• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Where do you guys/gals take the template(s) to showcase your breeding results ? 
Cheers.

I made mine myself on excel (nothing fancy) just use it to make it look organised! @Talshani - forgot to reply to you on where i get mine from ^^ 

1 person likes this

Posted

My male T7 finally got to lv30 today, as I had two t7 females already waiting... 

T7 Male Lv30 sCSjdho.png"Hatagi" + T7 Female Lv30 sCSjdho.png"ISHDH" = 

Foal 1: T7i Female dXhS0q1.png"Saber_Wynter" - 1st skill Quick Back

Foal 2: T8A Female XVYxCbb.png "Paiz" - 1st skill S:Forechop

Reset T7 Male Lv30 sCSjdho.png"Hatagi" + T7 Female Lv30 106kp4q.png "KittyWoof" = 

Foal 1: T8B Female JZW3wUo.png "Tengoku" - 1st skill 2 Seater

Foal 2: T7B Male 0ewCSbT.png"Hinkk" - 1st skill Start Accel. 

Exchanged last pair and got T6N female 7xQiHla.png... 

I now have 4x T8 female horses, 3x T7 female horses and 3x T7 male horses to level up still... After I started naming my horses after guildies, I started to breed more T8s. Is that just a coincidence? lol

6 people like this

Posted

Ah yea this glitch x)) I never tried duplicating horse gear on all 4 horses usualy it bothered me when I couldnt seem to get the visual of horse gear off of one horse xD
Might try with my Knight's Horse Gear set when am bored enough lol

Only reason I have the 4 sets is because of that sale with the 20% off coupons all of them were 60.00 total, just wait for a sale to come around first and its not quite as pricey. Not buying skill change coupons or breed resets constantly allowed me to be able to get that instead :)

I had this glitch happen to a tier 5 horse of mine it never went away either the horse looked like it had barding on it until I finally sold it to the imperial merchant, through breeding it leveling it etc. I do not know how you make it work though it just popped up and never ever went away, if you figure it out let us know I love seeing nice looking wagons running around :)

Posted (edited)

Only reason I have the 4 sets is because of that sale with the 20% off coupons all of them were 60.00 total, just wait for a sale to come around first and its not quite as pricey. Not buying skill change coupons or breed resets constantly allowed me to be able to get that instead :)

I had this glitch happen to a tier 5 horse of mine it never went away either the horse looked like it had barding on it until I finally sold it to the imperial merchant, through breeding it leveling it etc. I do not know how you make it work though it just popped up and never ever went away, if you figure it out let us know I love seeing nice looking wagons running around :)

I wanted to use 20% cupons buuut when I finaly could buy something card didnt work durning weekend x'D and they deleted cupons around 1am monday lol
Still sad I didnt get to use them :/ I dont really buy breeding/skill resets left and right either...I could count on one hand how many I bought each of these lol but yes I intend to buy for my T8s as I really want a courser but I will try not to rush it and only skill reset horses that seem decent :')

Rather then gambling on resets I like to buy more "visual" stuff x)) as in Outfits/Life Costumes/Horse Gear/Pets

2017-03-20_72882271.thumb.PNG.5fc9ee0d3d
xDD I wonder if troll or if people seriously are trying to get pearls by any means...cant find what is so pearl worthy about this horse, help plz? x'))

Edited by Silvite
1 person likes this

Posted

Courser panic here.. again (couldn't wait till lvl 30 so making a mini report now).. I'm on the finish line: lvl 26, 15 skills. Missing four skills: Sprint, Sideways, S-Sideways and FC. Dang, I was never so worried about horse lvling process.

Used 2 coupons so far. Hopefully he will keep relearning FC. If he won't be able to turn into a courser eventually I need at least to get Sprint on him to get a perfect riding horse. Uhh... those only 4 remained lvls cause a pressure....O.O

2 people like this

Posted

Courser panic here.. again (couldn't wait till lvl 30 so making a mini report now).. I'm on the finish line: lvl 26, 15 skills. Missing four skills: Sprint, Sideways, S-Sideways and FC. Dang, I was never so worried about horse lvling process.

Used 2 coupons so far. Hopefully he will keep relearning FC. If he won't be able to turn into a courser eventually I need at least to get Sprint on him to get a perfect riding horse. Uhh... those only 4 remained lvls cause a pressure....O.O

The dreaded S-Sideways, I wish you luck!  Get ready to swap S: Kicks to get those harder to obtain courser skills :)

Posted (edited)

the t8e i´m currently leveling is missing caution and s:sideways, lvl 29. Lets see what happens.

Edited by RainbowRat
1 person likes this

Posted

the t8e i´m currently leveling is missing caution and s:sideways, lvl 29. Lets see what happens.

Your RNG/Luck is insane xD

Posted

Your RNG/Luck is insane xD

hey i spent all coupons i got for my last t8e trade on it :C so 11 coupons and still not courser... but it gets massive % of speed recently, so that´s neat xD 1.5% from 27 to 28. 157% now.

Posted

Finally leveling one of my T7's my first actually my black purebred. At 22 and she is one skill from being a courser. Rather happy with that, she is not a T8 of course, but still nice for my first leveling of my t7's. She just needs to learn drift by 30, fingers crossed.

Posted

hey i spent all coupons i got for my last t8e trade on it :C so 11 coupons and still not courser... but it gets massive % of speed recently, so that´s neat xD 1.5% from 27 to 28. 157% now.

I wish I could coupon my horse to perfection D:

New T8E is level 21 and 12 skills.... Has IA & Drift...

Posted

You're still in very good shape. Better than most anyway.

Posted

I can't believe it...again? Really? This place is cursed :/ 
Maybe I should start avoiding it *headdesk* 

2017-03-20_77415046.thumb.jpg.ba7a6b6dd4

Posted (edited)

@Silvite We pray to Horsedra daily, to bless our foals with wisdom and sick gains. =D

------

Some questions for the vets of the board -

How exactly does the system work in terms of horse base speed and bonuses?

Trainer's clothes don't give a flat percentage on the tooltip, but instead say Movement Speed + X. Is this bonus percentage based to reflect the number and they just forgot the % sign, or is it some other sort of static bonus?

Is the base speed on the sheet the expected speed of the horse at full out run, or is that only the auto-loop speed (second level of speed which I guess would be galloping). If it's something like the base speed at a gallop, and sprinting is something like an additional 50% speed, then the questions below become even more important because of the multiplicative nature of the bonuses of that's how it works.

Are bonuses additive, additive multiplicative, or fully multiplicative at each level of bonus?

Example of fully multiplicative - Base speed of 150%. Horseshoes give 4% speed, giving us 156%. Costume gives 1% = 157.5%. Trainer clothes give additional bonus (let's say 2%) giving us 160.7%.

If it was additive, it would only be 157%. Additive multiplicative (all bonuses tallied, then that becomes multiplier), it would be 160.5%, slightly less, but still important to know I believe.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted (edited)

@Silvite We pray to Horsedra daily, to bless our foals with wisdom and sick gains. =D

Maybe all horse breeders should go there every week before maintenance to pray for increased breeding rates rofl
We should pick special clothes to wear for this ocasion too :o
Kill horsedra durning the ritual and paint the sacrifical stone in beautiful red >_>
If there is a week where horsedra cant seem to be found on any channel that will be the sign of a misfortune D:

Yea I will shut it now my brain just went on some sort of adventure

Edited by Silvite
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

------

Some questions for the vets of the board -

How exactly does the system work in terms of horse base speed and bonuses?

Trainer's clothes don't give a flat percentage on the tooltip, but instead say Movement Speed + X. Is this bonus percentage based to reflect the number and they just forgot the % sign, or is it some other sort of static bonus?

Is the base speed on the sheet the expected speed of the horse at full out run, or is that only the auto-loop speed (second level of speed which I guess would be galloping). If it's something like the base speed at a gallop, and sprinting is something like an additional 50% speed, then the questions below become even more important because of the multiplicative nature of the bonuses of that's how it works.

Are bonuses additive, additive multiplicative, or fully multiplicative at each level of bonus?

Example of fully multiplicative - Base speed of 150%. Horseshoes give 4% speed, giving us 156%. Costume gives 1% = 157.5%. Trainer clothes give additional bonus (let's say 2%) giving us 160.7%.

If it was additive, it would only be 157%. Additive multiplicative (all bonuses tallied, then that becomes multiplier), it would be 160.5%, slightly less, but still important to know I believe.

The Trainer's Clothes bonus to Movement Speed only applies to when you're on foot and running. So a +1 will one add bar (out of 5) to your movement speed that you can view when you press (P) to see your stats. However, it doesn't apply to your horse's movement speed. All trainers clothes give a movement buff (be it cooks, trader, training, alchemy, etc..). But it's only an "on foot" buff.

The base speed affects all manner of horse gaits. ie... your horse's base speed is 100%, that effects walk, trot, run, sprint. Walk, Trot, Run, Sprint, etc... each have their own algorithms/mulitplyers. ie... if you have a T6 with 120% base speed, and you walked next to another T6 that is also walking with 115% base speed, your horse would be moving faster. If both same horses accelerated into a trot (let's leave out acceleration stats for the sake of simplicity), your horse would be moving faster. Same applies to run or sprint. 

• Additionally, it should be noted that a horse's base speed is based on the TIER of the horse. ie.. A T5 with 100% is slower than a T6 with 100%. In effect, each tier of horse is considered a different species. Same method applies to ships/boats. A fishing boat with 100% speed is much faster than a rowboat with 100% speed. The speed % is only based on the species, not the family as a whole. Why every tier horse doesn't have a base 100% based on their coats (ie... a T8C which is one of the slowest to start T8's starts with 128.8% while a T8E is 136% is beyond me. The T8C should be listed as 100% start, while the T8E should be listed at 108%. Dunno why, that's just how it is).

As far as I know, bonuses are not additive, but to be honest I haven't tested it enough. Well, I know they're not additive, because I can confirm that horseshoes, potion, scroll, and costume bonuses don't add together (ie.. a 10% costume bonus, 8% scroll bonus, and a 10% scroll bonus, don't sum to a 28% increase). I've just not tested enough to see what the order of priority is in a multiplicative scenario. I'd like to THINK though that horseshoes come first as I think that's additive to the base speed (because it reflects on the horse's speed stat, but after that, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

The Trainer's Clothes bonus to Movement Speed only applies to when you're on foot and running. So a +1 will add bar (out of 5) to your movement speed that you can view when you press (P) to see your stats. It doesn't apply to your horse's movement speed. All trainers clothes give a movement buff (be it cooks, trader, training, alchemy, etc..).

The base speed affects all manner of horse gaits. ie... your horse's base speed is 100%, that effects walk, trot, run, sprint. Walk, Trot, Run, Sprint, etc... each have their own algorithms/mulitplyers. ie... if you have a T6 with 120% base speed, and you walked next to another T6 that is also walking with 115% base speed, your horse would be moving faster. If both same horses accelerated into a trot (let's leave out acceleration stats for the sake of simplicity), your horse would be moving faster. Same applies to run or sprint. 

• Additionally, it should be noted that a horse's base speed is based on the TIER of the horse. ie.. A T5 with 100% is slower than a T6 with 100%.

As far as I know, bonuses are not additive, but to be honest I haven't tested it enough. Well, I know they're not additive, because I can confirm that horseshoes, potion, scroll, and costume bonuses don't add together (ie.. a 10% costume bonus, 8% scroll bonus, and a 10% scroll bonus, don't sum to a 28% increase). I've just not tested enough to see what the order of priority is in a multiplicative scenario. I'd like to THINK though that horseshoes come first as I think that's additive to the base speed (because it reflects on the horse's speed stat, but after that, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Gotcha. Ideally, I would just like to prove (mathematically if possible) exactly how good wagon training is versus singular horse raising, but also ike being able to determine truly at what Tier of Horse that Wagon training becomes ineffective (not to mention that wagon training due to the slower speed results in less overall Trainer Skill experience, right?).

I'd imagine we can get a rough feel for it just by timing different tiers of horses with some form of control for equipment (like 4% horse shoes, 2% champron) as a base, and similarly a 4% or so wagon wheel on a wagon since experience is determined by distance. We did confirm that costumes do not affect horse experience gains when attached to a wagon, but what about things like riding attire and trainer's clothes? Do those increase the gains of all four horses at once? If it's been answered before, apologies.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

Gotcha. Ideally, I would just like to prove (mathematically if possible) exactly how good wagon training is versus singular horse raising, but also ike being able to determine truly at what Tier of Horse that Wagon training becomes ineffective (not to mention that wagon training due to the slower speed results in less overall Trainer Skill experience, right?).

I'd imagine we can get a rough feel for it just by timing different tiers of horses with some form of control for equipment (like 4% horse shoes, 2% champron) as a base, and similarly a 4% or so wagon wheel on a wagon since experience is determined by distance. We did confirm that costumes do not affect horse experience gains when attached to a wagon, but what about things like riding attire and trainer's clothes? Do those increase the gains of all four horses at once? If it's been answered before, apologies.

I may go search for it, but it is in the previous mega thread several pages put to testing ticks, wagon xp, overall xp gain etc etc and pretty much every test showed overall experience gained is better on a merchant wagon. Factoring in you have 4 horses to level of course. It is lower for each horse per tick but you gain it x4. In the end, merchant wagon with all else being equal was the most efficient way to level more than one or two horses. On average iirc you get about 2000 xp per tick total. About 500 +/- a few hundred per horse. Now this was before t8's but I cannot see that make a difference.

Tl;dr if you only have one or two horses to train, single, manual training is faster, any more than that merchant wagon becomes far and away the most efficient method.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There are a couple factors here... speed of horse, speed of wagon, and how much time you wish to dedicate.

At Professional 8 in Training, my T7/T8 horses, based on horse's speed and my equipment, I average 780 horse exp every 12 seconds riding solo, which is 65 horse exp every second. On a waigon, I get an average of 530 horse exp every 20 seconds, which is 26.5 exp per second per horse, but multiply that by 4 (assuming you have 4 horses on the wagon) which translates to 106 exp per second. If you wagon train 4, you get a 38.5% increase in efficiency... but it just takes "ages" to do it with higher tier horse. The caveats is, you need to be always running four horses on your wagon. Even 3 will save you time. But even 4 takes a lot longer. The payoff though, is that you have a lot more horses ready in one batch. If you're looking to do one breed at a time, solo is the way to go. But if you take the longer route, having numerous breeds pays off efficiency wise.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

On average iirc you get about 2000 xp per tick total. About 500 +/- a few hundred per horse. Now this was before t8's but I cannot see that make a difference.

If it has already been tested, then I won't waste the time on it.

There are a couple factors here... speed of horse, speed of wagon, and how much time you wish to dedicate.

At Professional 8 in Training, my T7/T8 horses, based on speed average 780 horse exp every 12 seconds, which is 65 horse exp every second. On a wagon, I get an average of 530 horse exp every 20 seconds, which is 26.5 exp per second, multiply that by 4 (assuming you have 4 horses on the wagon) which translates to 106 exp per second. If you wagon train 4, you get a 38.5% increase in efficiency... but it just takes "ages" to do it. The caveats is, you need to be always running four horses on your wagon. Even 3 will save you time. But even 4 takes a lot longer. The payoff though, is that you have a lot more horses ready in one batch. If you're looking to do one breed at a time, solo is the way to go. But if you take the longer route, having numerous breeds pays off efficiency wise.

If I wasn't in such a darn rush to get T8 as soon as possible, I think I would have a bit more patience to wagon train, but the batch I have is really uneven and I have this weird penchant for raising things all at the same time, and it kind of makes me twitch to think of how many connects/disconnects to have the wagon run (or potentially two horses on the wagon hitting 30 while I am gone for a day, and essentially wasting up to 8 hours when I could have two other horses in the slot gaining, stuff like that).

I have a T7I that is Level 30 now that I will absolutely be using to breed, buuuut I don't want to even touch him with anything lower than another T7 or T8 horse (if I get lucky on the horse market), because I want the increased chance for T8 myself.

I've got One T6 female, and 3 T5 females I am planning on breeding with a T6 male once I get him to 25-30 (I can't recall the exact breeding level I need for him), in the hopes I make a T7 female for my T7 male to breed with.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

I wish I could coupon my horse to perfection D:

New T8E is level 21 and 12 skills.... Has IA & Drift...

luckily I got enough t8 to trade for preciousss purrrrlzzz ^.^
Funny thing is all of my T8E so far learned rather early on Drift + one other speed skill, so either Sprint or Insta. And that was it. No more. Pretty sure my current T8E would have turned out EXACTLY the same if I hadn´t used those coupons, SO weird. My T8D learn differently...

Posted

luckily I got enough t8 to trade for preciousss purrrrlzzz ^.^Funny thing is all of my T8E so far learned rather early on Drift + one other speed skill, so either Sprint or Insta. And that was it. No more. Pretty sure my current T8E would have turned out EXACTLY the same if I hadn´t used those coupons, SO weird. My T8D learn differently...

This T8E learnt IA at 7 and then drift at either 19-21 (as afk)

Posted

My last T8 has 11 skills at level 19, only drift and charge of the good ones. I knew he wasn't going to be smart, so I'm going to pray for him to be a good dad ;_; 

1 person likes this

Posted

My last T8 has 11 skills at level 19, only drift and charge of the good ones. I knew he wasn't going to be smart, so I'm going to pray for him to be a good dad ;_; 

They can go on a potato holiday with Thunder xD

1 person likes this

Posted

luckily I got enough t8 to trade for preciousss purrrrlzzz ^.^Funny thing is all of my T8E so far learned rather early on Drift + one other speed skill, so either Sprint or Insta. And that was it. No more. Pretty sure my current T8E would have turned out EXACTLY the same if I hadn´t used those coupons, SO weird. My T8D learn differently...

It's anecdotal, but sounds like the kind of experience @Cappuccino was referencing to in the theory about skill templates (or at least a schedule of randomized skill learning based on the horse itself), in that "smart" horses have a better skill template, or a much lower threshold to learn skills on the template per skill than "dumb" horses who have a higher experience threshold to their next skill.

I think that's how the theory worked.