• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Hallo fellow breeders, I had a question regarding the horse skill deletion thing. 

I was fortunate enough to score another t8 a while ago, I decided to level it a few days ago. She's at 15 skills at lvl 28, which is honestly more than I expected....BUTTTTT

She literally learned EVERYTHING except the skills I need!!! DFSJFSDKLFALFDSA. Skills left unlearned are: Instant Accel, Instant Accel S, Sideways S, Drift, and Two Seater (LOL).

I have a nightmare relationship with skill change coupons, and I'm not about to throw $50 down the drain to get a few skills MAYBE. I was thinking about deleting skills so the only option when I change the skills would be the "good" skills I wanted, but I'm not sure how to go about that. I've never used skill deletion before. 

If anyone could explain, or give suggestions of what they would do in my place, it would be sooooo much appreciated. Thank youuuu!!

Posted

@KimKim Page one, question ten of the FAQ.  Saves me time from writing an answer to you. ;)

Posted (edited)

Hallo fellow breeders, I had a question regarding the horse skill deletion thing. 

I was fortunate enough to score another t8 a while ago, I decided to level it a few days ago. She's at 15 skills at lvl 28, which is honestly more than I expected....BUTTTTT

She literally learned EVERYTHING except the skills I need!!! DFSJFSDKLFALFDSA. Skills left unlearned are: Instant Accel, Instant Accel S, Sideways S, Drift, and Two Seater (LOL).

I have a nightmare relationship with skill change coupons, and I'm not about to throw $50 down the drain to get a few skills MAYBE. I was thinking about deleting skills so the only option when I change the skills would be the "good" skills I wanted, but I'm not sure how to go about that. I've never used skill deletion before. 

If anyone could explain, or give suggestions of what they would do in my place, it would be sooooo much appreciated. Thank youuuu!!

Unfortunately the 15 skills learned by a T8 is that trouble point. Kinda like playing BlackJack and you have a 16 while the dealer is showing a 7. A hit can burn you, but it can also pay off.

Personally, I wouldn't make any decisions until it hits 30. Your horse may learn 1 or 2 more skills, or it may not learn anything new. Skill Deletion coupons would be the worst option. You'll want Skill Change coupons. A Skill Change will replace the skill you deleted with one of the unlearned skills, whereas the Skill Deletion will only delete the skill, and if the horse learns a skill over the next couple of levels, then there's a better than good chance it'll re-learn the skill you deleted. Wait until the horse is 30, then decide from there whether you want to play the Skill Change coupon game. Best case scenario, your horse learns 2 more skills, and that'll put you at 17 total skills with only 2 or 3 unlearned skills (19 total skills if a purebred because they don't get 2 seater, or 20 total skills if not a pure-breed.), which increases the chances of a skill change coupon getting you what you need. Worst case, the horse learns no new skills, and you might have to spend more in Skill Change coupons to get what you want. Either way, you won't spend any more in coupons than if you started now, and the chances of spending less are significant enough that it's likely to pay off.

For example... you Skill Change the Forechop skill now and get a skill you need, next level up  your horse learns Forechop again, swap it out and get another needed skill, then at 30 the horse learns Forechop again, swap it out. That's 3 skill change coupons you just spent (all this assuming you get the skills you want). However, if you wait until it hits 30, the horse learns at least one more skill you need, then you spend a skill to replace Forechop with a much needed skill, you may get away with 1 or 2 skill change coupons. Of course there's the random chance that you'll play the replace forechop with a crap skill, back and forth. But that can happen too if you start at level 28 too. Remove the total number of unlearned skills though, and your chances are much better.

In a nutshell, there's zero downside (with plenty of upside) to waiting until 30. Whereas playing the Skill Change game before level 30 can really screw you.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

@KimKim Page one, question ten of the FAQ.  Saves me time from writing an answer to you. ;)

Ops I thought I read that all through. Thanks :))

Unfortunately the 15 skills learned by a T8 is that trouble point. Kinda like playing BlackJack and you have a 16 while the dealer is showing a 7. A hit can burn you, but it can also pay off.

Personally, I wouldn't make any decisions until it hits 30. Your horse may learn 1 or 2 more skills, or it may not learn anything new. Skill Deletion coupons would be the worst option. You'll want Skill Change coupons. A Skill Change will replace the skill you deleted with one of the unlearned skills, whereas the Skill Deletion will only delete the skill, and if the horse learns a skill over the next couple of levels, then there's a better than good chance it'll re-learn the skill you deleted. Wait until the horse is 30, then decide from there whether you want to play the Skill Change coupon game. Best case scenario, your horse learns 2 more skills, and that'll put you at 17 total skills with only 2 or 3 unlearned skills (19 total skills if a purebred because they don't get 2 seater, or 20 total skills if not a pure-breed.), which increases the chances of a skill change coupon getting you what you need. Worst case, the horse learns no new skills, and you might have to spend more in Skill Change coupons to get what you want. Either way, you won't spend any more in coupons than if you started now, and the chances of spending less are significant enough that it's likely to pay off.

For example... you Skill Change the Forechop skill now and get a skill you need, next level up  your horse learns Forechop again, swap it out and get another needed skill, then at 30 the horse learns Forechop again, swap it out. That's 3 skill change coupons you just spent (all this assuming you get the skills you want). However, if you wait until it hits 30, the horse learns at least one more skill you need, then you spend a skill to replace Forechop with a much needed skill, you may get away with 1 or 2 skill change coupons. Of course there's the random chance that you'll play the replace forechop with a crap skill, back and forth. But that can happen too if you start at level 28 too. Remove the total number of unlearned skills though, and your chances are much better.

In a nutshell, there's zero downside (with plenty of upside) to waiting until 30. Whereas playing the Skill Change game before level 30 can really screw you.

I see, I'll loop her overnight and see what I get. Thank you so much! Hopefully she'll come around and smarten up >:( 

Posted (edited)

Congratulations, but sorry to hear about your boyfriend's luck.

Have you suggested that he try lower Tiers for T7s?  I find it much less frustrating, in case he wants to replenish his stock...  Of course it doesn't help getting T8s but for the T7s I find it works a lot better.

The thing that's got him is he's been training horses as long as I have. Maybe a little less because he fishes a lot when at work, but he and I both started around the same time. He's spent a lot of time and money on resets and whatnot with nothing to show for it, so understandably he's not even feeling much like bothering with horses anymore period. I'd give him one of my T8's, or even some of my T7's, but you can't trade horses person to person and I don't trust even trying to have him grab one on a quick go when I put it up, and we are sitting right next to eachother..

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted (edited)

My opinion is that since you only have 2 levels to go, one of the skills you don't have is one of the hardest skills to get automatically (S. Sideways), you should swap out Caution first, which will net you a good skill no matter what.  Then swap out Fore Chop, which will likely get you Caution back, or if you get lucky another good skill back.  Either way, you should stop there, then level again and see what happens at 29.

Idea is that swapping Caution gets you 1 good skill.  Swapping Fore Chop will either get you another good skill, or you get Caution back.  But that's ok because Fore Chop is believed by the breeding community to be the most learned skill.  So you are hoping for the horse to learn either a good skill at 29, or learn Fore Chop, in which case you would swap Fore chop out again for another good skill.  Then level to 30 again, and see.

That's just my suggestion anyway, good luck!  Know that RNG is RNG, nothing is for sure.  The idea to this method is that for a T8 horse, I always skills change when I'm guaranteed a good skill.  This is why I recommended swapping out Caution.  The gambling part is the second swap, which is to swap Fore Chop to either hope for another good skill (hitting jackpot), or get Caution back.  The end goal for lvl 28 (if this was my T8) is to leave Fore Chop be the skill unlearned.  Again this is because Fore Chop is believed to be the most learned skill, so hopefully the horse learns it back again at 29/30, enabling me another guaranteed good skill swap.

As for why not just swap Fore Chop in the first place, it's because this method gives you a chance at having 2 good skills at lvl 28, while leaving the ideal skill unlearned in the end (Fore Chop).  Of course you could just let nature take its course.  But as rare as T8's are to get these days, I wouldn't risk it if it was my horse.  Also the fact that as-is you know you'll be spending money on skills change coupons later, because you're missing 3 courser skills and a highly sought after two-seater, and you only have 2 levels to go.

Edited by Gavyne
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have a T8C male that currently has 16 skills. I am trying to get him to courser status. He currently has learned every skill except Sideways Move, S: Back Kick, and S: Sideways Move. My question is do I go for appearance coupons and hope he learns a new skill or do I the coupon game? If the coupon way what skill would you suggest I change in what order? Wanna try my best not to toggle back and fourth between caution.

Edited by Kefka911

Posted

I have a T8C male that currently has 16 skills. I am trying to get him to courser status. He currently has learned every skill except Sideways Move, S: Back Kick, and S: Sideways Move. My question is do I go for appearance coupons and hope he learns a new skill or do I the coupon game? If the coupon way what skill would you suggest I change in what order? Wanna try my best not to toggle back and fourth between caution.

What lvl is he? ie do u have time to see if u learn s.back kick naturally and save some headache.

Posted

My opinion is that since you only have 2 levels to go, one of the skills you don't have is one of the hardest skills to get automatically (S. Sideways), you should swap out Caution first, which will net you a good skill no matter what.  Then swap out Fore Chop, which will likely get you Caution back, or if you get lucky another good skill back.  Either way, you should stop there, then level again and see what happens at 29.

Idea is that swapping Caution gets you 1 good skill.  Swapping Fore Chop will either get you another good skill, or you get Caution back.  But that's ok because Fore Chop is believed by the breeding community to be the most learned skill.  So you are hoping for the horse to learn either a good skill at 29, or learn Fore Chop, in which case you would swap Fore chop out again for another good skill.  Then level to 30 again, and see.

That's just my suggestion anyway, good luck!  Know that RNG is RNG, nothing is for sure.  The idea to this method is that for a T8 horse, I always skills change when I'm guaranteed a good skill.  This is why I recommended swapping out Caution.  The gambling part is the second swap, which is to swap Fore Chop to either hope for another good skill (hitting jackpot), or get Caution back.  The end goal for lvl 28 (if this was my T8) is to leave Fore Chop be the skill unlearned.  Again this is because Fore Chop is believed to be the most learned skill, so hopefully the horse learns it back again at 29/30, enabling me another guaranteed good skill swap.

As for why not just swap Fore Chop in the first place, it's because this method gives you a chance at having 2 good skills at lvl 28, while leaving the ideal skill unlearned in the end (Fore Chop).  Of course you could just let nature take its course.  But as rare as T8's are to get these days, I wouldn't risk it if it was my horse.  Also the fact that as-is you know you'll be spending money on skills change coupons later, because you're missing 3 courser skills and a highly sought after two-seater, and you only have 2 levels to go.

This is exactly what I do.  

Posted

My two T7 30's bred for another T7.. was really hoping for a T8 tonight.. :(

breed.JPG

Posted

My horse is lvl 30. Forgot to mention that in my question post.

Posted (edited)

Bred my first t8! A T8B male, trying to decide on a name at the moment.  I'm incredibly ecstatic as I have been saving my lvl 30 t7s for a while and lost my patience and decided to breed instead of holding out for a multiplier increase.

jAQMt7c.jpg

What happened to the horse discord? I'd love another invite... I verified when everything got reset and have been absent for a few days and I came back today and it seems to be missing from my discord list :(

Edited by Ingwer
8 people like this

Posted

Latest breed results: I guess I have to level tier 8's now that I have an entire cart full, this will be my last breed till they get leveled.

Male tier 7 level 30 78SK5XU.thumb.png.f17cbd8ae1f4b5ab64a28a with female tier 7 level 30jB2lpjw.thumb.png.ae3239d3f76f5710cb8101 gave tier 6 female iP8SvQq.thumb.png.c213e7ecf6066d66a9b7c9

Same male78SK5XU.thumb.png.f17cbd8ae1f4b5ab64a28a with female tier 7 level 30 jB2lpjw.thumb.png.ae3239d3f76f5710cb8101 gave tier 7 male PcMCPfY.thumb.png.cb3cdef4ab7eef8818a74b

Exchange 78SK5XU.thumb.png.f17cbd8ae1f4b5ab64a28ajB2lpjw.thumb.png.ae3239d3f76f5710cb8101 gave tier 8 female 167.thumb.png.0017eeb05c9778abd388f74b1f I have 3 of these now total of 6 tier 8's. :)

6 people like this

Posted

You're going to have to play the RNG game no matter what, since you need 2 out of the 3 skills unlearned, and they happen to include the dreaded S Sideways Move which is always very hard to get.  

I would swap out S Front Kick first, and hope you get Sideways Move or S Sideways Move.  Then Caution, and hope RNG favors you.  Chances are you'll have to RNG dance.

Latest breed results: I guess I have to level tier 8's now that I have an entire cart full, this will be my last breed till they get leveled.

Male tier 7 level 30 78SK5XU.thumb.png.f17cbd8ae1f4b5ab64a28a with female tier 7 level 30jB2lpjw.thumb.png.ae3239d3f76f5710cb8101 gave tier 6 female iP8SvQq.thumb.png.c213e7ecf6066d66a9b7c9

Same male78SK5XU.thumb.png.f17cbd8ae1f4b5ab64a28a with female tier 7 level 30 jB2lpjw.thumb.png.ae3239d3f76f5710cb8101 gave tier 7 male PcMCPfY.thumb.png.cb3cdef4ab7eef8818a74b

Exchange 78SK5XU.thumb.png.f17cbd8ae1f4b5ab64a28ajB2lpjw.thumb.png.ae3239d3f76f5710cb8101 gave tier 8 female 167.thumb.png.0017eeb05c9778abd388f74b1f I have 3 of these now total of 6 tier 8's. :)

Congrats!  Seeing a trend that people are getting T8's off of exchanges.  I just can't toss mounts through exchanges yet, at least not when I have characters to gear up.  Probably why I'm not getting as many T8's lately :D

Posted

lvl 22/23 T6 give me alot of T7 so İ hope even higher is better. Although i'm still pretty sure higher levels are rigged and actually give less chance. T7xT7 gives all T6 but T6xT6 at lvl 22/23 gives me alot of T7's. Each his own luck İ guess :P

Thanks will try lvl 22/23 for next pair my luck has been terrible so far - stables full with T6 horses and no T8 

Posted (edited)

Husband bought me some barding for my wagon since it was 20% off :) I cant have a hell horse yet so why not make the wagon look like its maybe from hell.

2017-03-12_212710523.thumb.JPG.19e87093f

All my new tier 8's connected progress so far on them

167.thumb.png.b45730b656cd381ebe9cab15c4 3 of these

1. 7@12 so far only good one is S Sideways move

2. 7@12 no good skills at all

3.2@2 too early : )

This guy :) maybe he will be like my main tier 8, same breed, crosses fingers.

JZW3wUo.thumb.png.262e0173c8e6fc171abaad  10@12 abilities so far with Sideways move, Insta Accel being only good ones.

Edited by Tabri
No coffee yet too early :)
3 people like this

Posted

Blargh.  Bit the bullet and did a breed/exchange.  What a waste.

7H.pngMale, level 30 T7 breeding x 6J.pngfemale, level 30 T6 = 6B.pngFemale T6

7H.png Male, level 30 T7 breeding x 6G.pngfemale, level 30 T6 = 6P.pngFemale T6

And the exchange of 7H.pngand 6G.pnggave me6T.pngFemale T6

Now I have more females than I can breed to males.  Thanks a lot RNSixes!  :(

Posted

*passes Kleenex box to Starrberry.  Thank you for posting that, I was tempted to try some breeding today and that was like a bucket of cold water on my head.....ouch, that T6F curse is alive and well......

1 person likes this

Posted

Pfft! 

bdoRecentResults.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Breeding has been okay so far I guess.  Two t8s, 1 t7, and 2 t6s.

Posted

Today's Breeding Results -

Male T7A (30) with Female T6M (27) Gave Male T6U =/ with Hind Kick =(

Male T5N (30) with Female T3F (30) Gave Male T6J 6J.pngwith Roar

Hoping for some females otherwise I am going to be in for a long bit of training to train up wild Tier 5 Females if I get lucky enough to find them.

Posted

Managed to get S: Sideways on my T8E Valegro with one coupon! RNG knows I cant afford many xD

But now he only needs sideways lol

2 people like this

Posted

Managed to get S: Sideways on my T8E Valegro with one coupon! RNG knows I cant afford many xD

Trying to recall... how many total skills is Valegro missing?

Posted (edited)

Trying to recall... how many total skills is Valegro missing?

Sorry he has 14/19 skills total - he was only missing sideways & special sideways to become a corser ^^

EDIT: Cant get rid of the image D:

2017-03-09_262517972.JPG

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

Congrats! 

But he's just so... green lol.