• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys!
I've been back in the game for about three weeks.. and I'm hooked again..
But its starting to be a bit boring to always play on my own so I'm wondering, is there such a thing as a "horse breeders guild" on the EU server:'D? Or you know, any life skill guild with a lot of other horse fanatics would also be nice. I've tried to join some guilds, but haven't really found one where I feel like I belong, since I usually spend my game time taming horses, training horse skills, trading, racing or just riding around on my horses. If there is such a thing, feel free to whisper Xelene in-game or just reply here:)

Anyways, great to be back and awesome that you restarted the thread!

Hey I'm a GM of a PvE/Lifeskills Guild on EU - you can look us up on the Guild Ranking were called ExplorersGuild ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone want to take any bets on how far we'll get in this thread before they finally come through with our own subforums?

CM_Aethon has given us an answer:

http://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/horse-training-sub-forum.29/#post-141

To shed a little light on this, we've been considering implementing something of this nature on our current forums, as you can likely imagine these processes are tricky to do in a live environment with out potentially causing confusion or issues. We hear ya, and I eluded to the potential for such a change to be incoming in the previous megathread for this exact reason. With the soft launch of the beta forums here, I'd say there is a good chance we'll be introducing such a subsection, I know you've all been waiting for some time now, but hang tight just a bit longer and I'll do my best to get that set up for ya.

2 people like this

Posted

Just captured a T5M, to sell on Market at level 1 his cost is 5.5m silver

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok, I will ask it.  All you horse breeders.  Do you think there are only about 170 T8 horses in the entire game including EU and NA?  What do you think about the horse numbers?  I figure here would be the place to ask.

Posted

Ok, I will ask it.  All you horse breeders.  Do you think there are only about 170 T8 horses in the entire game including EU and NA?  What do you think about the horse numbers?  I figure here would be the place to ask.

Well, since we are all of a hive mind and all think the same... as a drone in the service to the horse queen I'll answer.

We think it might be all live T8s.  And we also think it might be wrong.  And we also think it could be all T8s just at the time of the survey.

(Yes, I'm just poking a bit of fun.  :)

2 people like this

Posted

Ok Thunder the famous T8 Potato turned level 28 and no new skills leaving him at 10... and now hes stored away xD:(

Posted

Ok Thunder the famous T8 Potato turned level 28 and no new skills leaving him at 10... and now hes stored away xD:(

I think that horse at least deserves to be renamed as Fennel Jr lol

1 person likes this

Posted

I think that horse at least deserves to be renamed as Fennel Jr lol

Hmmm only costs 1,000 loaylties.... xD

Posted

Numbers are definitely wrong, by rough counts on the forum and how many T8's I see ingame during boss fights, there are more than what they listed.  But like most everything in BDO, nothing can be confirmed nor denied.

Posted

Was talking to a friend about this.  Possibly that number refers to game accounts, not actual number of T8s.  So 84 accounts have T8s, and if they are horse breeders, they probably have multiple T8s .....that might make the number shown more plausible..  But as Gavyne says "nothing can be comfimed or denied"

Posted

I personally think there is more the 170, only i have 4 so far,  my hubby 1, must be more... :$

Posted

So, who's going to be the first to test if they changed the breeding rate? 

Ways to prove it:

IF we get a T8 with two T6 level 30

IF we get a T7 with two T3 level 30

Any of that would mean we reached breeding rate 12.

http://bdo.horse/?page_id=110 

I guess an easier way to test if they changed the breeding rate without wasting lvl30 horses would be to breed 2 lvl10 T1s (or any other lower level tiers were there is a difference in foals when the breeding rate is modified).

When breeding 2 lvl10 T1s at breeding level 11 the best outcome would be a T3M while at breeding level 12+ it is a T3M (if I understood correctly the results from the horse calculator you posted on your message above)

Posted (edited)

I guess an easier way to test if they changed the breeding rate without wasting lvl30 horses would be to breed 2 lvl10 T1s (or any other lower level tiers were there is a difference in foals when the breeding rate is modified).

When breeding 2 lvl10 T1s at breeding level 11 the best outcome would be a T3M while at breeding level 12+ it is a T3M (if I understood correctly the results from the horse calculator you posted on your message above)

I checked and I only have level 30 T6 females..so I can't use them..but I did quite extensive breeding at the level 15 mark with T3s and have all my data.  I could level a couple more T3s to 15 and check if things have changed, because it was very consistent that it was T4s.

Let me know here if you want me to do this...

Edited by Shaynae

Posted

Wow. Just updated and logged on, checked the horse market, 42 pages !!

And a ton of females. Mostly t3's, I assume all the t4's and t5's are getting bought up. Didn't expect the t4/t5 being added to the wild to have such a huge impact on the market.

Posted

Hummm since maintenance my game didnt freeze no loading screen and no dc also was gone two hours and my horse just run run and lvled up...
Its still way too early to say its all goodie now but I really hope I can return to my horses :'D
Will see how it will go durning night x')

Also managed to get 4 black females and am looking forward to trying for that elusive pure black T7 ^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This catches my eye however...

"The chance of success is 1% so you are very lucky if the awakening succeeds!"

I don't even..

Edited by Gavyne
3 people like this

Posted

I know this has probably been answered before, but I can't find an answer with searches on the forum or google. My question is, does selling a breed lower the price of the horse on the market, so instead of a male with 2 breeds he has one? If so, any idea on how much?

Posted

I know this has probably been answered before, but I can't find an answer with searches on the forum or google. My question is, does selling a breed lower the price of the horse on the market, so instead of a male with 2 breeds he has one? If so, any idea on how much?

Yes once the horse used up its breeds, the market price is lower.  By how much that I'm not sure, but my rough estimate for a T7 is around $7-10mil lower.

1 person likes this

Posted

This catches my eye however...

"The chance of success is 1% so you are very lucky if the awakening succeeds!"

I don't even..

x'DD I can see myself geting really sour once this T9 madness takes off and first feathered beauties fly about lol

Posted

Yes once the horse used up its breeds, the market price is lower.  By how much that I'm not sure, but my rough estimate for a T7 is around $7-10mil lower.

Thanks

Posted

Perhaps I missed it but I think this guide should also include Courser information...

Posted

Perhaps I missed it but I think this guide should also include Courser information...

Its the last part, everything T9 has awakening/courser info

1 person likes this

Posted

CM_Aethon has given us an answer:

http://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/horse-training-sub-forum.29/#post-141

To shed a little light on this, we've been considering implementing something of this nature on our current forums, as you can likely imagine these processes are tricky to do in a live environment with out potentially causing confusion or issues. We hear ya, and I eluded to the potential for such a change to be incoming in the previous megathread for this exact reason. With the soft launch of the beta forums here, I'd say there is a good chance we'll be introducing such a subsection, I know you've all been waiting for some time now, but hang tight just a bit longer and I'll do my best to get that set up for ya.

You guys have been an incredibly patient group of die hard horse breeders, and being candid here, I get that smashing everything into a single mega thread is a major pain in the arse. I won't over sell it, but we do want to get you and other folks a solid solution on the forums.

25 people like this