• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

is there any point to me owning a pure bred black T8 other than to lose the ability for two seater? as far as i can tell, unless u have the white one pure bred is a bad thing.

Posted

is there any point to me owning a pure bred black T8 other than to lose the ability for two seater? as far as i can tell, unless u have the white one pure bred is a bad thing.

But it's so pretty!

Posted

I have a T8C who is a courser.  For riding, I far prefer it over the white one.  The stats are great - all of them, not just speed and accel.  I also think it looks awesome.

Posted

But it's so pretty!

yea she is crazy pretty, but i was also under the impression that they would just be better period since they are a pain to breed. spent 50 bucks trying to get S accel but im too worried to spend anymore. Do you think the advanced color change coupon is worth giving a try?

Posted

So, T7J (Hyena) male 30 and T7C(Pretty black pure) female lvl 30, two breeds, used my conqueror compensation breed reset coupon and.........It begins, two T6 females fml. Was hoping for first time T7 breeding luck. 

Posted (edited)

yea she is crazy pretty, but i was also under the impression that they would just be better period since they are a pain to breed. spent 50 bucks trying to get S accel but im too worried to spend anymore. Do you think the advanced color change coupon is worth giving a try?

Based on this tooltip you can't learn any special skills. So it might add a skill for you but you'd still need skill changes to get it.

Premhorseskintooltip.jpg

/Edit: Figured I'd use it on my 2nd T8, currently lvl 25 with 15 skills, missing 5, 2 of which are S: skills. Didn't learn a skill, got ~200k exp instead. Rip

Edited by XMoshe

Posted

Based on this tooltip you can't learn any special skills. So it might add a skill for you but you'd still need skill changes to get it.

Premhorseskintooltip.jpg

It would be awesome if they actually told you which "few selected" horses could learn Two-Seater from this.

Posted (edited)

It would be awesome if they actually told you which "few selected" horses could learn Two-Seater from this.

Well by that it means no purebreds can learn it hence 'only a few' - those that are not purbreeds/atleast T6

For example T7 A-C T8E & T8C cannot learn two seater so this wouldn't work on them if youre trying to get that skill

Oh Thor has reached 30 @Silent_Zed stayed at 16/20 total skills - missing FC/S: IA/Sideays & Two Seater. Only used 3x skill changes when he re-learnt FC :)

Now is the time to level Thunder to 30... that famous T8 Fennel :/ he has Charge... xD

2017-04-23_290662307.JPG

2017-04-23_290922069.JPG

Edited by Aastrid
1 person likes this

Posted

Well by that it means no purebreds can learn it hence 'only a few' - those that are not purbreeds/atleast T6

For example T7 A-C T8E & T8C cannot learn two seater so this wouldn't work on them if youre trying to get that skill

Oh Thor has reached 30 @Silent_Zed stayed at 16/20 total skills - missing FC/S: IA/Sideays & Two Seater. Only used 3x skill changes when he re-learnt FC :)

Now is the time to level Thunder to 30... that famous T8 Fennel :/ he has Charge... xD

Yes, I'm aware purebreds cannot learn Two-Seater and if the description had said purebreds that would make more sense but it says "select few".  Typically purebreds are more rare than other coats so saying "select few" is confusing.  I know, I know, wanting accurate descriptions (or any descriptions) from BDO is asking a bit much.

Posted (edited)

scrap post.

Edited by Dreamweaver

Posted

The T8C (purebreed black) is arguably the best horse in the game. It has the best balance of stats (speed, accel, turn, brake) of all the horses. The only advantage the purebreed white has over the black, is that it starts with a higher speed and accel stats. However, at a sprint the white will bounce off every canyon wall that has twists and turns because it's turn/brake stats are severely lacking, whereas the black will carve right through them.

Posted

The T8C (purebreed black) is arguably the best horse in the game. It has the best balance of stats (speed, accel, turn, brake) of all the horses. The only advantage the purebreed white has over the black, is that it starts with a higher speed and accel stats. However, at a sprint the white will bounce off every canyon wall that has twists and turns because it's turn/brake stats are severely lacking, whereas the black will carve right through them.

You have given me a new name for a pure white T8.  Pinball.  =p

2 people like this

Posted

if you want a better drift horse than you want the black.

I'm still wanting one so bad! 2 whites now 😕 I've had all skins but black. Guess wanting it so much is why I can't seem to get one. I'd never sale one of my white ones (still lvling the second so the better one I'll never sale) They are just amazing beautiful. But race tracks aren't straight! So racing them is rough if you drift. My racer I've raced since races started (but quit after merge lag hit) so I know how he handles tracks. Plus was only t8 I had to race. But everyone I knew (early days of racing) who got a white and raced it only did a time or 2 and said no way! LoL Hoping I can get a black to race one day once I have a new pc and can race anything over a t5. 

2 people like this

Posted

I keep trying for pure blacks and only ever got 2 t7 pure blacks months ago and none since!

Anyway, April has been so disappointing for breeds but....I have one going now with my t8, Bolt and I got some resets while they were on sale so a few more in the works.

But even so, I was bummed this morning about all the males and t6's and I did not want to smash my 1 pure black t7 with the female it just bred with.  So I bought a leveled bred out t7 on the market to smash with her.  I didn't realize how expensive it was tho.

Thank the stars the above, you guys, my 2nd tier 8 on this smash up!  Meet Borealis, he was born with S: Front Kick and I hope he turns out smarter than Bolt.  I do like this skin alot and just happy that I Finally got a second t8. :D

2017-04-23_956688338.JPG

6 people like this

Posted

FINALLY! my curse has been broken... unto behold on attempt 21.... couldn't have asked for better a T6 male and T7 female

20 and 21.png

6 people like this

Posted

Grats Aastrid! Love the names as well :) 

Posted (edited)

Grats Aastrid! Love the names as well :) 

Thank you! I try and go for a theme for the two foals xD

EDIT: Thunder lvl 29... still 10 skills xD

EDIT EDIT: Stupid images >.<

2017-04-23_290662307.JPG

2017-04-23_290922069.JPG

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

Congrats StarrBerry and Aastrid!!!! 🎉🎉

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you! I try and go for a theme for the two foals xD

EDIT: Thunder lvl 29... still 10 skills xD

EDIT EDIT: Stupid images >.<

Lol... that T8 10 skills... I cry. It should be illegal to have such a potato...
Kakao should guarantee at least 12 skills on  T8....

Posted

Lol... that T8 10 skills... I cry. It should be illegal to have such a potato...Kakao should guarantee at least 12 skills on  T8....

Hes errr very special xD he has charge and S: Front Kick... xD

Posted

VannilaLatte is on the final stretch. 7 levels to go, and 7 unlearned skills. Missing 3 courser skills. Gagh! This isn't my first time leveling a T8, but still I suffer anxiety each time. :$

vanillaLatteProgress.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mine is a female T8D =] Currently leveling a male T8B, I'll post final stats/price once it's level 30.

As promised. T8B Male lvl 30, 1 courser parent, started with 2 skills, ended with 17 (premium skin coupon didn't give a skill rip). Missing fore chop/hind kick and caution.

T8MaleLvl30Stats.jpg

Actually had a question about horse selling. I remember it being an instant post but something I read a while back gave me the idea there's a 10min timer on horses as well? Is that accurate or did I misread?

Edited by XMoshe

Posted

Okay @Aastrid, I think you passed your T6 luck on to me....

I had two Coursers T6N female and T7D male and I got T6R and T6F females,,

A bit of a rant here... this happens to me every single time I try for a purebred.  I want a purebred white and so what do I get?  Two horses with high black.  I completely understand color theory.  But it's like adding insult to injury... I get not only T6s, but I get a color that I'm not working towards.  I've bred one pure... a T7B and it was totally unexpected.  This isn't one or two times here... anyone who knows me knows that I spend all my time breeding and leveling horses.

I give up... 

Posted

Okay @Aastrid, I think you passed your T6 luck on to me....

I had two Coursers T6N female and T7D male and I got T6R and T6F females,,

A bit of a rant here... this happens to me every single time I try for a purebred.  I want a purebred white and so what do I get?  Two horses with high black.  I completely understand color theory.  But it's like adding insult to injury... I get not only T6s, but I get a color that I'm not working towards.  I've bred one pure... a T7B and it was totally unexpected.  This isn't one or two times here... anyone who knows me knows that I spend all my time breeding and leveling horses.

I give up... 

D: I wouldn't wish my T6 Curse on anyone! although I didn't care for the colours on the T6s as I kept getting them xD

Posted

7H.pnglvl 29 + 6H.pnglvl 28 =6L.png

7H.pnglvl 29 + 6H.pnglvl 28 =6L.png

Same male T7, different female - same skin.... what are you trying to tell me Kakao... >_> ¬¬