• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Did the mobs/npc's kill your horse?  I mean people can grief you by training mobs to your horse and watching your horse take a death.

yeah i think that's what happen. that was a ----- move DX

Posted

5L-F lvl 30 and 6U-M lvl 30 gave me 6A-M and 7D-F so not bad. I´ll try T8 with my 2 T7 once they are lvl 30

Posted

It means Ruin finally got a T8 horse that meets the requirements to be eligible to awakened into a T9 - once that arrives in NA.

alright thx, I wasn't aware there was mount awakening.. down the road.

Posted

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing! quitting breeding so getting rid of breedings on my T8s coursers and they give me T8s from T6s females xD this horse was promised to a friend @Ctrl before it was even born but now the dream is gone gg wp kakao :( 

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.04.10_12h33m25s_001_.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

is tier 8 horse death permanent?

Posted (edited)

is tier 8 horse death permanent?

Any death on a horse is permanent, unless you use a death reset item in the pearl shop (which is one time use per horse only) a lot of people will use this (if needed) just before breeding if the death affects the foal % thats much.

Horses only gain a death if killed by a mob/fall damage/drowning - if another player kills your horse this does not affect the death count.

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

so the first pic created the foal in the second pic, 

InWsuu0.png

that i then sold because upset coz spent 200mil camping market all weekend for T8s and T7s with breeds left

i4cY3RB.png

so i smashed them because i was dipping into my dk awakening funds and 

ErpuhYd.png

did i mention i tried out breeding that same T7 with a T6 with 59 deaths? it produced that T6 you see lolDRRqlWq.png

but here is the end result, now to continue leveling up and paypower the good skills or trade for a T8D which the one i really want, >.<

Posted

so the first pic created the foal in the second pic, 

InWsuu0.png

that i then sold because upset coz spent 200mil camping market all weekend for T8s and T7s with breeds left

i4cY3RB.png

so i smashed them because i was dipping into my dk awakening funds and 

ErpuhYd.png

did i mention i tried out breeding that same T7 with a T6 with 59 deaths? it produced that T6 you see lolDRRqlWq.png

but here is the end result, now to continue leveling up and paypower the good skills or trade for a T8D which the one i really want, >.<

I would trade ya my tier 8D female level 30 for it but we cant trade anymore if I put a tier 8 on the market it gets sniped in less than 1 second. G/L on skills and gratz

Posted (edited)

My new T8E is now at lvl 26 with 13 skills. So missing 6 total. I had such high hopes for it since by level 10 it had 8 skills and had already learned Sprint, Charge, and S:IA (rare to get those skills so early). But then skill learning took a nosedive after level 12. Good Lord I hope it learns at least 2 more skills by the time it reaches lvl 30, cuz if it manages 15 total skills, then the skillchange coupon game won't be too terribly bad.

:sigh: I'd already resigned myself to never get into the coupon game again since I have an awesome purebred T8C Courser for T9 awakening. But when I finally got the purebred T8E, I couldn't help but feel I need to get another T8 Courser. O.o I think I need an intervention.

Edited by DenverRalphy
2 people like this

Posted

Any death on a horse is permanent, unless you use a death reset item in the pearl shop (which is one time use per horse only) a lot of people will use this (if needed) just before breeding if the death affects the foal % thats much.

Horses only gain a death if killed by a mob/fall damage/drowning - if another player kills your horse this does not affect the death count.

okey thank you

Posted

a T8, lvl 25 atm with 14 skills. It has ther sprint,Drift, IA. It doesnt have S:IA, Charge, Sideways or S:sideways. My question is before I consider using coupons, should I level it to 30 to see where it stands? Oddly is still hasnt learned caution either.

Posted (edited)

a T8, lvl 25 atm with 14 skills. It has ther sprint,Drift, IA. It doesnt have S:IA, Charge, Sideways or S:sideways. My question is before I consider using coupons, should I level it to 30 to see where it stands? Oddly is still hasnt learned caution either.

Given that your horse is only missing 5 or 6 skills (if it's a T8C or T8E it's only missing 5) and 4 of which are Coarser skills, swapping out Forechop now wouldn't be a bad idea if spending pearls isn't outside of your budget because the chances of getting a coarser skill is a 4/5th's or 4/6th's chance chance. If it's a T8C or T8E it's a pretty good gamble. If it's any other coat, you might wish to wait until seeing if the next level gives you another skill. But again, that's a judgement call based on your budget. If you plan on playing the skill-change-coupon game at 30 regardless, then spending one now might not be a bad idea.

You're in the same situation I was in when my T8C was in a similar situation. I swapped out Forechop, then suddenly my horse had a burst of intelligence and learned a skill at every remaining level to 30, so I don't know if that one skill change coupon was worth it because it ended up with 18 of 19 skills anyway. So who's to say it wouldn't have learned the skill I used the coupon for on it's own.

[edit] Caveat: I mention that T8C and T8E have one less skill because those two particular horses are the purebreed black and white, which do not get the Two Seater skill so their total learnable skills are 19, whereas the rest of the T8's can learn Two Seater so their total learnable skills is 20.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

I am not going to give you any advice here because real $$$ are being used and the RNG on skill change coupons can be brutal.  My own feeling is it is a decision that can be made by the person only, based on how badly they want a courser and how much money they want or can afford to spend on a video game.  Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck with the rng.

:sigh: I'd already resigned myself to never get into the coupon game again since I have an awesome purebred T8C Courser for T9 awakening. But when I finally got the purebred T8E, I couldn't help but feel I need to get another T8 Courser. O.o I think I need an intervention.

We should take up horse racing ;) It is cheaper.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for the advice. If I do swap out fore chop, its likely I will get Caution rather than something good is it not? Although I suppose then I have caution to trade out again and likely learn fore chop. Just not sure what the secret to the coupon game is.

Posted (edited)

We should take up horse racing ;) It is cheaper.

I keep toying with that idea! Unfortunately I also hear horror stories of die-hard racers knowing every shortcut, racers getting charged right at the start, etc.. so I've been reluctant to deal with a week or two of putting up with it. But hey, that's just me being hesitant. I really should get off my butt and start doing it. Especially since racing seals can be used for T9 Awakening mats as well (though I'd probably burn all my racing seals on horse boxes hoping for more T7/T8 horses).

And too, while I have a T8 and a T6 horse that I deem race worthy, I really need to stock up on T1-5 racers and a T7. Otherwise it'd be a long wait looking for a race I could run in. I've had some in the past... dunno why I didn't keep them.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Just not sure what the secret to the coupon game is.

When you find out, let us know. :)  And we call it that caution-forechop dance, but you could be lucky and not have to do it!

Posted

Is it me or have horse abilities gotten a nerf? The last 20 horses I've leveled have been absolute crap. I use to get sprint and instant accel all the time. Now I get one or the other or some other crappy combo of abilities.

1 person likes this

Posted

Since there's 77 pages to this thread, I might be re-posting a question. If so, my apologies and an answer would be appreciated.

Has anyone been experiencing a higher rate in breeding resulting in T7's and/or T8's?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Another batch of breeding data from @Starrberry

This brings the total compiled results to 154 breedings, so it's getting a bit better. NOTE - There are several exchanges in here, which I have compiled the same as breeding attempts. I will be doing a separate compilation later of the specifically noted exchanges.

These are from Breeding Grades 14-17, so lots of fantastic data here (and a single T8 Birth from Grade 17 out of 15 breedings, so that's roughly accurate in terms of projected expected from the calculators percentages).

---------

Breeding Grade 14 - 8 breeding attempts - Projected 5M(12%), 5F(21%), 6M(18%), 6F(21%), 7M(18%), 7F(10%)

Field Data - T5 = 2 for 25% (50% Male, 50% Female), T6 = 5 for 62.5% (60% Male, 40% Female), T7 = 1 for 12.5% (100% Female)

Comments - Sample is too small to make any true assumptions, but a rough glance shows quite a bit more T6 results, and under half of the projected T7 results. T5 results are slightly lower than expected.

--------

Breeding Grade 15 - 18 attempts - Projected 5F(24%), 6M(21%), 6F(24%), 7M(20%), 7F(11%)

Field Data - T5 = 4 for 22.222% (100% Female), T6 = 10 for 55.555% (40% Male, 60% Female), T7 = 4 for 22.222% (100% Male)

Comments - Smallish sample size, but more than previous grade. T5 results are just about on the money, and of course are 100% female which supports the breeding grade projected. T6 results higher than expected, but not by too much, with the gender ratios being fairly close which supports the chart. T7 results, as with the previous grade, are slightly under projected  in this sample, but does show a lean toward Male, which the results support.

--------

Breeding Grade 16 - 39 attempts - Projected 5F(12%), 6M(24%), 6F(28%), 7M(24%), 7F(12%)

Field Data - T5 = 2 for 5.128% (50% Male, 50% Female), T6 = 31 for 79.487% (54.838% Male, 45.161% Female), T7 = 6 for 15.384% (50% Male, 50% Female)

Comments - Good sample size here. T5 numbers lower than projected with anomaly shown. This grade should NOT allow for a Male T5 to be bred. Possibilities include bug or inaccurate information, or potential tweak of the breeding grade possibilities from the Devs, but is isolated incident so will have more to say should I come across another anomaly. T6 numbers glaringly higher than projected by more than 50% (which would be 78%). Gender ratios show favor for male, but are close enough within tolerances to not dismiss the projected ratio within the sample. T7 results less than half of projected percentage. Gender ratios split even, but sample too small within the result to prove anomalous report (if close to projected numbers in a vacuum would be closer to 7 males and 3 females).

--------

Breeding Grade 17 - 10 attempts - Projected 6M(18%), 6F(26%), 7M(22%), 7F(26%), 8M(8%)

Field Data - T6 = 6 for 60% (100% Female), T7 = 3 for 30% (66.666% Male, 33.333% Female), T8 = 1 for 10% (100% Male)

Comments - Fairly small sample, so results can't truly be interpreted as anything concrete, however...T6 results slightly higher than projected, but not off my too much. Gender ratio has lean toward female, which is supported in results (average in vacuum would have shown 2 males and 4 females). T7 results lower than projected. Gender ratios show lean for male, but with only 3 results doesn't count for anything really. T8 results close to projected, and is a male which is accurate according to chart.

Final Comments - T6 results, out of all 75 breedings, are far, FAR higher than projected (worryingly so), while T7 results are lower than expected across the board. T8 results look to be on the money for the breedings that could result in one. Will report more as I compile more data.

It's possible the breeding percentages were tweaked, so that T6 hell really is a thing and basically serves as something of a great filter to overcome on the path to T8 (as T6/T6 cannot result in a T8). T8 results when combined with the over averages are still slightly above normal, which is good...but there is such a substantial barrier in overcoming T6 bias in results.

Since there's 77 pages to this thread, I might be re-posting a question. If so, my apologies and an answer would be appreciated.

Has anyone been experiencing a higher rate in breeding resulting in T7's and/or T8's?

Thanks

See the information above for a bit more of the compilation (you can find my other post somewhere back in either the 40s or 50s I think which has another batch of breeding data). All of which shows that T8s seem a bit higher than projected from the possible percentages, but that T7 is much lower. T6 is far higher.

Take it all with a grain of salt, though, as the breeding data is not truly dated, so it's coming from over a long course of time so certain anomalies might be expected.

Edited by SilentZed
5 people like this

Posted

Thanks

Personally no.... I'm now on attempt 16 & 17 of getting a T7 from 2x T6s both at level 27 - I'm trying to thin down my T6 stock xD

Posted

Sorry to keep asking silly questions, but when I use a skill change coupon, I have to request the skill I would like right? I may not get it but I do have to request?

Posted

Sorry to keep asking silly questions, but when I use a skill change coupon, I have to request the skill I would like right? I may not get it but I do have to request?

Yes you have to 'Hope' on the one you would like (RNG)  

Posted (edited)

You have to select a skill to "Hope" for, which there has been no shortage of debate about (nor any concrete answers as to what this exactly does).

If you do not get the skill you hoped for, you get a Hope failstack, indicated next to the skill name of unlearned skills. There is debate that Hope failstacks make it to where you have a higher % chance to get the skill you are hoping for when selected, or that it gives your horse a better chance to learn the skill naturally. If you eventually do get the skill you are hoping for (i.e. have selected), your hope fail stacks go to zero.

Hope Failstacks are tied to the stable they are used in, and are not permanently bound to any particular skill (similar to enhancement rate). If you hope 5 times for Sprint, and change your mind and start aiming for Sideways Move, for example, you will still have 5 hope failstacks, since they are not tied to the specific skill, nor horse (this serves as a bit more potential evidence that hope failstacks do nothing in regards to helping your horse earn the skill naturally, especially since we know the failstacks aren't bound to the horse itself and don't seem to go away if you learn the skill you are hoping for naturally).

I, personally, have gotten to 14 failstacks hoping for a skill before learning it, so take that with a bit of caution.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

Is it me or have horse abilities gotten a nerf? The last 20 horses I've leveled have been absolute crap. I use to get sprint and instant accel all the time. Now I get one or the other or some other crappy combo of abilities.

Certainly feels like it to me, though some here have been totally fine. My horses are all learning less skills and less good ones than my average.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll add a bit to the pot myself. Out of the last three horses I have raised, I have a T7 with 11 skills (used money on this one, so it does have drift, instant A, and sprint, and two seater, but no charge or sideways move for Courser), a T7 with 10 skills (only Instant Accel, nothing else good and still missing 4 skills for Courser), and a T7 with 10 skills (this has 1 level left to learn, so fingers crossed since it learns Sideways Move since that is the only skill it needs for Courser).

Edited by SilentZed