• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

@CM_Aethon Well I used the game launcher account email and password, changed my name to RamblingRose so it would accept the user name, got in to the beta and went to post the FAQ and got this:  (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)  HALP!   Also, would it be possible to have a few subforums in our subforum?  So we can sorta be organized?

Been a couple of hours since original post and now I am able to.  Unfortunately you are limited to 10000 characters per post and the FAQ exceeds that so cannot copy paste.  No spoilers either.

@Xestia  Check the first post on this thread for the FAQ which will catch up up.

We're looking into the account issues some folks experienced on the beta forums here just recently and have a fairly solid lead on what may have caused it, as for the character limit I will check the settings for that and see what tweaks we can do regarding the limits.

That is one heck of a big FAQ! :)

3 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon Heya, whilst you're here, would you be able to confirm whether horse costumes actually increase the chance of learning a horse skill?

Posted

@CM_Aethon Heya, whilst you're here, would you be able to confirm whether horse costumes actually increase the chance of learning a horse skill?

I will double check, but typically items state such benefits (even if potentially vague), if it does not, then it is not likely to provide that bonus.

Posted (edited)

It is 100% cause it is a Courser the one on the market, that yours have more skills doesn't matter, Coursers need the right skills, as long as the horse is level 30 and has sprint, drift, instant accel, charge, sideways, S:instant, S:sideways it will be at 39m. 32m if it doesn't have all of them. :)
It wont be 39m unless it has all 7.

Had the same thing this morning, but I think they have removed it for now. There's not been a post at all since this morning, so it's not only us. They will probably come back soon, don't understand why they would share the forum with us just to revoke it right away.

Edit: Nevermind, others can post, I am just not allowed to anymore ;(

Wee :D I just got my new computer, I haven't played that much BDO since. http://i.imgur.com/owqmiMM.jpg  This is what I've been doing with my time.
So much fun with new things.
Sorry to hear about your black, he might still turn around though, 5 levels to go, seen it happen. If you get 15 skills on a pure it's pretty nice. Do you do the reroll trick?

I told the others, I screenshoted their reply and sent it in your inbox. <3

I didn't use skill coupons, wanted to wait till 30. Maybe I should have done it during leveling, but somehow I doubted he would have kept learning. I still have one male, my 3rd T8, to level up, but maybe I'm not meant to have T9 anytime in this century :D

Edit: didn't get any messages in inbox :(

Edited by Ratnica

Posted

We're looking into the account issues some folks experienced on the beta forums here just recently and have a fairly solid lead on what may have caused it, as for the character limit I will check the settings for that and see what tweaks we can do regarding the limits.

It is entirely appropriate for the size of that mega thread.  :P  I did try to copy paste it and use the spoiler tab on the beta (someone found that for me) but it still didn't work. Thanks for all you do!

Posted

Is it helpfull for the support if everyone with missing write rights is opening a ticket or should we just wait?

Posted

Ok....what the frick...

Just finished leveling a T7 Male to 30 (White Thoroughbred)...11 skills total. With gear and outfit, almost 160% speed. He is fast as fk but dumb as rocks.

Now on to my second T7 Male, T7G, currently sitting at level 9 with 2 skills learned.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is going on????? 

Posted

Ok....what the frick...

Just finished leveling a T7 Male to 30 (White Thoroughbred)...11 skills total. With gear and outfit, almost 160% speed. He is fast as fk but dumb as rocks.

Now on to my second T7 Male, T7G, currently sitting at level 9 with 2 skills learned.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is going on????? 

RNG my friend. RNG.

Skills learned each level are RNG. The amount of each stat's increased every level are RNG as well. If your T7B (only T7 with any shot at getting even close to 160% speed) actually got close to 160%, then you had some superb RNG luck getting it there (that'd be nearly a full 1% every level up... rare for that to happen). However stat increases and skill learning are in no way tied to each other. They're both dependent upon separate RNG chances.

1 person likes this

Posted

So I guess people are busy discussing other things, but is there no one that knows if a male death is less important than a female death is an intended feature in the calculator (somethinglovely)? If so, how come?

Posted

pearl gifting for a T6 horse.. WTF?!

well as long as it´s successfull... 9_9

Maybe a dumb question, but I have found no info about this. My fiance has been wroking on horse training like a mad person, Got herself 2 different horse outfits, They dont show up when they are both on a cart, I do believe I have seen a few things saying thats a known issue, The question from there is Do both of the horses still get the higher chance for skills while on a cart?

No, the horse costume bonuses are effective only when solo riding the horse, not when the horse is hooked to a cart.

Outfits don't give you higher chances for skills, they just improve the rate at which the horse gains levels.

You should get a 4-horse cart. 2-horse carts don't really improve the aggregate leveling rate.

can we just agree that costumes don´t do crap and is fake news, just like branding?
*looks at T8D, having 10 skills at Level 28, wearing costume the entire time*

Posted

I hope it works out, I did post as an aside in a post I made but I can't find it now but definitely was just last week.  Yeah my screenshot is dated the 8th.  Good luck!

The SomethingLovely calc puts that at a 52% chance for a T2 female so it sounds like a good bet, just gotta hope for the right skin. Anything 10 and under should get you one!

Like I said: it was a try. Just wanted to show you that you also can use T3 lvl1 for T2D trys when you mate them with the beginners horse.

Thank you both, I'm working on these kind of combos now. At least it's a change from the constant hunt of low level T1 females as I was doing before.

Posted

well as long as it´s successfull... 9_9

can we just agree that costumes don´t do crap and is fake news, just like branding?*looks at T8D, having 10 skills at Level 28, wearing costume the entire time*

While I believe that the "increased chance" rate is likely ridiculously small (like a 0.1% increased chance), for all you know your T8D might have had only 9 skills at level 28 if it hadn't had the costume on.

Posted

So I guess people are busy discussing other things, but is there no one that knows if a male death is less important than a female death is an intended feature in the calculator (somethinglovely)? If so, how come?

The only person who can answer that is Famme, the player who made that calculator.  I hadn't noticed the effect you described but checked and you are right.  Might be a just an error.  Can someone direct Leverie how to bring that question to his attention? TIA

Posted

While I believe that the "increased chance" rate is likely ridiculously small (like a 0.1% increased chance), for all you know your T8D might have had only 9 skills at level 28 if it hadn't had the costume on.

could´ve also had 13 in case the costume fiddles with the % in a weird way. all i´m seing is a super bad T8 despite costume, so -> costume doesn´t work. Same for the branding stone. And no, obviously I tried and observed this with many other horses. Yes, the chance could be 0.1% but can we agree that this would be even worse than simply not-functioning? These two items do not work and i´ll discourage everybody and everything from getting it whenever this topic is brought up x)

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok messed up the quote somehow lol. In any case for the costume my first reason to by it for my horse was because I loved the look. I would recommend that is the first priority when buying a costume and anything else it does for your horse is simply a bonus. Like the stamina boost etc. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Apologies if this has been covered.. 

What's everyone tick / seconds till tick time? I'm getting around 780 EXP / 10 seconds. Is this considered high?

Does the Trainer's clothes still give more EXP than silver embroided?

Edited by Xestia

Posted

could´ve also had 13 in case the costume fiddles with the % in a weird way. all i´m seing is a super bad T8 despite costume, so -> costume doesn´t work. Same for the branding stone. And no, obviously I tried and observed this with many other horses. Yes, the chance could be 0.1% but can we agree that this would be even worse than simply not-functioning? These two items do not work and i´ll discourage everybody and everything from getting it whenever this topic is brought up x)

I'm not trying to encourage anyone to buy either the horse costume or the branding stone.  I agree with you in that they're simply not worth it because whatever increased chance they provide is so minuscule as to be laughable and possibly borderline fraud by the company.  But all they are is an increased chance, not a guarantee.  It's gambling same as everything in this game.

Ok messed up the quote somehow lol. In any case for the costume my first reason to by it for my horse was because I loved the look. I would recommend that is the first priority when buying a costume and anything else it does for your horse is simply a bonus. Like the stamina boost etc. 

I almost got the Lahr Arcien horse set because I really liked the way it looked ... except for the skulls.  The skulls completely ruined it for me.  That and the pirate furniture set.  Stupid skulls!  =p

Posted

Is it helpfull for the support if everyone with missing write rights is opening a ticket or should we just wait?

Yes please, we'll make sure you guys are able to post there, and most importantly you have a good amount of time to still communicate here as we finish making adjustments during the beta phase.

Posted

Horse outfits (pearl gear for horses) do give an increased chance of learning a skill on level up - supposedly.  That's what the tooltip says at least.  They don't say how much of an increased chance of course.

Ah I thought the topic was about trainer outfits but you're right it specifically mentioned horse outfits. My bad.

Posted

I didn't use skill coupons, wanted to wait till 30. Maybe I should have done it during leveling, but somehow I doubted he would have kept learning. I still have one male, my 3rd T8, to level up, but maybe I'm not meant to have T9 anytime in this century :D

Edit: didn't get any messages in inbox :(

Yeah if it's a horse you intend on keeping I for sure would use rerolls while it levels up to make sure it gets at least 15 skills.
Don't thin anyone is meant to get a T9 anytime this century though. :D The mats are just wow.

Sent the message again. :o It even said "message sent" when I sent the first one.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes please, we'll make sure you guys are able to post there, and most importantly you have a good amount of time to still communicate here as we finish making adjustments during the beta phase.

Thank you for giving us plenty of time to still communicate on this forum - I did raise a ticket yesterday which the lovely and super helpful @GM_Horizon tried to help me with today - with such a speedy response. Although another bug I had today. My password had changed on the launcher to my forum password.. O.o something has gone amiss with the new forum for me xD

Posted

I  wish they were forced to show actual percentages on things in pearl shop xD I hate being sold "rabbit in bag"
Its basicaly a bait *sigh* well so far I got 2 horse gear sets becouse I simply like the look
But I am never buying branding stone again >_> these pearls would have been better spent on skill resets...

Posted

But all they are is an increased chance, not a guarantee. 

An "increased" chance that isn´t showing any increase is broken in my books : D sure i get your point but for me it´s: doesn´t work, over and out.

I  wish they were forced to show actual percentages on things in pearl shop xD I hate being sold "rabbit in bag"

actually i´m pretty sure they´re not but nobody decided to snitch them seriously. at least in germany i can see them getting problems with this.

Posted (edited)

Box number 24! T7C Male :D

2017-03-16_797678948.JPG

Edited by Aastrid
1 person likes this

Posted

Small update about circles and experience.

Distance for experience tick = 130 (Not sure if the in-game navigation tool measures in feet or meters, but it is whatever UI element that measures distance to destination)

The minimum tick distance is something I still need to work on. I utilized a tree for my findings, with it as the focal point, and was able to get a tick of experience when circling around it at a distance of 60, but it seems to stop going after a while, so there may be some form of redundant check in place to prevent abuse.

As it stands, even the lowest turning ability at maximum speed seems to be too much, resulting in a circle around 20 distance in diameter. Will report back later with more results.