• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi new breeder here just my 2nd week, could I have an invite to the discord app please? My name = Xrayin#3480 thank you very much. 

I also had a question, since the coupons are on sale atm but I don't have a T8 yet, how many should I buy or how many would I need to get a courser? 

Also should I use the swap method or just wait till it gets to lv 30? 

I would appreciate any help. 

On a offnote, I never knew horse breeding was this dificult, intense and hard. Ofcourse other players who have never done this will never realize how much effort and planning it takes to do it. 
Also extra thank you to everyone who kept the horse info updated, it really helped me a bunch and prevented me from failing hard. 

My T6's are almost lv 30, hoping for a T7.

pss: I also posted this in the beta forum, sorry for double posting if thats a thing... 

3 people like this

Posted

I decided to sell one of my 6 tier 8's on the market, he was a complete potato I bred him and he gave two crappy foals also just to breed him out first. I put him on last night and forgot he was on the market but I remembered when I woke up this morning and went to retrieve money for him. When I checked someone bought him already put a premium skin on him and made him courser before I woke up this morning. He was only 14/20 skills with zero courser skills learned, thats a  LOT of money spent on that horse, he also wasnt that fast 148 base speed. They are making a killing on these horses.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sooooo anyone else think the Unicorn is kinda ugly?

I watched the stream and hoped for a bit more about it but it only talks about the 'healing skill' and the 'Charge skill".

do you know if i can see what it looks like? I missed the stream. 

I think how the Pegasus' wings pop out and then dissapear looks really weird. Didn't like that at all. 

Posted

Hi new breeder here just my 2nd week, could I have an invite to the discord app please? My name = Xrayin#3480 thank you very much. 

I also had a question, since the coupons are on sale atm but I don't have a T8 yet, how many should I buy or how many would I need to get a courser? 

On a offnote, I never knew horse breeding was this dificult, intense and hard. Ofcourse other players who have never done this will never realize how much effort and planning it takes to do it. 
Also extra thank you to everyone who kept the horse info updated, it really helped me a bunch and prevented me from failing hard. 

pss: I also posted this in the beta forum, sorry for double posting if thats a thing... 

In my opinion *but I'm a cheapscote and I hate filling PA's pockets with my money*:
Wait until you have a T8 that has potential, like when they get a few courser skills throughout leveling ( IA/S:IA/SS/S:SS)
If they got that like 3-4 courser skills I'd start buying skill coupons and swap out hind kick/fore chop/caution (one at a time)
So take out 1 wait until you get that skill again.

Posted

Hi all

If U think that unicorn is ugly - checkout this https://gamenet.ru/games/blackdesert/post/21TMks/

this is from official site or russian localizators of BDO. Approximate translation: The new transport coming ingame soon - Centaurus. They cant reveal much details yet, but it will not take much effort to get it  - You should just bring tier 8 horse horse to npc Bancil and choose in dialoge "What a nice hourse you have" ...

I hope we will not get this crap soon :(

Posted (edited)

Hi all

If U think that unicorn is ugly - checkout this https://gamenet.ru/games/blackdesert/post/21TMks/

this is from official site or russian localizators of BDO. Approximate translation: The new transport coming ingame soon - Centaurus. They cant reveal much details yet, but it will not take much effort to get it  - You should just bring tier 8 horse horse to npc Bancil and choose in dialoge "What a nice hourse you have" ...

1.4.2017. 10:19:32
So yea 1.4. dont believe it x))

Edited by Silvite

Posted

lol. I didnt bother to check the date. :D

Posted

I'd ride a centaur! Don't want the pegasus, so I'm just stocking up on 8's in case the hell horse is nice. Seen the unicorn, not impressed. Too...fluffy.

Posted

I decided to sell one of my 6 tier 8's on the market, he was a complete potato I bred him and he gave two crappy foals also just to breed him out first. I put him on last night and forgot he was on the market but I remembered when I woke up this morning and went to retrieve money for him. When I checked someone bought him already put a premium skin on him and made him courser before I woke up this morning. He was only 14/20 skills with zero courser skills learned, thats a  LOT of money spent on that horse, he also wasnt that fast 148 base speed. They are making a killing on these horses.

There is a reason they called this game the "Pearl Abyss".....

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

do you know if i can see what it looks like? I missed the stream. 

I think how the Pegasus' wings pop out and then dissapear looks really weird. Didn't like that at all. 

The wings are not showing when the Pegasus is idle? that would be lame O.o

EQII is a 12 yr old game and the wings show when their Pegasus mounts are idle why would this game so much newer not do the same? Go figure.

Picture of EQII old game, Pegasus

Far_Seas_Pack_Pegasus_Equipped.thumb.jpg

Oh yeah these are functional flying mounts also not just ground mounts here is one flying, so I dont get it.Icewind_pegasus_mount.thumb.jpg.d8a428d4

Edited by Tabri

Posted (edited)

The wings are not showing when the Pegasus is idle? that would be lame O.o

EQII is a 12 yr old game and the wings show when their Pegasus mounts are idle why would this game so much newer not do the same? Go figure.

My guess would be it's due to BDO having significantly higher polygon counts than EQ2 ever did. The EQ2 pegasus wings are at best a dozen or so polygons total with a texture laid over it. Whereas in BDO, each wing would probably be substantially more detailed to the point that each feather is probably an object of its own with more polygons than an EQ2 entire wing contains.

BDO already puts GPU's and the CPU on even upper tier machines to the test as it is. So compromises probably had to be made.

That being said though... from the videos I've seen, the pegasi wings actually are still there when idle. They're just tightly wrapped around the chest and torso.

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

https://discord.gg/pcWgx here you go

2 people like this

Posted

My guess would be it's due to BDO having significantly higher polygon counts than EQ2 ever did. The EQ2 pegasus wings are at best a dozen or so polygons total with a texture laid over it. Whereas in BDO, each wing would probably be substantially more detailed to the point that each feather is probably an object of its own with more polygons than an EQ2 entire wing contains.

BDO already puts GPU's and the CPU on even upper tier machines to the test as it is. So compromises probably had to be made.

I think we can be pretty sure about this. The quality of the graphics is a lot higher. Where in EQ2 wings were more 'static' in BDO they are more 'dynamic'. Which means that as DenverRalphy said every feather is an object in itself. If the wind blows it will blow through the wings, it flaps and what not. Perhaps PA also wanted the T9's to look more like 'normal' tiers. Where pega wings would only show when gliding, uni has no glitters and hell horse doesn't leave a trail of fire (just assuming here). 'cause then people would want more and more.

Posted (edited)

i want a unicorn!!!!!!!!!!

Lil disappointed it's mane isn't all grass and flowery like the concept, but doesn't look bad just fluffy as someone else said. I don't like the wings totally disappearing on the pegasus, kinda the whole point is the wings. Eh I have a thing for horns too lol

Have my courser ready and waiting, my 3rd t8 after it's 2 potato parents

Edited by Ruin

Posted

What do you mean courser ready and waiting?  What's that all about

Have my courser ready and waiting

Posted

It means Ruin finally got a T8 horse that meets the requirements to be eligible to awakened into a T9 - once that arrives in NA.

2 people like this

Posted

2017-04-06_3106912.thumb.JPG.5bd845a048a

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi all

We will not get it, that was the 1st April joke.

Posted

That being said though... from the videos I've seen, the pegasi wings actually are still there when idle. They're just tightly wrapped around the chest and torso.

I highly doubt they had the polycount in mind when they developed the concept. All fruit baskets in Heidel have single apples and g-----s and suddenly they start compromising on the pegasus´s look? Nah. It´s just the fancy concept they had in mind. Maybe they wanted to come up with something nobody else ever did. Even though it sucks.... I:

Posted

2017-04-06_3106912.thumb.JPG.5bd845a048a

I'm LOST. Thats the 6o in the calculator, in the calculator it says there is no breeding possible 1-5 to get, because its a t8?? Confused

Posted

I'm LOST. Thats the 6o in the calculator, in the calculator it says there is no breeding possible 1-5 to get, because its a t8?? Confused

they've used a premium horse skin to make their T8 look like that. You can get this T6 by exchanging 80 racing seals ^^

Posted

they've used a premium horse skin to make their T8 look like that. You can get this T6 by exchanging 80 racing seals ^^

I see thanks

Posted

I see thanks

80x racing seals gives you the T6O Skin and will come with two seater ^^

2017-04-10_1575722584.JPG

Posted

I think I'm not even gonna bother trying to get 4 t7 females for this t7 pure white male - I'm just gonna use 4 t6 females, hope for the 8%, and exchange with a t7 female I can hopefully nab off the market (with 1 white, ofc).

Getting/leveling t7 females would take FOREVER.