• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

She's in your guild, silly! xD

how am i supposed to know that? xD

Posted (edited)

Attempt 18 & 19 of getting a T7.............................

18 and 19.png

For real - what the eff. Serious question, though - how many of your recent breedings have been at the 30/30 level? I know what the breeding grade rates say - but if you haven't tried doing full leveling with these yet, please consider it to see if it ends up giving you better than your average results.

That many attempts for T7 should have (and I do know there's no guarantee considering it's RNG) at least yielded a good result. If you do change things up now, there's no true way of determining correlation vs. causation considering how many attempts there has been, but anything to break out of T6 hell with your current breeding trend.

Either way - sorry, Aastrid =(

Edited by SilentZed

Posted (edited)

EDIT:

For real - what the eff. Serious question, though - how many of your recent breedings have been at the 30/30 level? I know what the breeding grade rates say - but if you haven't tried doing full leveling with these yet, please consider it to see if it ends up giving you better than your average results.

That many attempts for T7 should have (and I do know there's no guarantee considering it's RNG) at least yielded a good result. If you do change things up now, there's no true way of determining correlation vs. causation considering how many attempts there has been, but anything to break out of T6 hell with your current breeding trend.

Either way - sorry, Aastrid =(

I tried around 5x pairs at lvl 30... got annoyed at rubbish results so stuck with lvl 27 xD

BF just done his 3rd ever breeding/exchange in this game  2x T6s level 27... got 2x T7s back T7D & T7G both males one born with IA... other with Roar xD

He has a T7J male 2x T7G Males, T7D Male and 2x T6 females O.o

RNG just hates me atm :x

EDIT: Ok so the game is still giving me gear RNG! just won a DUO Seraps in bidding... and win another 2 mins later on my BFs account xD

Edited by Aastrid
tense of sentence
1 person likes this

Posted

This may not apply to horses or horse breeding per'se... but I have a question about the mini-elephants.

Does the horse training outfits that grant exp to horse exp apply to leveling the mini-elephants as well? Just curious, as I picked up a mini-elephant to use mainly for long grinds where I tend to overweight my toons more often than I care to, and would rather have an elephant that can carry a lot of weight without having to run my horse back to town to unload my booty just to lighten the load. So I figger I could grind longer with an elephant to carry the load. I was going to use a merchant wagon, but supposedly if you get minorly lucky, a mini-elephant can be faster than a wagon, and more mobile (because it can back up, sprint, etc..). And well, because they are just too awesome looking.

Anyhoo... just curious if I get any benefit of using my life-skiller to level it up. Or if I should just go ahead and level it up with any toon if horse leveling gear really doesn't apply.

Posted

This may not apply to horses or horse breeding per'se... but I have a question about the mini-elephants.

Does the horse training outfits that grant exp to horse exp apply to leveling the mini-elephants as well? Just curious, as I picked up a mini-elephant to use mainly for long grinds where I tend to overweight my toons more often than I care to, and would rather have an elephant that can carry a lot of weight without having to run my horse back to town to unload my booty just to lighten the load. So I figger I could grind longer with an elephant to carry the load. I was going to use a merchant wagon, but supposedly if you get minorly lucky, a mini-elephant can be faster than a wagon, and more mobile (because it can back up, sprint, etc..). And well, because they are just too awesome looking.

Anyhoo... just curious if I get any benefit of using my life-skiller to level it up. Or if I should just go ahead and level it up with any toon if horse leveling gear really doesn't apply.

I do know they made mine go faster....

Posted (edited)

Sigh...my horse ended up running into a wall the whole night.
There had to be a map reload and my loop broke -_____- not again.........I noticed a few map reloads yesterday after maintenance and seriously if anything could make me leave the game sooner then later it's this bs with lags and reloads.
Never had this kind of experience in other mmos and its definitely geting on my nerves.

Edited by Silvite

Posted (edited)

So I've got my next big breed planned out - T7E male bred with a T7E, T7B, T7A, and T7J. Two chances at the pure black t8 and one for the pure white (two if I exchange them, depending on skills).

T7ExT7E = 0/6/10

T7ExT7J = 4/5/8

T7ExT7B = 0/10/5

2 more weeks of afk wagon-ing /o/

Edited by Leuphe

Posted (edited)

T7J (Male) + T7H (Female) @ Lvl 30 = T8B.  Link below to stats @ Lvl 30.

http://imgur.com/a/a1WGM

Edit:  I forgot to mention, I used appearance change coupon that added 1 skill at lvl 30 (Have 17 total after appearance change). Use skill swap technique with pearl items prior to 30 to maximize skills.  I think I started too late on the swap, should have started early but did it at lvl 21.  I was waiting to get the 3 lower skills but if I waited she would have been a total potato, good thing I didn't.  I would start at 15 even if you dont have the 3 skills as long as you have fore chop.  Just my 2 cents.

Enryu1.PNG

Edited by Seventhpillar
Add more info.

Posted

my second t8 turned to be a great horse. born with Streak leap, after applying premium skin he got Sideway Move. in first 10 levels he got S:Sideway Move.

He learned 18 skills in total with only 3 skillchanges. curently he misses only S:ia to be perfect :$

2017-04-20_43015371.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

.  I would start at 15 even if you dont have the 3 skills as long as you have fore chop.  Just my 2 cents.

all depends how desperate one can be, i've done it both ways, my last horse ended up with 18 skills with only 2 swaps after ~lv24 just cuz i already have coursers.

Posted

Ok so here is my first T7 which is a female T7H and so far she is lv7 with 6 learned skills :) I am currently still breeding t6 but most of them are kinda low so don't want to waste showing them unitl they produce decent foals.

2017-04-20_22861801.JPG

6 people like this

Posted

Just come to terms with it....

HorseRNG.jpg

This seems about right. I just bred two lvl 30, T7 "steeds" twice. I now have two of the lower-quality T6 females.

Yet, a friend of mine bred a T6 and T7 and got a T8, which isn't even supposed to be possible...

Well played Kakao.

Posted

Yet, a friend of mine bred a T6 and T7 and got a T8, which isn't even supposed to be possible...

It is possible, actually. I got more T8s with that combo. T7 level 30 + T6 level 27 have 8% chances of a male T8 :) 

Posted

It is possible, actually. I got more T8s with that combo. T7 level 30 + T6 level 27 have 8% chances of a male T8 :) 

Ohh my mistake. I never looked at that combo in the calculator. I went with my friend telling me it wasn't supposed to be possible.

I'm just bummed about my wasted steeds.

Posted

nr 26 & 27

T7I 30lvl (M) x T6N 30lvl (F) / (3-9-3) => T6U (F)
T7I 30lvl (M) x T6L 30lvl (F) / (0-8-6) => T7H (M)

Posted (edited)

Small update - simple statistic of collected data so far:

Male horses from all breeding field data collected so far, averaged = 47.127%
Female horses from all breeding field data collected so far, averaged = 52.873%

So, even before this most recent patch which really does seem to be producing an inordinate amount of females, there was already over 12.1% more females being bred over the number of males being bred. Granted, this is more an observation statistic than anything truly worrisome. The majority of the breedings I am pulling are from much higher in the breeding grades, which do have a tendency to lean toward female (example - Grade 16 has an overall 52% for female, 17 is 52%, 18 is 55%, and 19 is 52%).

So, the numbers are pretty much right where they should be over the course of the sample thus far. Will continue to report but also wanted to make a note given the large amount of females being bred lately (which may cause a bit of a skew) that even if it pushes it to well over 53%, it's not going to be so truly out of tolerances.

Have a good day everyone!

Edited by SilentZed
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My latest T8 acquisition is off to a decent start. Already has Drift, Charge, IA. He learned 10 skills by level 12, nothing at 13, and is now into the dreaded Teen Levels Dry Spell that T8's typically seem to enter into. :crossing-fingers: 

vanillaLatteProgress.png

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My latest T8 acquisition is off to a decent start. Already has Drift, Charge, IA. He learned 10 skills by level 12, nothing at 13, and is now into the dreaded Teen Levels Dry Spell that T8's typically seem to enter into. :crossing-fingers: 

vanillaLatteProgress.png

My new T8 learnt most skills in his teens O.o nothing since level 22... and nearly 25! S: Sideways at 18 - Fore Chop 19 and then IA 20... Roar at 22 (14 total) I have my fingers crossed for both of us :D

EDIT: level 25... still 14 skills

Edited by Aastrid
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

My last T8 which had 12 skills at lvl 20 just Drift for a courser didnt learn anything in last 10 lvls ^^ pfff...
I have 4 breeds ready that can give me male/female T8
2 that can give me male T8...

Will probably wait till I lvl 8 more T4/T5 females for my T6/T5 boys which are ready for quite some time and then do mass breeding x)

Edited by Silvite

Posted (edited)

BF bred today a T7G & T6S = T7D Female

He also got a T7D Male and another T7G Male from breeding 2x T6S.... his horse RNG xD

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

BF bred today a T7G & T6S = T7D Female

He also got a T7D Male and another T6G Male from breeding 2x T6S.... his horse RNG xD

I would say his GF RNG is pretty good too!  :D

3 people like this

Posted

I would say his GF RNG is pretty good too!  :D

:x:x

1 person likes this

Posted

i don't like the beta forum and i think i still can't post anyway. my butt stays here until we get thrown out:ph34r:

Posted

i don't like the beta forum and i think i still can't post anyway. my butt stays here until we get thrown out:ph34r:

GM_Caramel sorted mine out for me - super helpful GM! 

Had problems with the new forum as it wouldnt allow me to use my normal login details i use to log onto BDO on launcher (which you need to use to login into the mew forums) said that i didnt exist xD even though ive been logging into the game since launch lol. Then my new forum name was my family name not Aastrid... Within 10 mins of me letting Caramel know my name was changed to Aastrid :x  

Annnyway im not sure what was wrong in the first place myself but @GM_Caramel was awesome :) 

2 people like this