• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Just curious, how many people here dislike the new horse market system, i would like to know cuz i got asked multiple times to run a poll or some kind of petition against it, for me i see everyone who is close to breeding or interested in good horse are cursing it, just like this post or reply to why.

I dislike greatly that I can't work with my friends and guildies, specifically, but I also know why the system was put in because it does mean substantially more money for them instead of friends/guildies getting a relatively cheap boost into producing T6-T8 horses if they get sold T7/T8s.

But, I don't lament it hugely - I was able to get them T6s, and T6/T5 has the same breeding grade at 30 as T6/T6, so if they take even a single week raising up stuff, they stand a good chance at getting T7s, and then trying to roll from there to T8.

I will say that, coming into the game, it was a massive turnoff how little trading there is, but we got used to it. What was a bummer is that we had come into it where I was designated as our horse breeder, and three other guildies would work on sailboats, since getting everyone T8s is a big deal and making the sailboats is a big deal, too.

With the change to the system, I can no longer truly keep my end of things, so I feel kind of crappy about that =/

1 person likes this

Posted

Just curious, how many people here dislike the new horse market system, i would like to know cuz i got asked multiple times to run a poll or some kind of petition against it, for me i see everyone who is close to breeding or interested in good horse are cursing it, just like this post or reply to why.

Ya know, it's kinda funny. The change is worse for the buyer, not the seller. Yet I see a lot of breeders who profess that they're abandoning the horse market as a result. Don't really get that, as they're not losing anything unless they were in it for the pearls. As a horse breeder (which makes me the seller) I really couldn't care less. Either way, I'd make the same money. The only issue (IMHO) that it brings up for the seller is the ability to have even a reliable chance to sell to a specific buyer. So at that level, yeah, bummer. But again that's not a monetary income issue. But only because I wasn't one to sell for pearls.

2 people like this

Posted

The answer is simple really, the post from @SilentZed answered it, we all know training is one of the lowest life skills income wise but the feeling that your guidlies and friends depends on you is nice, i still have friends of mine who i sold them horses last year grateful, i myself never got a T8 C despite my record of T8s is 16x now, i could have made an easy trade with someone etc etc, i myself in my way to quit cuz i achieved what i started, got enough T8s for all type of T9s, idk about others but i assume same reason, goal achieved and helping friends or even selling for pearls was only thing keeping few.

Posted (edited)

Like others have said, what bothers me is not being able to sell to a specific buyer.  But that isn't reason for them to change as far as I can see...it's that way with everything expensive in the Marketplace.  So I'm pretty sure that really isn't going to change.  One thing I wish they would change though is the time it takes to list a lower tier horse.  I understand that programming-wise they aren't going to split how long it takes to list but I HATE having low tier horses clog up my stable because of the 10 minute listing delay.  

BTW I've been unable to really play the game for awhile now so I've just been looping on some of my horses and I've been leveling my second T8.  I'm really sad to report that as smart as my first T8 was..this one has just been average... At level 21 he had 9 skills and was very far from a Courser.  At level 29 he's up to 15 skills but still needs two for Courser status... Sideways move and Instant Accel.  Although he's no dummy, I'm betting that I will have to spend a LOT if I want to make him a Courser.

Edited by Shaynae
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I enjoyed being able to sell to friends and guild members.  In every other game I have been part of,  members of the guild helped one another out, one person would be chief cook, chief potions etc etc and it made the guild stronger.  The friends and guild members I sold to got the cream of the crop and god knows, we get enough potato T8s.  Usually I tweeked the ones I sold with a few skill change coupons and then of course, there were the breeding resets that littered that T8s ancestry.  I didn't ask, but many of the guild buyers tipped me skill change coupons or breeding resets which allowed me to keep breeding.  That was greatly appreciated.  They know how hard it is to get a good one. And advice and lower tier horses, I happily provided.  

I have still been able to sell my best T7s to friends, by just saying at x hour, I will be listing this horse.  Ten minutes after I list it will appear so just be ready to click fast when that happens.  :)

I have sold on the market too.  I will advise in channel chat if the horse is a really good T7 - nvr asked for pearls - and have met some nice people who ended up getting that specific horse and on my friends list.  The complete absolute dumbass potato T8s will get exchanged, the ones that would require lots of coupons but are decent I will probably sell on market , and someone else can spend the $$ to fix em up or that horse will have a permanent visit with the Imperial Trainer . The best I am keeping. :)  Am riding a lv 29 white T8 who currently has 157.1 speed and 159.3 accel, needs just S:IA and she will be part of my perm stable - these are the horses that are fun to breed.

There appears to be some misconception that horse breeders have dozens and dozens of T8s - that just makes me laugh, and I am one of the longer term breeders.

Edited by Ramblinrose
1 person likes this

Posted

"Am riding a lv 29 white T8 who currently has 157.1 speed and 159.3 accel, needs just S:IA and she will be part of my perm stable - these are the horses that are fun to breed."

@Ramblinrose

Is it that speed without equipment? If so that's a damn fast horse. Speaking of - that reminds me that I need to post my T8's stats into the thread specifically for it.

Posted

Yes speed without equipment. She just hit lv 30 and her final speed is 157.5 and accel of 160.5.  Still needs to get S:IA so will have to buy some coupons for that.  UGH. But she is a keeper, first horse I have had that learned both Sides and S:Sides on her own, just hope I don't get a merry dance getting S:IA!

2 people like this

Posted

That is an amazing T8E, then!

So, a question, then (regarding Trainer Level) - Do we have any strong evidence that trainer level affects how good a horse is in terms of level ups? The skill experience bit still bugs me because of its ambiguity, whether skill experience only works in regards to skills, how exactly it works, why there is a chance to learn skills at all if skill experience is a thing, etc.

And it made me wonder if there's a potential that Trainer Level perhaps also affects how good a horse can be? Like, I am willing to bet each level up it still will learn a random amount of % to each of its stats, but I am wondering if the thresholds or ranges might be larger for higher level trainers and what the average of fully trained T8s of those people are. Something that can definitely be looked at - but does the tracking thread itself take account for trainer level at time of T8 hitting 30?

Do you think it's anything that might potentially need to be tracked?

Posted

I don't find the change to the horse market all that terrible but all my friends who play also breed.  It just seems to take more coordination to try to sell horses under t8 to people you know but I see the issue with the t8 notice being broadcast.  I never used to equate t8 (or any tier for that matter) with weapons and armor but it seems some do and this puts it up there as the same.  Unsure how I feel about that but I suppose there is reasonable thoughts on it.

What I don't like is the 10 minute wait for listing and the 15 minute wait to cancel.  You make a mistake and you may have no chance to cancel and get your horse back before someone snatches it.  I don't remember there ever being a 15 minute wait to cancel till recently and it's absurd.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well my newest t8 is lvl 29 with 12 skills. Alot already put into her 😭 Guess my white horses are cursed 😕

Another note I wanted to extend an invite to discord for those who don't know about it. Named DarkHorses and friends. It's for the horse community. Racing, breeding, info.. whatever. Good friends the main importance 😄

https://discord.gg/2QY7H

You can set your role to NA or EU but please let me know you are new (I may miss it) cause there are extra rolls to set. This invite expires in 24 hrs. 

3 people like this

Posted

That is an amazing T8E, then!

So, a question, then (regarding Trainer Level) - Do we have any strong evidence that trainer level affects how good a horse is in terms of level ups? The skill experience bit still bugs me because of its ambiguity, whether skill experience only works in regards to skills, how exactly it works, why there is a chance to learn skills at all if skill experience is a thing, etc.

And it made me wonder if there's a potential that Trainer Level perhaps also affects how good a horse can be? Like, I am willing to bet each level up it still will learn a random amount of % to each of its stats, but I am wondering if the thresholds or ranges might be larger for higher level trainers and what the average of fully trained T8s of those people are. Something that can definitely be looked at - but does the tracking thread itself take account for trainer level at time of T8 hitting 30?

Do you think it's anything that might potentially need to be tracked?

I'm pretty sure I don't get better horses speedwise than I did when I was much lower level...I think it's all RNG, but it would be interesting to see if you compared a lot of horses from @Ramblinrose who has a really high Training level with someone lower.  My guess is it still would be random.

Posted

I think it is random as well.  Like everything else in this game.  :)   Very happy with Capella though.

Posted

I know they won't change how it works based on anything we say here, we are merely money cows for them to milk.  So I'll just give my personal opinion.  I think the system made horse breeding worse, and I never made a pearl off selling the horse either so I'm not just saying it because I miss selling horse for pearls like some others do.  I'm pro free market systems in MMORPG's.  Everything PA/Kakao have done so far have only restricted things further, made the game feel less like a MMO but more like a personal afk simulator.

When they made artisan workers announce, I've noticed less artisan workers being posted.  When they made T8 horses announce & the 10min wait, I've noticed less quality T8's being posted.  Every restriction they add to the game, the end results have been less supplies and less options for buyers.  I never liked the whole no player trading bs in the first place, and I equally hate a luck based marketplace.  I don't really care if this system makes it so there are less gold sellers ingame.  We are giving up way too much for it.  Not to mention the game designers didn't do this for our benefit, they did it so they can sell $34 outfits, $6 breeding resets, and $15 value packs just so you don't have to feel so robbed by the stupid 35% tax system.

Speaking of breeding resets, for the past 3 weeks I've trained and bred horses without using breeding resets.  The end result after 3 weeks?  I'm about out of females above T6, just as I thought would happen.  So while there are still people trying to say breeding resets are not needed, especially in those other threads where people bash horse breeders.   You can tell they aren't horse breeders at all by the things they say.  Horse breeding profession is such P2W and cash cows for PA/Kakao.  This is why I don't think they'll change a thing, because they're happy to keep milking.

3 people like this

Posted

My husband is skilled 8 and just finished a t7 black with every single skill! He doesn't want to delete FC and caution just cause of this. LoL Told him take lotta screenshots before he does 😂 It was a horse I sold him from one of my horse boxes... Do I wish I hadn't sold? You betcha! 😋 

I should add I rarely.. like 1 in 100.. get a perfect horse without skill changes. From beg to art no difference. From no extra gear to all extra gear.. no difference. 

They really need to make higher training have it so we get better horses from it!

4 people like this

Posted

I'm actually totally fine with it.

But then I also don't have people to sell to, and not enough horses to sell anyway even if I did.

Aaaand I don't bother trying to buy T8's.

Posted

I like the breeding system how it is but I think the pearl items should be more effective because we all know it feels like a robbery my best results seems to be when I use nothing however that works out lol....... potatoe.

Posted

If we cant arrange who gets the horse, I think we just need a way for bids to go over market value.

Posted

Do  any of you smash your t7's with an exchange for hopes on t8, or just sell em?

I've  been selling mine, simply to get *something out of the time spent training.  Lemme tell ya, getting T6 females from breeding T7's, is putting alot of sticks in my crawl.

If I smashed T7 30's and got another T6...I'd fuuuukkin loose it.

Posted

Do  any of you smash your t7's with an exchange for hopes on t8, or just sell em?

I've  been selling mine, simply to get *something out of the time spent training.  Lemme tell ya, getting T6 females from breeding T7's, is putting alot of sticks in my crawl.

I am selling the good ones who gives me much money $$$

The dump ones are smashed together for that extra chance on a good foal.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welp, my T8A learned no new skills at level 30 after his skill learning slowed down considerably 20+. He finished at level 30 with 16 skills, missing S: Sideways Move in order to be courser. I spent some money rerolling but no luck, so I'm hanging up my hat the courser icon isn't enough for me to spend more money on this rng crap.

The upside is I have a very useable fancy new T8 horse, which was my original goal. Now I can finally take a break from running my horses afk overnight and do some afk fishing instead. At least until the need to level the T6s in my stable and breed them with my T7 stallion grows too strong. >.>

Posted

I usually don't exchange anything over 45mil.  Anything less, it become less worthwhile to sell due to 35% tax.  When you smash, just don't expect anything, and sometimes you might be pleasantly surprised.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rip maint night, no horse training allowed ;o;

Posted

Video of my yesterdays mass breeding:

5 people like this

Posted

Video of my yesterdays mass breeding:

So many T8 females!

Posted

horse mass sell @Ascaeldor & me did yesterday:

2 people like this