• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Year 2 Mega Horse Breeding Thread

2,805 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally got my very first T8, a T8A Stallion.

His grandfather was a courser T6I who learned every skill except for one. His mother was a T6R noticeably smarter than the other horses in the group of four I leveled and his father T7E who was of above average intelligence as well. Basically, I'm hoping like hell that a bloodline of non potatos might help the RNG for me here because I don't want him to be dumb haha. I've also branded him and suited him in a cash shop suit on the off chance they actually do what the cash shop says they do, but I firmly believe it's just a money grab from KashKow.

So far he's level 18 with 12 skills learned. Fingers crossed! Once he's 30 I'll keep breeding in hopes of getting a few T7 mares to breed with him one way or another.

4 people like this

Posted

Okay @Aastrid, I think you passed your T6 luck on to me....

I had two Coursers T6N female and T7D male and I got T6R and T6F females,,

A bit of a rant here... this happens to me every single time I try for a purebred.  I want a purebred white and so what do I get?  Two horses with high black.  I completely understand color theory.  But it's like adding insult to injury... I get not only T6s, but I get a color that I'm not working towards.  I've bred one pure... a T7B and it was totally unexpected.  This isn't one or two times here... anyone who knows me knows that I spend all my time breeding and leveling horses.

I give up... 

I've learned to accept that if my foal is a T6, color theory goes out the window because there's friggin 21 horses in that tier , and unless you can guarantee that one of the colors is a 0 (zero), there's at minimum 16-18 horses to choose from due to some really low color theory numbers across a majority of those horses. T7 is better, but not by much, so I don't bother there either. The only time I really count on color theory anymore is when I'm shooting for a T8 result because there's only 5 total horses, and usually only 4 max that can match at any given time, so the odds are better.

Posted

Actually had a question about horse selling. I remember it being an instant post but something I read a while back gave me the idea there's a 10min timer on horses as well? Is that accurate or did I misread?

There is now a world notice for T8s anytime you list one - even shows a picture of the horse skin being sold.  

Ten minute delay from registering any horse to the time it shows up on a market.  

Posted

There is now a world notice for T8s anytime you list one - even shows a picture of the horse skin being sold.  

Ten minute delay from registering any horse to the time it shows up on a market.  

Alright thanks for the info. It's exactly 10mins everytime or does it differ like on the marketplace.

Posted

More females..... I now have 1 t6 male with 1 breeding left and 7 females only one of them t7 because my t6g + t7h gave a t6c female :(

Posted

Alright thanks for the info. It's exactly 10mins everytime or does it differ like on the marketplace.

Ive sold T7s twice now with the timer.  It has been ten minutes when I have done it, I tell them to start refreshing market just close to the ten min mark, and both times the buyers got the horse. 

More females..... I now have 1 t6 male with 1 breeding left and 7 females only one of them t7 because my t6g + t7h gave a t6c female :(

If you are on NA, I can list male T6s for you.

Posted

Ive sold T7s twice now with the timer.  It has been ten minutes when I have done it, I tell them to start refreshing market just close to the ten min mark, and both times the buyers got the horse. 

If you are on NA, I can list male T6s for you.

Nope I'm on EU, will have to go capturing some T5's and breed them into T6's and hopefully get some males out of it

Posted

My white T8 has 11 skills. And gave me all t6 foals. He's a spud stud. Only thing that keeps him alive is his beauty and fast speed!

My new one is lvl 26 with 12 skills. 1 was from 1out of 4 appearance change coupons. 😕 Hopefully she will learn at least 1 more.  

Posted

Just bred my male T8B and female T8D and got a T8A and T8D, both male out of it D: 2 skills each from two courser parents. In case anyone keeps track, my females price dropped from 275 to 212mil after using both breeds.

Posted (edited)

My only white T8 is a little bit dumb (level 26, 12 skills):

nimbus_26.thumb.PNG.92cb13446bd554305f25

I hope he will be a great father and then we could use him as a horse magazine model with great teeth. Or maybe I can imperial trade him xD

Nimbus_model.thumb.PNG.07442a2c4d789c26d

I still don't know what to do with my spare T8s. They're not worth the sale in the marketplace and I already exchanged two of them with not much success >.< 

Edited by Aeryeen

Posted

First T7 is a 7C at L25, only 7 skills, all junk skills except charge. :(

What should I breed it with to try for something uselful?

Posted

Looking for some advice, given the T8A I got I'm not able to roll for a purebred T8. Should I use a horse that allows for a white pure bred chance, or one that allows for both the white and black pure bred T8?

Posted

Just bred my male T8B and female T8D and got a T8A and T8D, both male out of it D: 2 skills each from two courser parents. In case anyone keeps track, my females price dropped from 275 to 212mil after using both breeds.

If you have the exact price and missing skills, could you post here http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/109407-your-t8-horses-stats-at-lv-30/&page=1 or here https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/post-your-tier-8-horses-stats-at-level-30-new-sheet.435/ pretty please? There's a huge sheet recorded with horse and breeder names, stats, skills, price, etc put together by Lady Minuit 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l7qklMrjBw9oCRP6a2f-6GU4mG-CExX6xpu_F10_mdw/edit#gid=1419896353

Posted

Looking for some advice, given the T8A I got I'm not able to roll for a purebred T8. Should I use a horse that allows for a white pure bred chance, or one that allows for both the white and black pure bred T8?

I bred my first T8A with two T6 females; got 2x T8E

(also bred 5x T8E with T6/T7 and got only one T8 back - hello RNG!)

1 person likes this

Posted

Penta T6 female from breed/exchanging the same male that's an accomplishment in itself, gg Kakao :)

Posted

Did T7 x T7 breed and got T8 then T7 in exchange, yey another T8 can't sell unless it turns potato.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Posted (edited)

A question for the racers out there - what do you think is the best breed for each tier?

I have only started racing, but the guides I have found seem to only offer cursory information and nothing truly in-depth, the most helpful of which is the most obvious which is to simply have the best horse gear you can (they don't even indicate that it should be Storm gear, which has superior handling, speed, and acceleration).

I was thinking that the purebreeds should really be the best for the most part, but which one? Like T8E is ultra fast, but that handling seems like it might be a problem (the first race I did went through Treant Forest and oh my god, the stump collision was terrible, as were the turn-arounds).

Are the Kings of Racing for T7 and T8 the C breed, because of the insane turn/brake and ability to drift cancel faster?

And the most important question - Is it worth it? I watched a video of someone opening a huge amount of racing emblem boxes (50) and 7 were T8s (14%), 11 were T7s (22%), and the remaining 32 were T6 (64%), but it all depends on if you win, and especially given the long time inbetween racing. Or is racing just for the fun of it with a bit of frosting in the form of the reward boxes because racing for profit is just remarkably inefficient.

Edited by SilentZed

Posted (edited)

If you have the exact price and missing skills, could you post here http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/109407-your-t8-horses-stats-at-lv-30/&page=1 or here https://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/post-your-tier-8-horses-stats-at-level-30-new-sheet.435/ pretty please? There's a huge sheet recorded with horse and breeder names, stats, skills, price, etc put together by Lady Minuit 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l7qklMrjBw9oCRP6a2f-6GU4mG-CExX6xpu_F10_mdw/edit#gid=1419896353

Will add the info once I take a break from autopathing. Let me ask another question, 3 of my horses were T7H type. The female had higher turn/brake while the 2 males clearly had higher speed/accel. Its a very small sample size but did anyone ever look into this?

/Edit: alright added :)

@Nyrante leveling two T6 females, 4 chances for a white purebred, 2 chances for a black one :)

Edited by XMoshe

Posted

A question for the racers out there - what do you think is the best breed for each tier?

I have only started racing, but the guides I have found seem to only offer cursory information and nothing truly in-depth, the most helpful of which is the most obvious which is to simply have the best horse gear you can (they don't even indicate that it should be Storm gear, which has superior handling, speed, and acceleration).

I was thinking that the purebreeds should really be the best for the most part, but which one? Like T8E is ultra fast, but that handling seems like it might be a problem (the first race I did went through Treant Forest and oh my god, the stump collision was terrible, as were the turn-arounds).

Are the Kings of Racing for T7 and T8 the C breed, because of the insane turn/brake and ability to drift cancel faster?

And the most important question - Is it worth it? I watched a video of someone opening a huge amount of racing emblem boxes (50) and 7 were T8s (14%), 11 were T7s (22%), and the remaining 32 were T6 (64%), but it all depends on if you win, and especially given the long time inbetween racing. Or is racing just for the fun of it with a bit of frosting in the form of the reward boxes because racing for profit is just remarkably inefficient.

Obviously speed gear over  def gear +10.
I don't think there is a 'best breed'.
The key to winning races is ofcourse having a good horse --> IA/S:IA/Drift/Sprint you know the deal. If you can control your horse properly and know short cuts then it doesn't matter much if the other horse is faster/more mobile/better at halting etc etc.

As for the reward...
I'm not sure these days, lots of people start racing, before you could be the only person in a race = ez win.
Now there are competitive players, players that will charge you off your horse at races.

People will do anything to win... and it takes away a lot of the fun for me.
I like being competitive, that's fine but the racing players get more rude than ever... and I don't feel it's just to knock others off just for the hell of winning.
Or.. how other racers don't wait --> others won't get a reward if they ain't fast enough.
I'm too kind for races.

Anyways, if you got a good horse and start practicing I think it can be way more profitable.
Let's say it takes half a year (for me) to get my first T8 through breeding.
With racing it can be after your first box (for me.. again).
Racing is less time consuming, if you win that is.

Posted

Obviously speed gear over  def gear +10.I don't think there is a 'best breed'.
The key to winning races is ofcourse having a good horse --> IA/S:IA/Drift/Sprint you know the deal. If you can control your horse properly and know short cuts then it doesn't matter much if the other horse is faster/more mobile/better at halting etc etc.

As for the reward...
I'm not sure these days, lots of people start racing, before you could be the only person in a race = ez win.
Now there are competitive players, players that will charge you off your horse at races.

People will do anything to win... and it takes away a lot of the fun for me.
I like being competitive, that's fine but the racing players get more rude than ever... and I don't feel it's just to knock others off just for the hell of winning.
Or.. how other racers don't wait --> others won't get a reward if they ain't fast enough.
I'm too kind for races.

Anyways, if you got a good horse and start practicing I think it can be way more profitable.
Let's say it takes half a year (for me) to get my first T8 through breeding.
With racing it can be after your first box (for me.. again).
Racing is less time consuming, if you win that is.

Ugh - well, that solidifies that I won't be racing on anything other than the Warrior who has yet to hit level 50. Question - will charge still knock you off the horse if you are not PvP capable? I would assume not if you are sub-50, but I remember someone saying that even sub-50 people could be charged - I just don't know if it stopped them completely or if it actually kicked them from their horse.

Posted

So... I don't know why, but all of the T6s I train always seem to turn out to be pretty smart. This new T6 I'm leveling (Leon) is only lvl 5 and already almost a courser!! xD

2017-04-24_691616729.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Ugh - well, that solidifies that I won't be racing on anything other than the Warrior who has yet to hit level 50. Question - will charge still knock you off the horse if you are not PvP capable? I would assume not if you are sub-50, but I remember someone saying that even sub-50 people could be charged - I just don't know if it stopped them completely or if it actually kicked them from their horse.

I'm not quite sure.. logic would be: <lvl 50 can't PVP so they can't get charged either... so I doubt they get thrown off, let alone stopped?
But I never raced on <lvl 50 so I can't tell.

Posted

Well, I got my 3rd T8 this wknd breeding Bolt the Dolt to a t7.   Sadly the money spent on the resets resulted in t6's and was a bit of a waste.   Thank goodness they were on sale but still.......ugh.  April's breeding gave me  about 50% more males than females.

Male            Female       Foal
L30 T6(S) x L30 T5 (L) = T6(R) Female
L30 T6(S) x L27 T6 (C) = T7(J) Male
L30 T6(S) x L27 T6 (C) = T6(L) Male - Exchange
L30 T7(C) X L30 T5 (J) = T6(R) Female
L30 T7(C) x L30 T5 (H) = T6(A) Male
L30 T7(C) x L30 T5 (H) = T6(k) Male - Exchange
L30 T6(S) x L30 T6 (N) = T6(T) Male
L30 T6(S) x L30 T6 (P) = T6(B) Female
L30 T6(S) x L30 T6 (P) = T6(I) Male - Exchange
L30 T7(C) x L30 T6 (T) = T7(E) Male
L30 T7(C) x L30 T6 (P) = T6(E) Female
L30 T7(J) x L30 T6 (P) = T8(D) Male - Exchange
L30 T8(A) x L30 T7 (I) = T7(E) Male
L30 T8(A) x L30 T7 (D) = T8(B) Male
L30 T8(A) x L30 T7 (I) = T6(J) Female - Reset
L30 T8(A) x L30 T7 (D) = T6(D) Female - Reset

Posted

Question - will charge still knock you off the horse if you are not PvP capable? I would assume not if you are sub-50, but I remember someone saying that even sub-50 people could be charged - I just don't know if it stopped them completely or if it actually kicked them from their horse.

This is just anecdotal, but so far the times my sub-50 has always lived up to the same results every time. My horse trainer that is sub-50 gets charged from time to time, but I've yet to see it unhorse me. A couple of times I've witnessed it happening as I just happened to be watching the screen when it took place. It will however interrupt the horse's Auto-Path. Every time one of my 50+ toons gets charged, I don't always get unhorsed, but it happens more often than not. But what I've noticed is that every time I've been unhorsed from a charge, I'm always in a combat stance with weapon drawn after getting up. Which leads me to believe that those times that I come back from AFK and my Sub-50 is still mounted but sitting still (a desync always ends up with me standing in the middle of the road with my horse farther down the road), was simply my horse being charged but I couldn't be unhorsed, however it interrupted and halted my horse's autopath.

Posted

4C.png  +  4F.png =  7J.png

T4C                              T4F                                 T7J (m) with F.Chop

My very first T7 at the second attempt. Tomorrow, another go for the T4C male and then exchange. 

1 person likes this