• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My first tier 8! Finally got her level 30. Brand stone, premium skin coupon used. 17 total skills, took 8 skill changes to get the last 2 courser skills ^_^

Shoutout to SillySin for the help with getting as many skills as possible!

T8FemaleLvl30Stats.jpg

Edited by XMoshe
11 people like this

Posted

Congrats! @XMoshe 🎵🎉

Posted (edited)

Untitled-2_copy.thumb.jpg.f19a7b441af80f

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.d9a9d61f1f38836c6134

finally my t8 journey is over :3

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.99d31e17e873945f62df

Exchanged T8B lvl 30 worth 84million and a T6A female worth 21million. Great, now I can buy a name coupon.... expected a T6 xD

8ball says it´s gonna be smart!

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.7e6e1df7183a8ef8fe3e

Edited by RainbowRat
7 people like this

Posted

Working up the courage to breed my one t8 with 2 t7's that i finally finished leveling.  T6 results from this will be devestating but expected, hehe.  Probably this wknd I will have them breed......eeeep!  Send all the good mojo for breeding.  This one might hurt

On a side note, this is the 3rd horse I've used the horse gear costume on through the DLZ (Dead Learning Zone) which starts at about 20 for me.  So far 2 of the horses have learned no skills meaning they learned all they did before 20, which was 12.  This last one has 2 more levels to go and I'm hoping for IA as she has all the other good stuff, to be a riding horse, that is.  She's a t7.

By the way, @SilentZed  Are you still collecting breed data?  I have not posted my last few in the forum and thought I'd wait till I had some more if you were still adding. 

2 people like this

Posted

Latest breed results: I Had 4 tier 7 males still left so trying to breed those 4 out this is one of them I have 3 left to do. The rest of my wagon is low level breeds for seals so I dont post those, it will take me a while to do the high level breeds as I am not focusing on that anymore really.

Tier 7 male level 30 106kp4q.thumb.png.5404990ec15a1203ac9bf8 with tier 6 female(courser) level 30 LS4za5p.thumb.png.a9de85d7acc401ecaff4f3 gave Tier 7 female sCSjdho.thumb.png.0ffaeeff39ff86a2831fad w/o two abilities for some reason

Same male 106kp4q.thumb.png.5404990ec15a1203ac9bf8 with tier 7 female level 27106kp4q.thumb.png.5404990ec15a1203ac9bf8 gave tier 6 female(yuck) iP8SvQq.thumb.png.3bad08fe058675a353a480 at least a female

Exchange 106kp4q.thumb.png.5404990ec15a1203ac9bf8106kp4q.thumb.png.5404990ec15a1203ac9bf8 gave tier 6 female dXhS0q1.thumb.png.4cdb037ca2917466c29a8d at least all females which is good I needed them I wanted to exchange the courser but couldnt force myself to get rid of her even though she is only tier 6 and I already have a tier 8 courser.

Posted

Working up the courage to breed my one t8 with 2 t7's that i finally finished leveling.  T6 results from this will be devestating but expected, hehe.  Probably this wknd I will have them breed......eeeep!  Send all the good mojo for breeding.  This one might hurt

On a side note, this is the 3rd horse I've used the horse gear costume on through the DLZ (Dead Learning Zone) which starts at about 20 for me.  So far 2 of the horses have learned no skills meaning they learned all they did before 20, which was 12.  This last one has 2 more levels to go and I'm hoping for IA as she has all the other good stuff, to be a riding horse, that is.  She's a t7.

By the way, @SilentZed  Are you still collecting breed data?  I have not posted my last few in the forum and thought I'd wait till I had some more if you were still adding. 

I've bred 30+ T8's with T6's/T7's, my average has been around 1 Tier 8 per male, so I do hope you get at least one back, Good luck ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

I've bred 30+ T8's with T6's/T7's, my average has been around 1 Tier 8 per male, so I do hope you get at least one back, Good luck ^^

Send help! On attempt 20 & 21 on getting a T7 from 2x T6s D: 

But gear RNG is still in - i have angered the Horse RNG God Fennel The Holy 

Posted

Also for that DLZ as you call it, rerolls help with that, the usual culpirit that the horse stops learning is that it has only the good skills left to learn.
So if you start rerolling Forechop/Hindkick at that point it should continue learning, this is of course p2w and not everyone can do it.

But can tell after 15 being the lowest skills I've ever had on a T8 with this method going through 30+ of them, I'd swear to it. :D

Send help! On attempt 20 & 21 on getting a T7 from 2x T6s D: 

But gear RNG is still in - i have angered the Horse RNG God Fennel The Holy 

Ohh noes, not the horse God :o You must start giving more carrots to your horses immediately, to show all mighty RNGorsie that you are trying to make it better.

Sidenote, I angered RNGesus, when I finally thought my RNG was gonna get to average, life as we know it got turned upside down, started working on the Dande for the DK, first I got 110 stacks, decided to start on a new one, and succeeded with the new one at 104 stacks, a total of 21 attempts for TET(not to speak about how many DUO and TRI attempts was needed), used around 500 sharps total for that weap, meaning around 5000 mem frags. My soul still isn't over it.
So I am now back to being way below average with enchanting.

But Hey, I started leveling one of my backup T8's cause I was starting to get desperate for money when I was failing the attempts so I thought I'd level her and just sell her off for "quick" cash, and I just saw the most beautiful thing happen again.

af92b934ff2f00c5c612e0ed2288e5dd.png

She got S:Sideways by herself when she dinged.
Also got S: Instant, drift and sprint all by herself.
Most likely keeping her as I already sold off my backup courser a few days before cause I also got desperate for money. (Failing enchants is hard ;()

Posted

But Hey, I started leveling one of my backup T8's cause I was starting to get desperate for money when I was failing the attempts so I thought I'd level her and just sell her off for "quick" cash, and I just saw the most beautiful thing happen again.

af92b934ff2f00c5c612e0ed2288e5dd.png

She got S:Sideways by herself when she dinged.
Also got S: Instant, drift and sprint all by herself.
Most likely keeping her as I already sold off my backup courser a few days before cause I also got desperate for money. (Failing enchants is hard ;()

The most skills ive ever had on a T8 was 15 D: 

The T8B im leveling has 14 at 26 - he learnt Drift/Charge/IA/S: Sideways on his own... But now hes stopped learning (used one skill change to get rid of FC got S: Back Kick) and since then hes not learnt anymore! Hasnt even learnt Caution once either xD missing Sprint/S: IA & sideways to be a corser and other low skills 

Posted

Has anyone noticed a decrease in number of skills learned by the horses if you are afk training by wagon? It may have been coincidence for me but it seems all 4 horses learned far fewer skills than I thought they should have for their levels. I haven't done this much but I leveled all 4 up at least 7 levels each. When I disconnected them and afk rode just one, he learned more skills. Like I said, maybe just rng but I'd like to hear if there's a pattern noticed by any of the more experienced trainers. 

Posted

The most skills ive ever had on a T8 was 15 D: 

The T8B im leveling has 14 at 26 - he learnt Drift/Charge/IA/S: Sideways on his own... But now hes stopped learning (used one skill change to get rid of FC got S: Back Kick) and since then hes not learnt anymore! Hasnt even learnt Caution once either xD missing Sprint/S: IA & sideways to be a corser and other low skills 

Well 14 at 26 is a good number though, I wish you luck that he gets a couple of more. ^^

I always get baffled by seeing a horse learn S:Sideways on it's own though, usually takes soooooo many tokens to get it.

Has anyone noticed a decrease in number of skills learned by the horses if you are afk training by wagon? It may have been coincidence for me but it seems all 4 horses learned far fewer skills than I thought they should have for their levels. I haven't done this much but I leveled all 4 up at least 7 levels each. When I disconnected them and afk rode just one, he learned more skills. Like I said, maybe just rng but I'd like to hear if there's a pattern noticed by any of the more experienced trainers. 

It's not proven in any shape or form, but I feel the same, I feel most horses that are purely leveled on wagon turn into potatoes, I used to swear to wagon training, but after just leveling a few horses solo it was a huge increase for me, so I never turned back, unless leveling T6's as I really didn't care if they became potatoes.
But I am guessing it feels that way since the costumes etc doesn't count while on a wagon. But this is purely speculation.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Did they cancel breeding nerf? I'm asking since my breeding luck went up again. After long time of training 2 T7 I finally bred them yesterday aaand..... meet Firefly:

nMyOvGG.jpg

This is my second T8, but it's the first one where I used 100% my own horses...and yeah, the first T8 female for me. Another surprise event happened when I checked her starting skill... It's S-IA. I really hope that this is a good sign

zrZE06v.jpg

It's not proven in any shape or form, but I feel the same, I feel most horses that are purely leveled on wagon turn into potatoes, I used to swear to wagon training, but after just leveling a few horses solo it was a huge increase for me, so I never turned back, unless leveling T6's as I really didn't care if they became potatoes.But I am guessing it feels that way since the costumes etc doesn't count while on a wagon. But this is purely speculation.

R....N....G. If to look at T7 horses I listed above, T7G was raised in wagon without costume and he is a smart-ass, while T7C was raised manually with horse costume and she is an almost complete potato. While I personally believe that costume gives slightly higher chance to learn skills, but it doesn't guarantee that horse will be a genius and RNG plays prevailing role.

Edited by Seasoul
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

R....N....G. If to look at T7 horses I listed above, T7G was raised in wagon without costume and he is a smart-ass, while T7C was raised manually with horse costume and she is an almost complete potato. While I personally believe that costume gives slightly higher chance to learn skills, but it doesn't guarantee that horse will be a genius and RNG plays prevailing role.

There's always RNG involved, but I have a huge quantity to look at personally, as I've been doing horses since day 1, and they have been running a minimum of 10 hours a day for a year. guessing average is around 18-19 hours a day of AFK running horses, the rest is playing the game on average.

And overall my wagon horses have been a lot more stupid than the ones I've single rode, not speaking of every single horses, I am speaking of the overall average.

So what I am saying is that overall, I can most likely promise you if you lump together all the wagon horses thats been leveled in this game, and lump together the ones thats been ridden solo, the ones that's been ridden solo will be smarter, not by a HUGE margin, but they will be smarter.

Edited by Someone

Posted

plz continue like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.47bbb50ebabe264e2eee

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's always RNG involved, but I have a huge quantity to look at personally, as I've been doing horses since day 1, and they have been running a minimum of 10 hours a day for a year. guessing average is around 18-19 hours a day of AFK running horses, the rest is playing the game on average.

And overall my wagon horses have been a lot more stupid than the ones I've single rode, not speaking of every single horses, I am speaking of the overall average.

So what I am saying is that overall, I can most likely promise you if you lump together all the wagon horses thats been leveled in this game, and lump together the ones thats been ridden solo, the ones that's been ridden solo will be smarter, not by a HUGE margin, but they will be smarter.

Not sure I agree with you there Someone.  I just finished leveling Venus, a female T7B, who was solo ridden and wore a costume the whole time.  Had two skills at level ten, and finished with 8.  She has the record of having the least number of skills of any T7 horse I have ever had, and I have had a lot.

Are we are getting more females at higher tiers than we are used to?  I seem to be getting more female T7s than males recently which is a complete switch for me.  Again, possibly just rng.

Edited by Ramblinrose
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 tier 8's leveled by wagon only lowest one had 15 skills to up to 18 skills, just had a tier 6 go to 15/16 skills and turn courser on the wagon. I have been training my horses on a wagon since launch. Its completely random doesnt matter if you do wagon or solo rng is rng.

Also another note is most of my horses have had premium abilities with the exception of one tier 8 which got two crappy courser skills , average horse usually gets around 10-12 skills(above tier 5).

Edited by Tabri
Uggh need to wake up :)

Posted

I've gotten 2 coursers from wagon training without doing anything (didn't use skill changes) so I feel like the chances of learning skills don't really differ from the method that you use to train them. I had another horse only learn like 7 skills on that same wagon.

Posted (edited)

I have been collecting the individual forum page postings of breedings and trying to compile them into the list. I am 300+ breedings for the data so far (and that's where I took the numbers from in terms of averaged percentages of male/female for the highest breeding grades).

The biggest hurdles have been making sure to exclude data that has already been entered onto the form from the posters that I did receive their individual data, so there is no overlap, and also wading through what is usable data (I see a lot of breeding results posted missing level of parents, as well as missing gender/breed of foal). The gender data is absolutely necessary, breed less so but is still good for archival purposes. Exchange indication will be useful in the future to see if exchanges have, on average more or less favorable results.

You can send the data to me if you want - I still have your listings marked in my excel sheet so I will simply go based on your last breeding attempt and add it to the section for you - though it will likely be some time before I can publish anymore (busy weeks and taking work home has left me little time to try and sort through things).

Are we are getting more females at higher tiers than we are used to?  I seem to be getting more female T7s than males recently which is a complete switch for me.  Again, possibly just rng.

TL;DR at bottom since verbosity is a problem for me.

I've had a similar issue since the DK Awakening patch that introduced the Courser system. I am averaging across around 20 breeds since that time (I have been on something of a purchasing spree and have been exchanging nearly every day). Grades 14 and up seem to be producing a HUGE amount of females lately from what I have seen on the board. So, it's not just you - it actually seems to be a lot of people having a huge influx of females lately.

Average chart percentages for grade 14-19 taken from over 300 breedings from the board:

Male horses from all breeding field data collected so far, averaged = 47.127%
Female horses from all breeding field data collected so far, averaged = 52.873%

The problem is that, even though it looks like only 5.7% or so difference, it actually translates out to over 12.1% females being bred than males, so it's a very large gap.

With recent breedings, this number has gotten even wider, though I doubt it will shift the averaged percentage to more than 54% total average percentage of females bred out of all collected field data.

I am hoping it is just some weird trend, but I will continue to monitor and compile as I can. There were only a couple anomalies I had come across in my collections; 1)That Grade 9 should have had a 22% chance to produce a Tier3 and produced zero tier 3s over some near 40 breeds and 2) That Grade 16 has a chance to produce a Tier5 at 12%, but that it is listed as 12% for female only, yet I have a singular result of a Tier 5 male, which shouldn't be possible (Few possibilities include bug, the devs have tweaked the percentages, or possible incorrect tracking of the data).

Thankfully, the gender data has been relatively spot on across all grades when taken as an aggregate. There is wonkiness in the number of T6s produced across all grades, in that it's WAAAAY higher than the averaged percentage proposes, and because of that, the T7s produced are way below what the proposed average should be.

Silver Lining - Tier8s are actually quite a bit higher than what the average proposed rate should be, by almost double - so from the field data I still stand that T6 is something of a filter that, once broken through, leads to much higher averages of horses so long as you're sticking to the top 2 grades, whereas if you are breeding primarily in Grade 16-17, expect a lot more T6s on average than what the chart proposes, by more than double when the numbers are taken as a whole.

Final Notes - If I add all of the recent data and it pushes the average to 54%, that will mean that (at the higher breeding grades), that there will be over 17% more females being bred compared to the number of males, which is massive. Then again, considering the nature of males and the availability of the breeding market, this doesn't seem like such a bad thing (though will mean less exchanges overall, due to the smaller amount of males available). This also means that the value of males is going to be much, much higher. Not silver wise, since this is static, but it means that males themselves will be far more desirable, not only because they are needed to counter balance the sheer amount of females (which is already unbalanced) in terms of breeding attempts, but it also means that Female horses themselves may potentially take longer to move as time goes on and there will be less demand because of the surge in available supply, both at the breeder and market level.

Example - I watched a T7 female courser for something like 70 million stay up for over 24 hours because it had no breedings left and was unable to be reset. There just wasn't much desire for it, which I am sure came as something of a surprise to the owner and something I expect will continue so long as the breeding trend of more females at the higher levels remains.

TL;DR - Yes, there are more females recently, as proven by the data since the DK Awakening patch, but it's still too early to determine how big of a problem (if any) this will be. Additionally, the last two breeding grades (18/19) yield better than proposed results on average, while Grades 16/17 yield significantly worse results on average than what is proposed by the breeding grade chart (and to be clear, I am not blaming Famme - I know he is not a dev).

Edited by SilentZed
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok so Thor re-learnt FC at level 27... switched it out and got Caution xD oh well he has 15 skills and three levels left - I might juuuuuust might be able to beat 15 as the max ive ever had :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok so Thor re-learnt FC at level 27... switched it out and got Caution xD oh well he has 15 skills and three levels left - I might juuuuuust might be able to beat 15 as the max ive ever had :D

Does he have all the courser skills yet, or at least Two Seater?

Posted

Does he have all the courser skills yet, or at least Two Seater?

Hes missing FC (changed that twice), Sprint, Sideways, S: IA & Two Seater... hes not gonna be a corser but still better than my T8C! xD hes learnt all other premium skills on his own. He last learnt Roar at 22 so he had a 6 level brake in his mid 20's

Posted

t8A male + t6H female (both courser)= Tier 8B female born with hind kick and s: front kick

Doing one more breeding today! I may have used up all my luck on my first breed tho hehe :) 

Posted

Not sure if anyone AFK trains horses on Mediah 2 EU:

Don't autoloop out of safe zones for a while or swap to a different channel.
I noticed an increase in PK'ers there.... >_>

2 people like this

Posted

So one of the t7 females on my wagon is almost a natural courser by level 16 - she has IA, Sprint, and Sidestep. Only needs charge/drift (the common-ish courser skills).

Here's hoping to learning those :v

Meanwhile the t7 male that they're supposed to be breeding with is total potato, even with a CS costume. Level 7 with only 3 skills, all bad ones.

Posted

So one of the t7 females on my wagon is almost a natural courser by level 16 - she has IA, Sprint, and Sidestep. Only needs charge/drift (the common-ish courser skills).

Here's hoping to learning those :v

Meanwhile the t7 male that they're supposed to be breeding with is total potato, even with a CS costume. Level 7 with only 3 skills, all bad ones.

I'd move that costume over to the female. It's not doing any good on the male, and it looks like every little bit would help to get those last two courser skills on the female.