• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

don't worry theres hope! (28 and 10 skills)

at least that entertains you quite good :D

Posted

at least that entertains you quite good :D

It does now... xD still salty though :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

Damn my ultra smart T8A seems to be slowing down :(

it had 8 skills at lvl 11, 9 skills at lvl 12 and still 9 at 14. from learning one almost each level to none for 2 :P I know it's not that big of a deal but 9 skills at 14 still means it needs about 1 skill per 2 levels.

i hope he keeps learning

Here's my method of judging horses. If the horse's total skills x 2 is greater than their actual level, you're doing well. Granted that theory is much more important for T7 and below (cuz they have a maximum of 16 skills, so a level 30 with 15 is phenomenal). However, If a T8 that has a maximum of 20 (or 19 if it's a purebred) hits level 30 and has 15 or better, you're still doing okay. There's not so many skills left that they haven't learned that a skill reset will be much of a hassle. So a T8 with 9 skills at level 14 is still doing well even for a T8 that is level 18, so I wouldn't be too upset over it yet.

Just a heads up, and something I found interesting... Over the last couple of weeks, I've found my horse exp and distance per tick dropping. Couldn't figure out why. However, today something happened that resolved the issue, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it.

But first a little bit of back story...

That last week or so, I've started noticing higher CPU temps. This morning I found my machine shut down. I didn't recall shutting it down (in fact I know I didn't, because I had some AFK wagon training going on). So when I fire up my PC, I got an error stating that one of my fans wasn't running, and the OS wouldn't finish booting up until I fixed the issue. I look at my machine, and sure enough... the CPU fan was stopped dead (odd I thought because usually I'd hear the tell-tale sounds of bearings going bad, but whatever). So I spend a few hours today going down to MicroCenter to get a new cpu fan/heat-sink, and install it.

After installing the new fan/heat-sink and my rig running back to normal, my FPS skyrocketed higher than I'd seen it since first playing BDO a couple of months ago. Which I kinda found odd as I have a decent graphics card. So I realized the issue wasn't my GFX performance, but my CPU throttling game system functions other than gfx display as it heated up to above normal temps.

What does this have to do with the Horse Breeding thread you might ask? Well I'll tell ya... Now that my system is running more smoothly, suddenly I'm getting about 12% more experience per tick than I was a few weeks ago when I realized my horse exp was draining for no explicable reason. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around how this could possibly happen. Typically the Server Side information takes precedence over Client Side, so even if my machine were to be experiencing issues, my client should be "warping forward" so to speak to make up for the difference. But that hasn't been happening.

In any case, I'm happy to see that my exp per tick has jumped noticeably. But now I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it. Typical practices in game design shouldn't work out this way.

Edited by DenverRalphy
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this is relevant for the breeding rates but here you go. No dice unfortionetly. Soon enough 2 more breedings of T6 that I will post results.
results.thumb.png.0d9167f39cef35d068f9f7

Also I dunno if it's known or not but this horse is listed as not in EU/NA version but saw a dude in front of the stables with it today, it's available.
171.thumb.png.e4b2590a29ac85a43de3f3fee4

Edited by Genova

Posted

I don't know if this is relevant for the breeding rates but here you go. No dice unfortionetly. Soon enough 2 more breedings of T6 that I will post results.
results.thumb.png.0d9167f39cef35d068f9f7

Also I dunno if it's known or not but this horse is listed as not in EU/NA version but saw a dude in front of the stables with it today, it's available.

You can exchange horse racing seals to get that horse (image - exchange 80 seals) or just use an appearance change coupon to make your horse look like that one ^^

2017-03-10_278361831.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes it is, you can get that horse for 80 horse race tokens or by using an appearance horse changing coupon

Edited by Misbhv

Posted

Looking for a lurker's invite to the Horse Breeders Discord, please :)

Took a break from horse-breeding since Nov'16, due to instability/disconnects and went fishing instead.

Release of the wild T4/T5's has me riding all-over the old taming grounds and feeling nostalgic, so gonna start chasing my holy grail again - T8C.

Posted

Yes it is, you can get that horse for 70 horse race tokens or by using an appearance horse changing coupon

You can exchange horse racing seals to get that horse (image - exchange 80 seals) or just use an appearance change coupon to make your horse look like that one ^^

2017-03-10_278361831.JPG

My bad then, I just returned recently and haven't dabbed into the races yet (need a horse with some decent skills), ty for the info tho <3

Posted

My bad then, I just returned recently and haven't dabbed into the races yet (need a horse with some decent skills), ty for the info tho <3

Np happy to help :)

Posted

Looking for a lurker's invite to the Horse Breeders Discord, please :)

Took a break from horse-breeding since Nov'16, due to instability/disconnects and went fishing instead.

Release of the wild T4/T5's has me riding all-over the old taming grounds and feeling nostalgic, so gonna start chasing my holy grail again - T8C.

I'm looking for an invite too, let me know if you get one ~ !

Posted

I'm looking for an invite too, let me know if you get one ~ !

Sure thing, mate, that I can do...!

Posted

Here's my method of judging horses. If the horse's total skills x 2 is greater than their actual level, you're doing well. Granted that theory is much more important for T7 and below (cuz they have a maximum of 16 skills, so a level 30 with 15 is phenomenal). However, If a T8 that has a maximum of 20 (or 19 if it's a purebred) hits level 30 and has 15 or better, you're still doing okay. There's not so many skills left that they haven't learned that a skill reset will be much of a hassle. So a T8 with 9 skills at level 14 is still doing well even for a T8 that is level 18, so I wouldn't be too upset over it yet.

Just a heads up, and something I found interesting... Over the last couple of weeks, I've found my horse exp and distance per tick dropping. Couldn't figure out why. However, today something happened that resolved the issue, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it.

But first a little bit of back story...

That last week or so, I've started noticing higher CPU temps. This morning I found my machine shut down. I didn't recall shutting it down (in fact I know I didn't, because I had some AFK wagon training going on). So when I fire up my PC, I got an error stating that one of my fans wasn't running, and the OS wouldn't finish booting up until I fixed the issue. I look at my machine, and sure enough... the CPU fan was stopped dead (odd I thought because usually I'd hear the tell-tale sounds of bearings going bad, but whatever). So I spend a few hours today going down to MicroCenter to get a new cpu fan/heat-sink, and install it.

After installing the new fan/heat-sink and my rig running back to normal, my FPS skyrocketed higher than I'd seen it since first playing BDO a couple of months ago. Which I kinda found odd as I have a decent graphics card. So I realized the issue wasn't my GFX performance, but my CPU throttling game system functions other than gfx display as it heated up to above normal temps.

What does this have to do with the Horse Breeding thread you might ask? Well I'll tell ya... Now that my system is running more smoothly, suddenly I'm getting about 12% more experience per tick than I was a few weeks ago when I realized my horse exp was draining for no explicable reason. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around how this could possibly happen. Typically the Server Side information takes precedence over Client Side, so even if my machine were to be experiencing issues, my client should be "warping forward" so to speak to make up for the difference. But that hasn't been happening.

In any case, I'm happy to see that my exp per tick has jumped noticeably. But now I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it. Typical practices in game design shouldn't work out this way.

There's a problem with BDO when you drop a loop or the game disconnects you.  It puts your system into overdrive and the heat skyrockets.  Since most of the time I am not afk while looping but at my system I've seen this happen numerous times and it takes a log out or a complete disconnect to fix it.  Something is very wrong with their code.

So pay attention to your computer system if you have a loop drop.  You can see it if you use task manager and check the percentage of CPU the game is taking.  It will jump up to 60+.  I wish they'd fix this.

Posted (edited)

Finally enough T5 to go for T4 now. Didn't feel like smelting with my current odds and all the skills the T6 seem to learn.
Might train the T6Ns up and see what racing potential they have. The T6N for another breed is also already on IA/Drift.

RbyvP5D.png

Edited by Eternal2nd

Posted

There's a problem with BDO when you drop a loop or the game disconnects you.  It puts your system into overdrive and the heat skyrockets.  Since most of the time I am not afk while looping but at my system I've seen this happen numerous times and it takes a log out or a complete disconnect to fix it.  Something is very wrong with their code.

So pay attention to your computer system if you have a loop drop.  You can see it if you use task manager and check the percentage of CPU the game is taking.  It will jump up to 60+.  I wish they'd fix this.

I've had it happen to me once before, but apparently some people have it happen all the time. A few people on reddit wrote up different programs to detect when the game has disconnected while running in the system tray, and close it down so your rig doesn't turn into a space heater all night. Here's two links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5i28j5/bdac_black_desert_auto_closer/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5wack7/tool_bdo_watchdog_a_monitoring_tool_for_black/

Posted

I decided to liquidate my stables or attempt to now even w/o a rate increase because I have two tier 8's already one courser and one 17/20 with two skills missing I could use anyway if need be.

I did two breed sets tonight and wound up with 3 tier 8 foals I will post tomorrow more info they were a 7x7 breed x 2(with exchange) and an 8x7 breed x2(no exchange).

I cant really post properly as I dont have a picture of two of the tier 8's and formatted my machine does anyone have the URL for the webpage that just had horse pictures that we could copy from by chance so I can update here and my spreadsheet with breed results?

thx :)

I will be doing more breeds but have to level a female two levels more. Im trying to get massive Imperial seals and wind up with a bunch of tier 8's now taking up my wagon lol

Posted

<snip> ... wind up with a bunch of tier 8's now taking up my wagon

#firstworldproblems

hehe just kidding ... congrats!

Posted (edited)

I cant really post properly as I dont have a picture of two of the tier 8's and formatted my machine does anyone have the URL for the webpage that just had horse pictures that we could copy from by chance so I can update here and my spreadsheet with breed results?

Wow, congratulations on the breed results! I don't have a page with just the images, but hopefully this spreadsheet link works:

Click here then go to "Horse Stats by AlkaSelse" , then you can right-click / copy / paste the horse images.

Edited by jazzycat

Posted (edited)

oopsie i forgot two ponies yesterday. todays breed will be
Qo6pJQP.thumb.png.08ffb4b35190ca3f0924f8+X8VyW4m.thumb.png.114c63bf1688288c46c48d

Qo6pJQP.thumb.png.08ffb4b35190ca3f0924f8+X8VyW4m.thumb.png.114c63bf1688288c46c48d

plz no male t7

got 3% training exp for leveling my current t8d over night... sheesh, solo leveling is so tempting.. but so useless! xD

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted

plz no male t7

im at work but goodluck! Im sure your RNG will shine again! :x 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wow, congratulations on the breed results! I don't have a page with just the images, but hopefully this spreadsheet link works:

Click here then go to "Horse Stats by AlkaSelse" , then you can right-click / copy / paste the horse images.

Thanks anyway but I found another one on the de website finally this one you gave me doesnt have pictures of tier 8 or I didnt see them.

Bred out my 2nd tier 8 I will breed out my main tier 8 later I have to level females for him.

Latest breed results:

Tier 7 male level 305GU0dvj.thumb.png.6347e27428b88842d5c66f with female tier 7 level 30PcMCPfY.thumb.png.c301a55c41c60254a0070f gave tier 6 female PQdPVSt.thumb.png.b07e5bf69c075fb4f6efe6

same male5GU0dvj.thumb.png.6347e27428b88842d5c66f with female tier 7 level 305GU0dvj.thumb.png.6347e27428b88842d5c66f gave tier 8 MaleJZW3wUo.thumb.png.21474bf48e8aad07bdfff2

Exchange 5GU0dvj.thumb.png.6347e27428b88842d5c66f5GU0dvj.thumb.png.6347e27428b88842d5c66f gave tier 8 male 167.thumb.png.94b0f691f98126716004f4cb80 (with S insta accel)

2nd breed:

Tier 8 male level 30 dXhS0q1.thumb.png.6c3e63ae4bd48e624ac0ec with female tier 7 level 30106kp4q.thumb.png.ba80ee01196f053894f62c gave Tier 7 femaleGTZPGF4.thumb.png.df7ffcad346f4345e17128

Same maledXhS0q1.thumb.png.6c3e63ae4bd48e624ac0ec with female tier 7 level 30106kp4q.thumb.png.ba80ee01196f053894f62c gave Tier 8 female167.thumb.png.94b0f691f98126716004f4cb80(born with insta accel), no exchange I have to keep the male tier 8 he might be my other courser. I now have 5 tier 8's funny I get them when I dont care and Im trying to get trash to level and sell to an imperial trader.

#firstworldproblems

hehe just kidding ... congrats!

Hey you nice to see you here again :)

Edited by Tabri
1 person likes this

Posted

So, last night I got one of my male T7's to 30. This guy was a smartypants just like my senior, Sunny. Smarter, in fact. This guy ended up with 14/16 skills, only missing High Jump and Two-Seater. No coupons were used.. so I saw potential in him. Had a good feeling, so instead of putting him with the female in the T7 stall for holding, I moved her over to my Heidel stall and set them to breed. 2 and a half hours later, i'm practically nodding off and pick them up.

T7I.png Male + T7H.png Female = T8D.png Female (Born with 2 skills. Low grade ones, don't remember which.)

And with that I have 3 T8's, all Female. I'm starting to see a pattern here.. this same thing happened when I got my first few T7's.

I will breed these two again eventually, but I lack money for a female reset atm. =x

1 person likes this

Posted

So, last night I got one of my male T7's to 30. This guy was a smartypants just like my senior, Sunny. Smarter, in fact. This guy ended up with 14/16 skills, only missing High Jump and Two-Seater. No coupons were used.. so I saw potential in him. Had a good feeling, so instead of putting him with the female in the T7 stall for holding, I moved her over to my Heidel stall and set them to breed. 2 and a half hours later, i'm practically nodding off and pick them up.

T7I.png Male + T7H.png Female = T8D.png Female (Born with 2 skills. Low grade ones, don't remember which.)

And with that I have 3 T8's, all Female. I'm starting to see a pattern here.. this same thing happened when I got my first few T7's.

I will breed these two again eventually, but I lack money for a female reset atm. =x

Omg! The RNG is strong in our Guild atm! :D huge grats! May she be the corser :x

You have all females and i have all males xD 

Posted

Wow and a female at that too, congrats! 

Posted

So I broke down and bred the last 2 breeds on my T8 B with my T8 A. I got a male T7 D and a female T7 J. I exchanged them and got a T7 H. 

3 T7s and 0 t6. I can live with that 😃

1 person likes this

Posted

Qo6pJQP.thumb.png.08ffb4b35190ca3f0924f8+X8VyW4m.thumb.png.114c63bf1688288c46c48d = Qo6pJQP.thumb.png.fed9e1d25e589f532428d4 male

Qo6pJQP.thumb.png.08ffb4b35190ca3f0924f8+X8VyW4m.thumb.png.114c63bf1688288c46c48d = dXhS0q1.thumb.png.9ab761a87585895fff4a7f female

most excited about the female T7i, finally two shots at a T8C! xD