• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

(I don't think I could ever exchange a T8).

Someone said that there's not exactly a lot of money in breeding, that fishing is more worthwhile, but for those of you at the top what do you do? Is it just always more breeding? If so, why? I know I personally enjoy the hell out of it.

I will exchange T8s if they are 100% potato... Just have to have a BF/GF for them :) 

Ill breed once (maybe sell 1 male breed) then either exchange OR imperial the female and breed the male with another female. tbh at the moment im exchanging as i havent been lucky enough for that perfect T8 - and i need more T7s ^^

Posted (edited)

My T8 leveling nightmare is officially over. Just like I predicted he didn't learn anything between lvl 25 and lvl 30 and ended up with 15 skills. He was missing Caution, Sideways, S-sideways and to my horror - Sprint in the end.  To my luck I got Sprint from the first skill reroll attempt using S-HK (thank you @Gavyne for that advice, though I think it was just a luck not to pick caution instead).

So now he is a perfect riding horse with all important for me skills. A total of 4 skill coupons were used to make him like that. Actually I don't need anything more. I doubt I would awaken him even if he became a courser. I wouldn't risk my only T8 (and with good skills & purebreed) for a T9 whose potato-turning-probability is not clear. When you guys get one one day, simply invite me to take a look at it in game, and maybe give a ride :) 

Also I think I'm going to slow down on breeding. It was rather stressful recently and when you don't enjoy the game it means you need to change something.

I'll post final parameters of my T8 into the "lvl 30 stats" topic, and here I'll just insert the illustration of the last painful hours of manual lvlling (Drift-IA switch) since I was impatient to get over this.  "The last hours till lvl 30. Training in the foggy pine forest". This is just for the history :)

l0HE5Hn.jpg

Edited by Seasoul
5 people like this

Posted

So, to the long time breeders out there? Do you ever Imperial Deliver your horses after they have been bred out, or do you always go for exchanging for more chances at T8.

What do the people who already have an extremely solid T8 do with it? Sell it on the market? Give it to friends? Or always more breeding?

My T7I hit 30 a few days ago, and I am working on my other T6s in the hopes of making another T7 so I can finally start working on creating my T8, and I've started thinking about how I am going to proceed when I finally "make it" as it were to T8 and then working on a good one with courser status for awakening when it becomes available.

Once I reach that point, however, I am a bit lost on exactly what I will do, whether I just keep on breeding. Ideally I make a series of T8s for my friends after I have bred them out (I don't think I could ever exchange a T8).

Someone said that there's not exactly a lot of money in breeding, that fishing is more worthwhile, but for those of you at the top what do you do? Is it just always more breeding? If so, why? I know I personally enjoy the hell out of it.

I just really enjoy it.  It's right up there with exploring as my favorite part of the game.

When I have a horse that's bred out I will most often sell it to the Imperial trader, but I do sometimes do exchanges.  I've found that I more often than not get worse horses exchanging than I do breeding nowdays.  It didn't used to be that way but the last time I exchanged two T7s and got a T6 it really soured me on exchanges so I only do them on lower Tiers now or sell to the Imperial trader.

1 person likes this

Posted

My T8 leveling nightmare is officially over. Just like I predicted he didn't learn anything between lvl 25 and lvl 30 and ended up with 15 skills. He was missing Caution, Sideways, S-sideways and to my horror - Sprint in the end.  To my luck I got Sprint from the first skill reroll attempt using S-HK (thank you @Gavyne for that advice, though I think it was just a luck not to pick caution instead).

So now he is a perfect riding horse with all important for me skills. A total of 4 skill coupons were used to make him like that. Actually I don't need anything more. I doubt I would awaken him even if he became a courser. I wouldn't risk my only T8 (and with good skills & purebreed) for a T9 whose potato-turning-probability is not clear. When you guys get one one day, simply invite me to take a look at it in game, and maybe give a ride :) 

Also I think I'm going to slow down on breeding. It was rather stressful recently and when you don't enjoy the game it means you need to change something.

I'll post final parameters of my T8 into the "lvl 30 stats" topic, and here I'll just insert the illustration of the last painful hours of manual lvlling (Drift-IA switch) since I was impatient to get over this.  "The last hours till lvl 30. Training in the foggy pine forest". This is just for the history :)

l0HE5Hn.jpg

Congrats!  That's a fine speedy purebred.  Might I suggest you take up horse racing and take a break from breeding for awhile.  You might even have a better chance at more T8's that way.

Posted (edited)

Congrats!  That's a fine speedy purebred.  Might I suggest you take up horse racing and take a break from breeding for awhile.  You might even have a better chance at more T8's that way.

My main PC can't cope with its speed and I get stuck in loading textures from time to time, so for races I'd have to switch to a faster laptop which isn't very convenient. I took part in the races in the past and got T7 female in a week. I stopped taking part in them since then (main reason: it was taking lots of time + inconvenient laptop). Also.. please.. no more raising of T8 in the near future xD I need to do quiet fishing, pick flowers, dive in the sea...

By the way, in the past I saw that there was a 2-seater skill item at Stonetail Horse Ranch that you can get for racing seals. Is it still available and is it applicable to purebreeds?

Edited by Seasoul

Posted

By the way, in the past I saw that there was a 2-seater skill item at Stonetail Horse Ranch that you can get for racing seals. Is it still available and is it applicable to purebreeds?

You can obtain a T6 horse (the white one with the dots) wich has 2-seater as starter skill.

But I remember korean patchnotes a few months ago. They can buy a pearlshop item that give purebreeds 2-seater. I hope we will get it also.

2 people like this

Posted

You can obtain a T6 horse (the white one with the dots) wich has 2-seater as starter skill.

But I remember korean patchnotes a few months ago. They can buy a pearlshop item that give purebreeds 2-seater. I hope we will get it also.

I wonder if that would work on pegasus... They can't learn 2 seater apparently >_>

Posted

Oh, I see. Good to know.

Posted

I wonder if that would work on pegasus... They can't learn 2 seater apparently >_>

I hope that. Husbando & me need 2-seater so bad. :/ 

Posted

All I know is that if Pegasus had two seater, you better hope it doesn't also get Roar. I learned the hard way last night when I was showing off two seater to a low level friend, and I accidentally deposited his level 30 lowbie self in the middle of Hexe Sanctuary when I learned Roar immediately drops off your passenger.

Good times.

3 people like this

Posted

All I know is that if Pegasus had two seater, you better hope it doesn't also get Roar. I learned the hard way last night when I was showing off two seater to a low level friend, and I accidentally deposited his level 30 lowbie self in the middle of Hexe Sanctuary when I learned Roar immediately drops off your passenger.

Good times.

Rearing up in general will dump the passenger, roar or not.

I do it to my boyfriend and a friend of ours all the time. =3

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh god don't give my g/f ideas.

Posted (edited)

Good times.

Lmfao x'D sorry funny image in my head of that now x)) poor friend of yours
I managed to fly myself off a cliff while trying for a perfect screen of hind kick lulz...funny the horse now has 97% on it x))

Took me forever to get one where reins werent flying up in air and she wasnt slipping off stirrups aka avoid bad movement mechanic in game
w2KQiyD.png

Edited by Silvite
8 people like this

Posted

I have been breeding horses since launch.  When the Pegasus was announced, I was disappointed actually - it's endgame for breeders.  The Pegasus is probably my least fav of the three horses, I am really interested in the Hellfire one. I have four coursers.  I am basically afk leveling/breeding existing horses I have now, more emphasis on leveling than breeding actually and wondering if they ever will give an increase in regional rating.  The longer it goes, the more I doubt  it.  I do like seeing how a horse levels, how it gets skills but the excitement I once had for the lifeskill has diminished a lot.  I really dislike how the ability to get a courser has become P2W for many people.

I have four characters:witch, wizard, ranger and DK, which I work on consistently and all are in their 50s.  Each gets a T8.  Some I have sold to guild members. Others I have not bred yet are in a stable.

I will focus on my witch, she is just shy of 57 and the DK delayed her progress.  I haven't got a TRI piece of boss gear - everything is DUO because enchanting is another nightmare..  I don't do node wars but am thinking about it.

You make lots of money afk fishing, or going out searching for hotspots.  And you need money for enchanting.or buying from market.  I also have been saving up to buy gear that I find it impossible to get. 

And no, I cannot exchange a T8 horse.  I am afk riding my dumbass Blitzen's foal, who is currently lvl 18 with 13 skills, incl Drift, IA, S:IA, Sideways and S:FK, S:HK which she learned on her own. She hasn't learned FC yet. No one in my guild wants Blitzen because he has 13 skills but needs  IA, S:IA, Side and S:Side. He might end up on the market and someone can spend $$$ to fix him.

3 people like this

Posted

At tier 8 the only thing I would prefer to do is get trash horses now from the ones I have, Level them to 15 and sell them to the imperial merchant for seals for my tier 9 chances. BUT, I say this and while trying to get trash horses I wind up with 4 more tier 8's, sigh. Of course I cannot level those to just 15 and give to a merchant so maybe next breed I will get some crappy horses instead of all tier 8's crazy stuff there. I am going to breed out all of my tier 8's though just for fun to see what I get, trash or not I really dont care at this point anymore.

Its funny though when I dont care what I get I get a crapload of tier 8's after months of only getting  I think one extra one trying for them after my original one that I got the day tier 8 was introduced.

2 people like this

Posted

At tier 8 the only thing I would prefer to do is get trash horses now from the ones I have, Level them to 15 and sell them to the imperial merchant for seals for my tier 9 chances. BUT, I say this and while trying to get trash horses I wind up with 4 more tier 8's, sigh. Of course I cannot level those to just 15 and give to a merchant so maybe next breed I will get some crappy horses instead of all tier 8's crazy stuff there. I am going to breed out all of my tier 8's though just for fun to see what I get, trash or not I really dont care at this point anymore.

Its funny though when I dont care what I get I get a crapload of tier 8's after months of only getting  I think one extra one trying for them after my original one that I got the day tier 8 was introduced.

I'll swap your RNG for mine!

Posted

Once I reach that point, however, I am a bit lost on exactly what I will do, whether I just keep on breeding. Ideally I make a series of T8s for my friends after I have bred them out (I don't think I could ever exchange a T8).

i´m afk all day anyway, it´s the only thing i can do haha. fishing, well, there´s time for that once t9 patch hits us. Will drop the wagon instantly and fish for blue hoofs 18hrs a day. for now it´s leveling t8 and sell them for purrrrrrrrrrrrrlz

Posted

So, to the long time breeders out there? Do you ever Imperial Deliver your horses after they have been bred out, or do you always go for exchanging for more chances at T8.

What do the people who already have an extremely solid T8 do with it? Sell it on the market? Give it to friends? Or always more breeding?

I exchange them and imperial deliver the spare female. About T8, I don't know what to do. I still don't have a courser and I probably won't get one, but I will keep trying. The ones without breedings left are in the stable until I decide if I smash them or sell them. I will probably exchange them too, I prefer the chance of a new T8 instead of money. 

Posted

I exchange them and imperial deliver the spare female. About T8, I don't know what to do. I still don't have a courser and I probably won't get one, but I will keep trying. The ones without breedings left are in the stable until I decide if I smash them or sell them. I will probably exchange them too, I prefer the chance of a new T8 instead of money. 

This is what I do as well.  Except I still only have the 1 tier 8 so not sure what I'd do if I had more. 

Depends on whether or not the drive for a courser consumes me because I dont buy skill resets or breed resets.  But I would rather have the hellfire horse if I have to go thru ALLLLL that trouble for endgame horse breeding.

Posted

I'll imperial trade up to T7's, unless the T7 is worth over 50mil then I'll breed out first then sell on the horse market.  I still have plenty of characters to gear up (I took a long break from the game), so I still need the money.  While selling horses on the market isn't the best source of income, it helps to people still needing to gear up. Atm I make up to 100mil a day doing various lifeskills and light grinding, so knowing I'll get a nice chunk of change from my horses after breeding them is nice.

T8's on the other hand, I won't sell on the market.  They're just too rare right now, there's no reason to sell for the little they sell for.  They'll be worth even more when T9 awakening launches for us, when everybody and their brother will want one.  My plan right now is to courser enough T8's for all of my play characters.  I'm at 5 right now, just a few more, then I'll stop worrying about their skills and likely stop using skills coupons completely.  Tinkering with skills as you level up works.

Overall as much as we complain about crappy RNG and low breed rates, and how expensive this lifeskill can be, most of us do it because we enjoy it.  I like raising my own horses, naming them, and decking them out for riding, color matching them to the characters.  Money isn't good, but when you have other source of income ingame, whatever you get at the end of the week is just gravy.  Still so many slow mofos out there, every time I blow past a fast T7 it puts a smile on my face lol.  Like I keep saying, once you get S: IA you don't go back :D

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So far my T6 luck has been turning around:

T8B courser x T6R = T6G Female (2 skills)

T8B courser x T6S = T8B Male (S:Back kick first skill)

T7C x T7E = T8D Male (hind kick first skill)

Tomorrow will add my T7xT6 cross and T7 exchange (because potato T7s)

2017-03-21_738404496.PNG

Edited by Leuphe
1 person likes this

Posted

I'll swap your RNG for mine!

Hey my rng wasnt horrid per say with the horses but it wasnt always great either through the tiers I think tier 7 was the worse for me when it first came out. Trick I guess is just truly not care anymore try that, but you have to not care and mean it apparently, that works for me now so far I will see how rng is next breedO.o

Posted

I like to dump my husband in the Heidel river. He's always in the map when hitching a ride

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi there :) I breed horses for long but I wasn't making any serious stats or library for most of time but lately I felt a bit overloaded with t5/6 horses so in a breeding selling way I wanted to get rid off them.  Most of them were born before they even implemented t8 as available foals and t5 in wildness, but now I try to keep an track of what I do around my stables :P I find now horse racing way easier way to obtain a t7 you may level and breed later, than just breeding them from other, lower tiers but I try to mix both ways and expand my t7 count.  Meanwhile I still try to get myself a proper racing set so I could participate in races more frequently. This is how it goes for now:

I column in stats up are the recent horses, down all in gray is library of what and for how much went ahead
II column done breeds/exchanges/planned ones
III upper auto-counter for whole  column I about horses amount, below it counts for all tiers and cathegory values

Cathegories: BF(breed female),BM(breed male), XC(exchange), SE(sell), SD(sold)

Also I cared that all my racers between t2-7 have drift, sprint, instant accel, and sideway-move between t5-t7. I removed/changed every front kick/roar/caution skill from any racing horse I use - I just hated it especially when horse just slowed down and instead insta acc it went fore-chopping -.-

Tomorrow I can at least try after long time to breed again my t7 couple for t8 and may the rng gods be on my side :D

statsyh.png

2017-03-22_1151228893.JPG

2017-03-22_1151259253.JPG

2017-03-22_1151279455.JPG

2017-03-22_1151305598.JPG

2017-03-22_1151323099.JPG

2017-03-22_1151352825.JPG

2017-03-22_1151374980.JPG

Edited by MarvelousBuzz
3 people like this

Posted

Welp 2 more breeds at range 18. T8xT6. Again T6 females :(