• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Im back on the T6A boxes now xD 

I have opened 28 boxes so far and ive had the following:

2x T8 (Both E one of each gender) 

11x T7 (5 female & 6 male including T7A female and T7C male) 

15x T6 (10 female & 5 male various skins) 

Ive had more luck from these than ive had from breeding, now I have a corser I should maybe start saving the racing seals instead of getting boxes. Or maybe for every 2 seals i save one for awakening and one for  a box? Idk i look forward to the boxes as its fun but i know i should save them xD 

Im not very good with numbers/ratio so idk if my boxes have had good luck or not - like your friend Aeryeen theyve already had 2 T8s in three boxes... And ive had two in 28 (was boxes number 9 & 25)

how did you get so many boxes? :P you attend every race?

Posted

Funnily enough no xD i dont have a T2 or T4 racer... And i only stay on one racing channel :) unless im only a couple of seals away then ill change and do a race on a different channel - my little goal is 1 weekend box and 1 midweek box. Someone on my server basically wins every race and they saved up 1.5k seals and made them into boxes (didnt take them very long) but they also channel hop to other races. If i done that then maybe i would get more. Buuuuut then i wouldnt be doing anything else xD 

Posted

Im not very good with numbers/ratio so idk if my boxes have had good luck or not - like your friend Aeryeen theyve already had 2 T8s in three boxes... And ive had two in 28 (was boxes number 9 & 25)

Almost same here. I think I've opened 27 or 28 boxes and I got two T8s (T8B female and T8C male). That would be less than a 10%, while I've got 15% success by breeding to get T8s (5). 

I haven't raced too much lately because I've been leveling my last one. It's not that I want to stop, but I would love to get the horse I need for T9 after a whole year of taming, breeding and racing :$

Posted

Almost same here. I think I've opened 27 or 28 boxes and I got two T8s (T8B female and T8C male). That would be less than a 10%, while I've got 15% success by breeding to get T8s (5). 

I haven't raced too much lately because I've been leveling my last one. It's not that I want to stop, but I would love to get the horse I need for T9 after a whole year of taming, breeding and racing :$

Ive managed to breed T8A/B/C myself since release of the T8s and had two T8Es from the boxes - i love racing (even if i dont always win xD ) for me if i try breeding and the boxes it gives me a better chance of getting a T8 - seeing as my horse RNG from breeding has been absolutely dang awful recently (majority of my T7s are now T6s! -.- ) 

Although i did manage to get my Muskans to TRI on the second attempt (failed TRI back to PRI - managed to DUO on second go and then straight to TRI) i think the horse universe is telling me i should be focusing on my gear atm xD 

Posted (edited)

Dunno about the EU server, but on NA I've been seeing a lot more T6/T7 and the occasional T8 popping up on the horse market pretty regularly again. And sometimes with breeds still intact. 

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Haha, we have a few players whose main goal each day is to get at least 1 box a day. Its super fun when the times line up right, I even do streams when i have time to do a few rotations of all the channels

Posted

Haha, we have a few players whose main goal each day is to get at least 1 box a day. Its super fun when the times line up right, I even do streams when i have time to do a few rotations of all the channels

ah I see, do you have an SSD? My screen loads up too slow for races.

Posted

Dunno about the EU server, but on NA I've been seeing a lot more T6/T7 and the occasional T8 popping up on the horse market pretty regularly again. And sometimes with breeds still intact. 

I just visit a few times / day the horse market (EU). In the early morning are a few T6/T7, but they also sold in a few minutes. I just saw a single T8 there. 

Posted

NA also has a stock of fragments. In EU I see T6 constantly, T7's every 10mins maybe. T8 max 1 a day.

i spend atleast 4 sessions of 10minutes constant clicking/refreshing a day

Posted

I think you two are very lucky. First time I saved 1,000 seals (20 boxes) got nothing (few t7s, rest t6). My very first T8 was on my 37th box. :P

Posted

I love horses. I think I've had the best time ever now that I am quitting with breeding, while I was breeding my last ones I leveled a T7 female to breed with the last T8.

And this happened

9a646448375e178e0c989c225dc39ade.png

And no I don't do rerolls on T7's, this one made itself, it was only level 25.

Then I started on leveling the horse I am gonna use for pegasus, and this happened with only 3 rerolls used <3
It's a nice goodbye to breeding at least ^^

6f9df3548c18e194225553c654eb2977.png

3 people like this

Posted

I love horses. I think I've had the best time ever now that I am quitting with breeding, while I was breeding my last ones I leveled a T7 female to breed with the last T8.

And this happened

9a646448375e178e0c989c225dc39ade.png

And no I don't do rerolls on T7's, this one made itself, it was only level 25.

Then I started on leveling the horse I am gonna use for pegasus, and this happened with only 3 rerolls used <3
It's a nice goodbye to breeding at least ^^

6f9df3548c18e194225553c654eb2977.png

Please send me your extra leftover breeding RNG please xD :x 

Posted

I would like an invite to the Breeder/Trainer Discord - who do I contact?
Also - is there such a thing as a Discord for Horse Racing (EU)?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I have really specific question and as a fellow training aficionados i hope someone has gone through what i am planning. I will be asking about training experience as a life skill only, not about horse experience. People have misunderstood me and started to talk about venia riding attire and so on.

So basically i am taming horses from the wild to level up my Training life skill. This costume Trainer's Clothes sold by Luxury vendors gives 10% to training experience. Now if i would to buy Equipment Tailoring Coupon for 1500 pearls and make [Costume] Trainer's Clothes i could, in theory, get 20% Training experience due to fact that i can essentially wear the same item twice.

Now before i spend 1500 pearls i am concerned, that since it is the same Item effect, experience won't add up but will be overridden and i will only get 10%.

I would be really grateful if someone can give me an answer or has actually done it themselves. 

P.S I have ticket open with support but have not received an answer in 2 weeks other than that they are busy.

Edited by Dzessito

Posted

Ive managed to breed T8A/B/C myself since release of the T8s and had two T8Es from the boxes - i love racing (even if i dont always win xD ) for me if i try breeding and the boxes it gives me a better chance of getting a T8 - seeing as my horse RNG from breeding has been absolutely dang awful recently (majority of my T7s are now T6s! -.- )

Although I haven't raced much lately. One great thing about racing was that it gave my breeding something extra to target and not just a journey for 1 ultimate horse.

Getting seals with a full stable of self bred horses was also satisfying, even if my T6 is the only racehorse that hasn't been upgraded since racing started.

It was also a nice way to meet a lot of the horse community, especially so at the start on Alustin.

Posted

Hi guys,

I have really specific question and as a fellow training aficionados i hope someone has gone through what i am planning. I will be asking about training experience as a life skill only, not about horse experience. People have misunderstood me and started to talk about venia riding attire and so on.

So basically i am taming horses from the wild to level up my Training life skill. This costume Trainer's Clothes sold by Luxury vendors gives 10% to training experience. Now if i would to buy Equipment Tailoring Coupon for 1500 pearls and make [Costume] Trainer's Clothes i could, in theory, get 20% Training experience due to fact that i can essentially wear the same item twice.

Now before i spend 1500 pearls i am concerned, that since it is the same Item effect, experience won't add up but will be overridden and i will only get 10%.

I would be really grateful if someone can give me an answer or has actually done it themselves. 

P.S I have ticket open with support but have not received an answer in 2 weeks other than that they are busy.

I have not actually done this, but if you are using the exact same item in two places, I'm not sure it would work.  You could use the Silver Embroidered clothes and that costume and presumable that would stack because they are two different items.

Let me know what you find out!  :)

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

It's been a few months now since I purchased it... but if you're considering the Equipment Tailoring Coupon, you might also wish to check out the Venia Riding Attire in the pearl shop. It gives the horse more exp  (+20%) while leveling it, instead of your Training Exp. Leveling your Training Skill isn't really worth much as it doesn't really do anything substantial for you, whereas speeding up your horse's experience gain is much more beneficial as it reduces the time it takes to level up horses for breeding. I'd sooner purchase the Venia Riding Attire before converting a horse trainer costume. Wear the Venia as a costume, and equip the Trainer's clothes. 

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Have a question for the serious horse capturers out there.  And I know some of you have a rivalry going on, and that is all you do.  :)  

I capture T4s and T5s near my strawberry gardens.  Also the olive T3 sometimes.  For the past ten horse I have caught, I have been able to mount them almost immediately after t get near them.  Toss them a sugar and then mount when I see the bow down emote.  This happens immediately or within about five seconds. I recently turned Artisan 10, wondered if anyone else was experiencing this? Not that I am complaining....

Posted

Just a short question about the horse races, do you guys have a racing horse for every tier? And you need to be in the second channel but it doesn't matter on which one? I managed to participate in 3 races until now. I seem to miss them a lot? :,)

Also I level all my T4 and T5 horses to the minimum needed level atm since Mass Effect Andromeda came out and I'm more on the console right now and whooooop whop, who would have thunk - I bred two T5C and got my first pb a T7A (and after that two T6 female again haha...). Finally I have a real shot at a T8 breed!

Posted (edited)

Have a question for the serious horse capturers out there.  And I know some of you have a rivalry going on, and that is all you do.  :)  

I capture T4s and T5s near my strawberry gardens.  Also the olive T3 sometimes.  For the past ten horse I have caught, I have been able to mount them almost immediately after t get near them.  Toss them a sugar and then mount when I see the bow down emote.  This happens immediately or within about five seconds. I recently turned Artisan 10, wondered if anyone else was experiencing this? Not that I am complaining....

Here's my experience in taming...

At Prof 9, I almost never ever fail anymore with just 1 sugar lump. During earlier lower levels of Training, I'd toyed with the Head Bow emote (because I'd heard some people say that's what to look for). I'd look for the head down before feeding, I'd look for the head down after feeding before trying to mount, etc... I experimented with every scenario of the head down emote/animation. I've found that that head down is not a sign of submission, but just a natural random emote.

In earlier levels of Training, I found very little, if any, rhyme or reason to failing a taming. The only thing I found in common with those difficult horses that would still throw me even after giving them diabetes with the amount of sugar I fed them, was that upon registering them at the market I'd find that they were level 6-9. It'd drive me nuts when a T1 horse threw me 3 times consecutively even when feeding them 4 sugar lumps each time. So I adopted a new strategy. I feed them one sugar lump. If I get thrown I feed them 5 on the second attempt (figger 6 total after two attempts is better than several failed attempts with 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, resulting in 10 total) which never seems to fail. Since I hit the upper Professional levels of Training though, I almost never ever fail after just 1 sugar lump.

And it drives me crazy that those occasional horses that force you into the Tug-o-war mini game 5 or 6 times never seem to throw me, but those horses that only takes 1 tug-o-war game are the ones that toss me when I try to mount.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Despite my effort seems i wasn't clear enough. 

My question is ONLY about leveling TRAINING as a LIFE SKILL via TAMING horses from the wild, i am not interested in horse experience.

Has anyone tried to stack Trainer's Clothes with [Costume] Trainer's Clothes to get 10% + 10% training experience.

Surely there are some hardcore tamers, i can't be the first one to think of this. 

Posted

My question is ONLY about leveling TRAINING as a LIFE SKILL via TAMING horses from the wild, i am not interested in horse experience.

Has anyone tried to stack Trainer's Clothes with [Costume] Trainer's Clothes to get 10% + 10% training experience.

Surely there are some hardcore tamers, i can't be the first one to think of this. 

has nothing to do with being hardcore, Training exp for your lifeskill are simply worthless. however i´m pretty sure the costume will lose this effect and gain +1 critical or another effect like these once converted. can´t confirm 100% though.

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure everybody understood exactly what you're asking for. However I think everybody chose to give you the better solution over maximizing horse Training Level efforts. There's really no reason to maximizing your training skill (beyond bragging rights) past Professional 1. Functionally in game, there's no reason to work towards your training skill beyond Prof 1 to get the training outfit which is only slightly better than Silver Embroidered +2. So advice is being given towards maximizing the life-skill in general.

If you want to increase your Training Skill level, then your only option is to wear the Professional Level training outfit, and tame horse after horse, after horse, ad-nauseum. And once you hit the mid level Professional levels of the Training skill, then you'll find the effort futile as you'll need to tame numerous horses just for a 1% increase in your current skill level. Horse Training levels in upper Prof levels become irrelevant, not to mention Artisan and Master levels. At which point, just solo riding, hours upon hours, upon days, upon weeks, will finally see some advancement. At which point, no matter which clothes or costumes you're wearing will make any noticeable impact at all in your Training skill advancement.

In a nutshell... after Prof 6, you'll see so little reward in taming wild horses when it comes to training experience that it's not even worth noting.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

...If you want to increase your Training Skill level, then your only option is to wear the Professional Level training outfit, and tame horse after horse, after horse, ad-nauseum...

Finally you got what i was asking about. That outfit gives 10% training xp, i want to make it into costume and wear it twice to get 20%. All i asked if anyone has done that or knows if it stacks. That's all i wanted to know. 

Posted

I'm pretty sure I understood you.  You asked about stacking xp for training... not taming.  As I mentioned I don't think the xp will stack because you are essentially stacking two items that are the same.  As I mentioned, if you want to do that, try the silver ones with the the trainers...you will have to make one a costume.  I currently do a version of this ...as do most trainers...with the Pearl shop item and the Silver Embroidered.  Now, maybe making one a costume changes things..if you try it let us know.

I'm not quite sure why you differentiate Training as a life skill versus Taming horses.  If I'm really misunderstanding and you are talking about training skills on horses versus leveling them, not taming but leveling.  Well, as far as I know you get no xp for skills going up.  If you do, it's so little I've never noticed.  If you are talking about the HORSE gaining skill...that's not happening.

So..did I misunderstand?