• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

@Kaythulu
Tyvm for the info! I will try this out. Wish me luck!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I totally forgot the T5's could get this, so I didn't quite expect this to be a Catch-of-the-Day! :D

2017-03-11_654257003.JPG

Edited by jazzycat
Re-took screen-shot to show market-price on NA servers.
6 people like this

Posted

I did 3 more breedings in t15 range recently, got t5(f) and x2 t6 (m,f). Meh.

This evening I'll try to breed my genius T6N with T6G (courser) at lvl 27 both (t16 range). Crossing fingers for pure white, or at least any other t7 skin... Cmon rng this is 19th attempt, don't be so cruel to me!

Thanks, rng, just thanks....

uJm2BYM.jpg

6075709e1f5a5e675e968f01da5fc8d5.jpg

I think with such results I'll make this meme my avatar soon...

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

My boyfriend, the sweetheart that he is, bought me a female breed reset.<3

So threw my last pair(that gave the female T8D) to breed again.

T7I.png Male + T7H.png Female = T7B.png Male (Also born with 2 skills; low grade)

Another male, buuuut.. darn high white and a T7, so i'll take it. xD

My boyfriend wasn't so lucky, though.. both his T7 x T7 high white cross gave him crap T6's. =/ Even all the exchanges. He's now out of T7's as they all gave him T6's save for maybe 1 breed(resulted in a T7), and yes.. he reset everything. Needless to say he's not happy to have spent so much money only to be back at square one, and I doubt he's going to continue bothering with horses at this point.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

My boyfriend, the sweetheart that he is, bought me a female breed reset.<3

So threw my last pair(that gave the female T8D) to breed again.

T7I.png Male + T7H.png Female = T7B.png Male (Also born with 2 skills; low grade)

Another male, buuuut.. darn high white and a T7, so i'll take it. xD

My boyfriend wasn't so lucky, though.. both his T7 x T7 high white cross gave him crap T6's. =/ Even all the exchanges. He's now out of T7's as they all gave him T6's save for maybe 1 breed(resulted in a T7), and yes.. he reset everything. Needless to say he's not happy to have spent so much money only to be back at square one, and I doubt he's going to continue bothering with horses at this point.

Congratulations, but sorry to hear about your boyfriend's luck.

Have you suggested that he try lower Tiers for T7s?  I find it much less frustrating, in case he wants to replenish his stock...  Of course it doesn't help getting T8s but for the T7s I find it works a lot better.

Posted

Bred a t6 female to a t7 male tonight. Got a t6 female. Not even worth naming what colors they were 😭 Guess I'm done again for awhile till something gets better. 

At least my 2 t8s gave me 2 t7s and exchange for another t7 last night 😞 I can lvl them up and hold them for another couple of months

Posted (edited)

When you catch out 2 big areas of horses then return on respawn time but everything you got there were bunch of T1/T2s q.q
Wasted effort x))

Edited by Silvite
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wassup everbody , started this game about a week ago.  Got my DK to lvl 56 in 2 days then got bored of grinding so I switch to horse breeding for fun.  So far I have 1 t7 I bought off market at lvl 1 , lvl 28 now with 12 skills.  The 4 skills left are: instant accel, side ways, sprint, and 2seater.   Only 2 lvls left to go but I think its gonna be a potato without any skill reset coupons. So sad =(...

On the other hand I went out hunting and caught like 6 t5s in the wild.  They on a long wagon journey right now.  I plan on lvling them to lvl 22-25 and breed.  I'll update the results in a few days after I'm done afk wagoning.  =D

Edited by Ayl
Let's not have sexually explicit horse names please, thanks.
1 person likes this

Posted

Wassup everbody , started this game about a week ago.  Got my DK to lvl 56 in 2 days then got bored of grinding so I switch to horse breeding for fun.  So far I have 1 t7 I bought off market at lvl 1 , lvl 28 now with 12 skills.  The 4 skills left are: instant accel, side ways, sprint, and 2seater.   Only 2 lvls left to go but I think its gonna be a potato without any skill reset coupons. So sad =(...

On the other hand I went out hunting and caught like 6 t5s in the wild.  They on a long wagon journey right now.  I plan on lvling them to lvl 22-25 and breed.  I'll update the results in a few days after I'm done afk wagoning.  =D

t5gang.png

Well good luck to you on breedings P:
Though the names of your horses make me want to bathe my eyeballz in bleach :'D

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well good luck to you on breedings P:Though the names of your horses make me want to bathe my eyeballz in bleach :'D

I didn't want to quote the troll post ....So far we've been pretty good about not having issues with them.  The post Silvite quoted (not this quoted post) seems like a candidate though...

Edited by Shaynae
2 people like this

Posted

At least, his catched horses has different names. Every catched of mine is called Calphei :|

Posted

At least, his catched horses has different names. Every catched of mine is called Calphei :|

haha well, at least you are consistent!

Posted (edited)

I didn't want to quote the troll post ....So far we've been pretty good about not having issues with them.  This seems like a candidate though...

I was thinking the exact same. And something else, but I won't judge that person *tries real hard*.

I mean, someone that says a T7 with 4/7 skills is a potato, someone like that doesn't know the definition of a potato.

Edited by Miyumi

Posted

Quite inappropriate horse names, I deleted the image. If you want to re-upload it or upload an update screenshot, please censor out those names, just no need for it. 

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

Good work Ramlinrose! Finally made an account to support my fellow breeders, I've been following since December.

I haven't had amazing results but I haven't had the worse either. My errand and running horse is a 7D corser+two seater and I was lucky enough to get an 8D that was missing s:sideways move and s:instant accel who took about 7 coupons to get T9 ready.

My personal results of 3 months breeding:

Results.thumb.png.eb12e702f361ceddd6056b

Google Sheet tabs are current pairs, coats(for my poor memory of RWB), skills with calculator to compare females on my wagon, and then all results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KZgjRFr4sUGrE03z-8tq8I2jTki_O2XeOjyVp2Ec1LQ/edit?usp=sharing

All these T6s makes me want to QQ. I know I might have better luck in higher ranges than 14 but I'm pretty impatient and I feel I can breed more with the levels I get mine to. 

Thanks everyone for all your information! I cry and celebrate with you <3

Edited by Sad Panda
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Huh, interesting... 2 1/2 months of play now and I only just now learned that you can overflow a stable. I have a horse ranch in Calpheon just for the 8 slots to store horses. I never breed out of Calpheon (cuz I rarel every play in that area), but I had an occasion where my AFK loop desync'd on the route back to Heidel from Calpheon, got back on the wagon and decided to go back to Calpheon to start a new auto-loop. However while trying to turn my wagon around (it was almost to Delphe) and I stopped in a panic when it looked like my wagon would go over the cliff into the river. So I dismounted from the wagon, ran back on foot to Calpheon and "remote collected" my wagon. No problems at this point. So after remote collecting, I checked the wagon back out, and started heading back to Heidel, and low and behold I found my wagon was at 1 durability/hp. WTH I think to myself? Hrmmmm... I think to myself, perhaps it was the remote collection that reduced my wagon to 1 hp. Do some Google searching and learn that Remote Collection can overflow your stable up to 20 slots.

I really wish I'd known about this mechanic earlier. I'd have stuffed Calpheon with 19 horses (and 1 wagon) to make room in my other stables. Granted, while being in an overflow you can't breed and receive foals in that stable. But hey, 11 free slots for horse storage (1 slot needs to be reserved for the wagon) is nothing to sneeze at. Only downside is that if you overflow a stable, then the horse is reduced to 1 hp/endurance, but if it's a wagon, then the wagon gets reduced to 1 hp/endurance but the horses are left intact. The silver cost to repair wagons or recover the horses is minimal.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Right now I have 30 horses sitting at level 30 and 10 more to go to get to 30 yet.  Majority are T6's females to go with my T7 males and 3 are T6 females I'll breed to the 2 T6 males I have.  I also have one T7 female so that's my best shot at a T8 if i do a 7x7.

I haven't bred for awhile and now I think I'm more afraid to do it than before!  It's been months of leveling only and soon there will be a breeding frenzy and I'll get all T6's again and be right back where I started.

Maybe I shouldn't wait for some rate increase.  But the horror of so many T6's again.....  9_9

I also haven't seen anything in the wild but T1's  :(

Good work Ramlinrose! Finally made an account to support my fellow breeders, I've been following since December.

I haven't had amazing results but I haven't had the worse either. My errand and running horse is a 7D corser+two seater and I was lucky enough to get an 8D that was missing s:sideways move and s:instant accel who took about 7 coupons to get T9 ready.

My personal results of 3 months breeding:

Hidden Content

All these T6s makes me want to QQ. I know I might have better luck in higher ranges than 14 but I'm pretty impatient and I feel I can breed more with the levels I get mine to. 

Thanks everyone for all your information! I cry and celebrate with you <3

I like your google sheet.  Makes me want to replicate it in Excel but my spreadsheet foo is weak, hehe.

2 people like this

Posted

Overflowing stables by remote collection is the only way i can have as many horses as I do.  However, it isn't really an official thing, which is why I did not go into huge detail on the FAQ,   BDO hasn't done anything to stop us, tho, and it would be a HUGE blow to breeders everywhere if they were to. And yes, the max is 20 per stable. :)

4 people like this

Posted

Right now I have 30 horses sitting at level 30 and 10 more to go to get to 30 yet.  Majority are T6's females to go with my T7 males and 3 are T6 females I'll breed to the 2 T6 males I have.  I also have one T7 female so that's my best shot at a T8 if i do a 7x7.

I haven't bred for awhile and now I think I'm more afraid to do it than before!  It's been months of leveling only and soon there will be a breeding frenzy and I'll get all T6's again and be right back where I started.

Maybe I shouldn't wait for some rate increase.  But the horror of so many T6's again.....  9_9

I also haven't seen anything in the wild but T1's  :(

I like your google sheet.  Makes me want to replicate it in Excel but my spreadsheet foo is weak, hehe.

Thank you.

I wish I had your patience. I really should try to level the T6's to at least 22+23 but I'm afraid I'll get just as many T6's back :(

Posted (edited)

Overflowing stables by remote collection is the only way i can have as many horses as I do.  However, it isn't really an official thing, which is why I did not go into huge detail on the FAQ,   BDO hasn't done anything to stop us, tho, and it would be a HUGE blow to breeders everywhere if they were to. And yes, the max is 20 per stable. :)

Yeah, I can see that as possibly being something that might be adressed in the future. I hope not. Though I think a breeder could potentially screw themself if they ever pack the 20th slot without a wagon. Otherwise they're in for a long friggin run (though maybe an opportunity to put a pack on your back and AFK some Strength Training while you run to Starbucks to enjoy a Venti). Makes me rethink the Stable Expansion cash shop items though (I've bought a couple for Serendia).

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

One of the reasons why Heidel is the central hub for a lot of people is due to the easy access to stables all around.  I use Heidel as my main city, so I never fully fill that stable.  I've expanded it to 17 slots via pearl shop for breeding purposes.

From Heidel you are within easy walking distance to Eastern Gateway, Central Guard Camp, Northwestern Gateway, Oliviero (west of Heidel), and a bit further but within acceptable distance Glish & Velia.  So count 20 horses you can stuff in each of these places within walking distance of Heidel, it makes Heidel a great breeding hub for horse breeders.  You don't get this kind of stable access any other cities.

Just a tip that may or may not help other breeders out :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have 2x T6 lvl 27 according to calculator I'm in range 16, but as we know this calculator is not very precise 27+27 = 54  it makes more sense if it was 55 for range 16 not 54. I just do not want to waste good horses but it takes so damn long to level them ;_;. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Edited by Upe

Posted

I have 2x T6 lvl 27 according to calculator I'm in range 16, but as we know this calculator is not very precise 27+27 = 54  it makes more sense if it was 55 for range 16 not 54. I just do not want to waste good horses but it takes so damn long to level them ;_;. What are your thoughts on this matter?

You roll the dice..you take your chance.

I always level them to 30 but that's because I'm superstitious.  :)

1 person likes this

Posted

lvl 22/23 T6 give me alot of T7 so İ hope even higher is better. Although i'm still pretty sure higher levels are rigged and actually give less chance. T7xT7 gives all T6 but T6xT6 at lvl 22/23 gives me alot of T7's. Each his own luck İ guess :P

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

:sigh: I've got 1 T6, 2 T7, and a T8 on my wagon. All of which are above level 23 now (except the T8, he's still at 16). I also have a T6 lvl 27 in a stable waiting to breed. Trying to decide whether I should continue to wagon them all, or start soloing to get one breed going, then bounce to the next solo run. On a wagon, all of their leveling is going SLOOOOOW now at their tier and level. I know that 4 horses leveling over time will be more efficient... but dayum... it's just so slow. So the dilemma, get a horse breed going and level the others during the interim, or wait until they're all ready to be bred, but be backlogged in the breeding process.

And too, there's the whole, "My alts are being ignored and there's zero active gameplay going on" while waiting for the Auto-Looping to finish.

Edited by DenverRalphy