• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ravage Rake, Enforcement, Slanted Balance, Repeated Annihilation, etc..

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I've noticed people don't seem to talk about these skills much. Mostly hear about wheel of fortune, shift Q, shift lmb. I don't have the points to just max everything though, and I can't seem to find any comments on these other skills with the drastically shorter cooldowns. Even googling it turns up very little mention. I've seen the one skill recommendation guide, but for these mentioned skills it just kind of says they're pre-awakening pve skills. Doesn't really tell me if any are good except to say not to use Repeated Annihilation for some reason, and I almost get the impression people don't use most of these skills at all.

Any opinions from people that have tested these out? Is one better to have than another, are any of them flat out inefficient for some reason? In particular I can't decide between enforcement and ravage rake here (or obsidian ashes for that matter, but I'll have to get that later..).  Any of you that are level 56/57+ might even have them all.

Also the etc. from the title would be pervasive darkness, but I think people do use that.

Posted (edited)

I don't remember about the rest of skills because I don't know their names but I use enforcement constantly. It's a good skill to be used before Shift LMB (mark + CC + good damage).

... but I have no idea what its ultimate does.

Edited by Edremis
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'am lvl 57 and have over 700 SP so i maxed all usefull skills. Thats my skillbuild: http://bddatabase.net/de/skillcalc/32158 

Edited by Silica
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am not sure if you would ever find a guide for skills used in PvP for pre-awakening (since people are all waiting for the awakening to come out at this time..)

For PvE though I just build my 2 combo strings off of [Unveiled Dagger + Hidden Strike].

Both of those skills are 3 seconds cooldown. If you work on the add-on for those, you can basically open your combo with 17% attack speed, 20% crit, 25 monster AP, 4% accuracy and 4% evasion, and you can spam those buffs up with such short cooldown.

Hidden Strike also leaves marks. So opening from those I can either go --> Wheel of Fortune (on the ground) --> Choice of finishers (Kamasylvia Slash / Corrupting Ground / Lunacy of Vedir) as they are all down attacks. Prioritize Kamasylvia Slash to blow up the marks.

I can also, on the 2nd combo string, go with --> Air Strike (bound) --> Slanted Balance (down attack) --> Enforcement (down attack) --> Imperious Command to blow the marks.

Both combo strings can be pull off in ~2-3 seconds due to the attack speed boost from opener + add-on.

Just side strafe around the packs / travel to next pack between the two combo strings for mana regen. The cooldowns will also work really nicely.

I've noticed people don't seem to talk about these skills much. Mostly hear about wheel of fortune, shift Q, shift lmb. I don't have the points to just max everything though, and I can't seem to find any comments on these other skills with the drastically shorter cooldowns. Even googling it turns up very little mention. I've seen the one skill recommendation guide, but for these mentioned skills it just kind of says they're pre-awakening pve skills. Doesn't really tell me if any are good except to say not to use Repeated Annihilation for some reason, and I almost get the impression people don't use most of these skills at all.

Any opinions from people that have tested these out? Is one better to have than another, are any of them flat out inefficient for some reason? In particular I can't decide between enforcement and ravage rake here (or obsidian ashes for that matter, but I'll have to get that later..).  Any of you that are level 56/57+ might even have them all.

Also the etc. from the title would be pervasive darkness, but I think people do use that.

It is also true that skills such as Repeated Annihilation / Ravage Rake are not preferred due to the fact that they lock you in a longer animation, not doing exceptional damage, and most importantly, don't provide protection (SA, Frontal Block) or CC while locking you in place.

In this regard, Air Strike (invincible on dash) / Kamasylvia Slash (frontal block) / Wheel of Fortune (SA) are the safer skills for PvP / bossing / harder PvE packs as they resemble more to the awakening skill set most other classes have now. Unveiled Dagger + Hidden Strike is somewhat in between for its quick execution and a small AoE stun on hit.

Pervasive Darkness.. I use it sometimes, but it's a preference I guess. It could regen a good chunk of mana if you have rank 3 and hit it off a big enough pack, but at time I almost feel it faster to just hit Shift+Space for a second or 2 before dashing off to the next pack, so it's up to what you like.

Edited by Yumemiya
2 people like this

Posted

I started to use repeated annihilation as filler between the obvious skills. Its pretty decent skill because its spammable and when used during CD you just loose 100% crit.

Posted (edited)

I use enforcement, pervasive darkness, sudden attack & scarring slash and slanted balance and ravage rake. I don't use corrupt ground and I never press E for imperious command as kamasylvia slash does that for you and I find repeated annihilation slow. I carry about 10 mana pots and I don't use extraction gems

Level 57.62 with 766SP

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

There's a nice cancel with flow: ravaging rake.

If you smokey haze forward and then hit LMB+RMB, you'll do sudden attack, and then switch straight into the last (big) hit of Ravage Rake.

4 people like this

Posted

I'am lvl 57 and have over 700 SP so i maxed all usefull skills. Thats my skillbuild: http://bddatabase.net/de/skillcalc/32158 

This build, this build is what you want. 

Most skills are fillers tbh but those skills help grinding alot and in PvP

Posted

Here's my take on them, and a few others... made a short-ish video.

you can basically open your combo with 17% attack speed

Just a note, attack speed addons don't stack like this.  If you trigger +7% and then +10% you will only have +10%.

Posted

Here's my take on them, and a few others... made a short-ish video.

Just a note, attack speed addons don't stack like this.  If you trigger +7% and then +10% you will only have +10%.

i assume he meant 10% from the base speed buff and 7% from add-on, if I recall the abilities and add-ons correctly, which should stack 

1 person likes this

Posted

... I just build my 2 combo strings off of skills on 3 seconds cooldown. 

So opening from those I go --> Wheel of Fortune (on the ground) --> Choice of finishers (Kamasylvia Slash / Corrupting Ground / Lunacy of Vedir) , or go with --> Air Strike (bound) --> Slanted Balance (down attack) --> Enforcement (down attack) --> Imperious Command to blow the marks.

I agree with your elaborate skill cycles, sir.

I then get on my Wizard and hold S+F and everything dies.  FeelsBadMan.  I'm waiting for the awakening before -----ing with this toon beyond 57.  

The grind is beyond slow at the moment and the APM is insane with what another class will do in 2 clicks and a bong rip.

Posted

why don't people use repeated annihilation? because of its steep mana cost? tbh I use it sometimes as a filler in a rotation if cds aren't up yet

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/32297 This is the build i currently use. I used my filler points to get Rake as the damage is comparable to other fillers but also regen mana. That said, this is a grinding build, i will definitly drop rake/shadow bullet/possible pervasive darkness and maybe even shift+e once awakening hit.

I actually quite like shift+e  in node war, allows to poke from a distance and CC groups of people altho since it doesnt give any protection you have to make sure to be max ranged when using it. i played around with the other skill at 55 and found that they were either lacking or the mana cost made them less desirable to me. (for exemple, shift+rmb has great sheet damage, cool animation, but the damage felt...much lower than even rake somehow)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Lick_MyCrit

I will fully admit that this probably is't optimal, but I have been using Repeated Annihilation with the addons +10% attack speed and +25 bonus to dmg to monsters for PVE. I've seen some pretty decent results. the 10% attack speed stacks with your F's. Plus it procs from 1 hit from shift + rmb, which you can immediately cancel out of into more vanilla rotation. Since there's no cd on the skills it makes it pretty easy to keep up the buffs. Again It's probably not the best use of my clicks for overall DPS, but meh, it works for me; and I seem to keep up with the average DK clear speed...Not to mention it seems to do a decent amount of dmg once it stacks with the 10% attack speed from your F.

My basic Rotation is: Forward F > F+F > Shift + RMB / cancel into Shift + F > (insert Shift + LMB / Shift Q / "hotbar ulti move,") > reapply F / Shift + RMB buffs > use Shift + RMB when everything else is on C/D with the 20% atk speed buff > Repeat. I do have Ravage rake in there too, but I'm not sold on this one just yet. 

Not knocking the current meta build though, that one is legit for sure. Plus like others have said, the usefulness of Shift + RMB in pvp is bleh, since there's no super armor :(

Edited by Flaccid+Erotica
Speeling is hrad

Posted (edited)

F>F>SPACE>S+RMB>SHIFT+Q
stiff>stun>dp reduc>stiff>stun
(can't repeat due to shiftQ cd > so go into kd rotation below)

F>F>SPACE>SHIFT+G>S+LMB>SHIFT+LMB > ult
stiff>stun>dp reduc>float>down/air>down>down

just been using my pvp rotation to pve to build muscle memory

few people have more than 30% stiffness, so once I land a stiffness, that person is typically dead 90% of the time in one rotation

Edited by Blackstag

Posted

After awakening all you really need for attack skills is air raid and wheel of fortune, 50/50 on the trap skill.

1 person likes this