• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't give up girl! Just keep on keepin-on! Eventually it'll happen. Basically keep your best until another best comes along. Not much more that I can say other than "don't give up hope". 'course that probably doesn't sit well on your side when you see first time breeders getting lucky (hell, I was one of them a couple months ago). It'll happen eventually.

And when it does, we'll all celebrate with cupcakes and icecream. :D 

Just don't lose hope.

I told her she should just take a break from breeding for now. It is quite annoying to see newbies coming up and getting all the best crap in the first go, but maybe they rigged it that way to keep those people spending money by showing them "the good life".

All part of their little money making scheme..

But either way, everybody needs a break from certain things from time to time.

2 people like this

Posted

I told her she should just take a break from breeding for now. It is quite annoying to see newbies coming up and getting all the best crap in the first go, but maybe they rigged it that way to keep those people spending money by showing them "the good life".

All part of their little money making scheme..

But either way, everybody needs a break from certain things from time to time.

Might be conspiracy theory on my part, but oh well.. I'm convinced that anybody in this thread that professes a crazy luck in breeding T8's  aren't actually breeders. They're horse racers with tons of boxes to open. Then "claim" they bred them. I don't care what anybody says... no way in hell you breed a consistent and sustainable supply of T8 horses. No way in hell. You might get lucky for one week of breeding, but the law of averages simply doesn't support it. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was working with T6 and T5 horses, and no combination of them, or level results in T5 being completely bred out of the equation (though god I wish it did). The minimum percentage for T5 from two T6 horses, or two level thirty T6/T5 horse combination pairings is 12% according to the calculator, so I think I just got very unlucky, though I do acknowledge I absolutely gave myself more opportunity by not leveling them up higher and taking the leap against my better judgement.

On the calculator it doesn't show this for sure, however when breeding T5xT6 or T6xT6, I have never received received a single T5 back when leveling all horses to 30. It's nearly always T6 females for me with a few T6 males now and then. I'm sure other people have had the same results? When breeding in the lower breeding bracket however, bracket 15 I think, T5 females made up the majority of results for me.

I'm generally under the impression that the calculator is accurate when giving the minimum/maximum possibilities however not accurate with the percentages. For myself at least I'm sitting at 0% T5s from 30+ breeds in bracket 16. I'm positive that I also read in a post a while back, a GM had indicated that our percentages don't follow the current calculator, as it was datamined results from another client... The Russian one I think? So whilst breeding rates were changed, they weren't identical. I think it's just used as a guideline for most really, though a more experienced breeders opinion would be good here too. When looking at the T7xT7 breedings for example, T6s are only supposed to be the result a quarter of the time and that hasn't been the general consensus in the forums for a few months.

Like I mentioned before, if you don't want heartaches, don't do exchanges or you'll be disappointed more often than not.  Unless you're one of those ultra lucky people.

Also if you stop spending money on breeding resets, you'll find yourself not losing any money, therefore results don't hurt as bad if you don't get optimal results.  

I started to do this last night, however by the time I'd hit my 4th T6, I realised there was much greater potential for it all to end in tears than good things and I'm glad I never went all in with coupons as originally intended. I'd wrongly thought I might've managed to pull  3 - 4 T7s back out of the 4 T7s going in, but early indications said no it's a straight up regression machine. :P I don't think it's just that the game doesn't reward you, I think it's deliberately set to extend your gameplay time, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. The problem is with the cash shop items and how it works, you immediately hit that gambler's fallacy mentality where you start to think, 4 or 5 bad results but surely the next one will be good. I don't mind it as much, having experienced it before in games. For many people who have avoided any type of gambling in their life and never expected it out of a purchased game though, i can see where it would start being a problem.

snip

snip

I'm super super sorry guys, I know the sucky feeling when you've invested so much into it all. I've only managed 6 breeds in the higher brackets @ 3 months in now, so I am not entirely qualified to say it, but I think the majority of people in here will understand where you're coming from. I'm going to attempt to be as distant from the whole thing as I can and solely breed to stockpile a few T7s and switch to fishing/processing until the rates go up. It's just so harsh when they offer it up as a profession and you invest into it believing you'll find it enjoyable, only to be forced to do something else entirely as the outcome is vastly worse than any of the other options.

Edited by Kaythulu
1 person likes this

Posted

Might be conspiracy theory on my part, but oh well.. I'm convinced that anybody in this thread that professes a crazy luck in breeding T8's  aren't actually breeders. They're horse racers with tons of boxes to open. Then "claim" they bred them. I don't care what anybody says... no way in hell you breed a consistent and sustainable supply of T8 horses. No way in hell. You might get lucky for one week of breeding, but the law of averages simply doesn't support it. 

If you are bored, you could partly prove it, if someone claims a breed that is not supported by color theory, longshot but they may not have been paying attention lol. As to the people giving up. I still have yet to breed into T8, I am playing other aspects, afk-ing wagonloads for days at time and generally just taking a long view. It will be when it will be. The moment I focus on "I need a T8 courser" is the moment all if it will fall in on me and crush my hopes.

Posted

@Astrid do take a break. I did since the races started in October. Just started breeding again recently and no t8. I'm happy atm with t7s. But with the break I'm not as pissed for now. When you are ready let me know and I'll send you another discord invite. Gonna miss ya in there. ❤

Posted (edited)

@Astrid do take a break. I did since the races started in October. Just started breeding again recently and no t8. I'm happy atm with t7s. But with the break I'm not as pissed for now. When you are ready let me know and I'll send you another discord invite. Gonna miss ya in there. ❤

Thank you - and everyone else for their suggestions.

The thing is I originally played on KR two years ago and I played BDO for just under a year (stopped as trying to translate everything got a bit boring) and I was massively into horses/breeding.

For me Horses IS the main thing for me which is probably why I'm getting so upset about the 10+ attempts to get a T7 now/T8 when breeding T7s.....

Ive had more luck getting T8s from boxes (max has 14 skills at level 30 and my T8C has 10 skills at level 28.....)

I know that everyone here has bad luck RNG within some aspect of the game, for me its just taking its toll too much. I know T9s are gonna be hellish to aquire but I cant even attempt to try as I don't have the right T8.

I afk wagon ride horses at night and fish during the day (need memory frags!) my active time playing I grind/trade/quest/racing and sometimes pop in on horse spawns... I have tried to fill my time up with other things (aiming for level 60)

Again I'm gonna sound 100% salty but it does piss me off when new breeders get T8s (multiple) after their first few breeds and they learn 16+ skills - or when they manage to get T7s with the lowest % possible. But what really reaaaaally annoys me is when new breeders cry of a 'rate increase' Honestly what the actual F - try playing since launch when YOU didn't care about horse breeding and when spawns were contested/no auto loop/lower rates then now!!

I don't care if I sound salty - welcome new breeders and enjoy all of the luck which us long time breeders no longer have!

- They can take the reins from me now -

Edited by Aastrid
3 people like this

Posted

If you are bored, you could partly prove it, if someone claims a breed that is not supported by color theory, longshot but they may not have been paying attention lol. As to the people giving up. I still have yet to breed into T8, I am playing other aspects, afk-ing wagonloads for days at time and generally just taking a long view. It will be when it will be. The moment I focus on "I need a T8 courser" is the moment all if it will fall in on me and crush my hopes.

Has nothing to do with color theory in the least. Color theory has zero impact on it. Some people are claiming 2-3 T8's week after week, which is just crazy abnormally above the average of die-hard full-time breeders. I mean, we're talking stupid mega-million powerball odds of winning 3 days a week, week after week. No way in hell any single breeder is that lucky. Only way anybody even has that many opportunities is from an inventory full of horse racing rewards. No matter how generous one may be with the law of averages, no one single breeder ever gets that lucky week after week. Maybe one week in a month or two, but not consistently week after week.

Posted

what i need is stop being lazy and tend to those farms xD 

81! 

B1EV3BU.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

seems i will be forced to have 10x10 fences at some point :( those worker will be slacking without nodes.

good find.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

Just got my first T8!! Praying he doesn't turn out to be a potato (also sorry for the name, probably should've picked a unisex one xD oh well)2017-03-25_195806752.thumb.JPG.3cbd54533

exchanged these two (thank you to whoever sold the t7m on the market!! had been waiting for days for someone to put one up just so i could use this t6f for something)

2017-03-25_193225276.thumb.JPG.2022a44e4

2 people like this

Posted

Bad breeding results should result in anger, frustration, tearing hair out and mighty cursing of  BDO and its RNG, not lucky new breeders, in my opinion.  I'll pass out the party hats, because sooner or later, I will be passing out the kleenex box....and if people get their horses out of racing boxes, that doesn't bother me either.  It is a game mechanic and those racers suffer from some pretty bad rng too.  I raced enough to get three boxes total, it is time consuming.  I don'r know they keep doing it tbh.

Posted

seems i will be forced to have 10x10 fences at some point :( those worker will be slacking without nodes.

good find.

looks like only 2 weeks left till next doomsday =\ 

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh yeah since I already bought breed resets for the male and female (T8xT6), I just had to use it and do the last breed so I can get it over with. and yup ANOTHER T6 female.

rip 200m that I could have gotten from breed market and welcome T6!

Posted

Oh yeah since I already bought breed resets for the male and female (T8xT6), I just had to use it and do the last breed so I can get it over with. and yup ANOTHER T6 female.

rip 200m that I could have gotten from breed market and welcome T6!

Ugh.. that's just rough, crazy bad luck.  My T7 30's today also resulted in a T6 lol.

Posted

Well Bonney my T8 I got from a racing box has just turned level 29 and learnt Quick Stop - officially the T8 with the most skills ive ever had, now has 15 - Although she is missing Sprint/S: IA/Sideays & S: Sideways.... oh well

Posted (edited)

I was indeed on auto-ing on a road near Velia. Normally I stay on Velia channels but I've crashed a couple of times on there recently so I thought I'd try out Bal and see how it goes.

Well it seems you did ok with no lockups since I also noticed your wagon finally broke and you were poking along like a turtle :D Well that might explain why so many people are logging my home server then sigh

Ok I'm done with this now - anyone need T6s let me know

All 10 previous Breeds/Exchanges have been T6s (tried T6xT6 / T7xT7 & T8/T6 = all T6s)

I'm done with this now - when new breeders come along and get a T8 first go and to add insult to injury its also a corser first go or within 2 coupons (salt I know) but its really bugging me how everyone else (apart from a few people) are able to get T7/T8 atleast every other breeding.

Offically have 2 T7 males left... they are now all T6s (have emblems from racing though) for now I'm just gonna level T6s and breed them - not expecting anything higher than T6.

Willing to sell horse stock Male/Female T6s

T6 fail.png

I feel your pain been there done that got the t-shirt  I had hell when trying to get tier 7 when they first came out the rest of the tier's were off and on bad but not like that one it was a nightmare I was like the last person in this thread to even get a tier 7 horse at all.

Maybe like everyone said take a break from actual breeding for a bit I did that and just leveled all of my horses Im just now finally doing a breed clearance on them but it took me a couple of months to level all of these and I still have a few more to go which basically gave me a break sort of. So just level horses for now and dont worry about breeding and try other things in game for a bit while leveling the current ones, then maybe just do a giant breed extravaganza when finished, hope ya dont completely quit though :(

I personally dont buy breed resets or skill coupons on the norm I have bought 3 skill coupons(and used my free one) in a year and one breed reset so I can proudly say I dont contribute to them not raising the breed rates.

Edited by Tabri

Posted

Hey guys! I don't know if anyone remembers me. Stopped playing around June last year, and came back in February. Finally decided to breed my two T7 horses (one is a purebred red). Also brought one of my T6 mares to breed with my T7 male when I failed to get any new T7 foals. Here are the results.

2017-03-25 19_41_00-My Breeding.xlsx - Excel.png

Posted

Took me 26 times breeding t6s to finally get a t7. But at least I never got a t4 from 2 lvl 30 t6s 😂

Right now I'm lvling all t7s up and only breeding the potato's. I've got so many t6s from racing to lvl and plus trying to lvl other tiers. I went from having one 1 t5 courser with 1 breed to now having 2 t7 coursers. Sadly I had to sacrifice 3 t8s to get those. 

I know I won't get lucky and get a t8. So I just hope for a t7 and beg the parents as I put them in the stall. I  havent of course gotten some to listen. I've ended up with a bunch more t6s lately than I want. Least most are female and I pile them up to lvl one day. 

Posted

Has nothing to do with color theory in the least. Color theory has zero impact on it. Some people are claiming 2-3 T8's week after week, which is just crazy abnormally above the average of die-hard full-time breeders. I mean, we're talking stupid mega-million powerball odds of winning 3 days a week, week after week. No way in hell any single breeder is that lucky. Only way anybody even has that many opportunities is from an inventory full of horse racing rewards. No matter how generous one may be with the law of averages, no one single breeder ever gets that lucky week after week. Maybe one week in a month or two, but not consistently week after week.

I meant, if they come in here and say a t7 blah and a t7 blah gave me a t8 blah that is impossible with current color theory. I know color theory has nothing to do with getting t8's save purebreds, I am saying you think they are bs-ing, if they are and claim x+y=z and it is not possible, it could go to proving your tinfoil hat theory.

Simply put if they claim z horse came from x+y and those colors could not give z horse it would show it was a bs claim to have bred it, an extreme longshot but it was your tinfoil hat theory. Only way I could think of to add weight to it. That is all.

Posted

Reading the thread it's really depressing how much the RNG system is screwed, it really is beginning to look a lot like it's rigged.
Not even getting into the Training lifeskill, that's just flat out obnoxious.
One thing I really learned from reading all of this is that I'm glad I didn't buy the costume or any breed resets, the RNG is simply too much even if you stack everything you possibly can in your favour. Top it off with shitty income from these horses and it's GG.
I'm not trying to rub salt or anything but you guys and your breed info helped me refrain from purchasing all these resets and I'm very gratefull. I'll do it all the old fashioned way with no costume and no resets, if I get a courser I get it GG. I'm waiting for the unicorn anyway....
----- RNG and ----- their blatant cashgrab.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I dont know if it's me, but right after maint 22/03 my foals r just way too good, Im scared to breed my t7s and get 0 with this luck on t5-6 horses. So I wish good luck o/ But I feel like there is some ninja rate increase...

ScreenShot_20170326072815.png

Also I want to confirm that already now on EU u can get foal level 1 with 2 (!!) skills. It was my 1st female out of breeding u can see above.

ScreenShot_20170326070031.png

Edited by Cersia
1 person likes this

Posted

Reading the thread it's really depressing how much the RNG system is screwed, it really is beginning to look a lot like it's rigged.
Not even getting into the Training lifeskill, that's just flat out obnoxious.
One thing I really learned from reading all of this is that I'm glad I didn't buy the costume or any breed resets, the RNG is simply too much even if you stack everything you possibly can in your favour. Top it off with shitty income from these horses and it's GG.
I'm not trying to rub salt or anything but you guys and your breed info helped me refrain from purchasing all these resets and I'm very gratefull. I'll do it all the old fashioned way with no costume and no resets, if I get a courser I get it GG. I'm waiting for the unicorn anyway....
----- RNG and ----- their blatant cashgrab.

I decided early on this course. It has saved me a few tears. Not all of them as my title suggests. I have one breed reset from the Conqueror t5 compensation I am saving for a T7 breed beyond that. I may, just may do skill reset if and when I get a T8 and it happens to get enough to cross my own personal threshold of it being worth it. I would wish for a T8 courser to try for the t9, eventually. I would suggest if possible, for those frustrated look to what you have, beautiful T7's, some with T8's remember why you started and what it was like, the discovery and the excitement and there was not really an endgame beyond getting more horses. It is what keeps me going and saves my frustration. Beyond that, enjoy other parts of the game, I finally got an awakened character and that was fun, I am enjoying the DK, I am cooking, farming etc and playing the enchant game with my equipment. It is a beautiful game, with beautiful horses, a combat system I am in love with.

And again, so many nice horses and a breeding system I have never seen the likes of. I am still going and focusing as much as I can on that, may even change my own goals and try to breed for every Clydesdale/shire horse type there is. May even look at doing some racing. Getting too tied too deep into one thing would have burnt me out long ago. Take a break, enjoy one of the best communities I have come across in a game, the breeders.

3 people like this

Posted

Snippy

exactly. I'm addicted to upgrading alchemy stones. I have also been working on my other life skills while doing training but I'll focus more on all the others now :P time to take a deep breath and enjoy it as it is.

2 people like this

Posted

exactly. I'm addicted to upgrading alchemy stones. I have also been working on my other life skills while doing training but I'll focus more on all the others now :P time to take a deep breath and enjoy it as it is.

Alchemy stones are proving to be a fun (if RNG and etc method) little distraction - though I'm finally done with mine, got it to a sharp life stone @o@

Posted

Don't have much to show off. T8D bought at low lvl from a friend, my T8A was from box races, as it's my main horse as well...

c4339be3dc.png

*sigh* The T8E isn't smart at all, has 13 skills and I did the forechop method... for nothing at all. He's missing S:IA / both sideways to be courser.

1 person likes this