• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Cant get rid of the image D:

Yeah, the forum software is jacked when it comes to attachments sometimes. Occasionally it'll carry over an attachment from a previous post. Only way I've found to fix it, is to edit the post. Then don't delete the attachment, but delete the placement of it in the body of the post. And even then that only works some of the time.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

I'm probably jinxing myself for doing this but my T8A knows 18 skills at lvl 26. I used about 10-11 coupons during leveling to swap out FC and HC everytime. he's only missing caution and FC at the moment. I hope I get to learn the last 2 on the remaining 4 levels.

good boy!!!

Chopper lvl 26.png

4 people like this

Posted

I'm probably jinxing myself for doing this but my T8A knows 18 skills at lvl 26. I used about 10-11 coupons during leveling to swap out FC and HC everytime. he's only missing caution and FC at the moment. I hope I get to learn the last 2 on the remaining 4 levels.

good boy!!!

Chopper lvl 26.png

Don't think you can really jinx that genius, congrats.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oddest thing just happened to me.  I'm at the Trent spawn, and a wild T3, the olive one, ran up to me, stood still and let me mount it......anyone else had that happen?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Incidentally... is anybody still tracking coats and likelihood of learning skills? This morning's breeding results gave me a T6L 6L.png and I've always had that particular coat be abnormally smart (I've always named horses with that coat CookiesnCream). Not to insinuate that coats usually have an influence, but I've had 3 T6L's in the past that were all crazy smart. Might be RNG, probably. But I seem to remember somebody in the old mega-thread tracking coats and skills learned, so didn't know if somebody wanted my data on it.

Oddest thing just happened to me.  I'm at the Trent spawn, and a wild T3, the olive one, ran up to me, stood still and let me mount it......anyone else had that happen?

Zoinks! That is just really odd. Was it indeed wild? With what you and I saw in game earlier with people getting attacked by other players after taming, maybe the person that tamed it got killed, and you were able to mount it? Doesn't sound like it's within the game mechanics, but I can't think of another reason. That being said, I've seen something else today that was boggling. I received an in game mail, stating that an item that I know I've never owned was just sold on the MP (can't recall exactly the item name, but it was something I'd never had before). I went to the MP, and low and behold I had a cool 5 mil item sold ready for money collection (and that was what was listed as being my cut, I assume I got a few bones more since I have value pack active). And boom, money in my bank. I had a momentary moral dilemma in reporting the error, but I conveniently forgot to act on it (don't judge).

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Love at first sight?

1 person likes this

Posted

...it was a level 2 forechop horse...it got sold to the NPC.....9_9   I never look a gift horse in the mouth, however...

Posted (edited)

I never look a gift horse in the mouth

Literally... how often can you claim a cliche becoming reality? O.o I'd almost be compelled to run out and buy a lottery ticket!

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

You are now officially the horse master

3 people like this

Posted

You are now officially the horse master whisperer.

:D

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I wanted to give a quick update on my T8E (pure white) female that I branded at level 5. She is up to 17 skills now at level 28. At this point she pretty much has everything I want. I don't want caution or forechop+s.front-kick.  She made a remarkable comeback after starting with just 5 skills at level 10.

I've leveled her almost entirely on a wagon with three black T6's that I'm hoping will give me a black T7 female to breed.

T8E-skills.JPG

Edited by Thorin
Added lvl 28

Posted

Hey guys :) First time posting on the forum after ages of lurking haha. I'm a little new to the breeding scene but I just had these breedings over the past few days.

Level 30 male 7D x Level 30 female 6U = male 8B 

Level 30 male 7D  x Level 30 female 6A = female 6F (same male, just used a skill change to make him a courser) 

Level 30 male 7D x Level 30 female 6L = male 8B 

I got my first two tier 8's from this male tier 7, so hopefully he gets one more nice foal from his last breed. :x The first tier 8 is doing pretty well with 11 skills at level 13 so hopefully he stays at that pace! The second tier 8, not so much - 1 skill at level 6 but honestly it's a bit early to make assumptions. 

Quick question though - I know if you breed two coursers you get a foal with two skills, but does breeding two coursers increase your chances of having a foal with a higher tier? 

3 people like this

Posted

Hey guys :) First time posting on the forum after ages of lurking haha. I'm a little new to the breeding scene but I just had these breedings over the past few days.

Level 30 male 7D  x Level 30 female 6A = female 6F (same male, just used a skill change to make him a courser) 

I got my first two tier 8's from this male tier 7, so hopefully he gets one more nice foal from his last breed. :x The first tier 8 is doing pretty well with 11 skills at level 13 so hopefully he stays at that pace! The second tier 8, not so much - 1 skill at level 6 but honestly it's a bit early to make assumptions. 

Quick question though - I know if you breed two coursers you get a foal with two skills, but does breeding two coursers increase your chances of having a foal with a higher tier? 

Congrats.

As for your question, it should, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Posted (edited)

Congrats on your two T8's!

Unfortunately, the courser system doesn't increase the chances of the Tier of your foal. The courser system only guarantees 2 starting skills for the foal (if both parents were coursers), or increases the chance of 2 starting skills to a 50/50 shot (if only one parent is a courser). Breeding two coursers doesn't increase the chance of a higher tier foal. Wish that would be the case... but nope.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Thanks guys ^_^

Aww that's a shame. Even if it was just a small increase in chance, I feel like it'd encourage more players to have faith in breeding. It seems like a lot of breeders have lost hope in the system. 

Posted

Thanks guys ^_^

Aww that's a shame. Even if it was just a small increase in chance, I feel like it'd encourage more players to have faith in breeding. It seems like a lot of breeders have lost hope in the system. 

Yup Courser breeding should increase breed rate, and the training skill should play in part to increase your horse's ability to learn good skills while leveling up.  Because right now Training as a profession is quite useless and does nothing to help breeding and skills learning (two important things when it comes to horses).

Posted

You hadn't tamed a horse that you forgot about had you?

Posted

Put my T7J to work over the past few days, my stable is kind of a sausage fest but I got my first T8. :D
I reset him so he has one more breed to go, may reset the T6J and go again then exchange them later this week. I'm working on leveling some wild caught black T5s in hopes of breeding some more T6+ mares. 

lv29155.png+  lv29 T6 female117.png= T7 male 155.png

same male + lv27 T5 female 83.png= T7 male 154.png

same male + lv29 T6 female114.png= T8 male 168.png

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

So was hoping for a pure-white T7 or T8, but it gave me J's instead... is this meant to be a joke, RNG!?

T7D (30) 8b4665ff9fdca874358358f88c60b6e9.jpg?ref  + T6D (27) 32442ae245550b34355e46770db89f18.jpg?ref  =  T7J (male) 5535a8c9f1146e80977583099e460476.jpg?ref  and  T6J (female) 502d649a1c2b0b724305bf026ae094d4.jpg?ref

Any tips on how to cut/paste a google-spreadsheet set of cells properly into this is extremely welcome! T_T

Looks like it auto-formatted the alignment so it doesn't look so bad, but any tips still appreciated!

Trying to decide whether to exchange them for one more chance. The T7D has 2seater, so it'd be a shame to glue him, really...

If there's an image below this line, please disregard, omg it's bugging me...

2017-03-11_654257003.JPG

Edited by jazzycat
replicating image bug

Posted (edited)

You hadn't tamed a horse that you forgot about had you?

You might be right actually....thinking about it I had been leveling a t7 and previously had stopped near Serendia Shrine for kzarka.  I did tame a horse there and forgot all about it. LOL!!!!  Poor thing was following me all over the mapt.  My bad!  :$

Edited by Ramblinrose
10 people like this

Posted

You might be right actually....thinking about it I had been leveling a t7 and previously had stopped near Serendia Shrine for kzarka.  I did tame a horse there and forgot all about it. LOL!!!!  Poor thing was following me all over the mapt.  My bad!  :$

And to think you just sold it like it was nothing...

1 person likes this

Posted

Such loyalty :D

1 person likes this

Posted

This is what I was looking at just as the servers locked up. : )

blonde.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

Incidentally... is anybody still tracking coats and likelihood of learning skills? This morning's breeding results gave me a T6L 6L.png and I've always had that particular coat be abnormally smart (I've always named horses with that coat CookiesnCream). Not to insinuate that coats usually have an influence, but I've had 3 T6L's in the past that were all crazy smart. Might be RNG, probably. But I seem to remember somebody in the old mega-thread tracking coats and skills learned, so didn't know if somebody wanted my data on it.

I had those 4 times so far. 1st was potato,  but other three always were pretty talented. Currently I have 2 of them and ride one to lvl up him faster and at lvl 24 he is a courser and has 12 skills (which is pretty good for T6. I think not to glue him and use instead with one of my alts since I really like black-white horse skins in this game). Another one I have right now is lvl 6 and she already learned Charge and Drift. So, who knows...

Posted

If any of you lovely people are reading this need any male horses, I will sell 4x Male tier 7's tomorrow all with breeding attempts and 0 deaths tomorrow at 14:30 CEST on EU.

09db7755e8c41c6a39632d865c5a4076.png

Good luck :)

1 person likes this