• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Leveling one of my tier 8s atm ...hes lvl 17 and has 10 skills with only 1 a courser skill (sprint) .....pls RNG give me something xD This is the first tier 8 I have ever leveled. 

Posted

hi guys, how do we feel about cash shop horse gear as it relates to helping your rng to learn an extra skill or 2?

Well, if you are looking for advice on whether or not you should get a horse gear set......buy it for looks and don't bother with the rest of the claims.

There is no way to know whether or not it helps a horse gain a skill.  Skills come randomly as the horse levels and there is no percentage of that chance on the gear so it's a gamble like everything else you spend money on in Black Gambling Online.  It won't increase the amount of skills your horse learns in the end, just a chance at learning something on a level.

If you're horse learns a skill with the gear on, how do you know it was because of the gear?  You just don't.  My horse learned 3 skills with horse gear on between 18 or 20 and level 30.  Usually a slow skill learning period anyway.  Do I think it helped?  Well, my horse looks pretty, that's all I'm saying :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry to hear it didn't help you but this method is far from trying to get you good skills, it is to increase the total amount of skills to help you at the end,

3-4 skill change coupons are nothing to how many can be spent sometimes, yet i did mention why this method shouldn't be used unless you have no courser and desperate for one, right now i am levelling a T8 and not using this method cuz i already sold 3x coursers and have 3x coursers still.

also 

Disclaimer :

All the following info were collected through personal experience and findings, as every aspect of BDO, rng is still rng.

Oh yeah I know what it's meant to do, I support it as well, just figured i'd share my experience so maybe people didn't think it was always going to work. xD

1 person likes this

Posted

2 * T8m x T7f = 2 * new shiny T6s

rip

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Final results for my T8E "Marshmallow".

• Total Skills: 15.
  • Courser Status: Yep! You Betcha! Skill Change
  • Coupons Spent: A whopping 4.

I spent one coupon at level 25 to swap out Fore-Chop, and it never relearned Fore-Chop but did learn two more coarser skills by 30. At level 30 I spent 3 more skill change coupons to get IA and Sideways Move (oddly it had learned S:IA and S:Sideways on its own before learning the base skills). Only unlearned skills are Fore Chop, Roar, Caution, and S:Front Kick.

bdoMarshmallowFinalResults.png

Ahaha, I was going to name the first T8E I get(if I ever get one) "Marshmallow". <.<

I love Marshmallows..

I wish I had your RNG and luck, congrats!

Edited by PandoraRose
3 people like this

Posted

Ahaha, I was going to name the first T8E I get(if I ever get one) "Marshmallow". <.<

Can't really take credit for it. :D

When I finally got the T8E, the first thing I did was Google "White horse names" and whadya know, there's actually a website for white horse names. And too, right after I clicked submit on the name, I then recalled that somebody else in this thread had recently used the same name.

Posted

Can't really take credit for it. :D

When I finally got the T8E, the first thing I did was Google "White horse names" and whadya know, there's actually a website for white horse names. And too, right after I clicked submit on the name, I then recalled that somebody else in this thread had recently used the same name.

I should change my name to 'somebody else'.  :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I should change my name to 'somebody else'.  :)

LOL! Sorry, I didn't mean it! I had somebody jabber-jawin my ear off and was distracted. 

On another note..

I'm having some uncanny luck in the 18 and 19 ranges. Here's this morning's results and my statistics for range 18/19. I had to blink a couple of times when I saw the percentages.

bdoRecentBreedingResults.jpeg

bdoRecentStatistics.jpeg

Edited by DenverRalphy
4 people like this

Posted

so far my T8E learned sprint at lvl 2 and drift at 10, has hind kick and forechop, so sign of caution just yet

currently lvl 18, anyone know how long it would take to get to 30 if i sprint back n forth? 

Posted (edited)

Latest breeding for the recorders: All at 30. And it def gets easier getting better tier horses when you get a T8. The T6 pairings were a nightmare for me, mostly T6fs and the T7 pairings have had a lot of T6s too. T8s with lvl 30 T6s have been very lucky for me.

(T8  male 15 skills, missing S:sides and S:insta, for courser status, has two seater. Tried to get SL insta with 4 coupons then quit.)

T8male8B.png + 7E.png         =  T7m7H.pngSting

Cortez

+      T7f  forgot which one oops = T7m 7I.pngWindstar

*      T6 f           6N.png        = T7B f  7B.pngVenus

+ reset   6N.png        = T8D m          8D.png Lynx

Edited by Ramblinrose
6 people like this

Posted

Here's the all new 8 horses wagon:

nC5GuLw.png

Got you? :P

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone! I haven't been around in forever and I recently returned to the game and have just been lurking since then.

But today I'm really excited... I just finally got my first tier 8!

lvl 30 T6P Female x lvl 28 T7A Male gave me... a T8B Male!

d6TnosU.png

(you know, tons and tons of T6 females later) 

Edited by Ekoyuhale
14 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oooh, this sounds fun! I think that would be up to the user to determine if those would be considered upgrades or not. I think it's an upgrade because you are technically upgrading one of the horses and it might be easier to track that way.

MIN of the parents could be the number to check against the foal, conditionally formatted, then those colors can be counted to track upgrade, downgrade and static breeds. 

Edit: Not sure how to get the formatting to easily copy throughout a sheet without having to manually edit range

Edit the edit: Nvm I figured it out lol, custom format

Screenshot (52).png

I've been mulling it over since I originally thought about it yesterday, and I think that the method should probably measure against the highest tier parent unless the higher tier parent is a T8. After all, the primary reason for breeding is to improve your stock. But in the case of a T8 parent, it's impossible to improve upon it, so then the goal is only to improve the lower tier parent.

So perhaps in your example, the column G formula should be something like "=IF(MAX(A,C)<8, MAX(A,C), MIN(A,C))". Which would first discover if both parents are below T8. If both are below T8 then it'll use MAX to identify the higher tier parent as the metric. If one of the parents is indeed a T8 then it'll use MIN to identify the lower tier parent as the metric. In the case of two T8 parents, it could only result in a Static or Downgrade state.

Well, that conclusion is just the current opinion running through my head at the moment. If I mull it over more, there's a chance I'll think of something I hadn't considered. But the logic appears rather sound to me at the moment. What's your opinion on the matter?  Your solution is already simpler than the method I'd first concocted (but I was kinda loopy on brandy at the time I'd initially thought of the concept, so it's no wonder).

[edit] So I've got the formula "=IF(MAX(C3,L3)<8, MAX(C3,L3), MIN(C3,L3))" which works. However I'm having a dickens of a time trying to figure out how to get ARRAYFORMULA to work with it to accommodate repopulating every cell in the column. Grrr... arrayformula is one of my biggest gripes about Google Sheets.

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

so far my T8E learned sprint at lvl 2 and drift at 10, has hind kick and forechop, so sign of caution just yet

currently lvl 18, anyone know how long it would take to get to 30 if i sprint back n forth? 

Hard to say, depending on your equipment, costumes, level of the horse, how much experience you are getting per tick, etc.

I would take a look at the calculator after seeing how long it takes for our experience ticks. My most recent T7 (B) with its equipment one took around 13 seconds per experience tick on auto-loop at level 1, and has gotten to around 10-11 now at Level 29, so it will get faster.

If I go all out (it has Drift, IA, and Sprint), I get down to around 5-6 seconds per experience tick, so it roughly doubles the rate of experience gain.

The T8E is the fastest horse in the game (faster than the T7B and T8A by 4.5% at base), so I would imagine it getting down to an average of 10 seconds per tick with all +10 equipment for average tick time from Level 1-30 on auto-loop (probably would start off at 11-12 then get lower).

But, assuming 11 seconds for average time from 18 to 30 for your T8, at 700 experience a tick, would take around 39 hours according to the calculator.

If you decided to do it manually just by full gallop sprinting, I would expect half of that time.

Edited by SilentZed
1 person likes this

Posted

The T8E is the fastest horse in the game (faster than the T7B and T8A by 4.5% at base), so I would imagine it getting down to an average of 10 seconds per tick with all +10 equipment for average tick time from Level 1-30 (probably would start off at 11-12 then get lower).

I was always wondering about these fast horses. I had T7I (white body, black hair) before I got T8, and my friend has T7C (pure black) and he was always faster than me cause his horse didnt stuck in drift animation, so he drift faster and he move faster than me. I started to join races and I see that pure white T7 is faster than me T7, but how can it be? my T7 drift faster ⚆ _ ⚆

Posted

I was always wondering about these fast horses. I had T7I (white body, black hair) before I got T8, and my friend has T7C (pure black) and he was always faster than me cause his horse didnt stuck in drift animation, so he drift faster and he move faster than me. I started to join races and I see that pure white T7 is faster than me T7, but how can it be? my T7 drift faster ⚆ _ ⚆

Maybe having more turn/brake makes it easier to cancel out of the animation? I have always noticed in videos that certain people are cancelling far faster than I can, like my horse gets 10% through the animation before I can IA, whereas I am seeing the videos of people doing it in half the time.

Posted (edited)

From what I've experienced (and I've only just started monitoring it, so I could be wrong), is that Speed and Accel are two different entities when it comes to comparing tiers. A T8 with 130% speed will be faster than a T7 with 130% speed if you run side by side with just sprinting. However, that same mechanic doesn't seem to apply to the Accel stat which is much more readily apparent with the IA and S:IA skills. If a T7 has a higher Accel rating than a T8 Accel rating, then IA on the T7 will be faster. But the T8 has the S:IA for a second boost whereas the T7 doesn't.

But like I've said, I've only just started monitoring it, so I could be wrong. But so far, that's the indications I've seen. I've also noticed that S:IA doesn't seem to deplete stamina as heavily as the normal IA does, so there's that too. My T8's with S:IA get a lot more distance vs stamina consumption than horses without S:IA.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

Maybe having more turn/brake makes it easier to cancel out of the animation? I have always noticed in videos that certain people are cancelling far faster than I can, like my horse gets 10% through the animation before I can IA, whereas I am seeing the videos of people doing it in half the time.

yeah, this is what Im talking about: 140+% of turn/brake speed allows you to cancel animation of instant accel faster than 130%, so black has turn/brake speed more than white with black hair, but white white black hair has turn/brake more than pure white. So how can be pure white T7 faster than white with black hair T7?

From what I've experienced (and I've only just started monitoring it, so I could be wrong), is that Speed and Accel are two different entities when it comes to comparing tiers. A T8 with 130% speed will be faster than a T7 with 130% speed if you run side by side with just sprinting. However, that same mechanic doesn't seem to apply to the Accel stat which is much more readily apparent with the IA and S:IA skills. If a T7 has a higher Accel rating than a T8 Accel rating, then IA on the T7 will be faster. But the T8 has the S:IA for a second boost whereas the T7 doesn't.

But like I've said, I've only just started monitoring it, so I could be wrong. But so far, that's the indications I've seen. I've also noticed that S:IA doesn't seem to deplete stamina as heavily as the normal IA does, so there's that too. My T8's with S:IA get a lot more distance vs stamina consumption than horses without S:IA.

Im talking only about T7. T8 has another type of instant accel than T7. And it looks like S:IA is more about speed/acceleration, than turn/brake, so pure white T8 is much faster than any other T8

Edited by Rinel

Posted (edited)

Im talking only about T7. T8 has another type of instant accel than T7.

Sorry, I will admit to a cursory reading of your original reply. But the theory still applies...

Your horse's base stats don't apply to the randomness of their stats leveling. ie.. A T7 leveling from 1-30 can result in varying Speed, Accel, Braking, Turn, etc.. 

Two T7's will end up with often widely different base stats. At each level up, the base stats increase at a random (RNG) rate. I don't know if I'd discount your friend's horse has being able to animation cancel (don't really know that that's really a thing since if it was possible anybody could do it).  Two identical tiers, with identical coats, can wind up with wildly different stats. ie.. my T8C which is one of the slowest of the T8's at start was lucky enough to average 1 full percentage point every level. But I've had other T8C's since then who's final speed attribute was a full 8-10% lower. 

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Sorry, I will admit to a cursory reading of your original reply. But the theory still applies...

Your horse's base stats don't apply to the randomness of their stats leveling. ie.. A T7 leveling from 1-30 can result in varying Speed, Accel, Braking, Turn, etc.. 

Two T7's will end up with often widely different base stats. At each level up, the base stats increase at a random (RNG) rate. I don't know if I'd discount your friend's horse has being able to animation cancel (don't really know that that's really a thing since if it was possible anybody could do it).  Two identical tiers, with identical coats, can wind up with wildly different stats. ie.. my T8C which is one of the slowest of the T8's at start was lucky enough to average 1 full percentage point every level. But I've had other T8C's since then who's final speed attribute was a full 8-10% lower. 

I know that speed is rng. Question is not about this. mb I wasnt clear enough, ok. I have T7 lvl 30.  My friend has T7 lvl 30. Same gear. Same skills. But his stats of speed/accel/turn/brake are 145/143/149/150 and  My stats are 148/143/137/134. So his animation of canceling IA (it means animation of drift) is faster than mine. Lets say his horse doesnt tilt down so much as mine does. So it allows him to be faster than me in general. Understand?

Now I compare mine horse (turn/brake 137/134) vs pure white which never can get even 135% (correct me if Im wrong) for turn/brake (w/o gear ofc) but its still faster than my horse. 

So what Im trying to say is that the white horse with black hair looks completely useless compared to pure white/black.

Posted (edited)

I know that speed is rng. Question is not about this. mb I wasnt clear enough, ok. I have T7 lvl 30.  My friend has T7 lvl 30. Same gear. Same skills. But his stats of speed/accel/turn/brake are 145/143/149/150 and  My stats are 148/143/137/134. So his animation of canceling IA (it means animation of drift) is faster than mine. Lets say his horse doesnt tilt down so much as mine does. So it allows him to be faster than me in general. Understand?

Now I compare mine horse (turn/brake 137/134) vs pure white which never can get even 135% (correct me if Im wrong) for turn/brake (w/o gear ofc) but its still faster than my horse. 

So what Im trying to say is that the white horse with black hair looks completely useless compared to pure white/black.

I'd say that's accurate. The pure black (T7C) is amazing because it's speed is only 4.2% slower than the T7B (the pure white one), but has a full 21.5% more turn and braking.

The T7E (the black and white one) is 6.8% slower in speed and accel than the T7C, and a full 10% slower on both against the T7B. It's got 17% more turn and brake than the T7B, but has more than 4% slower than the T7C. It's just not one of the better T7 breeds.

Also - holy crap I want T9 to be released. Sure, it's a pipe dream, but if anyone ever gets it, those stats...

datpegasus.jpg

Edited by SilentZed
1 person likes this

Posted

Time for some humour, all this math hurts the head.  I now have a challenger for stable dumbass, meet Venus.  The question for you is How Many Skill Change Coupons and Premium Horse Appearance coupons would I need to fix her?  :D

Venus.thumb.JPG.e60e5ec71fc81f3799af10c5

5 people like this

Posted

I'd say that's accurate. The pure black (T7C) is amazing because it's speed is only 4.2% slower than the T7B (the pure white one), but has a full 21.5% more turn and braking.

The T7E (the black and white one) is 6.8% slower in speed and accel than the T7C, and a full 10% slower on both against the T7B. It's got 17% more turn and brake than the T7B, but has more than 4% slower than the T7C. It's just not one of the better T7 breeds.

Also - holy crap I want T9 to be released. Sure, it's a pipe dream, but if anyone ever gets it, those stats...

datpegasus.jpg

That's like.. T8E speed.

Posted

That's like.. T8E speed.

Bonney my T8E has 164.4% with gear on. But her other stats are not even close to this :x 

1 person likes this