• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh I dunno. I'm kinda begging for females at the moment. I have stables full of males and only 1 female to breed. =/

That does raise something of a question - why is it only males are the ones that are allowed for the breeding market?

It was something I was thinking of myself last night - aside from the fact that it might be slightly unfair if Female Breeds sold for as much as male breeds considering they can only breed half as much as the males can, and for it to be fair female breeds would have to sell for double that of the males themselves and having to code that.

Posted

That does raise something of a question - why is it only males are the ones that are allowed for the breeding market?

It was something I was thinking of myself last night - aside from the fact that it might be slightly unfair if Female Breeds sold for as much as male breeds considering they can only breed half as much as the males can, and for it to be fair female breeds would have to sell for double that of the males themselves and having to code that.

It's balances somewhat. Males have three money making opportunities; two via the breeding market, and one more being sold on the horse market. Females get one breed opportunity, can be sold, and receives the foal, which is three money making opportunities. The kicker is that the foal received by the female can be lower value or higher value. But it averages out in the end.

Basically, the male getting two breeds is counter-balanced by the female only having 1 breed but receives the foal in compensation (the foal being a value in and of itself).

Posted

WTF?! xD

breeding a T6  lvl1 female is funny

reset her to breed her again is.. mh, OK, kind of stupid

but delete her skill is awesome xD

(the horse was sold within a few seconds, thats also very interesting)

2017-04-17_11644600.thumb.JPG.b881b3588b

10 people like this

Posted

WTF?! xD

Wtf O.o

Posted

Well, if you buy a male breed, you get something out of it.  You get another horse.  If females were put up, there would be no control over who bred with them.  You put your T8 female up and some @sshat breeds them with a T1.  AND you have to pay for it.  So... yeah...I think it's an issue of writing code so you could pick what you want to breed with is too much trouble to do.

Posted (edited)

Thor update... level 20 and learnt Streak Leap! - still a skill and pretty awesome 13 skills (7 to go) and still has 10 levels - 18 learnt S: Sideways, 19 got IA & 20 Streak Leap O.o he needs Sprint, Sideways, Roar, Caution, Two Seater, S: Hind Kick & S: IA left. No coupons and I'm crossing my fingers tighter :D

Edited by Aastrid
2 people like this

Posted

Well, if you buy a male breed, you get something out of it.  You get another horse.  If females were put up, there would be no control over who bred with them.  You put your T8 female up and some @sshat breeds them with a T1.  AND you have to pay for it.  So... yeah...I think it's an issue of writing code so you could pick what you want to breed with is too much trouble to do.

I think the way that that would work is a mirror of the current system. You put the female up on the market, someone pays to breed their male with them and the foal goes to the person with the male (the one that paid for the breed). The 'foals' we get are basically level 1 adults so its not like they have to stay with the mare. But, I do agree that if they added that system in the female breeds would have to cost twice as much as males.

Posted

I think the way that that would work is a mirror of the current system. You put the female up on the market, someone pays to breed their male with them and the foal goes to the person with the male (the one that paid for the breed). The 'foals' we get are basically level 1 adults so its not like they have to stay with the mare. But, I do agree that if they added that system in the female breeds would have to cost twice as much as males.

That would be my assumption "if" they ever allowed females to be put on the market. You put them up, they pay double the price (since females only get 1 breeding attempt) and they are the ones that get the foal out of the deal.

In the current system, though, with females being the ones that receive the foal they would have to change the coding to allow for it.

Either way, I wasn't truly lamenting the current system, it was more of a curiosity than anything else.

Posted

That would be my assumption "if" they ever allowed females to be put on the market. You put them up, they pay double the price (since females only get 1 breeding attempt) and they are the ones that get the foal out of the deal.

In the current system, though, with females being the ones that receive the foal they would have to change the coding to allow for it.

Either way, I wasn't truly lamenting the current system, it was more of a curiosity than anything else.

Oh yeah, completely forgot that you have to 'collect' the foal from the mother. They could make it so you could collect the foal from the marketplace like how you collect your males after selling their breeds.

Posted

That'd likely be the easiest to code on their end, but I assume that the reason why that's not the current system isn't because of a coding difficulty of implementation. I assume the system is currently place as it is because that is what will net them the most money.

Then again, you would think if that were the case they would absolutely want females on the breeding market since female breeding resets are literally only 25% as efficient as male breeding resets (since it only nets you one more breeding attempt for double the price of the male reset).

Posted

WTF?! xD

This. This is pure amazing, omfg. =x

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I've been trying to get a T7 female for a long time now but the T7s i get are always male. Any tips? Also, could I have a link to the discord channel? Would love to talk to other horse breeders ^^

Edited by Tanru

Posted

Bought a horse that someone had given a premium appearance to.  It's all black, but I'm wondering how the color scheme is affected by this for breeding.  Does the premium skin color theme take effect or does the horses' original colors stay in place?

Posted

Bought a horse that someone had given a premium appearance to.  It's all black, but I'm wondering how the color scheme is affected by this for breeding.  Does the premium skin color theme take effect or does the horses' original colors stay in place?

original color values are still in place, skin change doesn´t affect breeding~

Posted (edited)

Hi guys and gals:x

I have been struggling to breed males for the past 2 weeks,got over 12 females and 1 male from t6 breeding attempts. I did an exchange which got me my first T7 horse! :D:x:D I will put up pics when the sun comes back out ingame hehehe.Side note:I bought a T3 horse that someone used a premium skin coupon on so going to see what skill he learns lol...just why waste it on a T3???O.oO.oO.o

Edited by SweetestLove

Posted

Hey guys I've been trying to get a T7 female for a long time now but the T7s i get are always male. Any tips? Also, could I have a link to the discord channel? Would love to talk to other horse breeders ^^

There sadly aren't really any tips as to getting either gender as far as I know.. it's all rng luck of the draw. =(

Females have a lower breeding percentage outcome though.. so just gotta keep trying.

Posted

There sadly aren't really any tips as to getting either gender as far as I know.. it's all rng luck of the draw. =(

Females have a lower breeding percentage outcome though.. so just gotta keep trying.

Magic RNG Icecream?! 

Posted (edited)

I feel like I might have popped my luck cherry a bit early and won't be getting any other luck after this.

Nova, my first T8 will be hitting 30 today and has 18 skills and (currently) sells for over 258 million.

Also, can anyone tell me if that is rather slow for a T8E?

I used 5 coupons total as it leveled, getting rid of Fore Chop and Hind Kick starting at around Level 20, but had a gap where it didn't learn either of those skills until 28 (it was missing Hind Kick and S: Sideways Move then).

I used two premium appearance coupons, the first of which had it learn Hind Kick, and then another that gave it 250k experience which I used to take the horse back to its original appearance since I love the T8E appearance.

So, it's not like I won the horse lottery on the first go around with my first T8 being an E and it learning every skill naturally. In hindsight, I probably should have waited until 30. At 29, I used the final coupon to swap Fore Chop which forced it to become S: Sideways move since that was the only skill left for it to learn.

superhorse1.jpg

superhorse2.png

Edited by SilentZed
1 person likes this

Posted

My first two t8 horses

290518da60c00dece4f26af235bf8ae4.png

8D was from 7i and 7J that I bred yesterday, and my 8c was from exchanging 7j and 6i this morning! I saw someones 7(30)x7(30) breeds and I kind of mentally submitted to getting only 6's back, so I am very surpirsed and I'm very happy ^-^

2 people like this

Posted

Anybody so kind to invite me in discord channel? Thank you!

Posted

I feel like I might have popped my luck cherry a bit early and won't be getting any other luck after this.

Nova, my first T8 will be hitting 30 today and has 18 skills and (currently) sells for over 258 million.

<snipped for brevity>

I don't think it's slow for a T8E. Looks like it's speed trait is averaging .5% per level-up which isn't too shabby. Not the fastest it can be, but not the slowest either. With horseshoes and a mount costume it'll top 160%. It's about the same as my T8E for speed. And with 154% accel, once you train up IA and S:IA, it'll be crazy fast.

Posted

pretty decent for T8E - mine is at ~161% for speed

Another thing i notice is that the speed of skill execution is different from horse to horse

My pure black can execute drift/IA much faster than my pure white (i can event drift/IA to get to kzarka from the entrance which is impossible for pure white since you're likely stuck somewhere)

Will post video if someone want one to prove this :D 

Posted

Another thing i notice is that the speed of skill execution is different from horse to horse

My pure black can execute drift/IA much faster than my pure white (i can event drift/IA to get to kzarka from the entrance which is impossible for pure white since you're likely stuck somewhere)

Just a guess, but it's probably because your pure black T8C has significantly higher Turn and Brake stats which likely makes Drift more effective.