• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

It absolutely does help - since this is showing that your horse is higher, valuewise, than @Ascaeldor 's males by more than 10 million silver.

Eh? No, my T8A is Semper.thumb.JPG.d9f78ac9d0af9e67d170e6c  So the price is almost the same :|

Posted (edited)

That was a ghost horse, everyone was still trying to buy it http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/138968-the-t7-listing-on-horse-market-na/&do=findComment&comment=1923877 People do still want T7s like mad, let alone coursers 

Screenshot (12).png

Ah, then that's me drawing a conclusion without knowing all of the details. That certainly does change things in terms of my initial worries. Thank you! =D

Eh? No, my T8A is Semper.thumb.JPG.d9f78ac9d0af9e67d170e6c  So the price is almost the same :|

Ah, my bad, I was going based off of your other T8 that was 236 million. Still, though - do you think this is sufficient for us to conclude that NA/EU prices are similar, then?

--------

Also, cursory breakdown of aggregate stats (I only pulled speed, accel, turn, and brake into consideration for these scores if they have some sort of bearing price wise).

8A = 508 total
8B = 508 total
8C = 529.6 total (the highest of all T8s)
8D = 508
8E = 496 (despite what was considered the most sought after, actually has the lowest of the handling stats, but still has the most stamina and health)

I am now kind of wanting a solid straightaway race between a T8C and a T8E to see if the speed and accel of the T8E can beat out the C's superior cancel and handling.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted

Definitely a good point - I think mentioning the breeds would be helpful (at the very least it wouldn't hurt to be able to draw from that for more in-depth tables for future data collection).

That said, though - there doesn't appear to be much price difference amongst the breeds (the only exception being the purebreeds, like the T8E and T8C which cannot learn two seater, so they end up being cheaper than the other breeds.).

Sorry, I meant whether you could breed them or not... whether they are resettable or not...

Posted

My other T8 is a T8C so he can´t learn Twoseater :) ( should be worth about 12 million) I guess the prices are the same for EU and NA. (hopefully my english isn´t that bad, it´s not my mother tongue, so yeah :$)

Posted

I've been playing around with the horse prices regarding tier, coats, skills and sex. Need more data but this is what I've came up with by pouring through the T8 threads and Lady Minuit's sheet https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/post-your-tier-8-horses-stats-at-level-30-new-sheet.435/

Market price minus skill prices. One is just overall and the other pic are of all the different costs.

Females definitely pull more silver! 

Prices.png

Screenshot (14).png

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry, I meant whether you could breed them or not... whether they are resettable or not...

Oh wow...yeah, that's definitely a statistic that bears mentioning, as does the number of deaths it has.

Additionally, since so many of us have used appearance coupons, please make sure to mention the base model of the horse, if you would, please =D

@Sad Panda

That is amazing, Sad.

I think that definitely puts it to bed then - Females are, on average, worth more than 17% of the male counterparts on average.

When I take @Ascaeldor 's 236 million T8 male compared to his 274 million T8 female, it comes out to just a little under 17% of an overage. It is substantially less than his male that is 248 million (less than 10%), but it's still a damn good example that the average overage is almost right on the money for his lower money T8 male horses in comparison to his T8 female.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oh wow...yeah, that's definitely a statistic that bears mentioning, as does the number of deaths it has.

Additionally, since so many of us have used appearance coupons, please make sure to mention the base model of the horse, if you would, please =D

@Sad Panda

That is amazing, Sad.

I think that definitely puts it to bed then - Females are, on average, worth more than 17% of the male counterparts on average.

When I take @Ascaeldor 's 236 million T8 male compared to his 274 million T8 female, it comes out to just a little under 17% of an overage. It is substantially less than his male that is 248 million (less than 10%), but it's still a damn good example that the average overage is almost right on the money for his lower money T8 male horses in comparison to his T8 female.

Thanks, it's something I do when I'm bored. I need to know all the things

Edit: Here's why I was gathering info, put some of your 8s in. I'm missing some of the gender-coat-courser/breed/no breed combos but if you don't have a horse that wasn't posted it should be close. I have the courser with no breeds in the same range as non-courser with breeds since it's still in early design and not a HUGE difference. Also collecting 6 and 7 data

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14SeuqVxdLcFFZtQw9yLj_vEtofdbOuDz2WX20lF09lU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Sad Panda

Posted

@Ascaeldor

You're right about the breeding thing - thank you for pointing that out (as that was what @Shaynae was trying to mention, too).

So, breedings absolutely do affect the overall value of the horse itself (which of course makes sense).

Posted

OH good lord! I really hope horse deaths don't affect T9 awakening chances. My T8E suffered 2 deaths today because I was -----y and thought I could handle more than I actually could. As a result, my T8E suffered 2 deaths... I was SO bummed.

Posted

OH good lord! I really hope horse deaths don't affect T9 awakening chances. My T8E suffered 2 deaths today because I was -----y and thought I could handle more than I actually could. As a result, my T8E suffered 2 deaths... I was SO bummed.

That would be super effed. Do you have a reset for it or has it already been used?

Posted (edited)

Thor.... level 28... learnt FC again xD now has 16 skills going to use a skill change again... He has the choice of sprint/sideways/S: IA or Two Seater

Skill change: FC for Sprint!

16/20 skills at level 28 he can now learn: FC, S: IA, Sideways & Two Seater

And Yippeeeeee a new record of skills learnt by a T8 :x

Edited by Aastrid
4 people like this

Posted

That would be super effed. Do you have a reset for it or has it already been used?

i have enough pearls that i could purchase a death reset, no worries. But the horse is bred out, so I don't have to worry about breeding. I'd just be more comfortable knowing whether death count effects T9 Awakening.

Posted

i have enough pearls that i could purchase a death reset, no worries. But the horse is bred out, so I don't have to worry about breeding. I'd just be more comfortable knowing whether death count effects T9 Awakening.

Didnt the guy who did the original T9 awakening video have a T8 horse with multiple deaths?  Didnt seem to be a problem but check that out.

Also re the price difference, I suspect the difference between female and male is equal to the "stud" fee that the male has with the extra breeding.  Probably applies to all horses too.

Posted

Ok, no problem, just wanted to make sure.  I am hoping to get about 6 breeds in this wknd.  I now put the dates on my breeds so I know exactly where I had left off and what happened when :D

The 2 T7's I just leveled had everything courser, on their own, except Sideways.  I'm ok with that.  If I get desperate for a courser when I have multiple t8's then maybe I would try skill change coupons but for now, sadly I don't have the money to play that game :)  It's a trap I really don't want to fall into either.

Yeah I completely understand that people can't or wont, I used to do it lots cause I was selling horses to people and they wanted good ones, so they rather send me some resets and stuff than a chance of getting a potato, seeing it can cost a lot to reroll a T8 with only 12-14 skills.

I haven't bought anything new, not even breed resets now that they changed the market for my last horses. :)
Though I've mostly quit horses in general, I do processing now for the most part, while leveling some horses to 10 and selling them off, and when I need "quick" cash I level a T8 and for females breed them, and males sell the breeds and then the horse. ^^ 

Posted

Can anyone confirm that breeding 2x t6 lvl 18s (i.e grade 14 in Famme's chart) can still produce t7 females?

It's now been 15 attempts since I produced a t7 in this manner (and it was a male).

Posted (edited)

Finally bred my first T8 ..   

T6F Female lvl 30  + T7G 27 Male  = T8A

Needless to say.. EXTREMELY HAPPY!!

Edited by Dreamweaver
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's interesting that the female t8s on average are worth more than the males but unless you accounted for the deaths, breeds, skills, etc. there are a lot of variables that could have effected that average. For example, if the female horses that were sampled were smarter on average than the males, then the average value of being a female would be artificially increased.

We can make this easier on ourselves to answer by decreasing the number of variables of unknown value that we're dealing with. Some questions we could try to answer include:

What is the difference in the value of a T8 male when it has 2 breeds (able to reset) and 1 breed (able to reset) and between when it has 1 breed (able to reset) and 0 breeds (able to reset), then 0 breeds (able to reset) and 2 breeds (unable to reset) and so on back down to 0 breeds (Unable to reset). All on one horse where none of the other factors have been affected (skills, level, deaths). Then the same determined for a female T8.

That will allow us to know the affect of breeds and reset breeds on horse value and how that differs between the genders.

The next question is whether or not stats affect the value of the horse. Are two horses with the same coat, skills, deaths, gender, and number of breeds worth exactly the same on the market? It would likely be easiest to determine this using level 2 horses.

From there we should ask, does the value of a horse change from when it has 0 deaths to when it has 1 death (assuming none of the other variables have changed)? If there is a decrease in value, is the amount it decreases the same as the decrease between 1 death and 2?

Once we know the above, we can begin to more accurately account for the different variables in order to make it much easier to determine the effect of gender alone on market value. Right now it looks like we're dealing with too many variables of unknown effect to come to a definitive conclusion.

If we knew the above and could account for it we wouldn't need to compare a male and female that were exactly the same, we could just account for their differences.

Hope that all makes sense and I didn't make any massive logical errors (I woke up in the middle of the night to write this and may not be entirely (or even remotely) awake).

TLDR: Determining the specific market value of breeds, stats, and deaths will make it much easier to determine the market value of gender.

Edited by Solest
1 person likes this

Posted

Hope that all makes sense and I didn't make any massive logical errors (I woke up in the middle of the night to write this and may not be entirely (or even remotely) awake).

It did to me at least. :P

A quick TLDR:

Measure value of horse with 2 breeds + reset, 1 breed + reset, etc etc until it's down to 0 breed/no reset. Repeat for male and female.

Take 2 horses of the same coat + skin (T6 racing horse maybe? Garunteed skin + skill?), level to level 2, and see how value changes with stats. (measure total stat gain most likely)

Posted

It did to me at least. :P

A quick TLDR:

Measure value of horse with 2 breeds + reset, 1 breed + reset, etc etc until it's down to 0 breed/no reset. Repeat for male and female.

Take 2 horses of the same coat + skin (T6 racing horse maybe? Garunteed skin + skill?), level to level 2, and see how value changes with stats. (measure total stat gain most likely)

Thanks! added a TLDR to the end.

I really must have been tired because I woke up this morning to realize I had set the end of my elephants autoloop into a river. Luckily there was a tree he got stuck on that saved him.

Posted

Finally got a T7 female (with all crap skills) almost at level 30. Is there any point to level all the way to the end of the 30th level? I plan on breeding her twice then possibly exchange for 3 x T8 attempts.

Posted (edited)

Finally got a T7 female (with all crap skills) almost at level 30. Is there any point to level all the way to the end of the 30th level? I plan on breeding her twice then possibly exchange for 3 x T8 attempts.

No, nothing changes.

Edited by Miyumi
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think it matters with filling the 30th level xp bar -. you can't even fill it completely since it stops 1 xp from max

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys, I won't waste any more time on her then :)