• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to add a new metric of statistics to my spreadsheet, and I kind of locked myself. Well more accurately, I know what I'm trying to attempt, but then I got lost in the logic. (to be fair, I'm having brandies for happy hour with friends)

In a nutshell, I want to monitor accurately when a breeding attempt resulted in an upgrade/downgrade/stable-condition.

In the screenshot below, on the far right I've added three columns that I feel are pertinent to measuring it... Average Tier (Female Tier + Male Tier) / 2), Foal tier (tier of the foal as a result of breeding), and the resulting difference (Foal Tier - Average Tier). I was thinking that would be a good starting point. However, I'm just curious at which point I should judge an Upgrade or Downgrade. Obviously if the difference is by 1 or more then it's easy. But my question is how I should judge the 0.5 differences. Any advice?

For example... look at Row 9... it's a 0.5 increase, but the foal tier is the same as one of it's parents but higher than the other. Would that be considered an upgrade because the foal is better than one parent but not the other? Because the result is higher than the average between the two? Or should I round off so that only whole integers are measured? I'm not a statistics major, so could use some advice.

I plan to add an "Upgrade/Downgrade/Stable" column to the spreadsheet (or more accurately to the statistics sheet on another page). But would like some opinions before I do so. But my goal is to monitor and track upgrades, downgrades, and static breeds.

bdoMeasureBreedingResults.jpg

Edited by DenverRalphy
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

EDIT - Comment removed because I see what you are trying to say, but don't have the time for an in-depth answer. Will respond when I can if someone else doesn't come up with a good suggestion.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

Todays breeding
T7C + T7G (30) = T8A female
                          = T6T female
Exchange           = T8B male

trading 5 T8D and two T8A for a T8C1!11! xD

Posted

I'll add a bit to the pot myself. Out of the last three horses I have raised, I have a T7 with 11 skills (used money on this one, so it does have drift, instant A, and sprint, and two seater, but no charge or sideways move for Courser), a T7 with 10 skills (only Instant Accel, nothing else good and still missing 4 skills for Courser), and a T7 with 10 skills (this has 1 level left to learn, so fingers crossed since it learns Sideways Move since that is the only skill it needs for Courser).

I have a T7 now with 12 skills at level 28 including, Drift, Sprint, Instant Accel and 2 Seater.  I consider him a smart horse because he has the harder to get trinity and 2 Seater.  Most of my horses just do not come out with the trinity set.  I really feel like smart horses have the chance to breed smart horses, but having said that, it's just a chance and can easily be 'not smart'.  Since most of my horses are dumb they breed dumb horses, a commonality among them with a few smart anomalies in the mix.

Right now I am leveling 4 T7's, one is at 20 with 12 skills but no speed trinity or special skill like 2 seater or Sideways.  The other 3 are under 10 yet and not looking promising.  They all came from dumbo's.  I don't know, maybe I will pay attn to skills more when I breed, it couldn't hurt anything, that's for sure and whatever happens it won't be worse than when I don't pay attn to it :D

And @SilentZed   I loved reading the results so far from all the breedings.  Seeing the percentages puts it in a better perspective, I think.  Nice work :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it me or have horse abilities gotten a nerf? The last 20 horses I've leveled have been absolute crap. I use to get sprint and instant accel all the time. Now I get one or the other or some other crappy combo of abilities.

yup. Been seeing alot of bad horses lately. Some get all bad skills and not a single good one for me. Ive gotten lucky on 2 horses in the past couple months and the rest really really bad

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to add a new metric of statistics to my spreadsheet, and I kind of locked myself. Well more accurately, I know what I'm trying to attempt, but then I got lost in the logic. (to be fair, I'm having brandies for happy hour with friends)

In a nutshell, I want to monitor accurately when a breeding attempt resulted in an upgrade/downgrade/stable-condition.

In the screenshot below, on the far right I've added three columns that I feel are pertinent to measuring it... Average Tier (Female Tier + Male Tier) / 2), Foal tier (tier of the foal as a result of breeding), and the resulting difference (Foal Tier - Average Tier). I was thinking that would be a good starting point. However, I'm just curious at which point I should judge an Upgrade or Downgrade. Obviously if the difference is by 1 or more then it's easy. But my question is how I should judge the 0.5 differences. Any advice?

For example... look at Row 9... it's a 0.5 increase, but the foal tier is the same as one of it's parents but higher than the other. Would that be considered an upgrade because the foal is better than one parent but not the other? Because the result is higher than the average between the two? Or should I round off so that only whole integers are measured? I'm not a statistics major, so could use some advice.

I plan to add an "Upgrade/Downgrade/Stable" column to the spreadsheet (or more accurately to the statistics sheet on another page). But would like some opinions before I do so. But my goal is to monitor and track upgrades, downgrades, and static breeds.

Oooh, this sounds fun! I think that would be up to the user to determine if those would be considered upgrades or not. I think it's an upgrade because you are technically upgrading one of the horses and it might be easier to track that way.

MIN of the parents could be the number to check against the foal, conditionally formatted, then those colors can be counted to track upgrade, downgrade and static breeds. 

Edit: Not sure how to get the formatting to easily copy throughout a sheet without having to manually edit range

Edit the edit: Nvm I figured it out lol, custom format

Screenshot (52).png

Edited by Sad Panda

Posted

Another bit for the person who was asking for coupons - I am back up (again, on a different horse) to 14 coupons for Sideways Move (the last skill for Courser status, so not sure if that is why it is having trouble learning it).

So, at $2 a pop, that's 28 bucks for nothing so far. Money sink, indeed.

horsecoupons.png

Posted

Another bit for the person who was asking for coupons - I am back up (again, on a different horse) to 14 coupons for Sideways Move (the last skill for Courser status, so not sure if that is why it is having trouble learning it).

this might help Link

^ guide might help

1 person likes this

Posted

this might help Link

^ guide might help

I had tried this very thing with two of my T8's last week and.. well.. 14 and 15 skills, but hardly any of the good ones. I was switching out both fore chop and hind kick(never got either back by switching the other) but my horses hardly wanted to learn them back while leveling, sadly. Nice when it works, but both my tries were overall failures since both need more than half the courser skills to be anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tried out the skill coupons (with advice from a knowledgeable guildie) on my great potato T7 (first ever T7 for me), managing one satisfactory skill change (FC for sprint) on a failstack of 12.  I quit then, saving three coupons for another day/horse.  Found the exercise a bit off-putting seeing the same skills just repeating like whack-a-mole...but it is what it is.  ^.^

Managed to produce a T7 female tonight out of a T6 male (L30, 6E) and a T5 mare (L30, 5L) = T7 female (L1, 7H, not courser).  Hopefully she won't be a potato, mind you I suppose if she turns potato I could breed her with my great potato ....having mash potatoes...ugh nevermind lol  *totters off to bed*  ^.^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Only 14? man, I had 20+ for this skill =\ But I did it wrong way so rng punished me xD

this might help Link

^ guide might help

I had 3 potatoes with 11 skills and one with 12 skills. So I decided to use skill change coupons for my new T8. I was changing start accel and chop/kick. Start accel is the most annoying skill with highest chance to obtain it, according on my expirience. I got 18 skills in the end. I spent 14 skill coupons (that's too much tbh, I could spend 10, but I was abit stubborn). So I can confirm that it works.

Edited by Rinel
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I got 18 skills in the end. I spent 14 skill coupons (that's too much tbh, I could spend 10, but I was abit stubborn). So I can confirm that it works.

it seems to me, that the main reason of sucsessful skillchanging is basically clever horse. My t8 was born from 2 dumb potatoes. I used premium skin on it, and for now 8 skillchanges. Now it is 26 with 12 skills, only three are good ones. It does not look promising, i think it is because horse was stupid from start. I wonder if i trained his skills would it give a chance for  more clever foals?

Edited by Angiel

Posted

I used premium skin on it, and for now 8 skillchanges. Now it is 26 with 12 skills

How exactly did you use these skill changes?

E.c. I lvled my horse until its ~15lvl when I wasnt afk. I was changing start accel as soon as horse got it and continued to lvl it. This horse didnt get a chop/kick until ~12-13lvl.

Posted

hi guys, how do we feel about cash shop horse gear as it relates to helping your rng to learn an extra skill or 2?

Posted (edited)

How exactly did you use these skill changes?

E.c. I lvled my horse until its ~15lvl when I wasnt afk. I was changing start accel as soon as horse got it and continued to lvl it. This horse didnt get a chop/kick until ~12-13lvl.

I skillghanged FC everytime it popped, and once HC. I also skillchanged S:FC & S:HC when horse didnt learn anything for some lvls. I thought, if there is  some "hidden horse skill exp" maybe switching those expensive skills may help...

Maybe I'll try to switch StartAcc on my  next t8 (if i'll ever breed it)

Edited by Angiel

Posted

Someone quit horse racing. So, I've got a new T2 racer :x

2017-04-11_5105805.thumb.JPG.859f73da516

5 people like this

Posted

This week wasnt the most amazing, but still not bad 

Hope for more luck next one :D

ScreenShot_20170411112543.png

Posted (edited)

My next batch of T6s are nearly ready for breeding (hopefully at the end of the week) im sooooo ready to receive all T6s back again :x 

But seriously.... I hope my RNG is better this round, attempt 16 & 17 of breeding 2x T6s to try and get a T7 will be the end of this week and then 18 & 19 next week.... :( 

EDIT: thank you to those who have contacted me this week for advice on all things horsey on my discord/PM on here :) and for your words of encouragement. Even if im having a awful horse RNG i love helping new/semi experienced/old time breeders where i can - it keeps me going :)

Im a very forgetful person and i can never keep up with peoples alts - so someone whispers me randomly in game over the weekend. Its someone i dont know but they wanted to tell me that my horse RNG will change and that i was one of the friendliest horse breeders willing to help out others < idk who this was, might be a lurker on the thread, but thank you :x 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted (edited)

I skillghanged FC everytime it popped, and once HC. I also skillchanged S:FC & S:HC when horse didnt learn anything for some lvls. I thought, if there is  some "hidden horse skill exp" maybe switching those expensive skills may help...

Maybe I'll try to switch StartAcc on my  next t8 (if i'll ever breed it)

yeah, try to change Start Accel as well. It should help. Also keep your eye on quick ride, quick stop, step back, steak jump, high jump - these skills pop up more often than S:kick/chop and caution (at least for my horses)

I started to write down what skills my T6-T8 horses got recently. You can see what are the most popular skills:

xqJYHdU.png

Edited by Rinel

Posted

@Rinel _ I have tried that switch out method a few times, starting very early and my experience differed from yours as I did not think it made any difference in the number of horse skills at all, but did help the horse learn better ones.  I've leveled 17 T8s so far. 

So I am really glad it worked for you :D, but I would not say it was confirmed to work, but rather it may work for some.

2 people like this

Posted

Oooh, this sounds fun! I think that would be up to the user to determine if those would be considered upgrades or not. I think it's an upgrade because you are technically upgrading one of the horses and it might be easier to track that way.

MIN of the parents could be the number to check against the foal, conditionally formatted, then those colors can be counted to track upgrade, downgrade and static breeds. 

Edit: Not sure how to get the formatting to easily copy throughout a sheet without having to manually edit range

Edit the edit: Nvm I figured it out lol, custom format

Screenshot (52).png

What levels did u breed those?

Posted (edited)

Final results for my T8E "Marshmallow".

• Total Skills: 15.
  • Courser Status: Yep! You Betcha! Skill Change
  • Coupons Spent: A whopping 4.

I spent one coupon at level 25 to swap out Fore-Chop, and it never relearned Fore-Chop but did learn two more coarser skills by 30. At level 30 I spent 3 more skill change coupons to get IA and Sideways Move (oddly it had learned S:IA and S:Sideways on its own before learning the base skills). Only unlearned skills are Fore Chop, Roar, Caution, and S:Front Kick.

bdoMarshmallowFinalResults.png

Edited by DenverRalphy
7 people like this

Posted

@Rinel _ I have tried that switch out method a few times, starting very early and my experience differed from yours as I did not think it made any difference in the number of horse skills at all, but did help the horse learn better ones.  I've leveled 17 T8s so far. 

So I am really glad it worked for you :D, but I would not say it was confirmed to work, but rather it may work for some.

You cant be 100% sure about anything related to BDO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But I still need 2-3 more T8 and I don't want another potato =\ so Im gonna continue to reroll skills

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I had tried this very thing with two of my T8's last week and.. well.. 14 and 15 skills, but hardly any of the good ones. I was switching out both fore chop and hind kick(never got either back by switching the other) but my horses hardly wanted to learn them back while leveling, sadly. Nice when it works, but both my tries were overall failures since both need more than half the courser skills to be anything.

Sorry to hear it didn't help you but this method is far from trying to get you good skills, it is to increase the total amount of skills to help you at the end,

3-4 skill change coupons are nothing to how many can be spent sometimes, yet i did mention why this method shouldn't be used unless you have no courser and desperate for one, right now i am levelling a T8 and not using this method cuz i already sold 3x coursers and have 3x coursers still.

also 

Disclaimer :

All the following info were collected through personal experience and findings, as every aspect of BDO, rng is still rng.

Edited by SillySin
1 person likes this

Posted

What levels did u breed those?

I'm sorry, those were just thrown together for an example lol. They weren't actual breeds