• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

My experience with T8 and T6 breeds is all T6 female except 1T6 male... (3% chance says the calculator.....¬¬)

Posted

I tend to split T8's up so I get more breeds with T8's.  Like rather than breed T8 to T8, I would use T8 male and breed with T7/T6 females, then T8 female with T7 male.  Rumors suggest you may get more T8 foals if one of the parents is a T8.  But of course when you see the T8xT8 results that kinda debunks it, or does it?  lol I have no idea!

From what I observed T8+T8 combo indeed has quite high chance of giving another T8. Before trying that myself I observed people here and a few of my friends who bred them. The output of T8 from that seemed to be around 50%  Then I did it too and also got T8.

However it was my only attempt and I wanted max chances. Otherwise I might also try T8+T7 combos instead.

Posted

From what I observed T8+T8 combo indeed has quite high chance of giving another T8. Before trying that myself I observed people here and a few of my friends who bred them. The output of T8 from that seemed to be around 50%  Then I did it too and also got T8.

However it was my only attempt and I wanted max chances. Otherwise I might also try T8+T7 combos instead.

I think if you count the exchanges, that's probably true, as I do see lots of people getting their T8 with exchanges.  Nevyah for an example, and someone else from last week.  For me I don't do exchanges, and all of my T8's so far are coursers so there's no way I'm killing them off lol.  Can't say I've done T8xT6 myself, I go for T8xT7 and have so far been fairly lucky with it.

Posted (edited)

I tend to split T8's up so I get more breeds with T8's.  Like rather than breed T8 to T8, I would use T8 male and breed with T7/T6 females, then T8 female with T7 male.  Rumors suggest you may get more T8 foals if one of the parents is a T8.  But of course when you see the T8xT8 results that kinda debunks it, or does it?  lol I have no idea!

Pretty much do what works for you in the end.  Congrats on the T8 exchange, although it kinda sucks you had to kill two T8's to get 1 back.  This game...

I've not yet had the luxury of having an opportunity to breed two T8's (Of the 5 I've had, all were males). But I think I'd probably tend to not breed T8's with each other either, unless I had a surplus of them. You can get more shots at new T8's by breeding them with T7's, or T6's, because a T8xT8 breed gives one shot whereas two T8xT7 gives you two opportunities. I have no qualms with breeding a T8/30 with a T6/30, since it's the same breeding range as a T8/30 x T7/25, though I may look at the color theory as a final decision.

As well, I've exchanged one T8 (it was with a T7,, and wound up paying off with another T8C), and might do so again in the future. But that one exchange was mainly because it was not a courser, the stats kinda stunk, and I already have a T8C that is within spitting distance to being the best a T8C can possibly be as my personal keeper (missing only 1 skill out of all available skills, and very lucky with the speed/accel/braking/turn stats). That being said though, I'd have to weigh several options before doing it again (the main reasons being that it'd have to be a spud that I wouldn't wish upon friends/guildmates looking to buy, or because I still have something better).

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

Sorry in advance if my post remembers the last 5 things i have replied to

Took a sabbatical about a 5 weeks ago to try afk fishing because MOVEMENT was what triggered my desyncs and reloads and disconnects while afk training

Making alot of coin but i was so sad that in 5 weeks my fishing level passed my training level ... so 5 weeks fishing > 12 months training as far as level ... now an artisan 7 fisher started at apprentice 5 weeks ago ... whereas an artisan ONE level gain takes about a month ... definitely believe that different people were in charge of developing the lifeskills

Have the desyncs fixed themselves yet? 

Edited by coach

Posted

Not that I have seen. This makes three nights in a row I have left the horse to train, only to wake up and see that it had only gone up half a level before reloading (it has been absolutely atrocious as of late, happening around every thirty minutes or so).

Initially I thought it was because I was on a crowded channel, but even on less touched channels I am still seeing the same problems (since I think it's really all the same server).

Posted

Found enough lvled T7 female today in one of my stables and bred with T8

8tZQJUi.jpg

IDK whether I should complain or not.. I get this skin for a 3rd time. Well, at least it's not a T6.  Still have one more T7 female to try, but need to lvl her first.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry in advance if my post remembers the last 5 things i have replied to

Took a sabbatical about a 5 weeks ago to try afk fishing because MOVEMENT was what triggered my desyncs and reloads and disconnects while afk training

Making alot of coin but i was so sad that in 5 weeks my fishing level passed my training level ... so 5 weeks fishing > 12 months training as far as level ... now an artisan 7 fisher started at apprentice 5 weeks ago ... whereas an artisan ONE level gain takes about a month ... definitely believe that different people were in charge of developing the lifeskills

Wow, that makes me sad too that training levels take so long!  I was just thinking about the fishing and movement aspects or non movement for fishing, wondering if fishing experienced any stops so that answers that.

Desync seems to be bad right now, I blame the Cherry Blossom trees, just like the Autumn trees, they brought havoc to my loops.  Though I have to say I am having lag doing anything and everything and lots of load screens that ruin my loops.  Can't get anywhere since the last patch.

Posted

Wow, that makes me sad too that training levels take so long!  I was just thinking about the fishing and movement aspects or non movement for fishing, wondering if fishing experienced any stops so that answers that.

Desync seems to be bad right now, I blame the Cherry Blossom trees, just like the Autumn trees, they brought havoc to my loops.  Though I have to say I am having lag doing anything and everything and lots of load screens that ruin my loops.  Can't get anywhere since the last patch.

I kind of wondered about that due to the particle effects and extra items to be loaded, but my lag out spots have been well away from those areas on paths. Has anyone tried turning graphics all the way down and seeing if it helps with the desync issues at all?

If not, I will be trying that myself as soon as I get home to see if it helps alleviate the issue.

Posted

I don't have problems on the even Valencia channels.  Everywhere else tho, since the patch, has been bad in the evenings at least.  Not just auto-looping.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My boy at lvl 18 so far :D I'm actually pretty proud of him because I was worried that he would become a potato but 12/20 skills with still 12 levels to go is quite good! He's learned a skill after every level for the past 4 or 5 levels. What's even better is that all he has left to learn are the good skills (IA, Sprint, Sideways, S:IA, S:Sideways, and Two Seater) so if he learns more skills (I would hope that he doesn't just stop now) I have a chance of getting a smart baby. He was like a little gift to me (got him yesterday on my 18th bday). Really hoping he learns at least 15-17 skills!

Also decided that, if he becomes as smart as I hope he will, I'm going to change his name to Orion.

2017-03-27_363590787.JPG

Edited by Namoo
5 people like this

Posted

Happy birthday and nice horse you got there.  Best wishes on learning rest of his skills.  If you're into skills resets, I would recommend waiting until he stops learning skills for 2 levels, then swap Fore Chop or Hind Kick out.  Looks like you're guaranteed a good skill, so it'll be a good usage of coupon.

If not, then ride on!

Posted

As well, I've exchanged one T8 (it was with a T7,, and wound up paying off with another T8C), and might do so again in the future. But that one exchange was mainly because it was not a courser, the stats kinda stunk, and I already have a T8C that is within spitting distance to being the best a T8C can possibly be as my personal keeper (missing only 1 skill out of all available skills, and very lucky with the speed/accel/braking/turn stats). That being said though, I'd have to weigh several options before doing it again (the main reasons being that it'd have to be a spud that I wouldn't wish upon friends/guildmates looking to buy, or because I still have something better).

Yeah, I know, quoting myself... but I found it ironic that I just exchanged a T8 right after my spiel... it was a potato and out of breeds. Last breed... bleh. Exchange... Cha-Ching!

bdoRecentBreedingResults.jpeg

Posted

Yeah, I know, quoting myself... but I found it ironic that I just exchanged a T8 right after my spiel... it was a potato and out of breeds. Last breed... bleh. Exchange... Cha-Ching!

Hmmmm looks as though I need a female to use the breeds on my T8C (10 skills at level 28....)

Posted

Congrats, definitely seeing a trend of T8's resulting from exchanges.

Posted

Happy birthday and nice horse you got there.  Best wishes on learning rest of his skills.  If you're into skills resets, I would recommend waiting until he stops learning skills for 2 levels, then swap Fore Chop or Hind Kick out.  Looks like you're guaranteed a good skill, so it'll be a good usage of coupon.

If not, then ride on!

Yep, I was planning to do that! This is my only T8 and it'll be awhile before I can breed for another one (only have a bunch of T6s now and 1 T7) so I'm hoping he'll be good to me and be the only T8 I'll even need. Definitely gonna use skill change coupons once he gets closer to level 30.

Also, thank you for the birthday wishes!

Posted (edited)

Interesting... just realized that I've never yet bred a T7 Male.

bdoResultsByTierAndGender.jpeg

bdoPercentagesByRangeTierGender.jpeg

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Interesting... just realized that I've never yet bred a T7 Male.

bdoResultsByTierAndGender.jpeg

Be interesting to see a pie chart like that with the accumulated data in this and the last thread, maybe even from before and after rate increase. I am too lazy to do it though. I know there is a spreadsheet with nearly a thousand breeding results on it from the old thread.

Posted

First t8 to get trained has been quite good, only missing Sprint, Sideways, S:Sideways.

T8B is my magical good skill skin, even though it is kinda uuugly...

No brand, but w/ CS costume.

2017-03-27_113204070.PNG

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow grats on the A+B=E exchange! That sure was a hefty gamble glad to hear it paid off.

Nice work so far on the 8A Namoo, and grats :)

The male 8D I'm levelling is a couple lvls and skills behind, but I feel it's going better than the 8D female from the racing boxes. But then both aren't even lvl 20 yet I need to just avoid watching the skills as they level haha.. especially since I've seen the last minute potato reach lvl 22 and learn 6 skills out of the 8 chances.

Mainly rushing the male since I left a 7I female no mate to breed with, think I decided to sell her intended mate at 2/4 breeds instead of resetting or something.

Posted

I don't have problems on the even Valencia channels.  Everywhere else tho, since the patch, has been bad in the evenings at least.  Not just auto-looping.

Oh my god, thank you for this. I managed to get a solid 3 hours tonight during prime time. I did turn down all of my graphics to the bare bones, as a side note, but not worrying about the desyncs really took a lot of stress of training. Almost to Professional now!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I couldn't resist the temptation... 9_9

T8A (lvl 30 no deaths) + T8B (lvl 30 no deaths) = T7E / T7B (both males)

After think about it for 1 minute (T8female had all skills except charge, IA, S:IA) I decided to sacrifice them (250kk+ in total) = T8E :x

Finally ! xD

And now, what is the fore chop trick to take better skills? ^_^

GZ for your T8E (the pure white)

The trick to get a T8E is how many white pigment the parents have. Your T8A have 0-6-3 (Red-White-Black) and your
T8B have 2-4-3. It give total 2-Red, 10-White, 6-Red. To have a chance to get a pure white T8, the T8E (0-8-0) you need have at least 8-White from parents. So from your combo of pigment you have a chance to get it... and you get it. :D
So, for all you who want have chance for a T8E, you need have at least 8-White to have any chance.

For my T7, I always save my T7I (0-5-3), T7D (0-5-3) and T7B (0-7-0) to breeding with each, never breeding them with the other horses what have less white pigments.

Edited by Shinee

Posted

While happy about it, I am also salty. A friend just got their first T7 after two weeks of breeding. From a t5 pair. A female to boot lol. The journey to my first T7 was soooo long and now it is a skip and a jump. Great for new trainers but...While happy it stings hehe.

1 person likes this

Posted

While happy about it, I am also salty. A friend just got their first T7 after two weeks of breeding. From a t5 pair. A female to boot lol. The journey to my first T7 was soooo long and now it is a skip and a jump. Great for new trainers but...While happy it stings hehe.

One of my guildies started playing back a few months ago, so he bought a few horses from the marketplace to participate in races. His first box was a T8A male and his third one a T8C female. He stopped after that because he was sure we were going to kill him. Not a breeder at all. We love him and hate him at the same time, it's so funny xD

Posted (edited)

One of my guildies started playing back a few months ago, so he bought a few horses from the marketplace to participate in races. His first box was a T8A male and his third one a T8C female. He stopped after that because he was sure we were going to kill him. Not a breeder at all. We love him and hate him at the same time, it's so funny xD

Im back on the T6A boxes now xD 

I have opened 28 boxes so far and ive had the following:

2x T8 (Both E one of each gender) 

11x T7 (5 female & 6 male including T7A female and T7C male) 

15x T6 (10 female & 5 male various skins) 

Ive had more luck from these than ive had from breeding, now I have a corser I should maybe start saving the racing seals instead of getting boxes. Or maybe for every 2 seals i save one for awakening and one for  a box? Idk i look forward to the boxes as its fun but i know i should save them xD 

Im not very good with numbers/ratio so idk if my boxes have had good luck or not - like your friend Aeryeen theyve already had 2 T8s in three boxes... And ive had two in 28 (was boxes number 9 & 25)

Edited by Aastrid