• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Any chance that machine has a daily virus scan scheduled for that time of day, and it takes over a large portion of the HD access? Also, the last couple of weeks I've seen a lot of Windows 10 updates coming in if you're running a Live Preview build, and whenever my Win10 machine starts background downloading it jacks with my BDO experience (I can't stand Win10's update process, you can only tell it when, or if, it can auto-restart to allow updates to take effect. However you can't stop or schedule it from performing the actual update itself).

That computer runs Windows 7 with no virus detection on it since it literally is only used for afk'ing this game. And this is the wonderful response I got back from support after they didn't read anything:

"Black Desert Online is a sandbox fantasy simulator and working by that philosophy the auto-pathing system is intentionally imperfect. You need to be careful that your route does not take you through a dangerous area, a deep patch of water or even close to the edge of a cliff or you risk running into this situation again.

I am very sorry that you encountered this situation without prior knowledge, however now that you have know it can happen, you know how to avoid running into the same situation again.

I hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to contact us again in the future."

I guess water is now somehow on the roads from the top of Heidel to the fork on the other side.....

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne

Posted

thank you RNG :\

Zucht.thumb.JPG.3d76b9636f1a0662cd141a25

In all the breeding I have done, I have never gotten a pure from breeding two pures.  In fact, I don't even bother trying anymore.  Has anyone gotten a pure from this kind of pairing?

Posted

ew it colors the mane simply white? meh

yeah, white with some blue blinks. But mane is not the worst part. This white transparent cloth looks like a bridal veil when you zoom in, but it looks like ugly white bedcover when you zoom out xD

Posted

Ouch. That hurts. I had similar crap a month ago :(

In all the breeding I have done, I have never gotten a pure from breeding two pures.  In fact, I don't even bother trying anymore.  Has anyone gotten a pure from this kind of pairing?

Not me personally but I've seen Korean video where a guy got white T8 from two white T7s. It's just rng.

Posted

My hope on colors died today =(

PIk8pbE.png

At least I got a T7 with 2 skill on lvl1 (his mother was a courser)

PS. I got this horse gear and now I see that its kinda ugly:(

I feel your pain, guys

Screenshot (70).png

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I haven't. But to be fair, looking back I only have one attempt at doing so.

bdoRecentBreedingResults.jpeg

Great, now I have another statistic to track in my spreadsheet. O.o

[Edit] However it's not so surprising that two purebreds rarely result in another purebred. It's a 1 out of 8, or 12% chance of hitting it.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

**for those of you interested in Venus's progress (white T7) who had HK and Caution only at lvl ten.  She is lv 21 now with 5. 9_9

You just dashed any hope I had that mine might develop some brains at some point.  I've had others like that, but mainly just recently.  I never used to have that much crap luck with skills.  It is just recently that I've noticed some real duds, even at the higher tier level.  Sorry you have to have that horse, in particular that pure white, with such a low IQ. :(

1 person likes this

Posted

Just an FYI, in the beta forums I started a new thread called "The Fennel Horse Hall of Shame" so that we could celebrate our potatoes who have honoured us with their presence. *cough.  It is only fair since the T8 wunderhorses have their own thread.  The Hall of Shame is open to all tiers. Fun reading -  wish I could remember the person who bought a lvl17 Tier 1 with HK as the only skill, and that horse had a premium appearance coupon on it.  They leveled it to 30 and it still never learned another skill.  If you are reading this, please add that amazing horse to the thread :)

* hope the beta becomes permanent soon, so annoying having two threads going at same time....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

* hope the beta becomes permanent soon, so annoying having two threads going at same time....

Yeah. I like the ability to start new threads that can disappear once the topic has run its course instead of cluttering a mega thread that can result in being derailed. I just started a new thread there myself so as not to derail this one.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

So....I had a bit of a brain malfunction.  I was going to exchange some horses taking up space that were all leveled and bred, a t6m and t5f (for hope of a t7) and sell the t6f to imperial delivery for some seals and cash because I'm strapped for it atm..  What actually happened was I sold the low priced t5 to Imperial delivery and accidentally hit confirm to put the t6f on the market....well, 10 minute wait time so no problem, I just cancel it......Oh no, you can't cancel a horse now for 15 minutes!   So, extra cash I guess but less seals, and no chance at the t7. Doh.  Oh well.  I better not try anything else today:$

Edited by Starrberry

Posted

The day before last, I believe.. had a mishap. Feli was nice enough to try and throw a breed with one of her T8 males, so I threw my T71 female at him.

Only.. she clicked the wrong one and I ended up breeding with a level 1 T8. xD (I didn't notice since breeds/horses of T7/T8 go fast, so I admittedly didn't stop to read as I should of)

And to add insult to injury(accidental of course):

X8VyW4m.png Male(1 lmao) + dXhS0q1.png Female(30) = N4yNWhR.png Female

Lmao.

She sold me one of her T7I's to make up for it, though.<3 So while it hurt, i'm grateful she was willing to help me out on my lack of ladies.

8 people like this

Posted

The day before last, I believe.. had a mishap. Feli was nice enough to try and throw a breed with one of her T8 males, so I threw my T71 female at him.

Only.. she clicked the wrong one and I ended up breeding with a level 1 T8. xD (I didn't notice since breeds/horses of T7/T8 go fast, so I admittedly didn't stop to read as I should of)

Lmao.

She sold me one of her T7I's to make up for it, though.<3 So while it hurt, i'm grateful she was willing to help me out on my lack of ladies.

T5? omfg

Posted

N4yNWhR.png

well it does look quite close to it´s father though :D 

Posted (edited)

So....I had a bit of a brain malfunction.  I was going to exchange some horses taking up space that were all leveled and bred, a t6m and t5f (for hope of a t7) and sell the t6f to imperial delivery for some seals and cash because I'm strapped for it atm..  What actually happened was I sold the low priced t5 to Imperial delivery and accidentally hit confirm to put the t6f on the market....well, 10 minute wait time so no problem, I just cancel it......Oh no, you can't cancel a horse now for 15 minutes!   So, extra cash I guess but less seals, and no chance at the t7. Doh.  Oh well.  I better not try anything else today:$

Today I kind of had a dilemma myself. Though it was opposite (in a manner of speaking) to what you had. I've got stables full of T6 lvl 30's, a smattering of T7's in the 20's, and a few lvl-1 T7's. I had to do some cleaning to make space in my stables. I'll freely admit I was in no mood to run horses to random non-city/town stables to plug them in, then run back on foot. So which horses to get rid of? It was agonizing, but I wound up selling 2 full breeds left  T7's  on the market that were level 1, versus the T6's that are at lvl-30 just waiting for breeds. Basically I erred in favor of how long it'd take to level up the T7's. 

So in a nutshell, I hope and pray that the 2 T7's (1 male and 1 female) with full breeds, were scooped up by horse breeders and not just Joe Schmoe players who wouldn't appreciate what they actually got their hands on.

Ironically, minutes after my 2 T7's sold, there was that thread (that was almost immediately closed down) trying to sell T7 horses for pearls. So there's a pretty good chance they weren't scooped up by other breeders.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Ouch!
I've never received a purebred horse from matching the same colors, but then again my RNG is the worst.

Also, I was feeling generous, and I WAS going to post 6 T7's all with two-seater on the market but open checking my character during my lunch break I found my wagon destroyed and my character dead. It's been months since I've been PK'd while training. I guess I'll just go ahead and smash these last remaining T7 together. 

3 people like this

Posted

Oh wow, sorry, Denver.

I was doing all of what you mentioned.....I was at every stable from Calpheon to Velia and then to Port Ephoria and Calpheon and to Glish and back to Heidel and Velia.......organizing all my level 30's and my T7's, etc....all that before i made my booboo so I get it.

I did keep checking the horse market today and never saw any breedable T7's though.

I have so many females that I think I need to level up some 4 & 5's I have to try to get some males for my t6 females so I can save my 7's for 7's.  That's why I kept checking the market every where I went, hehe.

Posted

T5? omfg

And T7 was a potential outcome. 9_9

well it does look quite close to it´s father though :D 

Just a bit. xD He was immediately put up for adoption.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lmao.

I'm not sure if its OK to say that.. but.. this cheers me up 

(sorry! sorry! sorry! >_< )

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if its OK to say that.. but.. this cheers me up 

(sorry! sorry! sorry! >_< )

that´s a little evil indeed, considering it was an accident : D

but no worries i´ll make some new t8s soon to make up for it <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
*evil rat laughter*

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted

that´s a little evil indeed, considering it was an accident : D

but no worries i´ll make some new t8s soon to make up for it <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
*evil rat laughter*

my T6s are in gettin' busy xD attempt 16 & 17 at a T7 from 2x T6s......................

Posted

Just an FYI, in the beta forums I started a new thread called "The Fennel Horse Hall of Shame" so that we could celebrate our potatoes who have honoured us with their presence. *cough.  It is only fair since the T8 wunderhorses have their own thread.  The Hall of Shame is open to all tiers. Fun reading -  wish I could remember the person who bought a lvl17 Tier 1 with HK as the only skill, and that horse had a premium appearance coupon on it.  They leveled it to 30 and it still never learned another skill.  If you are reading this, please add that amazing horse to the thread :)

That was me with T1 lvl 30 shiny potato. Can you drop a link to new Hall of Shame thread please, will post some pictures there :)

1 person likes this

Posted

That was me with T1 lvl 30 shiny potato. Can you drop a link to new Hall of Shame thread please, will post some pictures there :)

https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/horse-training.178/

It is the new beta forum, which will be replacing this one (will be archived here).  You need to make an account using your game email and password so the forum participants all have to be members ingame.  Wish they would hurry up and finalize it, confusing to have two ongoing.  And thank you for responding, that horse in my opinion is KING OF THE FENNELS!

Posted

It is the new beta forum, which will be replacing this one (will be archived here).  You need to make an account using your game email and password so the forum participants all have to be members ingame.  Wish they would hurry up and finalize it, confusing to have two ongoing.  And thank you for responding, that horse in my opinion is KING OF THE FENNELS!

I LOVE this idea :)  I found the story posted in the role-play section posted by Fennel's owner, Kithira (hope I spelled that right)  Link:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/72040-story-of-fennel-aka-honorable-horses/#comment-921704

Hope this is okay to link it in case anyone hasn't read the backstory written by Fennel's owner!

Posted

Thanks I have posted my story there :)

Posted

Hey all, wanted to get some opinions on the best way to move forward with trying for Courser on my T8. She is level 29 and is missing Sideways Move, S: Sideways Move, Two-seater (which would be fun but can def live without) and Caution. She has every other possible skill. I only need Sideways and S:Sideways. If using coupons IS an option, what would be the best recomendation? Should I do nothing more till 30? Should I try swapping some skills now? If so what skill should I try giving up? S:Front or back Kick? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.