• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Everyone gimme y'all luck T....T i need females :(, a lots of females lol, i need 2 T7 Female, 2 T6 Female

RNG Please

Edited by EzzyLupe
1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone gimme y'all luck T....T i need females :(, a lots of females lol, i need 2 T7 Female, 2 T6 Female

RNG Please

If you're EU I might be able to post a few soon.

Posted (edited)

If you're EU I might be able to post a few soon.

Don't have the money, boss gear ripping my pocket off :/, Thanks tho <3

Edited by EzzyLupe

Posted

This morning Jester my T8A 8A.png and Keke the T7E 7E.png gave me my third T8 and she's a female.

8D.png born with S: Instant Excel and S: Hind Kick

I did use a coupon on Keke and first try she got Drift which made her a Courser.  I also used one more coupon on Jester changing out S: Hind Kick and got the last skill he needed for Courser.  I don't know if it helped the chances for a better breed, but it did give my new T8A two skills at birth. 

5 people like this

Posted

I got back to breeding and horse training etc and was wondering : is catching x3 female horses, tier 4, being lucky? Did they up the higher horses in the wild or what? 

Posted

Don't have the money, boss gear ripping my pocket off :/, Thanks tho <3

Doubt they're too expensive, especially the t6 :P but alright np

Posted

I got back to breeding and horse training etc and was wondering : is catching x3 female horses, tier 4, being lucky? Did they up the higher horses in the wild or what? 

T4 & T5 got added into the game a few patches ago - they can also range from lvl 1-10

Posted

Hi everyone,

I tried looking for posts about this topic but many were outdated  (over a year ago). Sorry if it has already been brought up before. What is a good estimator of if a horse is a potato or smart?

Currently a T7H (female) I am leveling has 12 skills at level 21. (Hind kick, fore chop, start accel, high jump, quick stop, instant accel, quick back, streak leap, roar, caution, quick ride, two seater).

Whereas another T7E (male) I am leveling is level 30 with 11 skills. (Hind kick, fore chop, start Accel, high jump, quick stop, instant Accel, charge, quick back, streak leap, roar, quick ride).

Posted (edited)

hello, can someone send me invitation to discord channel? Thanks in advice :)

Edited by bunnji

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I tried looking for posts about this topic but many were outdated  (over a year ago). Sorry if it has already been brought up before. What is a good estimator of if a horse is a potato or smart?

Currently a T7H (female) I am leveling has 12 skills at level 21. (Hind kick, fore chop, start accel, high jump, quick stop, instant accel, quick back, streak leap, roar, caution, quick ride, two seater).

Whereas another T7E (male) I am leveling is level 30 with 11 skills. (Hind kick, fore chop, start Accel, high jump, quick stop, instant Accel, charge, quick back, streak leap, roar, quick ride).

Different people have differing ideas on what makes a Potato horse.  This is mine.  If you look at the number of skills a T7 can learn (16 for most of them) you can get some ideas about how 'smart' your horse is.

Everyone wants their horses to have all the skills or at the very least to have all the 'good' skills.  This means you see people calling horses with 12 skills 'potato horses' and that's not really a stupid horse, that's more an average to high average one.  I'd say that level 30 with 11 skills is average...not a horse most of us want, but it's average.

------------

Is anyone else having trouble posting to the new forums?   It says I have 'insufficient privilege'.  

Edited by Shaynae

Posted

@Shaynae Thanks for the input I will keep this in mind. :)

Posted

Is anyone else having trouble posting to the new forums?   It says I have 'insufficient privilege'.  

Yes, same problem here :\

Posted

Yes, same problem here :\

I used to but then logged in with the same details I use on the game launcher as they are now linked with that... although I had more problems and it said I didnt exist even though I play the game xD got sorted out by a GM in the end

Posted (edited)

@Shaynae Thanks for the input I will keep this in mind. :)

Oh one other thing...don't give up on a horse too early.  I posted in this thread a couple of pages ago about Keke...at level 16 she had four skills all of them bad and I really thought I had another 'Fennel' on my hands, but turns out she ended up with 12 skills AND she gave me two T8s.  Here's her second baby..

Please forgive me I don't have the talent of @Nyrante

2017-05-01_1139164704.JPG

Edited by Shaynae

Posted

@Shayne Oh I just love the black T8.  I have a courser one who is just a dream to ride, great stats - hope he.she turns into a keeper, Shayne because they just maneuver so well compared to the whites. And I have insufficient privileges on the beta forum as well.  I wish they would just have ONE forum, this beta experiment is taking too long.

Posted

Oh one other thing...don't give up on a horse too early.  I posted in this thread a couple of pages ago about Keke...at level 16 she had four skills all of them bad and I really thought I had another 'Fennel' on my hands, but turns out she ended up with 12 skills AND she gave me two T8s.  Here's her second baby..

Please forgive me I don't have the talent of @Nyrante

Hidden Content

@Ascaeldor & me offered a fotosession; just say when and where :D (also have an Alt on NA)

Posted

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2017-05-01_1045046764.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Someone send convite discord group?

I'm still starting my stable, someone suggests a spreadsheet from Google Drive?

Anything?

Posted

Hi everyone,

My method for judging a horse as being a potato is pretty simple Caveat: I only judge T5-T7 by this method because they have 15/16 total skills available to them, while T1-4 don't have as many learnable skills to choose from, and T8's have a larger pool of skills to choose from. As well, I've just never found it worth the time to judge a T1-T4 as they're usually fodder (might be different if I weren't a breeder).

If the horse's total learned skills is 1/2 (one half) or greater than the horse's current level, it's a friggin genius. If it's total learned skills is less than 1/4th the horse's current level, it's on the stupid/potato side. If it's in between, it's average. So consider a T7 level 30 with 7 skills, that's just under the 1/4th threshold for being a spud. But the same horse with 15 or 16 skills is a freak of nature genius. While the same horse with 10 skills would be average.

That being said. That's just how "I" judge my horses. Mileage may vary based on other's opinions.

Some breeders feel there's a new hook in the system. Since the Courser system was introduced, now a lot of breeders consider any horse that doesn't have all the courser skills as being a potato. Which I don't think is a fair assessment. But again, that's just me.

Posted (edited)

So, update on my T8 female, who, unlike my other 2 T8Ds which were both 13/14 skill potatos (no quality skills to them p much), is turning out nicely!

Level 18 w/ 13 skills, and she has:

-Sprint

-IA

-Sidestep

-S:IA

So already not a bad racing horse, just needs drift and she'll be set! And if she learns drift/charge, she would only be 1 skill away from a courser, so crossing my fingers.

Edited by Leuphe

Posted

Im thinking 6 tier 8's is enough for me and I dont really care whether they are purebred or not, Im not going to try for that since I feel its pointless in my situation the tier 8's will just turn into a completely different horse anyway if awakened(which is my only goal).

Im clearing out all of my males tier 7 etc doesnt matter what tier now, they get leveled to 15 and put on the breed market for others then sold to imperial. I have one high level breed left and Im not doing that anymore Im just trying to stop breeding horses now but I have so many :S

So keep an eye out on the breed market(if you need tier 7 females etc)  I will be putting males on there off and on as I level them to 15 but sorry they will only be level 15 just fyi

Posted

Anything?

Sent you a PM regarding the Discord server and spreadsheets.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sent you a PM regarding the Discord server and spreadsheets.

Can u send one to me too?

Posted

@DenverRalphy that is a pretty simple and clean method of guestimating potato-genius thresholds I have high hopes for my female 7H ^_^  (I probably jinxed myself into her not learning any more skills all the way to 30 lol x_x.) if a horse learns half or most of the courser skills that is good enough for me to consider them smart as far as coursers go :) I have only ever had one horse end up being a courser naturally but he was a T6 ^_^;