• Announcements

    • IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

      Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

      https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

      *New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

      Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

      https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

      Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

 

Finally you got what i was asking about. That outfit gives 10% training xp, i want to make it into costume and wear it twice to get 20%. All i asked if anyone has done that or knows if it stacks. That's all i wanted to know. 

Yeah, I got what you were asking. As well, I think everybody else did as well. However, what was lacking a reason why you'd want to do so. There's zero reason to try to bump up your Training Skill beyond Prof 1, which is easily obtainable very very quickly with normal gameplay, and that spending money on an Outfit Tailoring Coupon would just be throwing money into a fire because there's zero upside to it. Converting a trainer's outfit into a costume for the purpose of stacking training experience is just a practice in folly. The only reason Prof 1 is worth getting, is so that you can wear the trainers clothes that are only wearable at that skill level. Beyond Professional 1, the only reason to get higher is for bragging rights, at which time spending money on a pearl item coupon is just silly and a waste.

 

Edited by DenverRalphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I used training because in English version of the game the name of the life skill is called "Training", a way to level it is by taming wild horses. I am afraid that the item effect does not stack, like you mentioned, and spending 1500 pearls to find out is bit harsh. I was hoping someone has tried it and perhaps it does stack.

 

EDIT:

 

Can we please focus on the question at hand, i know you all mean well but i know what i am doing. I could verify if the item effects stack by just spending 15 euros but if it does not work, i doubt i will be refunded. Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried. 

 

Perhaps even tried with other professional luxury vendor sold robes e.g Trader robe to get 9 bargaining attempts etc

 

Maybe someone has trader robe costume and can buy another one from npc to check if bargaining attempts stack up to 9 or 11 depending of the amity with npc.

Edited by Dzessito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Dzessito - It is a very good question, I am hoping you get a response back from the BDO team. 

@DenverRalphy - I know we all have different methods to capture horses.  I am just noticing that now I do not have to wait long at all before I can mount. Before I used wait around 30 seconds.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Dzessito - It is a very good question, I am hoping you get a response back from the BDO team. 

@DenverRalphy - I know we all have different methods to capture horses.  I am just noticing that now I do not have to wait long at all before I can mount. Before I used wait around 30 seconds.....

 

Try getting a stopwatch or browser version of it and see how long does it take from throwing the rope to trying to mount it. I have had misclicks and you do get message of failure due to trying to mount too early. I am artisan 10 trainer too. Also Trainer's clothes allow you to capture horse more easily and it might allow you to mount them earlier (needs to be tested, not claiming that it works). I have tried not to mount them before 30 seconds or so but as i said i have gotten fail messages if i accidentally mounted too early.

 

If you are up for it, try to measure and see where is the line between failure and successful mounting. Would be good to know, might speed up taming slightly.

 

EDIT: Tried to capture a t3 real quick, 25 second + sugar was a failure due to trying too early, 30 seconds + sugar worked (in both instances i gave the horse sugar cube within those time values not after). That is time from roping till trying to mount, give or take a second. Not sure exactly what sugar does but you can tame without it.

Edited by Dzessito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

Try getting a stopwatch or browser version of it and see how long does it take from throwing the rope to trying to mount it. I have had misclicks and you do get message of failure due to trying to mount too early. I am artisan 10 trainer too. Also Trainer's clothes allow you to capture horse more easily and it might allow you to mount them earlier (needs to be tested, not claiming that it works). I have tried not to mount them before 30 seconds or so but as i said i have gotten fail messages if i accidentally mounted too early.

 

If you are up for it, try to measure and see where is the line between failure and successful mounting. Would be good to know, might speed up taming slightly.

Read above and am currently ingame, just captured #12 - T5 - threw the lasso, did one minigame, took four seconds after I got to the horse,(gave sugar),  to successfully mount.  Horses do not toss heads,stamp etc/ That has been about average. Maybe it is a glitch, I will keep doing this when I see T4s and T5s, the rest I don't bother with.

Horse #13 - T4  two minigames, gave sugar once I got to horse, mounted in 3 seconds. ( #12 was lvl 10, sold for 3.5 million.  #11 was a T5 too, lvl 2 sold for about same since second skill was IA.}

Edited by Ramblinrose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I've honestly always just given sugar to the horse as soon as I reached it and then tried to mount as soon as the animation is done, no counting. All the times I got "you tried to get on too quickly" I associated with completing the minigame zero or (in some cases) only one time/s.

 

Although, that may very well be because completing the minigame multiple times extends the time between rope-throwing and mounting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Not sure if im being dumb but i couldn't find it on Page 1 - but can someone link me (via messaging) so i then wont lose it!!! The material calculator for the T9 attempt? Im pretty sure i saw something briefly in this thread xD 

I did click on the link to Solests guide to T9 but i couldnt see it there either (if it was then ive been a dumb dumb) 

>.< 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

T7D (30lvl M) + T6N (27lvl F) => T8B M <--- my 1st T8 ever! waaauh :3

Our stables are full of horses to breed,
and we keep on taming the ones that run free,
we train them well, we ride to far places

hoping that potatoe wont show to our faces

and then comes a moment of highest thrill:
damn RNG! please dont ----- with me

dont bring hopes down, keep our strong will
I pray to you Rngeus, give us higher tier!
 

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

^ congrats on your first T8.

I was riding my last T8 around when I go places. I thought he had 1 or 2 skills at lvl 1 and now he's level 5 with still 2 skills :p. Lazy boy.

Although I'm "stress free" from not breeding. I'm missing some excitement. Ahhh breeding rate PLS come soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

T7D (30lvl M) + T6N (27lvl F) => T8B M <--- my 1st T8 ever! waaauh :3

Our stables are full of horses to breed,
and we keep on taming the ones that run free,
we train them well, we ride to far places

hoping that potatoe wont show to our faces

and then comes a moment of highest thrill:
damn RNG! please dont ----- with me

dont bring hopes down, keep our strong will
I pray to you Rngeus, give us higher tier!
 

That 8% roll for T8 huge grats! 

While i cant get a T8 breeding 2x T8s together or 2x T7s together xD 

Enjoy the RNG while you can - dont scare it off and pray to RNGesus daily :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

^ Congrats on your first T8.

So this whole beginner's luck is real.  My g/f who's not a horse trainer at all, doesn't run any horses, she just had three T4's she bought randomly off the market.  I told her she should try breeding her T4's, might get some beginner's luck.

First round of breeding T4 x T4, she got a T7 and few T6's.

Second round of breeding one T7 x three T6's, she got two T7's and two T6's.

Third round of breeding a T7 x T6...T8D.

I mean, she got a T8 out of 8%, her 3rd breed ever.  ;akdjfpaeihgajfajeifjpijqpiuaijdf;kjag  here I was breeding my T7 30 x T7 30 and got three T6's, no joke.

I should make a new character and just start breeding with Beginner Training too lol!  Anyways, I'm happy for people getting lucky.  Yes I'm jelly, but whatever, I'm tapped out so PA will need money from others  :D

Edited by Gavyne
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

^ Congrats on your first T8.

So this whole beginner's luck is real.  My g/f who's not a horse trainer at all, doesn't run any horses, she just had three T4's she bought randomly off the market.  I told her she should try breeding her T4's, might get some beginner's luck.

First round of breeding T4 x T4, she got a T7 and few T6's.

Second round of breeding one T7 x three T6's, she got two T7's and two T6's.

Third round of breeding a T7 x T6...T8D.

I mean, she got a T8 out of 8%, her 3rd breed ever.  ;akdjfpaeihgajfajeifjpijqpiuaijdf;kjag  here I was breeding my T7 30 x T7 30 and got three T6's, no joke.

I should make a new character and just start breeding with Beginner Training too lol!  Anyways, I'm happy for people getting lucky.  Yes I'm jelly, but whatever, I'm tapped out so PA will need money from others  :D

how about breeding them on an alt? Beginner lvl training :P

I had beginner luck too. Did T5xT5 or something close. Got 2xT7E. Next 2 breeds same range I got 2 more T7. Since then I moved up to T6xT6 or higher and never got that many T7 in a row xD

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

My one and only T8 came from a spontaneous breed I did out of Keplan on that 8% chance.....

Never happened again but then I've mostly just been leveling horses.  Have around 20 at level 30 now and about 15 ranging from level 1 to 28 so far....still a lot to go!

But today is patch day, what shall it bring us.....*hopes*

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Not sure if im being dumb but i couldn't find it on Page 1 - but can someone link me (via messaging) so i then wont lose it!!! The material calculator for the T9 attempt? Im pretty sure i saw something briefly in this thread xD 

I did click on the link to Solests guide to T9 but i couldnt see it there either (if it was then ive been a dumb dumb) 

>.< 

Anyone get it to you? I know it's much easier to find on the beta forums https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/calculator-for-pegasuss-t9-resources-for-google-spreadsheets.204/

And a post with other cool sheets, including Rinel's (which is now linked under community spotlight)

https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/sharing-spreadsheets-for-anybody-interested.229/

Happy training!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Anyone get it to you? I know it's much easier to find on the beta forums https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/calculator-for-pegasuss-t9-resources-for-google-spreadsheets.204/

And a post with other cool sheets, including Rinel's (which is now linked under community spotlight)

https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/sharing-spreadsheets-for-anybody-interested.229/

Happy training!

Thank You!! Ill make sure to bookmark them :D 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

how about breeding them on an alt? Beginner lvl training :P

I had beginner luck too. Did T5xT5 or something close. Got 2xT7E. Next 2 breeds same range I got 2 more T7. Since then I moved up to T6xT6 or higher and never got that many T7 in a row xD

My Skilled 4 Training Alt has Produced better results than my main of late - latest 4 breeds 2xT7  1xT6 & 1xT8

Main - Artisan 5 - all T6 Babies out of the latest 4 breeds -_-

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

My Skilled 4 Training Alt has Produced better results than my main of late - latest 4 breeds 2xT7  1xT6 & 1xT8

Main - Artisan 5 - all T6 Babies out of the latest 4 breeds -_-

 

testing required!!! I have 1 breed left on my T8B and I have a lvl 28 ish T6. Ill try after I level it to 30

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

My Skilled 4 Training Alt has Produced better results than my main of late - latest 4 breeds 2xT7  1xT6 & 1xT8

Main - Artisan 5 - all T6 Babies out of the latest 4 breeds -_-

 

We had rhis discussion a few months ago after T7 are released. My unskilled Alt got 2x T7 in a row. But there was no effect on my T8 breedings :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

We had rhis discussion a few months ago after T7 are released. My unskilled Alt got 2x T7 in a row. But there was no effect on my T8 breedings :/

It is RNJesus... I just like to shake things up abit when my main starts to hit a brick wall. I find the Alt trick worth it, even if it's only psychological.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I truly am starting to believe in T6 hell.

Has anyone here ever compiled their own breeding results before, just to see what their own individual breeding %s were based on which bracket? Like if you had breed 100 T7 x T7 30/30, and gotten 10 T8, 30 T7, and 60 T6 (i.e. T8 = 10% chance, T7 = 30%, T6 = 60% chance).

I think I will do my own personal compilation of people on the forum who have reported Level 30 to level 30 breeds. Doubtful anything will come of it, but I would think if we could find enough empirical data that maybe we could make a decent pitch to push for a breeding rate increase?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I truly am starting to believe in T6 hell.

Has anyone here ever compiled their own breeding results before, just to see what their own individual breeding %s were based on which bracket? Like if you had breed 100 T7 x T7 30/30, and gotten 10 T8, 30 T7, and 60 T6 (i.e. T8 = 10% chance, T7 = 30%, T6 = 60% chance).

I think I will do my own personal compilation of people on the forum who have reported Level 30 to level 30 breeds. Doubtful anything will come of it, but I would think if we could find enough empirical data that maybe we could make a decent pitch to push for a breeding rate increase?

I did something similar sometime ago.  I'll have to find it, i did post it.......  My spreadsheet consists of a little notebook with handwritten pages and pages of breeds so....if I have to compile again...well it's a fun project! :D  I do have some stuff to add since that posting

Edited by Starrberry
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I truly am starting to believe in T6 hell.

Has anyone here ever compiled their own breeding results before, just to see what their own individual breeding %s were based on which bracket? Like if you had breed 100 T7 x T7 30/30, and gotten 10 T8, 30 T7, and 60 T6 (i.e. T8 = 10% chance, T7 = 30%, T6 = 60% chance).

I think I will do my own personal compilation of people on the forum who have reported Level 30 to level 30 breeds. Doubtful anything will come of it, but I would think if we could find enough empirical data that maybe we could make a decent pitch to push for a breeding rate increase?

Ive kept a record of all my T5+ breeds on a spreadsheet which includes images of parents/foals, the stats of each parent, skills of each parent but doesnt have anything matmatical xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I am beginning to think the data seeking was ill advised, because I truly see how unlucky I am =/

I have had a Total of 12 breeding attempts that could have yielded a T7 (one of which had a 29% chance for a T8)

10% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
36% chance for T7
29% chance for T8/45% chance for T7
28% chance for T7
28% chance for T7
28% chance for T7
28% chance for T7

I didn't want to clog up the post since I had already posted which horses I had used for the compilations result previously.

But, my own personal luck has yielded only one T7, a male (and that came from a T5/T4 exchange and only had a 10% success rate). This was done after my first big batch of breedings which was 5 separate attempts, all of which had a 28%-31% chance for T7.

Anecdotally, my personal success rate for T8 (out of one attempt at 29%) is 0%. My personal success rate for T7 out of 12 attempts is 1, for 8.33% (repeating).

I am going to keep going, no matter how long, for T8 myself, but I fully understand why you long time breeders get frustrated. So many weeks of work on a gamble, only to see it blow up in your face over and over again. I do know the breeding %s are guidelines and not to treat them as God, but damn.

Ideally, with enough compilation posts, we could see what the actual data is in comparison to the proposed data and % of the breeding grade results and find out how desynchronous the field data is across multiple samples. Given enough time, not today and maybe not this week, I think I can just compose a huge list of everyone's breeding results throughout the topic and determine that the field data success rate is.

Initially, I was going to say something about making tracking for breeding grade to breeding grade, but I think I will start a bit simpler in just finding what the breeding % for everyone's breeding attempt is rather than trying to break it down breeding grade to breeding grade.

Edited by SilentZed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I am beginning to think the data seeking was ill advised, because I truly see how unlucky I am =/

I have had a Total of 12 breeding attempts that could have yielded a T7 (one of which had a 29% chance for a T8)

10% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
31% chance for T7
36% chance for T7
29% chance for T8/45% chance for T7
28% chance for T7
28% chance for T7
28% chance for T7
28% chance for T7

I didn't want to clog up the post since I had already posted which horses I had used for the compilations result previously.

But, my own personal luck has yielded only one T7, a male (and that came from a T5/T4 exchange and only had a 10% success rate). This was done after my first big batch of breedings which was 5 separate attempts, all of which had a 28%-31% chance for T7.

Anecdotally, my personal success rate for T8 (out of one attempt at 29%) is 0%. My personal success rate for T7 out of 12 attempts is 1, for 8.33% (repeating).

I am going to keep going, no matter how long, for T8 myself, but I fully understand why you long time breeders get frustrated. So many weeks of work on a gamble, only to see it blow up in your face over and over again. I do know the breeding %s are guidelines and not to treat them as God, but damn.

Ideally, with enough compilation posts, we could see what the actual data is in comparison to the proposed data and % of the breeding grade results and find out how desynchronous the field data is across multiple samples. Given enough time, not today and maybe not this week, I think I can just compose a huge list of everyone's breeding results throughout the topic and determine that the field data success rate is.

Initially, I was going to say something about making tracking for breeding grade to breeding grade, but I think I will start a bit simpler in just finding what the breeding % for everyone's breeding attempt is rather than trying to break it down breeding grade to breeding grade.

Not too many breeds yet in range 18 but the T6 females are dominating already :(

Results.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For simplicity, I had posted 86 breeds and exchanges (taking place between July 20th 2016 and December there about).   Of those 86 breeds/exchanges only 12 turned out to be T7 and no T8's. 

These were mostly 6x6 and 6x7.

However, 6 of the T7's came from the few 6x5 breed/exchanges

1 T7 came from a 5x5, 1 from a 4x5, 2 from 6x6, 2 from 6x7.

Since January of this year - had more T5's in the mix to get rid of.  Did more than I thought.....

Anyway, 31 breeds/exchanges got me 7 T7 and my first and only T8.

1 T7 from 6x5,  3 T7's from 6x6, 1 T7 from 6x7, 1 T7 from 5x5 and 1 from 4x5  And my T8 from 6x7

Everything else resulted in T6 and a few T5's

So, 117 breeds and exchanges = 1 T8 and 19 T7's.   Since July 20, 2016 (didn't count the lower breeds before this date)

I now have some female T7's to attempt a few 7x7 but so many 6's need to be bred to those T7 males.  I guess.

Oh and level 30.  That's what I do.

 

Edited by Starrberry
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites