• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

If it was a T8, probably. But a T7? I dunno. How much extra silver does a T7 get just for being courser? Outfits sell for around 24mil on the MP, and I don't know that I've seen any T7 coursers that come close to that difference. Especially since sellers are taxed heavily with the horse market.

I'm talking specifically of the exchange rate.  Let's take the discounted Anemos for an example, at 1760 pearls, they net 13,455,000 ingame tax-free.  That's 7,644 silver per pearl.

Sprint will net you over 5mil.  1 skills change coupon is 200 pearls, also discounted right now.  That's 25,000 silver per pearl.  And I haven't even factored in the bumped up value of courser yet.  Even with added 30% tax you're still way over the exchange rate of buying an outfit and selling it on the market.

Posted

2017-04-14_259043763.thumb.JPG.8dd2051d1

This T7 guy has all skills except for one (sprint), a single coupon would guarantee he becomes a courser. I have 7 coupons saved for a rainy day.

What do you guys think, should I use one of my skill change coupons to make this guy a courser and get some 2 skill foals from him? Or should I save the coupon for future T8s?

I dont really get the point why would you? It will be a cold day in hell before I spend even one skill coupon on any horse below tier 8 but hey thats just me.

Posted

I keep getting females from my breeding :(

I need some T7 males to go with my T7 females I keep getting

Posted

I keep getting females from my breeding :(

I need some T7 males to go with my T7 females I keep getting

That's like, a good problem to have..

Posted (edited)

No it's like having failstacks is good problem to have when it isn't when you can't + your gear to use those failstacks on more +

Having all these females is useless if I got no males to breed with

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted

Normally - I'd agree, but the last 8 breeds I have done have been female save for one, so it's not just me that's experiencing this massive influx of female horses.

Maybe they adjusted it to where we get roughly double to triple the amount of females across all breeding grades instead of making females, so instead of getting 8 males and 3 females, we're getting just the right amount of both.

God, I could only hope.

Posted (edited)

lol with females, you can buy breeds as people put up male breeders all the time on the breeder market.  Not to mention people actually sell males on the market.  If you have a problem like most people have, having too many males and not enough females, then you are completely utter stuck.

Like I said, it's a good problem to have, it's solvable.  It's nothing like failstacks, which is a whole other discussion in itself.  Personally I hate the failstacks & RNG mechanics in this game, but that's just me.

Edited by Gavyne
1 person likes this

Posted

lol with females, you can buy breeds as people put up male breeders all the time on the breeder market.  Not to mention people actually sell males on the market.  If you have a problem like most people have, having too many males and not enough females, then you are completely utter stuck.

Like I said, it's a good problem to have, it's solvable.  It's nothing like failstacks, which is a whole other discussion in itself.  Personally I hate the failstacks & RNG mechanics in this game, but that's just me.

That's true - I didn't think about using the whole breeding thing on the market since I just don't utilize it very often.

Posted

That's true - I didn't think about using the whole breeding thing on the market since I just don't utilize it very often.

Yeah it's actually pretty cheap.  If you think about it, 12mil to breed with someone's lvl 30 T7 male.  How long would it take you to level your own T7 to lvl 30?  A week maybe?  And in that time, could you not have made 50x the price needed to pay to breed on the market?  Yup yup.

Of course most people don't have this "too many T7 females" issue, so most just level up their own males.

Posted

Just trying to clean out T7s from my stables. I already sold all my T6's (even at level 1 w/ breeds). 

Male Lv30GTZPGF4.png "Jecht" + Female Lv30 dXhS0q1.png"Veyra"

1st Foal: T8E FemaleQo6pJQP.png "Fang"  - Starting skill "Instant Accel" :D 

2nd Foal: T7i Female dXhS0q1.png "Hanaye" -Starting skill "Hind Kick" 

I have a weird problem right now. I've gotten at least one T8 from every T7xT7 pairing so far... and the T8 is usually always female. Of the last 10 T8s that I've bred, 8 were female, 2 were male. 6 were pure white T8Es, 3 were T8A and 1 T8B... In the last 20 breeds I've done, I've only gotten 3x T6 females, which I sold right away at level 1. My plan was to instantly sell all T6s, breed out all my T7s, and eventually I wouldn't have any more T7s so I can stop breeding. I started with 3 T7s (1 male, 2 females) 2 months ago, and now I have 1x T7 males, 5x T7 females and 1x T8 female left in my stable. So I guess... I can't stop yet, but I want to. To me, I feel like even though they didn't increase the breeding rate, maybe they adjusted the % of T7 and T8s to be what they should've actually been in the first place. And that's why they probably feel like it isn't necessary to increase the breeding rate. Just my 2 cents though. 

4 people like this

Posted

This is every single horse for me for weeks now. =/ I'm still convinced they nerfed skill output to try and sell those freaking premium appearance changes.

ive never had those things give me xp or an extra skill (7 used in the past). So very hesitant to spend the money on them

Posted

ive never had those things give me xp or an extra skill (7 used in the past). So very hesitant to spend the money on them

As far as I know, the Premium appearance change coupons *should* give either XP or an extra skill as well as changing the appearance.  The regular appearance change coupons will only change appearance.

Posted

Just trying to clean out T7s from my stables. I already sold all my T6's (even at level 1 w/ breeds). 

Male Lv30GTZPGF4.png "Jecht" + Female Lv30 dXhS0q1.png"Veyra"

1st Foal: T8E FemaleQo6pJQP.png "Fang"  - Starting skill "Instant Accel" :D 

2nd Foal: T7i Female dXhS0q1.png "Hanaye" -Starting skill "Hind Kick" 

I have a weird problem right now. I've gotten at least one T8 from every T7xT7 pairing so far... and the T8 is usually always female. Of the last 10 T8s that I've bred, 8 were female, 2 were male. 6 were pure white T8Es, 3 were T8A and 1 T8B... In the last 20 breeds I've done, I've only gotten 3x T6 females, which I sold right away at level 1. My plan was to instantly sell all T6s, breed out all my T7s, and eventually I wouldn't have any more T7s so I can stop breeding. I started with 3 T7s (1 male, 2 females) 2 months ago, and now I have 1x T7 males, 5x T7 females and 1x T8 female left in my stable. So I guess... I can't stop yet, but I want to. To me, I feel like even though they didn't increase the breeding rate, maybe they adjusted the % of T7 and T8s to be what they should've actually been in the first place. And that's why they probably feel like it isn't necessary to increase the breeding rate. Just my 2 cents though. 

Same thing happened to me I went bred out all of my tier 7's and wound up with now a total of 6 tier 8's(albeit none were purebred though) so I wound up leveling those and breeding those out finally now I am just breeding level 15's for trash to get seals, took a while though because I got all of the tier 8's trying to stop high level breeding. I still have 4 tier 7's to get rid of though eventually.

Posted (edited)

Well.... unfortunately she's still not pretty if you look closely...

2017-04-14_19779808.JPG

That's the 'ketchup and mustard' T6.  If anyone wants to see a particular horse let me know....

Edited by Shaynae
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I managed to get my first T8 today on my first attempt (the first time RNG has ever blessed me in this game) seems like I have a pretty smart horse, Level 6 atm with 6 skills :D

EDIT: Level 7 - 7 Skills (the 7th skill is streak jump)

EDIT: Level 8 - 8 Skills (Charge) Also more details for anyone interested...

...I used 1 Premium Coupon (Did not receive a skill I gAot 250k exp)

...Apollyon is a T8A

...Bred from a T7 Steed and non steed (born with 1 skill)

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

apollyon.png

apollyon2.png

apollyon3.png

Edited by Cseal
3 people like this

Posted

I need advice from epirienced horsebreeders. Do you think, there is a connection between fully trained parent's skills and the chance of obtaining skills in foals?

In other words - if i fully train sprint, drift, etc. on my t8 male - will it make the foal smarter or at least help the foal get those skillls?

Posted

I managed to get my first T8 today on my first attempt (the first time RNG has ever blessed me in this game) seems like I have a pretty smart horse, Level 6 atm with 6 skills :D

...Apollyon is a T8A

Hidden Content

what kind of experience? there's nothing special going on :D level it to 30 first, then we'll see xD

I need advice from epirienced horsebreeders. Do you think, there is a connection between fully trained parent's skills and the chance of obtaining skills in foals?

In other words - if i fully train sprint, drift, etc. on my t8 male - will it make the foal smarter or at least help the foal get those skillls?

nope. it would make sense and would be an awesome feature but no. if anything would increase the chance of higher tiers ot better skills, we would have found out long ago :V

Posted (edited)

nope. it would make sense and would be an awesome feature but no. if anything would increase the chance of higher tiers ot better skills, we would have found out long ago :V

pity(

Edited by Angiel

Posted

...Apollyon is a T8A

Hidden Content

Nearly, yes:

(without using coupons)

2016-10-15_1112397.thumb.JPG.99866d11aa6

Posted

I actually spent quite a while testing this to be certain and unfortunately there is no association between what skills the parents have and what skills the foals learn.

1 person likes this

Posted

So much pretty white horsie made into yet another confetti-stable-party - and yes, I'm still clearing out my stables of lower tiers while I (not so patiently) wait for breeding rate increase. The 5I and 6E sure take after their mother - that's ok. But I'm not sure I'm all OK with white mare apparently having several affairs xD

150417breeding.thumb.png.6435ee83e5429b6

1 person likes this

Posted

...Apollyon is a T8A

Hidden Content

With the skills? Yes, my T8B learnt a skill every lvl from 1 through 14 and started with 2 skills on level 1. Now he's 22 and stuck on 15 ^^; reason: he learnt all the cheap skills and now has to learn ss/s:ss/sprint/drift.

Posted

GTZPGF4.pngfemale + dXhS0q1.pngT7m = LS4za5p.pngT6 female

GTZPGF4.pngreset +           PcMCPfY.pngT7m courser= XVYxCbb.pngT8 male

Trying to clean out my stables too.  My T7 white Venus is now 25 with 6 skills.....

1 person likes this

Posted

That moment when you're taking pictures of your horse and you snap a shot that makes you realize your horse's skin has the same texture as an avocado.

avacado_leg.thumb.png.2e9dc1671eaada3257

11 people like this

Posted

Everyone is cleaning out stables....I think I'd like to as well.  I have 15 level 30 t6 females right now looking for love......

I want to save my T7's for breeding with T7's and get a better shot at a 2nd T8 I hope. And 3rd and 4th......

Maybe I should catch a bunch of wild t5 boys for all them girls and hope for 7's.  Better than a 6x6 breed if the past is any indication.

1 person likes this