• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Me too, crosshairs disappear once you equip a rope to throw it. Boo

Edit: Yep! It's in the patch notes 

When catching a Horse or a Baby Elephant, it was adjusted so that the Capturing Rope can only be thrown from at least 10M away from the target.

Nooooooo -______- well demn xD I never catch horses that I cant run againts something...mini game is so boring lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Me too, crosshairs disappear once you equip a rope to throw it. Boo

Edit: Yep! It's in the patch notes 

When catching a Horse or a Baby Elephant, it was adjusted so that the Capturing Rope can only be thrown from at least 10M away from the target.

Thanks for verifying, Panda. I suppose it's kind of a bummer, but I was used to catching them the natural way for a long time so I don't mind it too much.

Now if only they would make certain problematic areas less buggy to where horses get stuck on the side of cliffs, on rocks, are untargetable, etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can anyone please send me an invite to horse breeders discord?

Posted

Happy to report that my very first T7 is (slowly) turning into a total potato....born with Hind Kick, at level 7 has a total of 3 skills: adding Streak Jump and Fore Chop. xD

Posted

Is anyone else having problems with the premium apperance change item? Specifically in that I can't seem to change my horses appearance back into the default with the premium change coupon? 

Last night I bought 2x premium tickets, used them on my horse to change him once then change him back. (Was an idiot and used this when he was level 30 but not full exp, so he just got two bursts of exp out of it. Expensive lesson learned.) Try to use it on my T8 after the patch, change him once and got a skill, and it wont let me push the button to change him back even though the ticket is in my inventory, the button is greyed out.

Posted

I have no issue with the taming crosshair thing, all seems the same to me.  Except...there is no indication of pressing jump during the mini game so now I have to make sure I pay attn to when the horse rears up.

Just hit Artisan 5 and the last 10 points were brutal...90% of attempted tames failed at least twice and half took 3 tries........so much wasted rope and sugar! But I never give up on those stubborn ones, hehe.

Posted

I have no issue with the taming crosshair thing, all seems the same to me.  Except...there is no indication of pressing jump during the mini game so now I have to make sure I pay attn to when the horse rears up.

Just hit Artisan 5 and the last 10 points were brutal...90% of attempted tames failed at least twice and half took 3 tries........so much wasted rope and sugar! But I never give up on those stubborn ones, hehe.

The only thing that's changed is you can no longer skip the minigame by running a horse into an object because you have to be standing away a certain distance to be able to rope it. 

Posted

That many failed attempts? How long do you wait for them before attempting?

I will be honest - when I first rope them, I use one lump of sugar, and then I wait at least 40 seconds, and then I wait for the emote where the Horse bows its head. Using that method (I am Professional 6), I have only had 1 Failed to Tame attempt that I might have jumped the gun on since DK Awakening patch, I think.

Posted (edited)

So... Vanacil is offering me the "My Little Pony" quest, which I swear my Tamer did long, long ago.  I'm going to do it again, because...well, I can.

Woohoo for the 'shabby saddle'

Edited by Shaynae

Posted

The only thing that's changed is you can no longer skip the minigame by running a horse into an object because you have to be standing away a certain distance to be able to rope it. 

Yea, I never skipped it before so feels no different to me now :)  But the no jump/press space bar difference thing is a bit of a pain....especially if behind a shrub...gotta be paying attn and or be able to actually see the horse!  Not easy behind a shrub in the dark, hehe.

That many failed attempts? How long do you wait for them before attempting?

I will be honest - when I first rope them, I use one lump of sugar, and then I wait at least 40 seconds, and then I wait for the emote where the Horse bows its head. Using that method (I am Professional 6), I have only had 1 Failed to Tame attempt that I might have jumped the gun on since DK Awakening patch, I think.

It has been insane, bad rng, bad luck, I don't know.  IF it fails I wait a few seconds and try again but there is no logical reason it should fail so much.  As soon as I rope I watch and play the mini game, do they jump, etc.  When I get the option to mount I feed a sugar, count, feed a sugar, count, mount up if successful.  I have trained a freight train's worth of horses by now.  Not sure why that last stretch was awful.  They were all 4 & 5's also.   After hitting Artisan 5, every horse has been a success so far......go figure.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well at least we know that tonight (NA timezones anyway) there will be a server reset to fix the Anemos Horse Costume fix. Bummer though. Given that it's only a 30 minute downtime, I'd rather it was done when I'm available to log back in and restart my AFK loop. Given that I'm asleep at the time the reset will happen, the game will shut down a couple hours after I start the loop. I guess tonight I'll just setup an AFK cooking session.

Posted

Finally some males entered my stables

Got a T6k from 2 x T6 breedings

and a T7H from T6 + T7 exchange

All is well in the world again

Posted

Does anyone know what this patch note is about?  I didn't know there was anywhere that you couldn't sell horses to the stable master.

Fixed the issue where towns without stables did not allow sale of horses.

• However, horses with prices exceeding the silver weight limit of a player cannot be sold.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know what this patch note is about?  I didn't know there was anywhere that you couldn't sell horses to the stable master.

Fixed the issue where towns without stables did not allow sale of horses.

• However, horses with prices exceeding the silver weight limit of a player cannot be sold.

I scratched my head over that one myself because it didn't make sense, because there are no other NPC's other than stable masters that you can sell to. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to look into it before I had to run off to see a client this morning. But after scratching my head over it, I thought perhaps it meant that towns that previously didn't allow you to list horses on "The Horse Market", but the translation came through rather poorly. But since I didn't have time before I had to run, I didn't get a chance to test the theory (I meant to run to Glish to see if the Horse Market was suddenly available).

[edit] but that doesn't make sense either, because in Glish you could always send money to storage. so there is no Weight Limit requirement.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

I scratched my head over that one myself because it didn't make sense, because there are no other NPC's other than stable masters that you can sell to. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to look into it before I had to run off to see a client this morning. But after scratching my head over it, I thought perhaps it meant that towns that previously didn't allow you to list horses on "The Horse Market", but the translation came through rather poorly. But since I didn't have time before I had to run, I didn't get a chance to test the theory (I meant to run to Glish to see if the Horse Market was suddenly available).

[edit] but that doesn't make sense either, because in Glish you could always send money to storage. so there is no Weight Limit requirement.

I checked Behr and I still didn't see a horse market listing for that town.  Maybe it means ones like Olvia?  I'll check there as soon as I can.

Posted (edited)

I checked Behr and I still didn't see a horse market listing for that town.  Maybe it means ones like Olvia?  I'll check there as soon as I can.

Perhaps it meant those stables that are found out in the middle of nowhere and not actually attached to any town (ie.. Oliviero who's midway between Heidel and Calpheon). Perhaps a bad translation, in that in Korean it meant "Stables not attached to towns", but instead was translated to "towns without stables". Off the top of my head, I can't recall that I'd ever attempted to sell a horse to Oliviero.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Perhaps it meant those stables that are found out in the middle of nowhere and not actually attached to any town (ie.. Oliviero who's midway between Heidel and Calpheon). Perhaps a bad translation, in that in Korean it meant "Stables not attached to towns", but instead was translated to "towns without stables". Off the top of my head, I can't recall that I'd ever attempted to sell a horse to Oliviero.

Checked western guard camp and no option to sell there. Perhaps only the towns who didn't have the option before but you don't have to invest in to unlock.

Posted (edited)

Checked western guard camp and no option to sell there. Perhaps only the towns who didn't have the option before but you don't have to invest in to unlock.

Olvia is a no go either.  I was really hoping they had changed some places to have the horse market accessible but it doesn't look that way.  Just a sell to the Stable master.  

Edited by Shaynae

Posted (edited)

No option to sell at all? Or no Horse Market option? There's a difference.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Hi all,

I have an interogation about the horse skill of each Tier

I want to know if he exist, what's the maximum skill number for each tier

Exemple Tier 1 max 6 skill, Tier 2 max 8 skill ect ..... for T1 to T8

TY if you know something about that and ty again if you can share youre source

Posted (edited)

Also... I believe Western Guard Camp is actually counted as a "town" as it has that symbol on the map if I'm not mistaken.

I'm more curious about those out of the way nothing else around but a stable keeper (like Oliviero), with nothing else around.

westGuardCamp.jpg

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Also... I believe Western Guard Camp is actually counted as a "town" as it has that symbol on the map if I'm not mistaken.

I'm more curious about those out of the way nothing else around but a stable keeper (like Oliviero), with nothing else around.

I checked Oliviero and you can sell to him but you always could.

Posted

I checked Oliviero and you can sell to him but you always could.

That's kinda the kicker. Trying to decipher the patch notes. I can't recall if you could before. But I'll take your word for it. Now I'm just as stumped as ever as to what the patch notes meant.

Posted

That's kinda the kicker. Trying to decipher the patch notes. I can't recall if you could before. But I'll take your word for it. Now I'm just as stumped as ever as to what the patch notes meant.

I often catch the horses at the Bandit Camp area and I used to take them to him, so I'm positive.

Posted

I often catch the horses at the Bandit Camp area and I used to take them to him, so I'm positive.

I was about to say that I took horses to him as well and couldn't sell them from there.... but then I had this horrible memory pop up of trying to crawl back to Heidel after I unthinkingly sold a very expensive T2 at his stable. So I can definitely second that It was indeed possible to sell horses there before.

1 person likes this