• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

nouver or kutum??

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

so I've been grinding it out for a while now prepping for awakening.. currently 180/256 with a tri liverto and tri kutum.. working on some last minute changes.. not sure if I should keep the red corals and so on.. but my big question is kutum or swap to nouver.. this class after awakening is clearly a sniper/glass cannon.. do I feed into this and stack the ap necessary to break the 200s or do I stick with the dp/acc from kutum.. we have acc in talent tree and I have 2 duo corals and bhegs.. would love some opinions here especially from those who have played her awak on KR ty for info

-Raevun

Edited by drajl01

Posted (edited)

Tl;dr Nouver is better till 230 ap, kutum is better if you have 230 ap with kutum, kutum is better for extremely hard pvp area's like kamasylve or aakmans, and its accuracy is pve only.

Edited by Intimacy

Posted

Tl;dr Nouver is better till 230 ap, kutum is better if you have 230 ap with kutum, kutum is better for extremely hard pvp area's like kamasylve or aakmans, and its accuracy is pve only.

Why is the accuracy only for pve? Curious.

Posted

Why is the accuracy only for pve? Curious.

We don't know why, all we know is the accuracy doesn't work in pvp

Posted

We don't know why, all we know is the accuracy doesn't work in pvp

I'm highly interested by your source, because some mates noticed a real difference when they equiped Kutum &/or TRI Red Coral earrings against Nouver &/or TRI Witch.

Posted

Just wanna add that you will probably need 90-100+ ap on your accessorys alone to get the 230 ap for Kutum which is generally hard to do, so Nouver will be the choice of many.

Posted

You say accuracy is for pve only...

Well when I tested Sayer vs Oros knot on pvp there was a big difference.

Try putting 4% accuracy buff on Unveiled Dagger and using Wheel of Fortune while having accuracy gear on you

Posted

You say accuracy is for pve only...

Well when I tested Sayer vs Oros knot on pvp there was a big difference.

Try putting 4% accuracy buff on Unveiled Dagger and using Wheel of Fortune while having accuracy gear on you

He's clearly saying that kutum the item itself not any other item just kutum.

The accuracy from kutum doesn't apply too pvp. So your test with Saiyor/Oros has nothing to do with kutum.

*drops mic*

Posted (edited)

Tl;dr Nouver is better till 230 ap, kutum is better if you have 230 ap with kutum, kutum is better for extremely hard pvp area's

Are you talking about strictly for pve?  Or are you saying that once you get to a certain AP level, more ap is less valuable than having more dp

Edited by Blackstag

Posted

Are you talking about strictly for pve?  Or are you saying that once you get to a certain AP level, more ap is less valuable than having more dp

For pvp once you break 230 ap WITH kutum, the dp becomes more valuable than 1 shotting people harder

Posted

This is false.  The reason Kutum is out damaging nouver in pve is not accuracy.  It's hidden monster AP.  And the difference between Nouver and Kutum is actually quite large in pve.  For PvP you will want Nouver for AP because the hidden Kutum mob damage doesn't apply to players.

Posted

everything so hidden theses days ....

3 people like this

Posted

Waiting on source...

Posted

Is it really that hard to figure out? Nouver when you feel you need more AP for PvP, Kutum when you feel you need more DP for PvP, and Kutum for PvE. 

2 people like this

Posted

Kutum should give acc on pvp, I see a ton of difference in damage variations between nouver and kutum on my maehwa. DK has some pretty meh acc so hatd to say how much that kutum helps if anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kutum should give acc on pvp, I see a ton of difference in damage variations between nouver and kutum on my maehwa. DK has some pretty meh acc so hatd to say how much that kutum helps if anything.

It does give acc in pvp. We have a lot of mindless players that just parrot information that they heard from a non-credible source or some retard streamer. Then we have the crazy theory crafters that come up with bogus constraints on when and where you should use an offhand. Try it out yourself and then educate others is my motto..

Nouver provides lots of AP. Kutum provides a little less AP and definitely provides acc with an ignore resist bonus. I think the answer is clear on what you should use in all cases... I'm not even sure why nouver exists at this point. 

Posted

i prefer nouver for sheer ap over anything else.

call me silly orr stupid dont care. :3 my game ill play how i like thanks.

Posted

i prefer nouver for sheer ap over anything else.

call me silly orr stupid dont care. :3 my game ill play how i like thanks.

Thats fine.  Gimping yourself on your pve grind thats all.  It's proven that Kutum does 20-30% more damage in pve.  Due to hidden AP for mobs.  Which is why you use nouver for pvp, and kutum for pve.  

Posted

Thats fine.  Gimping yourself on your pve grind thats all.  It's proven that Kutum does 20-30% more damage in pve.  Due to hidden AP for mobs.  Which is why you use nouver for pvp, and kutum for pve.  

Not if he has bheg's glove :)

Posted

Kutum is better, period. Please stop snipping my Nouvers :(

Posted (edited)

Kutums advantage is not accuracy but hidden PvE damage like he said many times already. I would argue that the difference is much smaller than 20-30% in a realistic scenario but its still stronger than nouver.

Edited by Alexiel
1 person likes this

Posted

It doesn't matter this has nothing to do with accuracy lol..... IT HAS HIDDEN MOB AP AP

1 person likes this

Posted

My friend and i are both level 56 Dk,  him With zarka and nouver (215AP),  i With liverto and kutum (200ap),  we both have tri bhegs and duo tree belt (so same acc, exept he have zarka thats gives more than liv). 

I still do more dmg to our level 60war everytime we try. 

Posted (edited)

My friend and i are both level 56 Dk,  him With zarka and nouver (215AP),  i With liverto and kutum (200ap),  we both have tri bhegs and duo tree belt (so same acc, exept he have zarka thats gives more than liv). 

I still do more dmg to our level 60war everytime we try. 

so what, you're implying it has hidden pvp damage on top of hidden mob damage now? Every one of your accessories are the same, every skill is the same? Infinite mastery, all passive ap and accuracy identical? No AP or accuracy gems differ?

I mean what you're saying makes no sense really. You imply kutum is so good it outshines the advantage of kzarka over liverto and an additional 15 AP with all else being equal. I'm not buying that all else is equal (which is what you're implying here, since your claim is irrelevant otherwise..). Best case scenario, your sample size is too tiny for that claim. Or there's some confirmation bias. Most likely it's some of all the above..

Edited by Xialoh

Posted

so what, you're implying it has hidden pvp damage on top of hidden mob damage now? Every one of your accessories are the same, every skill is the same? Infinite mastery, all passive ap and accuracy identical? No AP or accuracy gems differ?

I mean what you're saying makes no sense really. You imply kutum is so good it outshines the advantage of kzarka over liverto and an additional 15 AP with all else being equal. I'm not buying that all else is equal (which is what you're implying here, since your claim is irrelevant otherwise..). Best case scenario, your sample size is too tiny for that claim. Or there's some confirmation bias. Most likely it's some of all the above..

Plot twist and only logical answer to solve this problem: Liverto has hidden pvp dmg.