• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Time for some humour, all this math hurts the head.  I now have a challenger for stable dumbass, meet Venus.  The question for you is How Many Skill Change Coupons and Premium Horse Appearance coupons would I need to fix her?  :D

Venus.thumb.JPG.e60e5ec71fc81f3799af10c5

haha ummm.... too damn many is the correct answer!

Posted

I've been mulling it over since I originally thought about it yesterday, and I think that the method should probably measure against the highest tier parent unless the higher tier parent is a T8. After all, the primary reason for breeding is to improve your stock. But in the case of a T8 parent, it's impossible to improve upon it, so then the goal is only to improve the lower tier parent.

So perhaps in your example, the column G formula should be something like "=IF(MAX(A,C)<8, MAX(A,C), MIN(A,C))". Which would first discover if both parents are below T8. If both are below T8 then it'll use MAX to identify the higher tier parent as the metric. If one of the parents is indeed a T8 then it'll use MIN to identify the lower tier parent as the metric. In the case of two T8 parents, it could only result in a Static or Downgrade state.

Well, that conclusion is just the current opinion running through my head at the moment. If I mull it over more, there's a chance I'll think of something I hadn't considered. But the logic appears rather sound to me at the moment. What's your opinion on the matter?  Your solution is already simpler than the method I'd first concocted (but I was kinda loopy on brandy at the time I'd initially thought of the concept, so it's no wonder).

[edit] So I've got the formula "=IF(MAX(C3,L3)<8, MAX(C3,L3), MIN(C3,L3))" which works. However I'm having a dickens of a time trying to figure out how to get ARRAYFORMULA to work with it to accommodate repopulating every cell in the column. Grrr... arrayformula is one of my biggest gripes about Google Sheets.

That's great idea too! The IF(MAX is working well for me but I know Sheets is finicky and a formula that was working just fine for me 3 minutes ago will decide, "No, I'm not doing this anymore." Maybe try the $ in front of column range for absolute reference like =ARRAYFORMULA(IF(MAX($A2,$B2)<8,MAX($A2,$B2),MIN($A2,$B2))). If that doesn't work then Google is having a bad day and it probably needs some space.

Time for some humour, all this math hurts the head.  I now have a challenger for stable dumbass, meet Venus.  The question for you is How Many Skill Change Coupons and Premium Horse Appearance coupons would I need to fix her?  :D

AHHAhahahhaha that screenshot!!!

Posted (edited)

Venus.thumb.JPG.e60e5ec71fc81f3799af10c5

I feel your pain.  It hurts when you have one you hope will be so good only for them to turn into such a bunch o' dumb.  I thought I might be a winner for owning that horse with this oh so smart T7:

sodone.thumb.jpg.5f862598cfcd9850fa59c85

I kept thinking each level, he has to learn another skill.. he HAS to.  His name was given because when I did that exchange I was SO DAMN DONE WITH HORSE BREEDING that I named the exchange Sodone.  I guess once again, the horse is having the last laugh.  Or is that Kakao...

**Passes that giant box of kleenex to you***  why do we keep doing this to ourselves??  I can't seem to keep away from it even though each time I get this kind of thing happening it makes me rage.  LOL

As a side-note and for a laugh, or a cry:  My playing partner (I may have mentioned this once before) refused to buy or capture a horse for the longest time when we first started playing.  He rode his donkey(s) everywhere.  I, on the other hand, got deep into the horses.  He only decided to get a horse after we had a small discussion about him taking forever to get to the place to do the scrolls and I called him stubborn and difficult among others.  So one day I passed him on the road while leveling my wagon of horses, riding a damn horse.  He had bought a T3 off the market and was leveling it.  When it was 30, he bought another one and leveled it.  Bred them and first crack out of the stables, got the T6N male.  Low % chance.. was a skin I had not gotten as of that time.  He named it difficult.  (His others were also named belligerent, and stubborn).  Well difficult the horse learned every good skill a T6 can get, only missing IA.  He had 2-seater, drift/sprint, and a total of 13 skills when level 30.  He used 1 coupon and got IA.  He then exchanged his 2 t3 horses and got a T4 female that he leveled.  Bred that with Difficult and got a T5 female.  Think he leveled the T5 female (which was the white/black one) and bred it with Difficult and got a T7 female. (the 0/5/3 value one).  She sat in the stables once she was leveled because she didn't have good skills.  This weekend he decided to try to get a T8 so he reset Difficult, bred the 2 and out popped a T8 male.  I couldn't believe it.  I thought at first he had gotten the T8E but it was the white/black one.  He is leveling that one now and by level 12 it had drift/sprint/IA and Sideways move.  At 23 it is only missing S:Sideways move to be a courser.  That is his WHOLE breeding history right there and now he has almost a perfect horse and he only replaced FC I think 2 or 3 times and that horse has learned every good skill naturally.  I can't recall what he named it but it is along the same lines as the above named horses.  I'm both happy and furious about this! :D  I'm leveling the same version of T8 only a female.  I've had to fight for every courser skill it has learned.  I guess I should be glad it has learned HK 6 times and FC 4 times!

I'm glad there is the horse breeder's forum so that we have a safe place to vent.  I love that SS you took, too funny.  She has a very smug look on her face.

Edited to clarify that he named the horses he got from breeding those names, that isn't the names of the ones he bought.  All his horses now bear names of that nature.  He thought he was being cute :P  Still does apparently.. :D 

2016-06-23_514390445.JPG

Edited by Ynara
To clarify regarding the names :) and to remove ghost image.. and put back Sodone image..
4 people like this

Posted

I finally got my 2nd T8 after so long after my first one Coconut! This one isn't quite my favorite skin...but I actually needed just this horse to prepare it for T9 awakening since I didn't want to use my white purebreed T8. I just hope he's not a potato hahaha

Also this is the second breeding for the parents, the first result was a T6 and I honestly don't really know if I want to exchange the two T7s or not? The male parent horse is a courser horse and has 13 skills and is the smartest horse I have (I have another courser horse, but he's not as fast); I currently don't have a horse for T7 racing. Do you think I should keep him or try my chance at a second T8 horse?

T7 M 30                               T7 F 30                                T8 M

t7whiteb.thumb.png.d625fe4294554b24a5e8f + PcMCPfY.thumb.png.5de0c5aa772c4940e341b5 = t8horseie.thumb.png.7d94f39b389bc5d259d1

4 people like this

Posted

I finally got my 2nd T8 after so long after my first one Coconut! This one isn't quite my favorite skin...but I actually needed just this horse to prepare it for T9 awakening since I didn't want to use my white purebreed T8. I just hope he's not a potato hahaha

Also this is the second breeding for the parents, the first result was a T6 and I honestly don't really know if I want to exchange the two T7s or not? The male parent horse is a courser horse and has 13 skills and is the smartest horse I have (I have another courser horse, but he's not as fast); I currently don't have a horse for T7 racing. Do you think I should keep him or try my chance at a second T8 horse?

T7 M 30                               T7 F 30                                T8 M

t7whiteb.thumb.png.d625fe4294554b24a5e8f + PcMCPfY.thumb.png.5de0c5aa772c4940e341b5 = t8horseie.thumb.png.7d94f39b389bc5d259d1

Congrats on the T8 :)  As for exchanging, I won't say you should or shouldn't.  I will say that I exchanged a very good T7 horse once with my potato T8 female and I've regretted it ever since.  It gave me a horrid T6 female.  It's a gamble.  If you win you will be happy, if you lose like I did, you will probably regret it (like I do).

Posted

I. Do you think I should keep him or try my chance at a second T8 horse?

LOL that is your decision, and a tough one. :)

I am continuing to level Venus because I want to see how few skills she ends up with.  I have a male T7mI who is level 17 with FOUR skills.  I am going to breed these two horses in the interests of rng science and see what the foals look like.....probably tier ones.......It is like a train wreck these two, you just can't stop watching to see if they will ever learn anything else. LOL.

@Ynara yeah my partner too is just not into horses.  Bred two T5s, one was conquerors and got two T7 females long ago.  He still hasn't finished leveling them, but said he would one day....will prob get T8 first try...

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats on the T8 :)  As for exchanging, I won't say you should or shouldn't.  I will say that I exchanged a very good T7 horse once with my potato T8 female and I've regretted it ever since.  It gave me a horrid T6 female.  It's a gamble.  If you win you will be happy, if you lose like I did, you will probably regret it (like I do).

Omg haha I'm so scared. I have 4 T7s ready to be exchanged right now, but each male parent I kinda want to keep because one is the black purebreed and the other one is the courser I just mentioned. So I'm not sure...maybe I should level up the T8 I just received and see if it turns into a potato or not then decide from there.

Posted

I am continuing to level Venus because I want to see how few skills she ends up with.  I have a male T7mI who is level 17 with FOUR skills.  I am going to breed these two horses in the interests of rng science and see what the foals look like.....probably tier ones.......It is like a train wreck these two, you just can't stop watching to see if they will ever learn anything else. LOL.

@Ynara yeah my partner too is just not into horses.  Bred two T5s, one was conquerors and got two T7 females long ago.  He still hasn't finished leveling them, but said he would one day....will prob get T8 first try...

Haha!  I know what you mean.. and your T7 with 4 skills at 17.. well, that statement scares me a bit.  LOL  I was hoping to use this male as my breeder for a possible T8E white.  It is why I'm leveling this wagon.  Thank goodness I have a backup male that I might use instead if this one turns out to be a total dud.  I really didn't think T7s could be so terrible but I found out different when I bought a T7 from market at lvl 1 with FC as skill.  That horse was dumb as dirt.  It never got one decent skill all the way to 30.  NOT ONE.  I'm going to breed it eventually and get rid of it.

Posted

LOL that is your decision, and a tough one. :)

It is tough! I think I will wait to see how this horse does first.

And wow only 4??? That's gotta be a record low. O.o

Posted

I have lots of T7s fortunately, these are just the two worst I have ever had so am curious to see the foals.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have lots of T7s fortunately, these are just the two worst I have ever had so am curious to see the foals.

I'm interested in how this turns out too!  Update me with results :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I was too slow, it expired.  Willing to post another, or PM me one?  I would love to join.

Posted

Progress on wagon feels so slow but you know in the end you save so much time... @3@

Another week and I'll have my 4 t7xt6 pure white attempt ready, and after that it'll be a while longer to level up another wagon of t6s for 4 more just t8 attempts.

Posted

Why would you want to fix it? Its only T7 ರ_ರ

Posted

There is no way in hell you should exchange a T7 courser, especially one that you describe as fast (our of curiosity what is the speed?).

To put it in perspective even if you got a T8, the odds are it would be less valuable to you than the T7 courser once leveled. For a T8 to be an upgrade over good T7 courser you need at minimum Charge, IA, Sprint, Drift, S.IA.

Posted

There is no way in hell you should exchange a T7 courser, especially one that you describe as fast (our of curiosity what is the speed?).

To put it in perspective even if you got a T8, the odds are it would be less valuable to you than the T7 courser once leveled. For a T8 to be an upgrade over good T7 courser you need at minimum Charge, IA, Sprint, Drift, S.IA.

Oh no no, it's not like super fast or anything. It's the fastest T7 I own haha It's only 141.6%.
I have been breeding and exchanging all my T7s for a shot at another T8 but I ended up with some T7 coursers that I don't quite want to get rid of this time around...and I don't have any T7 horses for racing so I'm thinking about keeping him as one.

Yea I'm a bit scared of exchanging and downgrading to a T6 so I think I might just not exchange him.

Posted (edited)

@DenverRalphy

If I understand you correctly, you want to populate a column with the tier of the higher tier parent using an arrayformula? This equation should do what you need it to.

={"Max Parent Tier";arrayformula(if(C3:C>L3:L,C3:C,L3:L))}

Let me know if I misunderstood your intentions for the equation doesn't work as it should. You can pop it into any blank column one cell above where you want it to start populating results.

Did you decide whether you wanted to consider T8s? I can adjust the equation to use the lower of the two tiers if one is a T8 if you want. Just let me know.

Edit: The equation below can be used if you want to exclude T8s.

={"Max Parent Tier";arrayformula(if(C3:C=8,L3:L,if(L3:L=8,C3:C,if(C3:C>L3:L,C3:C,L3:L))))}

Edited by Solest
2 people like this

Posted

@DenverRalphy

If I understand you correctly, you want to populate a column with the tier of the higher tier parent using an arrayformula? This equation should do what you need it to.

={"Max Parent Tier";arrayformula(if(C3:C>L3:L,C3:C,L3:L))}

Let me know if I misunderstood your intentions for the equation doesn't work as it should. You can pop it into any blank column one cell above where you want it to start populating results.

Did you decide whether you wanted to consider T8s? I can adjust the equation to use the lower of the two tiers if one is a T8 if you want. Just let me know.

Yeah, I'd worked out something similar that also checks if either parent is T8. My mistake was trying to use the Min/Max functions which aren't very conducive to working with arrayformula. So I basically created a manual formula.

Posted (edited)

Pffft who needs DK Awakening when we now have....  

@PandoraRose photoshoot tonight pleaseeeee :x 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Aastrid
Spelling
4 people like this

Posted

Pffft who needs DK Awakenig when we now have....

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just looked at the patch notes and saw that.

I NEED MONIES. ;.;

Posted (edited)

I just looked at the patch notes and saw that.

I NEED MONIES. ;.;

Im like 200-300 pearls short xD always the way!

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

Im like 200-300 pearls short xD always the way!

Always. xD

I've been 2 pearls short of things before. It made me crazy!

See, I was gonna crawl back in to bed, but.. gotta work on things..<.<

I need carousel horse armor in my life.

Posted

Always. xD

I've been 2 pearls short of things before. It made me crazy!

See, I was gonna crawl back in to bed, but.. gotta work on things..<.<

I need carousel horse armor in my life.

Carousel horse armor to match our outfits! :x

Quick get sketching :D 

Posted

Well .. crap.  I don't usually go in for girly stuff but I kinda want that horse outfit.

Posted

Well .. crap.  I don't usually go in for girly stuff but I kinda want that horse outfit.

+1 =(