• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If you want to stop gifting on items, prices need to be raised significnatly on market place

89 posts in this topic

Posted

90 mil chump change for boss gear.  All high end accessories are sold at a huge loss.  Yet all I see on forums and reddit 24.7 is people whining about people selling these items for pearls.  

Selling them for pearls is the only way to get any sort of value out of the item.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

4 people like this

Posted

How exactly does one go about selling accessories for pearls? What are the steps?

1 person likes this

Posted

How exactly does one go about selling accessories for pearls? What are the steps?

Same way as selling anything else for pearls.
I have tet ogre
U want tet ogre
U gift pearl items
I list tet ogre

That's the only way anyone is going to list a TET ogre consideirng how screwed you get on value by selling it.

1 person likes this

Posted

More or less. You can use an item and then sell it when you have something better. Those sales are rarely for profit, they are a way of recuperating something. 

Posted

More or less. You can use an item and then sell it when you have something better. Those sales are rarely for profit, they are a way of recuperating something. 

Crappy items you sell when you have something better can be sold at a loss. Sure.

TET Dandelion should not be sold at a loss.
TRI/TET Ogre should not be sold at a loss.

Highly desirable end game items should be sold for a PROFIT considering the immense risk people take to risk them.

Posted

Sure great idea, so i can sell my gear and get even more silver AND get gifted pearls.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

But the issue with this is that the game prevents personal transactions. Nothing stops other players from rolling for and buying that Ogre ring. So how is this even an issue? 

Plus, you're still buying pearls which in turn is still funding the game. 

Tell me again how this is an issue?

(Edit) If what you want is higher priced items then make a post about that and not about this.

Edited by Lughnasa
1 person likes this

Posted

Lol, i love the example deal.

I want tet ogre

You got tet ogre

I gift pearl

You post tet ogre

Random player not me get tet ogre

Best deal EVER!

18 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edit: WHAT HE SAID^
Example: When you're selling a TET: Ogre Ring you list it in the market place for your client to purchase.
When that Ogre ring hits the market place queue players are notified.

Lets say Person A wants a TET:Ogre Ring as well. So he Bids on the item.
Now your client also Bids on the Ogre ring. 

When the bid is over your client fails to win the bid and doesn't receive his ring. 

This is what I mean.

Edited by Lughnasa

Posted

Lol, i love the example deal.

I want tet ogre

You got tet ogre

I gift pearl

You post tet ogre

Random player not me get tet ogre

Best deal EVER!

I mean yea, but that's the only time a tet ogre will ever get listed to begin with.  

Edit: WHAT HE SAID^
Example: When you're selling a TET: Ogre Ring you list it in the market place for your client to purchase.
When that Ogre ring hits the market place queue players are notified.

Lets say Person A wants a TET:Ogre Ring as well. So he Bids on the item.
Now your client also Bids on the Ogre ring. 

When the bid is over your client fails to win the bid and doesn't receive his ring. 

This is what I mean.

People are still gifting massive amounts of pearls for the chance to buy these items as it is.  I don't have an issue with pearl gifting because it's the only way to get your true value for a high end item such as a TET Ogre.  I am talking about the people who are calling for a ban on pearl gifting.  If they want a ban on pearl gifting, the prices need to be raised on the marketplace by a lot for these items.  That's all I am saying.

Posted

And that will be the last time the client buys a TET Ogre for pearls as well.

How is this an issue?

Posted (edited)

And that will be the last time the client buys a TET Ogre for pearls as well.

How is this an issue?

You dont understand. The Client doesnt gift pearls so he can buy and actually get a tet ogre. He gifts pearls so that someone posts a tet ogre on the marketplace. The Client knows from the start that he might not get it.

You might think thats not fair but trust me there are many people who will gladly gift pearls just for the chance on getting a rare item.

Edited by Death_Grips
1 person likes this

Posted

Your logic doesn't make sense whatsoever. 
Pearl gifting wasn't intended for personal transactions it was intended to be used as PEARL GIFTING. So implies the term.

I doubt Daum will remove pearl gifting so players can increase Marketplace items. The correlation is 0.

If what you want is higher priced Items then make a post about that. And TET:Ogres arent 90M Or I'd have 5 of them on all of my alts.

Posted

Your logic doesn't make sense whatsoever. 
Pearl gifting wasn't intended for personal transactions it was intended to be used as PEARL GIFTING. So implies the term.

I doubt Daum will remove pearl gifting so players can increase Marketplace items. The correlation is 0.

If what you want is higher priced Items then make a post about that. And TET:Ogres arent 90M Or I'd have 5 of them on all of my alts.

How the hell can you say what it was or was not intended for?  Do you work for Kakao?

Posted (edited)

You dont understand. The Client doesnt gift pearls so he can buy and actually get a tet ogre. He gifts pearls so that someone posts a tet ogre on the marketplace. The Client knows from the start that he might not get it.

You might think thats not fair but trust me there are many people who will gladly gift pearls just for the chance on getting a rare item.

I understand this but the reason this is ok is because its not pay to win in any way. Every other person still has equal chance to get the item. It's essentially just gifting pearl items when you think about it. When someone gets scammed of their pearls because their client didn't receive their item Daum won't be responsible because they've tried to prevent this.

How the hell can you say what it was or was not intended for?  Do you work for Kakao?

Pearl Gifting is using your pearls to gift an item. If it was made to trade a TET: Ogre for pearls they would have developed it in such a way that the client receives his TET: Ogre.
Don't be silly.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001022885-Gifting-Trade-Deals

The gifting system is intended as a way to give items to your friends or loved ones. It is not supposed to be a means to facilitate in game trading.

Edited by Lughnasa
7 people like this

Posted

Honestly, people make this Pearl Gifting for TET issue sound like it is a large issue.

Are there really people actually doing this so much? Or are people just getting angst over seeing it posted in World Chat?

Whenever I see someone saying they will gift pearls for an item, in my mind.............its the same as gold seller spam..........I pay no attention to it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same way as selling anything else for pearls.I have tet ogre
U want tet ogre
U gift pearl items
I list tet ogre

That's the only way anyone is going to list a TET ogre consideirng how screwed you get on value by selling it.

if i think about the fact someone else buys the item or it never gets listed my pearls would be gone and im the screwed one... since we dont have the ability for direct trading asking for pearls sounds like nothing but scams.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't consider the economy broken when the prices to the economy can barely inflate or deflate without abundance of the particular item.

Posted

If you want to stop gifting on items, prices need to be raised significnatly on market place allow p2p trading with silver and fixed mp price only.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you want to stop gifting on items, prices need to be raised significnatly on market place allow p2p trading with silver and fixed mp price only.

This is the core of the issue.  Not sure why people find this so hard to understand?

The reason it's not allowed is to prevent botting and silver farming that would destroy the economy passed what it currently is.

Edited by Lughnasa
1 person likes this

Posted

This is the core of the issue.  Not sure why people find this so hard to understand?

Posted

the problem with a free marketplace economy: noone would be able to pay for greedy overpriced items except a handfull crazy nolifers farming silver 24/7... i dont want to think about valuepacks being 500 million silver or a billion for a costume not to forget that players would be able to sell cash shop items and could have set their character in full TET within a second :o

Posted

only kids use words like git gud. i think we are better than that. also it has nothing to do with getting good in a game if you cant spend 24/7 in a game farming like a braindead zombie. on the other hand whales would sit on mountains of silver enforcing kinda the same situation we have right now...i guess you never played any game with free economy where the rich players control the market like kakao does here right now just with the difference that the current prices are doable but with a player controlled economy this would be out of control within a day.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can it really be considered an unfair share of value when the value amount is fixed?

If you cant sell it for any more or any less in any possible scenario then how is it worth more than the fixed price?

There is a difference from simply wanting more.

Posted (edited)

only kids use words like git gud. i think we are better than that. also it has nothing to do with getting good in a game if you cant spend 24/7 in a game farming like a braindead zombie. on the other hand whales would sit on mountains of silver enforcing kinda the same situation we have right now...i guess you never played any game with free economy where the rich players control the market like kakao does here right now just with the difference that the current prices ara doable but with a player controlled economy this would be out of control within a day.

Every MMO I have played that has a free economy has a better system than this.  If smart people want to control the economy by manipulating the market then so be it.  I'm not even one of those types of people but I don't have a problem with it.

The main reason the marketplace is the way it is right now is to stop gold trading.  I don't think they care about people playing the market to make money or rich people having an advantage over poor people.  It's just to combat RMT.  This is neither here nor there though.  They aren't going to open up the economy like that and it's too late to do something like that anyways as it would probably kill the game. 

The least they can do is up the price on demanded items to make sure people actually get their fair share when they sell something (don't forget how bad the tax -----s u on every sale as well..).  If they do that they could turn off pearl gifting.

Edited by Dreamagain
1 person likes this