• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Old screenie, but todays "horse hunt" made me feel like back then :']
woop.thumb.jpg.e3eacd0efd8b5da6953e77b89

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have finalized a third update to my Courser and and Pegasus Awakening Guide. It has now been separated out into separate sections for ease of access. The information has been updated and two new sections, How can I prepare right now? and FAQ's, have been added. I hope you all find it useful!

Coursers

Hidden Content

Nice revamp and write-up! 

One thing I might add.. and perhaps others can verify because I'm just spitballing here based on my experiences that may just be crazy RNG happenstance...

But one thing I've noticed in the Coursers breeding... If you DO get two skills from a Courser breed, one skill is always a Courser Skill, and the other is random. If you only get one skill, then it's random, but if you get two, then one is random but the second is always a courser skill. At least, that's what I've noticed. If anybody else has seen a 2 skill breed from coursers and neither skill was a courser skill, please speak up.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

One thing I might add.. and perhaps others can verify because I'm just spitballing here based on my experiences that may just be crazy RNG happenstance...

But one thing I've noticed in the Coursers breeding... If you DO get two skills from a Courser breed, one skill is always a Courser Skill, and the other is random. If you only get one skill, then it's random, but if you get two, then one is random but the second is always a courser skill.

Do you mean as in they have charge, sprint or drift etc? I've had two foals born with both forechop and hindkick unforntunately. :( It might make it more likely though, you never know. :)

Posted

Do you mean as in they have charge, sprint or drift etc? I've had two foals born with both forechop and hindkick unforntunately. :( It might make it more likely though, you never know. :)

Yeah, every foal that I've had that were born with 2 skills due to Coarsers, at least one of those 2 skills has always been Charge, Drift, Sprint, I/A, Sideways, S:I/A, or S:Sideways.

As if the foal always gets it's random skill. But the second skill is always a Coarser skill.

If anybody else could definitively demonstrate otherwise, I'd like to see it. I'm not saying I'm right (Hey, it just might be crazy RNG). But I've seen it often enough now that it's likely the 2nd skill is always going to be a courser skill.

Posted

Yeah, every foal that I've had that were born with 2 skills due to Coarsers, at least one of those 2 skills has always been Charge, Drift, Sprint, I/A, Sideways, S:I/A, or S:Sideways.

As if the foal always gets it's random skill. But the second skill is always a Coarser skill.

If anybody else could definitively demonstrate otherwise, I'd like to see it. I'm not saying I'm right (Hey, it just might be crazy RNG). But I've seen it often enough now that it's likely the 2nd skill is always going to be a courser skill.

Negative, you've been lucky.  I've had plenty of double crappy skills foals :)

Posted

If this were the case I'd be super happy, but it's definitely not been my luck. I actually asked about it in the previous thread because I was feeling it was a bit gimmicky, as my foals from coursers have all been potatoes. I think it was Noimeh who replied saying she'd gotten good skills each time, or something to that effect. Next one I get I will screen shot. It might be a while though I'm afraid, my current wagon horses are at 20 - 25 with 0 - 1 courser skills at present, so maybe the next load. 

Posted

Is the somethinglovely.net breeding chart correct? I mean I know the tiers are correct but are the percentages? I've bred over 14 times, T6s ranging from level 18 to 30. This should net me 28% to 36% of getting a T7 EACH time I breed. Over 14 times, the chance of NOT receiving any T7s is less than 1%. Can I really blame the RNG for my poor breeds or are the charts off? I appreciate Fomme's work but my sample is WAY off.

All horses have no deaths. All of them are T6, and all are above level 18. I tried 18 x 18, 22 x 23, 27 x 27, and 30 x 30, multiple times adding up to 14 times of breeding and exchanges total. I mostly did 22 x 23 for my sample. The chart is at:

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

http://www.blackd.de/horse/

I have also checked with the blackd.de chart and the percentages are different but similar, but I believe it is more incorrect as they don't include T8s. 

I have received one T7 in all my courses of breeding, but it was from 2 T5 30 x 30.

Posted

I caught a T5 in the wild and it's already level 10. Is this normal?

I was going to ask this question on the breeding discord server. I don't know what happened to it.  

Posted

Is the somethinglovely.net breeding chart correct? I mean I know the tiers are correct but are the percentages? I've bred over 14 times, T6s ranging from level 18 to 30. This should net me 28% to 36% of getting a T7 EACH time I breed. Over 14 times, the chance of NOT receiving any T7s is less than 1%. Can I really blame the RNG for my poor breeds or are the charts off? I appreciate Fomme's work but my sample is WAY off.

All horses have no deaths. All of them are T6, and all are above level 18. I tried 18 x 18, 22 x 23, 27 x 27, and 30 x 30, multiple times adding up to 14 times of breeding and exchanges total. I mostly did 22 x 23 for my sample. The chart is at:

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

http://www.blackd.de/horse/

I have also checked with the blackd.de chart and the percentages are different but similar, but I believe it is more incorrect as they don't include T8s. 

I have received one T7 in all my courses of breeding, but it was from 2 T5 30 x 30.

somethinglovely's calc is the one you want to use.  And it's not as much as the % being wrong, but the game's RNG is just whack.  Most people will tell you that they do not get 28-36% chance at T7 through breeds.  There are people who gets T7's with only 8-10% chance, and they're getting them all the time.  While others breeding at 36% chance can go 20-30+ breeds without a T7.

Horse breeding is like enhancing in BDO, no matter what % you're supposed to get, you're at the mercy of BDO's whacked RNG system.  You pretty much want to use the horse calc to find what's possible, and what's an acceptable range for you.  Like for breeding T6 pairs, I would recommend 22x23 so you rule out ever getting T5 males, and at the same time it won't take as long as leveling to 30x30.  Those things to me are more important than comparing having 28% vs 31% chance at getting T7's using 18x18 vs 22x23 examples.

Posted

Each of my T8 coursers have been born with both S: Front Kick and S: Back Kick. Sounds like you had some luck!

Posted

I caught a T5 in the wild and it's already level 10. Is this normal?

I was going to ask this question on the breeding discord server. I don't know what happened to it.  

Yep, this is normal. Wild horses can be anywhere from Level 1-10.

Posted

Yep, this is normal. Wild horses can be anywhere from Level 1-10.

Well that saves me time I guess, thanks :)

Posted

I sold some of my left over horses to the imperial trainer, but I have no idea what to do with the seals. What do you guys buy with the imperial training seals?

Posted

What happened to the horse discord? I'm suddenly not in it anymore? 'n'

Posted

But one thing I've noticed in the Coursers breeding... If you DO get two skills from a Courser breed, one skill is always a Courser Skill, and the other is random. If you only get one skill, then it's random, but if you get two, then one is random but the second is always a courser skill. At least, that's what I've noticed. If anybody else has seen a 2 skill breed from coursers and neither skill was a courser skill, please speak up.

Bred 4 horses with 2 skills, only once was it a courser skill :P

as a matter of fact I have a T8 lvl1 with 2 skills right now, roar and quick ride. other one was fore chop hind kick,...

Posted

I haven't been doing a lot of breeding, BUT, the T8A I got testing the courser question back around Valentines Day, is now lvl 29 with 17 skills. I called him Valentino.  He started with QS and S:HK. BUT I also used a premium skin change coupon on him at lvl 1 which I had in inventory,  and he got another skill at that time. (The only premium skin change I like)  My previous T8A also learned 17 skills without all that.....

I have a T7 born with two skills: HK and FC wheee! but I haven't leveled him yet. So no guaranteed courser skills sadly, on the foals.

@Acqua I made the Epherian sailboat and used the seals to purchase Magic Axes which were really helpful during the shard event, got lots. I will never make another sailboat again, almost as bad as leveling a T8. I also used seals to put wheels on my merchant wagon, I enchanted those and they do make a significant difference in how fast you level those ponies.

Posted (edited)

So I finally got my spreadsheet up and running, thanks to @DenverRalphy for the inspiration (hope I didn't rip yours off too much if you mind :$ )

Plan on getting both my T7's at the bottom there up to lv30 and trying my luck at a T8. So far I have ten skills on the mother at lv25, and only twelve on the lv28 father. I'm not too bothered by that, I want to get my hands on any kind of T8 (preferably a T8D :x ) before I even try going for a courser. 

Side note: Is there a horse breeding discord still? I saw the link for the horse racing discord, but I'd like an invite to the breeding discord if possible :) Thanks.

Capture.thumb.JPG.420468aa12c061d2ece1ae

Edited by Sneaky_Sloth

Posted

Happend to me, 3 courser babies so far. 

3 courser babies.PNG

Posted

Hooray to a new thread and hooray to finally be able to tame T4/5 in the wilds ♥

After lurking around for a while I decided to play BDO again and ofc I started breeding again since that was one of the main reasons for playing the game and who would have thunk - I just picked up where I left the game. All my T6/T7 breeds ended up in a full stable of T6 females *rolls around* Why do I hurt myself so much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

Did a breeder yesterday as well, the breeding rate does not seem to have increased ;p but having T5/T4 in the wild changed the market like crazy. A T8 potato was on the market for a couple of minutes and I don't know if it stood there any longer since I had to leave for work. All In all they are good changes and hopefully the rate will increase in the next patches.

Posted

What happened to the horse discord? I'm suddenly not in it anymore? 'n'

Neither am I. Maybe we've been banned o_O Or maybe they are changing so many things that something went wrong >.<

Posted

A rogue mod/admin kicked + deleted everyone. Heres the new invite URL: https://discord.gg/CDgjKms

1 person likes this

Posted

A rogue admin, jeeeeeeeeeeezus. people have zero bobbys these days... O.o

Posted

A rogue admin, jeeeeeeeeeeezus. people have zero bobbys these days... O.o

Wonder who it was :ph34r:

Probably raged after getting awful breeding results 

3 people like this