• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Character creator, head size option.

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Guess, the title explain enough what i would really like to see in the character creator.

For nearly all the class ( only tamer still more or less look to have Human proportion ) the head is absolutely WAY too tiny, and the worse of all, is definitely the DK..

84227153dk.jpgsupermariobros2.jpg

that look so weird..

This game need MORE option to correctly change the character proportions. ( same as the leg / torso proportions )

Edited by woots
13 people like this

Posted

This is something I made a topic about months ago. Sadly No one really took interest in it. I guess people don't care for proportions that much (or the fact that all the characters sliders min an max capabilities are all different and produce various size appearances on max settings. Can't it all just be the same??)

Posted (edited)

This is something I made a topic about months ago. Sadly No one really took interest in it. I guess people don't care for proportions that much (or the fact that all the characters sliders min an max capabilities are all different and produce various size appearances on max settings. Can't it all just be the same??)

yeah, the character creator slider are somehow a bit weird tho.

When its about the face customization, that's fine, but the body, and body proportion, that's really not that great, way too limited

Edited by woots

Posted

While I'm all for weird body proportions as an art style (heck, even I have a bad habit of drawing/designing characters with long legs and slightly smaller heads), usually allowing a player the freedom to also stray away from that is imho a big plus. As for right now you have to make a DKs body really small to make it look realistic, so yes, a head size slider would come in very, very handy. And so would allowing more extreme sliders for bodies in general. I for one was never a fan of the buff necks of warriors from day one and it seems like ninjas went the same route. It simply looks silly with faces with more slender features.

Posted

Completely agree. The heads of some of the characters mean you have to make the body very small for it to look believable... Ranger has the same problem for example.

It's an odd omission to allow changing body height so drastically, but not let us change the head size along with it.

Posted

Yes, the character editor definitely must be improved.  

Posted (edited)

Yes please! Also:

• Add numbers to sliders (for more precision!);
  • Have a black and white frame for choosing colors on skin and hair (because sometimes it's really hard to tell which 1 you chose on a pale color);
  • Have an undo/redo option.

Sorry for straying from the main idea.. but the character customize really need some love.

Edited by Lady Minuit
1 person likes this

Posted

I need this to happen. 

So many of my characters are as "fat" and tall as the character creation allows, but ... their heads look so tiny.

This is especially true for most female classes. The valkyrie, maehwa, and ranger come to mind first, but the DK is just as bad. 

Posted

Head size is just fine.  Bigger heads just bring us closer to waifu-weeb-paradise.

Posted (edited)

Head size is just fine.  Bigger heads just bring us closer to waifu-weeb-paradise.

You do release that, as an option, no one would force you to change the head size, that's everyone preference.

( not saying, we could at least have decent Human proportion, even if you dont look to yourself see the issue ^^ )

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Guys may be happy with the head size, but for women, no. We don't want to be pinheads. Given how great the chars look otherwise, this is really a jarring mistake. European women have head to body ratios of 6.5 to 7.5, Eastern women are often in the 5.5 to 7 range. Especially since many of the presets favor making an Oriental girl, this is a problem in making things realistic. 

The legs, particularly the lower legs, are too long as well, but it's not as unsightly to have long legs as a tiny head. :P

And yes, NUMBERS would be great for trying a length, then putting it back if it wasn't better.

The hilights for skin choices and the colors are sometimes invisible, as well. (As long as someone has the file open.... might as well fox everything!)

Edited by Eireochd
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't want to see bigger head sizes, regardless of it being "preference" because I don't want to play in a game where people weeb out their characters even more than they already do.  Looking at the top-downloaded Beauty Album entries, there's way more than enough "2D girls > 3D girls" without everyone turning into anime bobblehead waifu's.  No thanks.

Posted (edited)

I don't want to see bigger head sizes, regardless of it being "preference" because I don't want to play in a game where people weeb out their characters even more than they already do.  Looking at the top-downloaded Beauty Album entries, there's way more than enough "2D girls > 3D girls" without everyone turning into anime bobblehead waifu's.  No thanks.

Actualy, "bigger head" = human proportion, do you lack of observation that much ? Since i suppose, like everyone else, you see real Human nearly every days.

And human proportion =/= weeb.

Look like you have some serious issues if you are that obsess for you to directly think : bigger head, necessary mean "anime style" character ^^

Exemple, i took random photo of woman

stock-photo-isolated-slim-young-woman-in27c4b83df6604d24bbc1ffb279f606f2.jpg285399d33e9a7a158c8efeb108f09f7a8a90f9.j84227153dk.jpg

Do you now, nothing the HUGE difference between head size & body ? Are you now going to say that real Human proportion = weebs ? wtf is wrong with you xD

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Totally agree with this and also about the part on ranger. Somehow I found my DK to be fine with the pearl set (head size sort of hidden by collar and my pet). This is the reason that I buy lahr arcien hats, to blur the proportions. 9_9

One thing I found useful is to lengthening the upper chest (vertically) in some characters to approach a more natural proportion.

Edited by Cheyr

Posted

100% Agree, I would love to see a little improvement on the customization for overall character head size. 

Posted (edited)

+1 :o

jesusplusone.jpg

Edited by Xaoyu

Posted

Guess, the title explain enough what i would really like to see in the character creator.

For nearly all the class ( only tamer still more or less look to have Human proportion ) the head is absolutely WAY too tiny, and the worse of all, is definitely the DK..

This game need MORE option to correctly change the character proportions. ( same as the leg / torso proportions )

Yes. For sure. I think the Witch comes cross-eyed by default? There's definitely some sizing issues with all parts of the body. Head size option a definite must have!!!
Super-Hero-Heights-and-Weights-a.jpg

Posted

Actualy, "bigger head" = human proportion, do you lack of observation that much ? Since i suppose, like everyone else, you see real Human nearly every days.

And human proportion =/= weeb.

Look like you have some serious issues if you are that obsess for you to directly think : bigger head, necessary mean "anime style" character ^^

Exemple, i took random photo of woman

stock-photo-isolated-slim-young-woman-in27c4b83df6604d24bbc1ffb279f606f2.jpg285399d33e9a7a158c8efeb108f09f7a8a90f9.j84227153dk.jpg

Do you now, nothing the HUGE difference between head size & body ? Are you now going to say that real Human proportion = weebs ? wtf is wrong with you xD

I honestly think the head looks proportionate here O.o  

Posted

I honestly think the head looks proportionate here O.o  

then cool for you, you are not annoyed by thoses broken proportions ^^

Posted

then cool for you, you are not annoyed by thoses broken proportions ^^

I simply don't think they are broken in this particular picture that you've posted as an example, maxing the sliders will naturally make the head look to small, but in the picture you've posted it looks more proportionate than for example most witches, who has the opposite problem, the head appearing to large unless you max sliders. I honestly think your DK there looks more natural than the super skinny brunettes you posted as an example xD

I'd be happy to get more options, I just think it's a bad example to make your point, that's all. ♥

headtosmall.png

Posted (edited)

, maxing the sliders will naturally make the head look to small,

You do release that on my screen the DK have the smallest height possible right ? ( well the torso is a very little bit bigger otherwise the legs are freaking too long ( another BDO proportion issue when you set slider at the minimum ))

And from the picture your posted, that grill without much doubt "very" tall compare to the average female height. I mean, unless you really arent observer, that's obvious.

=> the comparison isnt good ;) Or just tend to match what i'am saying : proportion issues ^^

your DK there looks more natural than the super skinny brunettes you posted as an example

thoses picture i quickly grab from google, are picture of girl you can see everyday....  ( especialy to correctly show "general" Human proportion )  Guess you really need to give a closer look at woman irl xD

Edited by woots

Posted

I don't understand why you would pick a picture of a short DK to address this issue, since like I said.. her head looks fine, not to small with the body you've given her. That was my point. I was actually an art-student, so I do know proportions. I did choose a tall girl on purpose, to show you that her head would look somewhat small compared to her body, it's not going to be huge simply because her body is. 

Posted

I don't understand why you would pick a picture of a short DK to address this issue, since

Because it even more show how the head is way too tiny, since short heigh should mean bigger head size to match the normal Human proportion

like I said.. her head looks fine,

that's only your personal perception, but not the "reality" ^^