• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

I do not know if you guys are already saw this ( didn't been active on forum for so long) this is what wee need to awaken our horses... and its....>:(

Only Pegasus

http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2017/03/07/awakened-horses-tier-9/

We do have that in the FAQ but thanks for posting :)

It's exciting to see things starting to happen and the community gaining a little more momentum. I'm off to see if we've been tamed dry of T4s and T5s yet ... :D Good luck everyone.

Posted

I am doing a couple of T6xT6 lvl 30 breeds right now, will reply back with the results.

Posted

Finally hit Artisan 4 in training! :x

10 people like this

Posted

I am doing a couple of T6xT6 lvl 30 breeds right now, will reply back with the results.

Fingers are crossed :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Good lord... you must be wagon training a lot. I'm at Prof 8, and it's going slooooow... I can't imagine how slow it is at Artisan levels. Although tonight when I'm out looking for T4/T5 wild horses, that may bump it a bit (I rarely tame horses much anymore, I've been lazy and scoop them off the market since T1/T3 breedable horses are so damn cheap).

Posted

Yaaaay!

Posted

Good lord... you must be wagon training a lot. I'm at Prof 8, and it's going slooooow... I can't imagine how slow it is at Artisan levels. Although tonight when I'm out looking for T4/T5 wild horses, that may bump it a bit (I rarely tame horses much anymore, I've been lazy and scoop them off the market since T1/T3 breedable horses are so damn cheap).

When all you do is wagon train, yes it is slow!  After I hit artisan 2 I stopped taming horses.  It took about 4 tames i think to gain a point and I got tired of that and they had reduced the cost of selling horses etc so it wasn't profitable either anymore.  Since then (a few months now) I am a quarter of the way into Artisan 4 from just wagon training.

Even if T5's gave a bigger boost and it only took 2 tames to gain a point....well, with everyone out there taming them, I'd be lucky to see one anyway.  I haven't yet today!

Congrats!  It's a long slow road for sure

Posted

NA/EU Horse FAQ as of March 2017

1.Horse Breeding Calculator and Regional Rating 2The Colour Theory 3.  How to Capture Horses  4Breeding  5. Exchanging Horses                             6Costumes/Elixirs/Value Packs/Outfits  7.Leveling Your Horses and Wagons  8Farming Carrots  9 Auto Looping  10Pearl Items: Skill change coupons, resets  11. Selling Your Horses  12. . Skill Learning and Stat Increases as Your Horse Levels  13.  What is a Potato or Fennel   14.  Solest's Summary of T9 Awakening and Pegasus:  What we Know Now (not in NA/EU yet)

<snipped for brevity>

Far be it for me to add to your volunteer workload... but it may be beneficial to add a "Courser Horses" category to the OP. Perhaps between the Skill Learning and Potato categories. Mainly because the Courser System applies to more than just the T9 horses.

Posted

When all you do is wagon train, yes it is slow!  After I hit artisan 2 I stopped taming horses.  It took about 4 tames i think to gain a point and I got tired of that and they had reduced the cost of selling horses etc so it wasn't profitable either anymore.  Since then (a few months now) I am a quarter of the way into Artisan 4 from just wagon training.

Even if T5's gave a bigger boost and it only took 2 tames to gain a point....well, with everyone out there taming them, I'd be lucky to see one anyway.  I haven't yet today!

Congrats!  It's a long slow road for sure

I am artisan 4 and actualy made 8% today so far while taming mostly T4/T5s and some other horses nows n then x)) 
Idk what am really doing in here xDD its not like I need to fill my stables more but T5 black females are nice :'D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am artisan 4 and actualy made 8% today so far while taming mostly T4/T5s and some other horses nows n then x)) Idk what am really doing in here xDD its not like I need to fill my stables more but T5 black females are nice :'D

By chance, did you sell off or pay attention to the market value of the horses you tamed? Just curious what the average income would be if someone were to go out hunting T4/T5 horses. I have a feeling that a lot more people will be taking up horse taming if the silver per hour is a decent return. It's been a while since I've seen horse pastures contested or empty, but can't help but think they're all barren at the moment from everybody rushing out to nab them. The Balenos and Serendia horses are probably non-existent at the moment since they're accessible to a majority of the populace. 

I know I asked a very similar question earlier, but I'd like to see if anybody's found an average per/hour income if they can reliably nab wild horses at a decent rate.

Sitting here at work is driving me crazy.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Out trading with my first batch of new t5 horses:) managed to snag 7 of them today, 3 fems and 4 males.
But gave up hunting for tonight since most spots were empty now.

Haven't sold any of the t5's but the t4's I caught today all went for 500k - 2mil (or something like that), so Im sure you can make some decent income by being a horse tamer now.

2017-03-08_44386542.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

By chance, did you sell off or pay attention to the market value of the horses you tamed? Just curious what the average income would be if someone were to go out hunting T4/T5 horses. I have a feeling that a lot more people will be taking up horse taming if the silver per hour is a decent return. It's been a while since I've seen horse pastures contested or empty, but can't help but think they're all barren at the moment from everybody rushing out to nab them. The Balenos and Serendia horses are probably non-existent at the moment since they're accessible to a majority of the populace. 

I know I asked a very similar question earlier, but I'd like to see if anybody's found an average per/hour income if they can reliably nab wild horses at a decent rate.

The income isnt that good. You need a horse with good skills to get a better amount if silver. A dumb T5 - if you found one - is still about 300-400k. Grinding for silver is still better.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont think its worth it over grind yea x') sure I mostly got horses with like 3 skills and only 2 T5s had one good aka Drift other one IA also one IA on T4
and thats it most of my T5s and T4s were around like 350k for horse market so cut off some % xD few got to 500k
T4 with IA is 3mil idk how much were T5s
So maybe if you lucky with skills but still to me it took way too long for way too little xDThese 8 black gurls were worth it though >_> pure  T7 here I come lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Far be it for me to add to your volunteer workload... but it may be beneficial to add a "Courser Horses" category to the OP. Perhaps between the Skill Learning and Potato categories. Mainly because the Courser System applies to more than just the T9 horses.

It is actually mentioned in the first paragraph of Question 1: Our regional rating is currently 11.  This rating determines the breeding levels required to get a higher tier horse.  The higher the regional rating, the less levels you need when you breed. Korea is lvl 13. On Feb 15th, a change was made so that certain skilled horses were designated courser, giving them a chance to have foals born with two skills as well as increasing their individual value.  See Q 14 to find out what is required for courser designation..

I just referred peeps to the Solest post for the chart there. :)

Posted

It is actually mentioned in the first paragraph of Question 1: Our regional rating is currently 11.  This rating determines the breeding levels required to get a higher tier horse.  The higher the regional rating, the less levels you need when you breed. Korea is lvl 13. On Feb 15th, a change was made so that certain skilled horses were designated courser, giving them a chance to have foals born with two skills as well as increasing their individual value.  See Q 14 to find out what is required for courser designation..

I just referred peeps to the Solest post for the chart there. :)

No worries. I'd just noticed somebody else asking about courser requirements (because apparently they missed it), and thought it might be something to consider giving it's own category. What would be really nice, is if the forum software this site is using, would allow embedding Google Docs documents within a post (I've seen other forums do it). Then the OP would be updated on the fly by whomever you shared editing rights.

Posted

I am artisan 4 and actualy made 8% today so far while taming mostly T4/T5s and some other horses nows n then x)) Idk what am really doing in here xDD its not like I need to fill my stables more but T5 black females are nice :'D

Haha, I am so tempted to get back to that...but then where will I put all those lovely black horses..... I'd sell some but I'd want to try for higher tier black pures too.

And if the money IS decent....oh boy..... :D

1 person likes this

Posted

A bit of horse community love for the new thread! I was messaged by someone who is part of this forum (think in game name and forum name are different, and I cant remember in game name or forum name >.<) but they wanted to sell me a T7C male level 30 both breeds and reset left and 0 deaths. What a generous and thoughtful thing for them to do. So we got ready and I couldn't buy him as I had taken my wagon out to make space but it still thinks it hasn't got space >.<

Soooo anyway I failed and he was gone :(, a few hours later the same person messages me to let me know that they were at the horse market and managed to snipe a T7E Male level 1 intact breeds and 0 deaths! and asked if I wanted him to make up for not getting the T7C (even though it was my fault) :x

I made sure I had space this time of course and I managed to get him! he will go great with my T7I female emblem I have stored away - this persons kindness really makes me realise this community is the best. Why were they doing this I hear everyone saying? - this person told me that they had reached their horse breeding goals and seeing my bad luck with Thunder and how much ive helped others they thought I deserved help on the road to hopefully getting another T8! (non potato) xD

Oh and that's not all! they have also offered for me to take some T8 male breeds for some of my T6 females... for the small T8 chance (I have some ugly T6s that I want to breed once then sell)

FYI - I'm sorry I cant remember your in game name/forum name lovely horse community person - and you don't have to make yourself known :x

My next breedings: T7E x T7D - T6G x T6J - T7E x T7I (all need to be levelled) so I can level the T6s to 30 to try and test the region rate if its been ninja'd in :ph34r:

I think ive rambled on a bit now and probably time for me to sleep xD

6 people like this

Posted

Stables...overload... ahhhhhhhhhh

Posted (edited)

A bit of horse community love for the new thread! I was messaged by someone who is part of this forum (think in game name and forum name are different, and I cant remember in game name or forum name >.<) but they wanted to sell me a T7C male level 30 both breeds and reset left and 0 deaths. What a generous and thoughtful thing for them to do. So we got ready and I couldn't buy him as I had taken my wagon out to make space but it still thinks it hasn't got space >.<

I've never had that issue come up yet myself, but I'd think that maybe I'd take the wagon with 2 horses to the guard camp just south of Heidel (Eastern Gateway? can't recall if that's correct, but it has a stable) which is a very short jaunt. Check-In, Check-Out. Return to Heidel, and do your Horse Market business.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

When I am selling a horse, I ask the buyer to put their current horse in the stable and then take it out again , before we do the sale, . This makes sure that there is room for the new one, and no forgotten wagon......

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I really need to gear up and grind up levels on my alts, either my Maewha or my new DK, cuz I have this uncanny feeling my 49.99 lifeskiller won't survive simply running through Kamasylve when the T9 addition comes to NA/EU. My highest alt is lvl 52... probably should get on that.

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

I really need to gear up and grind up levels on my alts, either my Maewha or my new DK, cuz I have this uncanny feeling my 49.99 lifeskiller won't survive simply running through Kamasylve when the T9 addition comes to NA/EU. My highest alt is lvl 52... probably should get on that.

Funny you mention that.  My life skiller Tamer and main trainer is 49.99 and I keep wondering what I'll do when that won't work anymore....so just today I started life skilling a bit on my new DK and decided training would be something for her to achieve.  I plan on leveling her to 56 at least.  I only have one level 56, another Tamer, my combat tamer but she has no training. 

I guess I have two options but I am currently enjoying the DK.

Also, I remember when some of the posters were breeding lots to get T2 D's skin?    In my leveling of my new DK's training I bought some T1's to get fast levels and then bred them.  One was at 10 and one was 8 and low and behold out popped the T2 D female.  Now she'll ride that around a bit for some fast training levels.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sigh... I know that horse breeders want to post results in this thread. Simply because we want to compare notes and breeding information. But seriously... I don't know that I'll ever post a T8 result again. The PM's begging to buy, and the angry responses when I politely explain that "Sorry, I'm not selling". Getting a bit old.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

I have finalized a third update to my Courser and and Pegasus Awakening Guide. It has now been separated out into separate sections for ease of access. The information has been updated and two new sections, How can I prepare right now? and FAQ's, have been added. I hope you all find it useful!

Coursers

The Courser mechanism is officially live in the NA/EU servers!! Courser symbols have not been implemented but the bonuses gained for having the required skills have been.

The mechanism mentioned above classifies horses as either courser or non-courser based on what skills they have learned. The skills required for a horse to gain courser status increase as the tier of the horse increases and a horse will automatically be classified as a courser when they learn the required skills. Our version does not yet have courser symbols but in other versions of the game a courser is marked with a gold symbol on their image while a non-courser is marked with a silver symbol.

courser_symbol.thumb.jpg.55a5d3a99ac453f

What are the benefits given to horses that achieve courser status?

• The market price for a courser is increased compared to non-coursers.
  • Breeding two coursers guarantees the foal is born with 2 skills
  • Breeding a courser with a non-courser has a chance of the foal being born with either 1 or 2 skills
  • Courser status does NOT have a chance to increase born skills in a foal attained through exchange
  • Courser status does NOT change the horses speed, accel, turn, or brake percentage

Skills Required for Courser Status:

courser_skills.thumb.png.5a16076dd1da833

Steps to Pegasus Awakening

This mechanism has not yet been implemented into the NA/EU servers.  When it is introduced, players will be able to progress towards awakening a level 30 Tier 8 courser into a Pegasus.

Steps to awaken a lv30 T8 Courser:

1.   Remove all equipment, costume, and inventory items from the horse and stable the horse with Gula at Stonetail Horse  Ranch.  A new option will be available to select from the menu: “Horse Training”

horse_training_option.thumb.jpg.4924ea8f

• Selecting the “Horse Training” option will open a new training window.

new_horse_training_window.thumb.jpg.07d8

2.   There are 3 different training areas: “Physical Training”, “Elegance Training”, and “Technical Training”.

• Each of these training areas can be increased using different materials which you must collect. A single material is equivalent to 1% increase in training.
  • You can get a maximum of 100% in any one of the three training areas.
  • You must get a total of 200% in training from any combination of the three areas before you can proceed. Once training has reached 200% you cannot apply any more of the training items.

new_training_window.thumb.png.92ce259a6d

3.   There are multiple ways in which these materials can be obtained.

• The primary methods of obtaining each item are listed along with the item description in the image below.
  • A single material of your choice can be obtained each day by completing a daily quest picked up at Stonetail Horse Ranch. The quest requires that you capture a wild horse and is completed as soon as you successfully mount the horse; you are not required to register it.
  • All of the items can also be purchased through the marketplace.

Training_Material_Pegasus.thumb.png.737a

4.   The final step needed in order to attempt awakening consists of attaining a single additional material.

• The material is known as “Krogdolo’s Origin Stone” which can be obtained following the details listed in the image above.
  • In addition to the exchange of seals, the Wind and Earth fragments can also be obtained by completing quests in the Kamasilve Region.

5.   Once these steps are completed you can attempt to awaken your tier 8 courser.

• If awakening fails, the 200% training you obtained through collected materials will be reduced back to 0% and you will need to begin awakening training again.
  • Only awakening training % is affected, the horse’s level and skills will not change.
  • You have the option of using 100 cron stones to reduce the training loss instead to 100%.
  • The chance of success is currently estimated by players to be at 1%.
  • If you succeed your horse becomes a Pegasus!!

pegasus.thumb.png.7b8e333b835691603fca77

Pegasus Details

Once you have successfully awakened a Pegasus, what are you left with?

• The first thing you will notice is that your T8 courser has been replaced by a Pegasus of the same name
  • The Pegasus begins at level 1 with a new set of skills and base stats
  • The Pegasus loses the ability to breed

t8_to_t9.thumb.png.4e458a5d88d7ba44fd14c

• The Pegasus is capable of learning skills as it levels like other mounts but has an additional set of skills it can learn which are not available to lower tier horses. These include the following:

awakened_skills.thumb.png.7f9507c2b299d7

• Wings of the Wind and Wings of Freedom are specific to the Pegasus. The other three skills listed can be learned by all three fantasy horses.
  • The Pegasus starts at level 1 with three skills: Double Leap, Wings of the Wind, and Equilibrium Weather
  • Like purebred horses, the Pegasus cannot learn the Two Seater skill
  • Below is an example of the stats and market value of a level 30 Pegasus

Pegasus_30_stats.thumb.jpg.4789d74838494

How can I prepare for a Pegasus right now?

None of the materials necessary to complete awakening training are in our version yet; however, a number of materials which can later be exchanged for awakening training materials are.

Here is a list of ways you can prepare ahead of time:

• Get a T8 courser
    • This is arguably one of the most difficult steps which will either require a lot of luck or a lot of money
    • T8s can become a courser naturally through level up but this occurrence tends to be very rare
    • The most effective way to get a T8 courser is still to use skills change coupons. There is plenty of discussions on the best way to do this if you hunt around the Horse Mega-threads.
    • Buying T8s is also an option but buyer beware because many sellers now request pearl gifts in exchange for T8s and there is a risk of being scammed

• Start Farming
    • Farming byproducts, which you can begin collecting now, can be used in the future to obtain Stonetail Fodder
    • To begin your farming adventure, take a look at this guide here: http://dulfy.net/2016/03/06/black-desert-gardening-and-farming-guide/
    • It is important to remember that byproducts are only obtained through plant breeding (collecting the seeds rather than the produce)
    • Use this chart below to determine what size farms you should have to maximize your planting space based on the amount of contribution points you are willing to dedicate.

Max_Planting_Space.thumb.png.537e7abcefd

• Imperial Delivery
    • The seals you collect through imperial delivery can be saved and exchanged later for Rainbow Fruit Gems
    • This is a very slow method so it is recommended you instead focus more on farming as both will contribute to the same training area
    • If you do wish to pursue these items, this guide will help you get started: http://dulfy.net/2016/08/10/black-desert-imperial-trading-guide/

• Horse Racing
    • Horse Race Seals, which are obtained through horse racing, can later be exchanged for Swaying Wind and Rumbling Earth Fragments
    • This is one of the easiest steps and only requires 50-75 seals per awakening attempt
    • If you would like to pick up horse racing, take a look at this guide here: http://dulfy.net/2016/10/19/black-desert-horse-racing-guide/

• Imperial Training
    • You can collect Shiny Golden Seal - [Imperial Training] now which can later be exchanged for Swaying Wind and Rumbling Earth Fragments
    • These seals can be used in conjunction with Horse Racing Seals or entirely on their own to obtain the fragments and would also only require 50-75 per attempt
    • If you are interested in Imperial Training, take a look at this guide here: http://dulfy.net/2016/08/10/black-desert-imperial-trading-guide/

• Level up!!
    • Many of the items necessary for Pegasus Awakening can be obtained through quests in the Kamasilve Region which is a high level zone. If you want to be able to take advantage of these quests it is highly recommended you get to work reaching those higher levels now.

• Become acquainted with Hunting, Fishing, and Gathering
    • While these three professions do not directly aide progression to Pegasus at this moment, leveling them up now and learning how they work will make it easier when you have to rely on them once the materials are released
    • If in doubt, this master list of guides can help you figure things out: http://dulfy.net/2016/08/05/black-desert-master-guide-list/

FAQ's

• Does my T8 courser require a certain number of breeds left to awaken?
    • No, breeding does not play a role in Pegasus awakening. In fact, you should use your breeds prior to attempting awakening because if you are successful any breeds you had left will be lost.

• Does my T8 courser have to be a certain coat type?
    • No, all T8 coursers are eligible to be awakened regardless of their coat.

• My T8 has X number of deaths, will that affect their awakening?
    • No, there is nothing that suggests that deaths will affect your chance of success or prevent you from attempting awakening.

• I have multiple T8 coursers, which one should I awaken?
    • The best recommendation I can give is to awaken the one that has the least value to you, be that monetary, sentimental, skill, or stat wise. When your horse awakens it will be an entirely new horse and will have no guarantee of turning out smart.
    • Take a look in the Pegasus Details section of this guide for an example of the stats a level 30 Pegasus may have.
    • Dont forget that there will be other Fantasy horses on their way which you can save horses for.

• Will choosing to train different training areas affect the outcome of the awakening, or the skills and stats of the Pegasus?
    • No, the current understanding is that there is no difference which training type you increase. Pick the ones you find easiest to collect items for.

• Will the stats of my T8 affect the stats of my Pegasus?
    • Unfortunately no, your Pegasus will gain stats and skills independent of what you T8 may have had. Your level 30 Pegasus may turn out to be slower or faster than you T8 was. Take a look in the Pegasus Details section of this guide for an example of the stats a level 30 Pegasus may have.

• Do I have to compete in horse racing in order to obtain the final awakening material?
    • No, you can obtain those final materials entirely through Imperial Training Seals if you prefer. Certain quests can also contribute to those items.

• How do I get a Unicorn or a Hell horse?
    • No specific details have yet been released about either of these two fantasy horses. The current speculation is that they will be released individually in two future expansions but whether or not the process to awaken them will be the same, similar, or completely different is not yet known.

The details in this guide are based on information obtained from other versions of the game. The mechanics described may be implemented in part, in their entirety, or not at all for our region.

If you have any further questions or believe I left something important out, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Edit: An updated version of this guide can now be found in the new beta-forums here: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/steed-courser-system-and-pegasus-awakening-tier-9-guide.209/

Edited by Solest
24 people like this

Posted

Breeding results from earlier, all horses are lvl 30, no deaths:

T6B (Male) x T6H (Female) (Breed) = T6R (Male)

T6B (Male) x T6H (Female) (Exchange) = T7F (Male)

T6F (Male) x T6B (Female) (Breed) = T6I (Female)

I'm breeding the above T6F male with another T6 female and will have to do the exchange tomorrow after reset.  Although this small sample appears rather normal for my breedings.  I don't always get a T7 but I tend to get T6 males quite often.