• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Ive had from my past two breeds/exchanges 2x T6 male and 2x T7 females.

Each breeding pair gave me one of each O.o 

i have 5 T8 males and 1 T8 female... My friend has all Females - she owns Taco Bell and i have a sausage factory xD 

At least, your sausages can meet her tacos Oo

(help, my dirty mind...!)

Posted

At least, your sausages can meet her tacos Oo

(help, my dirty mind...!)

Omg @PandoraRose Tacos! xD 

its just weird how the only female ive gotten was from a racing box and the males were from breeds and one box as well. Where Pandora has only ever gotten females from breeds and one from a box but no males O.o 

if you want some comfort, here is a pic of my first T8. I was lucky enough to get a T8E out of a racing box after one year of casual breeding and here he was at level 10 :

MyFirstT8.thumb.jpg.03ef659bfb3769adc027

then I was lucky, he learned Hind Kick at level 11 then nothing again at 12 then Drift. Now he's in a stable for a duration that is to determine.

I have to say that I lost faith on him.

Omg that donkey is so cute :x 

But seriously that is quite a potato! It might be a match for my T8C Thunder who has 10 skills at level 29 - best is charge xD 

Posted

if you want some comfort, here is a pic of my first T8. I was lucky enough to get a T8E out of a racing box after one year of casual breeding and here he was at level 10 :

then I was lucky, he learned Hind Kick at level 11 then nothing again at 12 then Drift. Now he's in a stable for a duration that is to determine.

good god O.o

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Untitled.png

Edited by Conflama
2 people like this

Posted

My latest t8 :) 

2017-05-03_938473105.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

I know how I feel about it - makes me angry :P

but yeah, perhaps we breeders just stop all the hard work at one point and join in the easy ways of getting good horses. Makes all we did and do just obsolete.

Posted

Ive had from my past two breeds/exchanges 2x T6 male and 2x T7 females.

Each breeding pair gave me one of each O.o 

i have 5 T8 males and 1 T8 female... My friend has all Females - she owns Taco Bell and i have a sausage factory xD 

Wow lol lucky tho

Well get them tacos hooked up with your sausages, let all the ooooooo begin

(don't blame me, blame the internet!!!)

1 person likes this

Posted

Omg @PandoraRose Tacos! xD 

its just weird how the only female ive gotten was from a racing box and the males were from breeds and one box as well. Where Pandora has only ever gotten females from breeds and one from a box but no males O.o

Clearly the game is telling me that I should open a brothel. =D

1 person likes this

Posted

quick question, what sort of speeds should be expected at lvl 30 for each of the t8s?

Posted

quick question, what sort of speeds should be expected at lvl 30 for each of the t8s?

It's pretty RNG, but you should take a look at this thread where people have posted stats of lvl 30 T8's.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/109407-your-t8-horses-stats-at-lv-30/

Untitled.png

I don't understand PA/Kakao's design philosophy.  Let's make things super tedious to make/obtain/produce, slap tons of RNG on them, and make people nearly want to quit the game out of frustration.  Then, let's give everything out for free.  Wouldn't it be better game design to make things more accessible via playing the game, so more people actively play BDO, rather than just afk activity 20 hours a day and get things for free via attendance rewards.  Bleh.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well OK, this sad t8 does remind me of a tangent: that donkeys should get some serious attention in BDO. Not only are they adorable, they could be given buffs for farming, for gathering, or something to make them usable once we reach the horse age. It's a shame they're rendered useless so soon, I mean come on, I need more of that turn radius in my life. It's so cute! And what about donkey costumes? Maybe a burlap bag? Or a vaudeville dancer? Please, Kakao, PLEASE! I see climbing might become a life skill... so give us the donkey, to scale cliff walls. SOMETHING.

(P.S. LOVE this image Magret... at least we can laugh when we want to cry.)

Edited by LunarLight
2 people like this

Posted

Untitled.png

Since I have 2 T8 and none of them courser I feel ok with this. Just another attempt for T9 and with good starting skills. Bring it on!

1 person likes this

Posted

Well OK, this sad t8 does remind me of a tangent: that donkeys should get some serious attention in BDO. Not only are they adorable, they could be given buffs for farming, for gathering, or something to make them usable once we reach the horse age. It's a shame they're rendered useless so soon, I mean come on, I need more of that turn radius in my life. It's so cute! And what about donkey costumes? Maybe a burlap bag? Or a vaudeville dancer? Please, Kakao, PLEASE! I see climbing might become a life skill... so give us the donkey, to scale cliff walls. SOMETHING.

(P.S. LOVE this image Magret... at least we can laugh when we want to cry.)

it's not all bad. For example, i have no risk of making an accidental Fore Chop from pressing IA too soon.

Posted

Ok so I said I would update in my current T6 wagon when I got home:

T6S level 24 a corser but has the trinty and the required corser skills

T6T level 24 Drift and IA

T6G level 15 Sprint

T6G level 15 Drift & IA

Posted (edited)

Based on what I'm reading in the other threads, it would take about 7 to 10 months to acquire enough seals to trade for a chance at a t8 horse. I don't know if this is considered good news or not, but it certainly still maintains the value of breeding.

Untitled.thumb.png.8857ef960abcebec0dffd44ae43a2cf8.png

Edited by LunarLight

Posted (edited)

Small update - likely won't be playing for quite a while. We are setting up elsewhere and almost all of my free time will be going toward maintaining and running the shop. I still have a ton of extra data to go through, and sort out in terms of averages - but I will leave with this:

Despite several changes, these are what I came across in all of my data comparisons for Grades 15-18 (I don't have what I would consider a respectable sample size of Grade 19 breedings, so I am leaving them out altogether in this post. These are my numbers after I compiled all of my previous results together and dropped Grade 19 altogether.

T5 has a proposed 18% average percentage from Grades in this range capable of a Tier 5 Foal (15 and 16). Field data shows these numbers at 10% out of 240 breedings capable of producing a Tier 5. While field data shows that this average is below the proposed, Grade 15 breedings did yield twice the amount of Tier 5 horses than Grade 16, which falls exactly in line with the proposed breeding grade ratios (Grade 15 has double the chance to produce Tier 5 than Grade 16 does). Grade 15 produced 16 Tier 5 foals, Grade 16 produced 8.

T6 has a proposed 42% average percentage across 15-18. Field data shows these numbers at 66.666%, more than 50% higher than the projected with 248 breedings out of 372 capable of producing a T6 horse.

T7 has a proposed 40% average percentage for breeding across 15-18. Field data shows these numbers are much lower, worryingly so at 22.580% with 84 breedings producing a T7 foal out of 372 capable. These numbers are almost half of what the proposed should be.

T8 has a proposed 18% average percentage for breeding across 17 & 18, since 17, 18, and 19 are the only tiers capable of producing T8. Field data shows these numbers at 12.121%, with 16 attempts producing T8 foals out of 132 breeding.

NOTE - I understand the field data percentages do not add up correctly and this is intentional, as I only weighed the averages against the breeding grades capable of producing, and since not ever grade can produce T5 or T8, I had to adjust my numbers accordingly so that their percentages were not calculated incorrectly.

As with a lot of my other posts, some of the numbers have shifted a little bit, but overall the trend remains largely the same. T6 is much higher than the proposed by roughly 50% so don't think you're cursed if you are getting more T6s as normal...everyone is.

T7s are much lower across the board by more than 50% of the proposed.

T8s (where initially it looked like they were being produced more regularly) do look like their overall percentage has gone down as well by, you guessed it, roughly 50% of the proposed.

TL;DR - Field data shows T6 breedings are occurring more than 50% of their proposed from breeding attempts that can yield T6s. T7s and T8s are down 50% from their proposed rate from breeding attempts that can yield T7 and T8s. =(

I highly doubt that's coincidental considering the large sample gathered.

I hope to see you all again when I have time, though I don't know when that will be. I hope my information and work has been helpful, and I thank everyone that submitted their data for compilation and tracking to me. Even if it was a bit silly perhaps, if you did not find my postings informative, maybe you at least found them interesting.

Hail Horsdra and I wish you all best of luck, health, and good breeding!

Edited by SilentZed
11 people like this

Posted

T6 has a proposed 42% average percentage across 15-18. Field data shows these numbers at 66.666%, more than 50% higher than the projected with 248 breedings out of 372 capable of producing a T6 horse.

The mark of the horse devil :0 They're cursed!!!

Posted

Zed you have been such a valuable member of our community.  We will miss you.  Hope everything goes well irl and that you get back to us when you can.  I will have horses waiting for you if you need them. :)  Best of luck, always!

2 people like this

Posted

Zed you have been such a valuable member of our community.  We will miss you.  Hope everything goes well irl and that you get back to us when you can.  I will have horses waiting for you if you need them. :)  Best of luck, always!

I thought you're talking to me for a second, then i realized his name tho

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU SILENTZED

Idk you but i like your profile pic

-----------------------

Also Now my both T4 are 25, no valuable skills ofc

T5 23, same skills as the T4 - oh well they going to breeded and exchanged anyway mwahahaha

T6 17 going to the same route as them, except Charge is obtained, along with Quick Stop

So 2 more days to get the breeding out of them

Posted (edited)

It finally happened!

So much running, looking at the sky.

So much running, NOT looking at the sky...

Finally got my first T8! And it's a Female even. Ah, made my evening. Happy friday all!

kQdJ5kn.jpg

Edited by Rigel
10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Got my first ever courser overnight while getting my next breeders levelled up

2017-05-05_693173711.thumb.JPG.d5c3ebe9c

Make that double coursers wow

2017-05-05_693346472.thumb.JPG.bcf3aae85

Edited by ArgleBargle
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Got my first ever courser overnight while getting my next breeders levelled up

2017-05-05_693173711.thumb.JPG.d5c3ebe9c

Make that double coursers wow

2017-05-05_693346472.thumb.JPG.bcf3aae85

Sooo lucky xc 😭😭, Congrats

myT4 just learned drift out of no where

Edited by EzzyLupe
1 person likes this

Posted

Given that BDO has new forums, are we (the horse breeding community) going to be migrating to them or are we going to keep posting here?  Because I've been horse breeding for a while (several months) and would really like to join the try-hards of this community.  (I meant try-hard as a compliment, seeing as most of us who really love horse breeding in BDO go so far as to make and keep spreadsheets of every detail to help create a wealth of data to better understand how the breeding system works).  I've spent many hours combing through all 111 pages of this thread and am ready to start contributing what I can.

1 person likes this