• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok 100% sick of this now... attempts number 16 & 17 at getting a T7 from 2x T6s both level 27 AND 0 deaths... Statistically... this is poop xD

EDIT: Keeps adding old image >.<

att 16 & 17.jpg

2017-04-12_14132668.JPG

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

Hey all, wanted to get some opinions on the best way to move forward with trying for Courser on my T8. She is level 29 and is missing Sideways Move, S: Sideways Move, Two-seater (which would be fun but can def live without) and Caution. She has every other possible skill. I only need Sideways and S:Sideways. If using coupons IS an option, what would be the best recomendation? Should I do nothing more till 30? Should I try swapping some skills now? If so what skill should I try giving up? S:Front or back Kick? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Posted

Hey all, wanted to get some opinions on the best way to move forward with trying for Courser on my T8. She is level 29 and is missing Sideways Move, S: Sideways Move, Two-seater (which would be fun but can def live without) and Caution. She has every other possible skill. I only need Sideways and S:Sideways. If using coupons IS an option, what would be the best recomendation? Should I do nothing more till 30? Should I try swapping some skills now? If so what skill should I try giving up? S:Front or back Kick? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

swap both forekick/hindkick if possible then continue your way to 30

Posted

swap both forekick/hindkick if possible then continue your way to 30

Do you mean normal kicks or the special varieties?

Posted

Today's breedings -

1st pair and my very first T7 to T7 breeding. I crossed my fingers and...

7E.png T7E Male (30) "Lucky" + 7B.png T7B Female (30) "Serenia" = 6I.png T6I Female "Janelle" (started with Quick Back)

Well - that's disappointing. A female at least, and it's a decent breed from the 6s, so I shrugged, reset the female and...

7E.png T7E Male (30) "Lucky" + 7B.png T7B Female (30) "Serenia" = 6I.png T6I Female "Cripes" (ALSO started with Quick Back)

And now, I get frustrated. Moreover, not only was it not a T7, but it was the same breed, another female (seriously, I have had a hard time breeding males lately) AND it started with Quick Back just like the other >.<

So...I mull it over. I have a Male Breeding Reset, and another T7 female that just has to be leveled and I could get another two breedings out of it (though it wouldn't be able to produce a T8E =/). So I think on it...and I get pissed off. Two T6s from two T7s. I swear I would have gotten T5s if that were possible...so I decide to exchange...AAAAAANNNNND

7E.png T7E Male (30) "Lucky" + 7B.png T7B Female (30) "Serenia" = 8E.pngT8E Female "Nova"

*grinning ensues, dancing, goat sacrifice* In hindsight, I should have sacrificed the goat prior to it, but I think the Dark Lord knew I was good for it.

Total time from beginning breeding to T8 for me was around 6 weeks and I am currently Professional4 almost to Professional5, having purchased a T5 at 30 for exchange, a T6 at 30 for exchange, and a single T8 breeding which resulted in a T6 also >.<

Still - thank you to everyone for all of the help, information and everything else. I am so damned happy =D

T8yoooooo.jpg

16 people like this

Posted

Do you mean normal kicks or the special varieties?

The basic one, not the S:

Posted

Can anyone help me out please? I have a T7 female (took me ages to get), that just needs sideways move to be courser. It has every other courser skill and even has two-seater.

I am using it as breeding horse with 2 breeds left as well as racing horse.

Should I use skill resets for sideways move or no? I am trying to get t8 through breeds but I know the chance of that is shit, and I already spent 20 skill resets to get instant accel on her.

Posted

Update on Wytelytin... Lvl 17 8 skills 😢

What's going on with my t8s? Such potatoes. She has IA and charge. Got charge from swapping caution. Hasn't gotten FC again to use it. I'm cursed lol. Really wanted her to be smart and be my every day rider. 

She does look pretty in the new outfit!

My male horse told my husband's horse this earlier ," Man do you see this get up she has me in? She thinks I'm a girl!" I won't use the bad language he used. But Hubby's horse laughed, "Hehehhee" Yea sounded like horse talk not laughter but I know he was laughing at Dash! Yup the Anemos outfit 😋

Can anyone help me out please? I have a T7 female (took me ages to get), that just needs sideways move to be courser. It has every other courser skill and even has two-seater.

Should I use skill resets for sideways move or no? I am trying to get t8 through breeds but I know the chance of that is shit, and I already spent 20 skill resets to get instant accel on her.

how many skills does he have? If it's just a few missing it might not be so bad. If he has 10 skills it may be very difficult. All depends on money you want to put out. I know I've spent way too much on horses recently and still can't get some skills on a few that I want.

3 people like this

Posted

That depends, sideways moves is no important for racing except few situations where sometimes sideways can help you to turn quicker but i see your aim is to have it for the 2x skills born horse? not worth in my opinion but still depends on how many skills (total) it has, looking at fact you spent 20x coupons then this horse must had low number of skills so i would say no, save those coupons for your future T8.

Posted

I decided not to use cupons on the last T8 I got...She had 12 skills on 20 which yea isnt bad but only 1 courser skill...And I don't fancy trying to swap for every single one plus who knows if she wants to relearn forechop...

I don't have money to continuously throw on breeding and skill resets it feels like waste xD guess I realised am not up for playing this gamble game on horses lol

Went out n got new clothes for summer instead *shrugs* I will wait for better horse n if I see real potential then I might do few swaps...Other then that nah horses can get expensive real fast when one isn't holding back boo...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Same here but then this happened, 16 skills so thought it is worth using 1 coupon to change fore chop and it gave me S: sideways then learned fore chop at lv26, now with 17 skills and 4 more levels to go (changed fore chop again at 26) hoping it shows in the next 4 levels to get my last courser skill (charge) then having 4x coursers that i do not know what to do with xD 

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.04.14_11h37m08s_001_.jpg

Edited by SillySin
2 people like this

Posted

.. having 4x coursers that i do not know what to do with xD

Aren't you gonna get all T9 types? ;D This is exactly what you need: main T8, 1 T8 for Pegasus, 1 T8 for Unicorn and 1 T8 for Hell-horse. Also we don't know how hard/easy they learn skills during lvling =\ So its always good to have another T8 in your stables

1 person likes this

Posted

Update on Wytelytin... Lvl 17 8 skills 😢

What's going on with my t8s? Such potatoes. She has IA and charge. Got charge from swapping caution. Hasn't gotten FC again to use it. I'm cursed lol. Really wanted her to be smart and be my every day rider.

This is every single horse for me for weeks now. =/ I'm still convinced they nerfed skill output to try and sell those freaking premium appearance changes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Aren't you gonna get all T9 types? ;D This is exactly what you need: main T8, 1 T8 for Pegasus, 1 T8 for Unicorn and 1 T8 for Hell-horse. Also we don't know how hard/easy they learn skills during lvling =\ So its always good to have another T8 in your stables

True that, also maybe selling a T9 might be worth it, we will see.

Posted

True that, also maybe selling a T9 might be worth it, we will see.

Are they even  sellable? Anyone know how much is the marketplace price?

Posted

Are they even  sellable? Anyone know how much is the marketplace price?

i have seen this from kr, probably a perfect p2w one that is 

http://i.imgur.com/GjHtqtd.jpg

Posted

i have seen this from kr, probably a perfect p2w one that is 

http://i.imgur.com/GjHtqtd.jpg

Holy hell. But still getting a T9 feels like getting a PEN, so it feels even undervalued.

Posted

can you level pegasus while flying ?

Posted

Holy hell. But still getting a T9 feels like getting a PEN, so it feels even undervalued.

With current T8 breed rates getting  T9 is like getting a HEX kzarka upgrade.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

2017-04-14_259043763.thumb.JPG.8dd2051d1

This T7 guy has all skills except for one (sprint), a single coupon would guarantee he becomes a courser. I have 7 coupons saved for a rainy day.

What do you guys think, should I use one of my skill change coupons to make this guy a courser and get some 2 skill foals from him? Or should I save the coupon for future T8s?

Edited by Solest

Posted

@Solest I would recommend using the skill coupon. Increases value of your T7 and the offsprings. Totally worth 1 coupon!

Posted

What do you guys think, should I use one of my skill change coupons to make this guy a courser and get some 2 skill foals from him? Or should I save the coupon for future T8s?

I would certainly make courser

Posted (edited)

This T7 guy has all skills except for one (sprint), a single coupon would guarantee he becomes a courser. I have 7 coupons saved for a rainy day.

Just my opinion, but personally I feel that unless you're into Horse Racing, or it will be better than your current general use T7 mounts, the only tier you spend those coupons on is T8 (and even then cuz you want a T9 eligible mount). Sure the 2nd skill on a foal is nice, but in my experience that second skill never really determines the outcome of that foal when it hits 30. If you are into horse racing, and it'd improve your T7 to be better than your current T7 racer, then perhaps it may be worth it. But if all the horse is ever going to be is breeding stock that will eventually get replaced later, I wouldn't bother.

If you don't need a courser, and wouldn't recognize any noticeable advantage to having another courser, I'd say save the coupon.

But then too... I'm in the camp that doesn't like to see coupons spent willy nilly because that just reinforces Kakao/PA's propensity to inhibit improvements to horse breeding in favor of customers buying more coupons from the cash shop.

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are you the exchange kind of guy/gal?  If so, save your coupon.  Or are you wanting to sell your horse to get money kind of guy?  If so, definitely courser, as it'll bump the value of the horse up by quite a bit.

Unless you have plans to ride that horse, I don't see a reason to make it a courser.  And with access to T8 like I see you do, you really don't wan to ride a much slower T7 (double instant acceleration is a drug).  2 skill foals don't mean anything at all, it really doesn't.  Coursers below T8 are pretty much useless unless you're bumping up the value of a horse for sale purposes.  

To put in perspective, 1 skills change coupon guaranteeing you a Sprint skill and making the horse courser is going to be the best pearl>silver exchange rate you'll get in the game.  If you need the silver, doing this is better than buying an outfit from the pearl market and selling it for silver.

Edited by Gavyne
2 people like this

Posted

To put in perspective, 1 skills change coupon guaranteeing you a Sprint skill and making the horse courser is going to be the best pearl>silver exchange rate you'll get in the game.  If you need the silver, doing this is better than buying an outfit from the pearl market and selling it for silver.

If it was a T8, probably. But a T7? I dunno. How much extra silver does a T7 get just for being courser? Outfits sell for around 24mil on the MP, and I don't know that I've seen any T7 coursers that come close to that difference. Especially since sellers are taxed heavily with the horse market.