• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The third most spoken language in the world, will Black Desert be in Spanish?

Would you like to see Black Desert in Spanish?   106 votes

1. 1. Would you like to see Black Desert in Spanish?

• Yes I would like it.
    • No, I would not like it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Posted

The Spanish language, the second most spoken native language in the world, and the third most spoken in the world; Only below the Mandarin language (China) and English), and well above the French and German language.
Why does not Black Desert in Spanish still exist when practically 10% of the planet speaks Spanish?

More than 600 million people speak Spanish, but Black Desert is not in Spanish.
Less than 300 million people speak French, and Black Desert is in French.
Less than 150 million people speak German, and Black Desert is in German .................

Do not see it profitable to translate Black Desert into Spanish? A single person would be able to translate it in just 6 months .......... A translation group was already made in "www.BlackDesertSP.com" which had 7 people who translated only in their spare time, and In just 3 months they translated more than 75% of the game ...

There are generic MMORPGs, which offer nothing new, and are completely full of Spanish speakers simply because the game is in Spanish.

In addition, the Latin American Server now exists, and a traduction to Neutral Spanish would make even more sense.

I would like to know an official answer, do you think to translate Black Desert into Spanish, or did not even raise it?
And please ..... a direct answer and we can all understand; Without evasive answers or walking the branches ...

Posted

there's also a korea version even tho only 1% of the world speaks korean. it's total bullshit 

8 people like this

Posted

Naaah.

Posted

You put money where you can make money. If nobody on the BDO side has proven that translating it would be profitable then they won't translate it.

Simple as that. It's not "fair" or well balanced in terms of so many people speak this or that.

Posted

I heard RedFox is gonna launch the game in South America, probably translated to Spanish, maybe that means pearl abyss can use that translation or whatever

Posted

I heard RedFox is gonna launch the game in South America, probably translated to Spanish, maybe that means pearl abyss can use that translation or whatever

They wont.

Spanish in EU/NA is only used in two countries, one being Mexico and the other Spain, French is the official language of Belgium, Canada, Luxembourg, Switzerland besides France (and Monaco if we are going to include everyone) and German is of Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg and Switzerland besides Germany (and Liechtenstein since I mentioned Monaco in relation to French), so lets take a look at the Spanish population ... 46.77m, now France ... 66.03m and last Merkland,  I mean Germany ... 80.62m.

And no, I am not going to put Mexico numbers because LOL Mexico. ... And Andorra doesnt count.

Spanish might be more spoken worldwide but this is EU/NA, also ...

All countries not listed above will not be serviced and their IP will be blocked.

Posted

There is a difference between the number of people who speak a given language (especially native) and how much that language is spread out through the world and even how it's used as an alternative language. And then there's customers/target market.
Hindi also has many people, and Portuguese is over French and German. In most sites that have only three languages do you usually see Spanish, Portuguese or Hindi? 
I'm not saying I'm aganist the Spanish version (I actually like diversity), by the way, just saying it's not a "greater numbers" thing.

Posted

While the world is diverse and yes Spanish is a widely spoken language. Certain factors come in to play for a business.

1) How much money will it cost us to develop this?

2) How many "man-hours" are we going to be using for this translation and what are we sacraficing with dedicating time to this?

3) How much return on our investment (IE: time) will we get for making this move?

4) Is there a big demand for this feature?

5) Will this feature increase our playerbase, leave it relatively the same?

6) How much marketing funds will we spend advertising this feature? And will we have to "re-launch" the game as another region? 

Posted

Nah, RedFox would invest in that translation for self. They wouldn't give it to cashcow cause that defeats the point. They would want it to be exclusive. 

Posted

Why does not Black Desert in Spanish still exist when practically 10% of the planet speaks Spanish?

Because the countries were Spanish is mainly spoken outside of Spain are not in the licensing area of Kakao. If you want to play BDO in Spanish then go play the Latin American version. 

Posted

there's also a korea version even tho only 1% of the world speaks korean. it's total bullshit 

totally unplayable. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

The Spanish language, the second most spoken native language in the world, and the third most spoken in the world; Only below the Mandarin language (China) and English), and well above the French and German language.

Less than 150 million people speak German, and Black Desert is in German .................

Do not see it profitable to translate Black Desert into Spanish? A single person would be able to translate it in just 6 months .......... A translation group was already made in "www.BlackDesertSP.com" which had 7 people who translated only in their spare time, and In just 3 months they translated more than 75% of the game ...

There are generic MMORPGs, which offer nothing new, and are completely full of Spanish speakers simply because the game is in Spanish.

In addition, the Latin American Server now exists, and a traduction to Neutral Spanish would make even more sense.

I would like to know an official answer, do you think to translate Black Desert into Spanish, or did not even raise it?
And please ..... a direct answer and we can all understand; Without evasive answers or walking the branches ...

No, because we are EU/NA BDO

Posted

They wont.

Spanish in EU/NA is only used in two countries, one being Mexico and the other Spain, French is the official language of Belgium, Canada, Luxembourg, Switzerland besides France (and Monaco if we are going to include everyone) and German is of Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg and Switzerland besides Germany (and Liechtenstein since I mentioned Monaco in relation to French), so lets take a look at the Spanish population ... 46.77m, now France ... 66.03m and last Merkland,  I mean Germany ... 80.62m.

And no, I am not going to put Mexico numbers because LOL Mexico. ... And Andorra doesnt count.

Spanish might be more spoken worldwide but this is EU/NA, also ...

You sure about that?

Posted

no, i dont need more spanish speakers spamming the server, and this is coming from someone with fluent spanish 

Posted (edited)

mmmm no lei nada d lo k psist
pro kreo k los pokos k juegan bdo aki kon 
los gringos zapbeen aunk  zhea un pko de
gringo aprte zon pokos los k c leen el lore lol
muxos dL guild ni zaven dk va L juego :v :v :v
xq no leen nada d la istoria~

aprt muxas d las guias bienen kon L nombre
n gringo i zi lo traducs los nombres bienen difernts
psss no zea wevon mijooooo!! y use el google
traductor s gratizzzzz

y no kreo q los dl kokao respondan algo
mehor ubieraz mandao un ticket aki n L
foro zolo te diran k no y mmdas d+

gg si keres algo no lo pdas n L foro nunk!

ticket ticket!!

a i c m andba olvidndo k los brazukas lo zakaran n español y portugues

Edited by Kotaro

Posted

Last i checked the game isnt also available in Mandarin even thought its the NUMBER ONE? spoken language in the world AND? It's also not available in Hindi???? What is this?? I bet it's some sort of european conspiracy to overtake the planet. Or maybe. Just maybe. Noone want's to publish the game in your smelly country lul

Posted

More than 600 000 000 speak spanish... But only 7 were willing to work a bit to translate it... Now guess why its not done...

Posted

Didn't Kakao just buy licensing rights in South America?

You'll be able to play on those servers with many other Spanish and Latin variant language speakers.

1 person likes this

Posted

your smelly country

why the hate? Lol

Posted

I'm gonna go with no and if there was a poll about discontinuing the french and german language support I would vote yes on that.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, trump is building a wall to keep all the mexicans out of BDO

Posted

Last i checked the game isnt also available in Mandarin even thought its the NUMBER ONE? spoken language in the world AND? It's also not available in Hindi???? What is this?? I bet it's some sort of european conspiracy to overtake the planet. Or maybe. Just maybe. Noone want's to publish the game in your smelly country lul

In the good old days there were no need for conspiring. Spain got half the world, Portugal the other half. Case closed.

Posted (edited)

You sure about that?

Yes, I checked.

Also I will remind you that the US doesnt have a official language, English isnt the official language of the United States of America since there isnt one but Sates have decided on what is the state official languages, English is official language in ALL states.

Also now speaking of working languages, the The European Commission has three working languages: English, French and German.

Edited by DRKN

Posted

since when is Spanish relevant 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To be fair, I am Korean and play the game in English. I choose to play the North American version since my friends play on it. It's strange that a Korean game doesn't offer Korean language or text. So I am not surprised that it doesn't offer Spanish either, since they haven't offered Korean in the NA and EU clients.  I am not opposed to Spanish being offered in the game, though. I hope they expand the languages possible, since America and Europe are very diverse places. I hope they offer Korean in the future too, so I can speak properly with those who also speak Korean. But, sadly we're probabaly the minority in NA/EU. :)  

Edited by Junyoung
2 people like this