• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

@Ramblinrose

Thank you for your opinion, I share your approach quite a lot. I was thinking to start at lvl 17 xD, but I feel that it might learn something by lvl 20 and I would indeed waste money.

@Gavyne

It's extremely tempting, but again, I feel that it might be just a waste at moment. Thanks for the S-kicks strategy info tho, I might use it later if will have force-major situation. :)

I think I'll choose the middle path. I'll wait till lvl 19 or 20 (depending on what will happen on 18th and 19th), and try swapping slowly then, since it's my only T8. After all, even if it will reach lvl 20 it's not a point of no return, since he already has 12 skills. It's a bit weird horse (he started learning only at lvl 4, and continued learning since then almost each lvl), so maybe he'll bring me a pleasant surprise.

Cheers!  Let us know how it goes.  I wouldn't consider 12 skills at 17 a potato at all, I had thought maybe you started to get worried because your horse stopped learning skills.  But if your horse has been learning skills continuously, then I wouldn't change a thing.  I myself only start to tinker with things if the horse skips learning for 2 levels.

Also to put things in perspective with pearls, an average breeder spends way more pearls on breeding resets than they do on skills coupons.  For a 1 male 2 female group, you're looking at 1500 pearls just to reset their breeds.  And even then you aren't even guaranteed a T8 or an upgrade.  Aaand the breeding resets cost the same amount throughout the tiers, be it T8, T7, T6, T5...or even T4. 

So I tend to be more liberal at using skills change coupons when I do get a T8 because T8 is still rare for me (I'm on my 4th).  It's worth more to ensure the T8 turns out a kickass Courser than to slot machine gamble breeding resets for weeks if not months to shoot for another T8.  So that's my rationale for not being stingy on skills change coupons.  And all 4 of my T8's are coursers so as has been said before, people should do what works for them.

Posted

Do any of you guys randomly get your autoloop stopped? 

I don't really know what's going on, but recently every time I loop my horses (and I make sure I have enough carrots and that it actually loops), I come back a couple hours later and my character is just standing in the middle of the autoloop - not stuck or anything, just stopped in the middle sitting on the horse not moving.

I'm not in a guild atm, so there are no guild pings that can mess me up. I can't figure out how to stop this.

Likely desyc as my boyfriend's loop was stopped several times today alone.

Typically if you're desync'd,  you'll find yourself standing on the road (no longer mounted) and your horse further down the path.  If you're still sitting on your horse, then likely another player "charged" you with their horse. If you're lvl 49 or below, it'll just stop you and interrupt the auto-loop without dismounting you . There's been an epidemic lately of players/guilds attacking AFK horse trainers. The 'Atari' guild I've recently witnessed laying waste to a lot of horse trainers/breeders (which is why I keep my life-skiller at level 49).

1 person likes this

Posted

Just thought it might be worth mentioning, the T5N can also be caught in the wild, my fiance caught one a few days ago :) It was out in the mountains East of Trent :D 

Interesting, I wondered if some of those "tier 2" looking horses might be 5's but I skipped them over assuming it was just the 2B but I'll have to pay more attention to that now :)

And, finally, (feels like so long to me) I saw my first tier 5 in the wild.  A black female, hooray.  Snapped that one up right quick :D

Posted (edited)

Typically if you're desync'd,  you'll find yourself standing on the road (no longer mounted) and your horse further down the path.  If you're still sitting on your horse, then likely another player "charged" you with their horse. If you're lvl 49 or below, it'll just stop you and interrupt the auto-loop without dismounting you . There's been an epidemic lately of players/guilds attacking AFK horse trainers. The 'Atari' guild I've recently witnessed laying waste to a lot of horse trainers/breeders (which is why I keep my life-skiller at level 49).

Actually, when I get screen reloads (which I'm assuming everyone means by desync) and I'm solo riding then I won't dismount, I'll stay on the horse and the horse will slow to a stop and then I'll just be sitting there on the horse.  When I'm on my wagon and the screen reloads, then I'll get kicked off the wagon and the wagon will appear some ways away from me.

Whenever I've been charged by someone else I get knocked off the horse.

Edit to add:  This is all on a level 56 character.

Edited by Elessara

Posted (edited)

Interesting, I wondered if some of those "tier 2" looking horses might be 5's but I skipped them over assuming it was just the 2B but I'll have to pay more attention to that now :)

And, finally, (feels like so long to me) I saw my first tier 5 in the wild.  A black female, hooray.  Snapped that one up right quick :D

According to what someone else said, there are only one T4 and one T5 horse type in the wild. The T4 is the T4F, and the T5 is the T5J. The T5J looks kind of like the T1 and T3 models in body tone, but the main is much, darker (even in sunlight) and it has white dusting above its hooves (which is a little hard to discern when the horse is outlined and a bit hard to see from far away. The 4F which looks VERY similar to one of the T3 horses available in the wild (though according to the picture appears to have more of an ashen gray body tone, as opposed to the 3 which has a more light bluish gray tone.  Both have washed out reddish/light pink hair.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

Ah rightright. Well in my boyfriend's case his route just completely messed up and stopped wherever he was at a point. He did desync once this week then, but it wasn't today.

I've seen a few guilds doing the same on our guild's usual areas. =/

Posted

I hope my RNG has changed! (also has cuation at the 5th skill)

2017-03-18_1045833985.JPG

Posted

According to what someone else said, there are only one T4 and one T5 horse type in the wild. The T4 is the T4F, and the T5 is the T5J. The T5J looks kind of like the T1 and T3 models in body tone, but the main is much, darker (even in sunlight) and it has white dusting above its hooves (which is a little hard to discern when the horse is outlined and a bit hard to see from far away. The 4F which looks VERY similar to one of the T3 horses available in the wild (though according to the picture appears to have more of an ashen gray body tone, as opposed to the 3 which has a more light bluish gray tone.  Both have washed out reddish/light pink hair.

Right, I always can tell the T3 "gray" because to me it has an olive tone.  When I first saw the 5J it was black as night but it was in the shade so when I roped it and saw gray when it popped out into the light, I thought Blargh!  But then the T1 dull gray ran by and I could easily see the difference in sunlight.  I've gotten a few T4's with the reddish hue on the mane so makes them a bit easier to distinguish from the 3's.

However, the person I quoted said his fiance got the 5N.  So I assumed what I had seen at other times was the 2B, and I wonder if anyone else assumed this also and skipped over taming it?  The differences are subtle if you are looking quick but now that I am aware I'll pay more attn to see if there are more 5N's out there.  I have seen a few on the market but brushed it off as being that reward of a T5 (i forgot why now) horse people got awhile back.

Posted (edited)

Right, I always can tell the T3 "gray" because to me it has an olive tone.  When I first saw the 5J it was black as night but it was in the shade so when I roped it and saw gray when it popped out into the light, I thought Blargh!  But then the T1 dull gray ran by and I could easily see the difference in sunlight.  I've gotten a few T4's with the reddish hue on the mane so makes them a bit easier to distinguish from the 3's.

However, the person I quoted said his fiance got the 5N.  So I assumed what I had seen at other times was the 2B, and I wonder if anyone else assumed this also and skipped over taming it?  The differences are subtle if you are looking quick but now that I am aware I'll pay more attn to see if there are more 5N's out there.  I have seen a few on the market but brushed it off as being that reward of a T5 (i forgot why now) horse people got awhile back.

Definitely warrants some field testing then - if I see anything that looks like the 2B, I will capture as many as possible. The 5N is, in my opinion, the second best (if not the best) from that Tier of horses, so that would be absolutely amazing if there were 5Ns in the wild. That said, my first T5 I raised to 30 was a 5N, and it is a much richer brown/reddish brown town than the 2B, with a much darker mane (Seriously, it's looks like all of the horses you see in commercials. It's a super star.), and side by side the two are very discernible from each other.

Either way, for the sake of argument I will keep my eyes peeled =D

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

Just thought it might be worth mentioning, the T5N can also be caught in the wild, my fiance caught one a few days ago :) It was out in the mountains East of Trent :D 

Catching horses like mad in the past weeks, none of them was the T5N. Sounds like "the friend of my guildmates friend catched a wild T3" postings in the past when T3 wasnt available in the wild.

4 people like this

Posted

@Solest and any others with guides and long posts - BDO team changed it to allow more than 10,000 characters.  ty @CM_Aethon !!  So Solest if you want to change your guide up, I will put the new link in the FAQ.  

3 people like this

Posted

I've caught tons of horses lately too and no 5Ns.   It's always possible that they really got one, but it is more likely that it was a T2.

@Solest and any others with guides and long posts - BDO team changed it to allow more than 10,000 characters.  ty @CM_Aethon !!  So Solest if you want to change your guide up, I will put the new link in the FAQ.  

Also glad to see you got the FAQ posted...now if we could get it pinned.

Posted (edited)

Excellent! That's good news for future guides/updates! I think I'll leave the guide where it is for now and just combine the comments.

The current most up to date one is here: https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/courser-and-pegasus-awakening-tier-9-guide.209/#post-1304

Edited by Solest
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Cheers!  Let us know how it goes.  I wouldn't consider 12 skills at 17 a potato at all, I had thought maybe you started to get worried because your horse stopped learning skills.  But if your horse has been learning skills continuously, then I wouldn't change a thing.  I myself only start to tinker with things if the horse skips learning for 2 levels.

Also to put things in perspective with pearls, an average breeder spends way more pearls on breeding resets than they do on skills coupons.  For a 1 male 2 female group, you're looking at 1500 pearls just to reset their breeds.  And even then you aren't even guaranteed a T8 or an upgrade.  Aaand the breeding resets cost the same amount throughout the tiers, be it T8, T7, T6, T5...or even T4. 

So I tend to be more liberal at using skills change coupons when I do get a T8 because T8 is still rare for me (I'm on my 4th).  It's worth more to ensure the T8 turns out a kickass Courser than to slot machine gamble breeding resets for weeks if not months to shoot for another T8.  So that's my rationale for not being stingy on skills change coupons.  And all 4 of my T8's are coursers so as has been said before, people should do what works for them.

The reason why I'm worried is because I had horses who at first learned all cheap skills by lvl 20 and then refused to learn anything till 30 and ended up potatoes.. :/

I think he decided to behave as a stubborn donkey for now. Got nothing on lvl 18, so I swapped FC for S-HK. He is lvl 20 now and still hasn't relearned FC. Gonna wait till he does that. Until then there is no sense to waste coupons. Once he relearns FC, I'll try to use HK instead. Technically both those skills have the same price, but I checked my stables and noticed that wild as well as bred horses tend to have HK more often than FC. Since Caution has the same price but is more rare it could be that HK might have higher probability to be learned.

I'll inform about final results later when he reaches lvl 30. Until then all what's left is to dance with tambourine and chant around him..  maybe that will help lol

%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD.jpg

Edited by Seasoul

Posted

Today's breed results :

T7H male lvl 30 - T7J female lvl 30

1st breed = T8D female (born with S:IA)

2nd breed = T8D male

Very happy with that result lol my first ever T8 female :D now to lvl and breed.

6 people like this

Posted

Guys, a quick question here. So my new T8 learned 12 skills by lvl 17. He is missing all S-skills, Sprint, IA and Sideways. Since there are still 2 junk skills left in the pool (S-kicks) should I wait till lvl 20 before I start using skill swapping coupons (changing ForeChop ofc) in a hope that he will learn them by himself?

How many coupons it took if it's not a secret? And after what lvl you started swapping?

No secret, I start rerolling at around 9-10 skills regardless of level, that lowest skills I've had on a horse so far is that one while I've been rerolling. S kicks and several of the other skills doesn't have as high chance as fore chop and hind kick. The key is to get many skills to begin with. If that horse has 12 skills and is missing that much I'd start right away if this is how you wanna do it.

This horse here was pretty potato, so ended up using around 15 coupons total to make it a courser. Still way less than I would've if I left it to faith and tried after it was 30 though.
Usually spend less.

The reason why I'm worried is because I had horses who at first learned all cheap skills by lvl 20 and then refused to learn anything till 30 and ended up potatoes.. :/

I think he decided to behave as a stubborn donkey for now. Got nothing on lvl 18, so I swapped FC for S-HK. He is lvl 20 now and still hasn't relearned FC. Gonna wait till he does that. Until then there is no sense to waste coupons. Once he relearns FC, I'll try to use HK instead. Technically both those skills have the same price, but I checked my stables and noticed that wild as well as bred horses tend to have HK more often than FC. Since Caution has the same price but is more rare it could be that HK might have higher probability to be learned.

I'll inform about final results later when he reaches lvl 30. Until then all what's left is to dance with tambourine and chant around him..  maybe that will help lol

Didn't see this one, but yeah no point in rerolling anything else than Fore chop, I sometimes reroll hindkick too though when I feel like it(very rarely). But look at it this way aslong as the horse has a skill equal to every second level, say it has more than 10 skills at level 20 is great.
So no need to worry yet ^^

Good luck

Posted

This week's breeding attempt. Mostly disappointment. Will probably hold off on breeding the higher tiers until the rate goes up... :/

Grade11_March2017.jpg

Posted

This week's breeding attempt. Mostly disappointment. Will probably hold off on breeding the higher tiers until the rate goes up... :/

Grade11_March2017.jpg

Sorry for your loss.  The black values though, too bad you didn't get a purebred black.  I see what you were trying to do.

RNG is just such a b...

1 person likes this

Posted

T7B male level 30 x T6D female level 27 = T8D male (breeding) + T6L female (exchange)

0ewCSbT.png x HtSsTfR.png = X8VyW4m.png + dbdOOSp.png

He was my fastest T7 but he didn't learn sprint, so I smashed him xD 

Sunset.thumb.PNG.83083bd8ea728ba1aad5e87

Meet Sunset, the front kicker :D

7 people like this

Posted

Ty for the RNG game :/

that's four T6s from my last breedings now (last one was T7H & T7J...) honestly cant see how people can have such good RNG atm and then I get this rubbish. Honestly :(

T6.png

Awwww 😯 where is that spread sheet you are using? I'm still trying to find something that's simple and the images can be added like that.

Hey guys,

I just want to post an invite to the new horse discord Nightengale, a few other friends, and I started. It's going to be more like the way the other one use to be. More private and full of friends. Https://discord.gg/Dm9FU 

*invite will expire in 1 day. 

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

Finally hit level 30 on my T8C.

Managed to learn 17 skills, got super sideways move on first attempt too. Overall super good skill learning.

17.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

Didn't see this one, but yeah no point in rerolling anything else than Fore chop, I sometimes reroll hindkick too though when I feel like it(very rarely). But look at it this way aslong as the horse has a skill equal to every second level, say it has more than 10 skills at level 20 is great.So no need to worry yet ^^

Good luck

Thank you. I will definitely need it since he keeps pretending to be a donkey for now...

Posted

So that's what happened. I came back to the game to find my <49 character just standing there mounted, and a >:) in the general chat. Now I wish I'd made note of the name to be sure never to sell to that person.

Posted

So that's what happened. I came back to the game to find my <49 character just standing there mounted, and a >:) in the general chat. Now I wish I'd made note of the name to be sure never to sell to that person.

This is one of the reasons I don't sell on the market ... ever.  You can't choose who you sell to, all you can do is arrange a sale and hope the person you want to sell to gets it but still run the risk of the horse being sniped.

Posted

Hey horse breeders,

I've been seeing people talking bout increase breeding chances in Korea, can someone elaborate on that please it would be awesome!