• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Idea to Make Pets & Value packs more accessible to buy in game.

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I gots an Idea to make pets and value packs more available on the marketplace and more desirable to sell... Tell me your thoughts...

TLDR:

Buying pets and value packs off the marketplace is nearly impossible because of how seldom they are listed because Cash shop players reserve their 5 weekly purchases for max silver priced items such as awakening version costumes that sell for 24 mil silver.

Solution:
1) equalize and fix pearl shop sale prices so that 1000 pearls = 8mil silver (or 10 mil silver)

2) create "packs" that people can list on the marketplace that essentially equate to selling an awakening costume.   Example Value pack 2 pack (3000 pearls = 24mil silver) or Pet 3 pack (3 pets of your choice) for 3000 pearls.

Background:

So I have been running a bit of an experiment the last few weeks.  I've played the game for about a year on a normal account that I have spend a good amount of money on and I'm fairly happy with where I am at in the game.  However I kept seeing people accusing this game of being pay to win with too much content being behind pay walls.  So as a challenge I decided to start up a $10 account which I have been playing as a challenge and I've been recording my progress. 

For most aspects of the game I have found reasonable alternatives to play the game in a way which will advance my character to potential end game PvP viability.  However the biggest problems I am having are trying to obtain pets or Value packs from the marketplace.  From my gameplay so far on this $10 account without these 2 items you basically are restricted to Fishing and Trading as lucrative forms of making money as you take a fairly hefty tax on anything you sell on the marketplace and you neither have the storage space or profit margins to create a lucrative manufacturing empire via nodes without a value pack or storage cash shop expansions.  So besides some occasional trading, Active fishing is currently my only truly lucrative source of income as Grinding mobs for silver is dictated by clear speed + looting speed The latter of which is dictated entirely but your # of pets and their Tier/level.  I could have 200 AP and clear mobs in 1 shot but my silver per hr will still be much lower because I have to manually loot.

The Problem:
Players that are willing to spend money in the cash shop and sell them on the marketplace heavily favor the high ticket items such as complete costume packages particularly awakening packages due to the fact they are limited to only 5 purchases per week.  While I agree with the limitation of 5 purchases a week the inequality of value between the items you can sell on the marketplace makes it prohibitive to get pets or value packs as most players willing to spend money on the game don't want to waste those 5 weekly listings on low ticket items like the pets and the value packs. 

The Solution:
In a word EQUALIZATION.  Basically we need to do 2 things:

1. Adjust the prices in the marketplace to be relative to real world Dollar value comparatively and not have random differences.  For Example equalize all pets to be 1000 pearls and fixing the silver price ratio to 1000 pearls = 8 million silver. I would also be comfortable making 1000 pearls = 10mil silver.  
  2. Create multiple pearl item packs.  So for instance a 3 pet pack for 3000 pearls.  The pack can be listed on the marketplace and once opened the user selects the pets they want and either register them or they can list said pets on the marketplace individually.   Likewise have a 60 day value pack (2, 1 month packs) available that costs 3000 pearls which can also be listed on the marketplace.  Another thing I would like to see added would be an 3000 pearl "Artisans memory" pack so that non cash shop players can have access to those in game as well seeing as Arisan's memory is currently the 1 P2W cash shop advantage that is not available to regular players in game. (Loyalty pricing is ridiculously imbalanced for this item so that is not a viable in game source)

By doing just these 2 things you can bring the market prices back in line as well as fuel the pearl shop section of the marketplace for other players who don't have the disposable income for spending a lot on cash shop items. This shouldn't increase P2W significantly as players are still limited to only 5 cash shop listings per week.  This only expands what people are willing to list. 

What do you guys think?

Edited 5 hours ago by JoeBravo

Edited by JoeBravo
update tdlr
7 people like this

Posted

I agreed with equilization however, it should be 1000 pearl = 20m. Value packs are way to underpriced. (✿◡‿◡)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Somehow, I don't think there's going to be any emphasis on increasing the chances of F2P players piggybacking on the money of Cash Shop players. An increase of Cash Shop trading by players would only balance out to the same level as fewer players would purchase Cash Shop items as they're more readily available via Silver/MP purchases. Which would only result in fewer Cash Shop players supporting the habit of F2P players.

Here's an idea... want pets and value packs easier to acquire? Spend a few bones in the cash shop and get them. Stop trying to piggy back on those who do spend money there.

I have zero sympathy for players who piss and moan about the availability of cash items on the marketplace.

Edited by DenverRalphy
3 people like this

Posted

Make value pack time stop stacking --- limit inventory ownership to 1 value pack at any time...family bound.

Problem solved.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

p2w.thumb.jpg.66e08a1d26ea9a5d7a380146c8

Value pack for 400 hunter sell and pet for 500 hunter seal.

Edited by Catastigma
5 people like this

Posted

There is no "problem" and no solution needed, when the system is made exactly so cash shop items are appealing and people buy them. Which wouldn't be the case anymore when they are easily available. 

The feature that they can be sold is just another goodie for those who pay, it's not the primary purpose to make the F2P players happy.

1 person likes this

Posted

it's not the primary purpose to make the F2P players happy.

well in reality you are right, but they sold it as a method to allow people who don't want to, or can't spend money on the pearl store access to items.

But they never added much of the stuff available like outfits and a lot of the functional stuff. And the current setup really limits what is really sold.

I don't expect a change, but I do recall how it was presented to us. it never lived up to that. Smoke and mirrors.

and I am no f2p myself, so no one needs to assume I'm needy. ^_^

Posted

well in reality you are right, but they sold it as a method to allow people who don't want to, or can't spend money on the pearl store access to items.

And what part of that isn't true? F2P players do actually have access to pearl store items. Were you expecting that access to be free unlimited access?

Posted

And what part of that isn't true? F2P players do actually have access to pearl store items. Were you expecting that access to be free unlimited access?

they have access to a small fraction of what is on the pearl store, and its not even reliable. try getting an outfit for a valkyrie.

Try getting LT increases ^_^

So yeah, smoke and mirrors.

Posted (edited)

Somehow, I don't think there's going to be any emphasis on increasing the chances of F2P players piggybacking on the money of Cash Shop players. An increase of Cash Shop trading by players would only balance out to the same level as fewer players would purchase Cash Shop items as they're more readily available via Silver/MP purchases. Which would only result in fewer Cash Shop players supporting the habit of F2P players.

Here's an idea... want pets and value packs easier to acquire? Spend a few bones in the cash shop and get them. Stop trying to piggy back on those who do spend money there.

I have zero sympathy for players who piss and moan about the availability of cash items on the marketplace.

Some people just don't have a lot of disposable income on the game.  Personally it's not a problem for me.  On my main account I've already spent over $2000 on this game.  So I feel I have done my part supporting the game.  I CAN afford Tier 4 pets and the roughly $200 it takes to get them via breeding.... but the average high school kid or family man on a tight budget can't.  They might be able to afford a value pack. or to buy the $50 version of the game and maybe even throw another $30 - $60 at getting a few pets and some storage or weight upgrades... but they don't have the disposable income that some of us have to take it further.   

For instance take a high school kid saving for college or better yet a college kid on a tight budget... they really can't justify throwing $100 at a video game when they need to buy books or you know... eat... and like it or not high school kids and college kids are a huge demographic for the game.  Sure they might be able to throw a few bucks at the game here and there... but not like some of us can. 

You have to be a bit more open minded and not jump straight to calling people freeloaders.   The success of an MMO survives on having as large a player base as possible. 

???? where did you get this? Looks like it was pulled from BDDatabase.net...  Is this in another region's version of the game?

They don't have free & unlimited access.  Pearl shop items are limited to value packs, pets and Costumes.  Far from unlimited.   The only addition I suggested is artisan memory packs because it gives a guy like me who can drop a couple hundred bucks on Artisan's memories an unfair advantage... something I clearly saw when I was forcing myself to play on a $10 account and trying to upgrade boss gear.   My suggestion Favors Rich players and poor players alike.   

For Players like you and me who can afford pearls we now have more options we can sell on the Marketplace for profit without wasting one of our 5 weekly purchases... i don't know about you but I certainly don't want to blow one of my weekly MP sales on a 5 mil item when I can sell a 24 mil item right?    By offering multiple "packaged" versions of pets and value packs you wouldn't feel like you wasted one of your 5 weekly MP sales. 

There is no "problem" and no solution needed, when the system is made exactly so cash shop items are appealing and people buy them. Which wouldn't be the case anymore when they are easily available. 

The feature that they can be sold is just another goodie for those who pay, it's not the primary purpose to make the F2P players happy.

1) There is no such thing as a free to play player in this game.  They still got to shell out $10 - $50 to play.  And they will probably spend more. BUT they might not be able to afford a monthly fee.   You want an empty game world with no one to fight against? because those poor "free loading" players help fuel the popularity of this game.  A lot of those players are going to school and learning how to make money so that someday they CAN throw cash at a video game. 

2) These changes would not make them "easily available" it will just increase the amount those items are listed on the MP.   Again... its simply offering "Packs" of items they are already selling on the MP so that cash shop players will have more desire to purchase and list them.  As a Cash shop player myself I don't list pets or value packs unless I'm feeling charitable and even then I'd rather just gift it to someone rather than waste one of my 5 weekly MP sales.   

Edited by JoeBravo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anything that allows you to get more cash shop "mandatory" or cash shop items in general without paying IRL money and simply by playing the game is good for me.

I like it. The publisher should too, they'd make more money :)

Edited by Shiyo

Posted

???? where did you get this? Looks like it was pulled from BDDatabase.net...  Is this in another region's version of the game?

http://bddatabase.net/us/npc/49490/

Only Russia. Its sad when the least lucrative regions get better events and F2P treatment than NA/EU

Posted

blame server merge

Posted

why dont ppl just buy things for pearls themselves instead of begging in chat all the time not once but many times, we see it were not blind but we are not your personal bank. you want something buy it instead of asking and relying on us all the time

2 people like this

Posted

How did we play the market game without the value pack before it was released?!?!?!

Can't snipe it for fake money (silvers ingame) well time to use the real ones if your eally want it. support the game you're playing if you really belive it is a must.

1 person likes this

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/npc/49490/

Only Russia. Its sad when the least lucrative regions get better events and F2P treatment than NA/EU

Aint this one on their subscription server?

Posted

Start a petition or something, send email to devs

Posted

Let's do this! You can obtain 1800 hunter seals a week so that'd be easy profits for me ! :x

Posted

why dont ppl just buy things for pearls themselves instead of begging in chat all the time not once but many times, we see it were not blind but we are not your personal bank. you want something buy it instead of asking and relying on us all the time

Not everyone has that much disposable income, or is smart enough to realize $30 isn't a good investment for a single costume on a single character in a single video game.

2 people like this

Posted

You guys do realize that those items being sold are still bought by somebody, right? Meaning, if you make things more worthwhile to sell and thus more are sold, that means more were bought and thus more profit for the game while still allowing those "freeloaders" to get access to the almost-mandatory cash shop items. This irrational hatred you have for people who can't (or even don't want to) drop hundreds on a game is counter-productive.

4 people like this

Posted

You guys do realize that those items being sold are still bought by somebody, right? Meaning, if you make things more worthwhile to sell and thus more are sold, that means more were bought and thus more profit for the game while still allowing those "freeloaders" to get access to the almost-mandatory cash shop items. This irrational hatred you have for people who can't (or even don't want to) drop hundreds on a game is counter-productive.

The argument "if it's cheaper, more buy it so more profit" has been brought up many times. I think the company is well aware of the possibility to adjust prices. In fact, they will have probably a whole team with experts that work full-time just to take care about what makes profit, what's better and what not.

And you say, a spoiled forum kid that is in rage because he doesn't get certain premium items, can judge that better?

Posted

As much as I hate translating real money to silver I wouldn't mind this. Also on a side note I hate that value packs even exist in this game, they're 'almost' necessary to do some things. I guess they wouldn't be so good if they didn't literally remove 30% of the tax though, but that will never happen.

Posted (edited)

The argument "if it's cheaper, more buy it so more profit" has been brought up many times. I think the company is well aware of the possibility to adjust prices. In fact, they will have probably a whole team with experts that work full-time just to take care about what makes profit, what's better and what not.

And you say, a spoiled forum kid that is in rage because he doesn't get certain premium items, can judge that better?

What? Nobody said to make them cheaper. Quite the opposite, actually; that's the problem with pets, they're not nearly valuable enough to justify using a limited cash shop sale on them when you could make way more silver with a costume.

I don't doubt that whoever they have deciding their prices and such is much more knowledgeable about the economics of running a cash shop than most here, but you have to admit there's a clear problem in the way they currently have it set up; there's a massive unfulfilled demand for pets and value packs in particular, but people who are willing to shell out some cash to make silver are generally going to go with the most bang for their buck, which is costumes. There are obviously also people who want to make some silver but can only afford to drop $10 so they go with the cheaper options, but that's clearly a minority.

There are multiple ways to fix this I'm sure, many probably better than the OP's ideas, but the thing they all have in common is meeting more of those demands, hence making pets and value packs more obtainable to the "freeloaders." Personally I would solve it by putting a limit on silver made through the cash shop selling system per week, rather than a limit on the number of items sold; that way, people can choose whatever they like to sell and still make the same profit. I'd also raise the prices though, while keeping the same limit (currently ~150mil per week I think?) so that people can make more silver for less money (hence making it more attractive to sell things in the first place) but still can't make more than what they do now so it's no more pay-to-win (not that it matters with Artisan Memories being a thing...).

Or, go with a limit on how much any one account can spend on cash shop items per month instead; that's what KR does (though not of their own volition, it's KR law) and it accomplishes roughly the same thing, but with the side-effect of having to pick and choose whether you buy things for yourself or to sell.

Edited by Zephan
1 person likes this

Posted

but you have to admit there's a clear problem in the way they currently have it set up; there's a massive unfulfilled demand for pets and value packs in particular

I think you didn't get my point. Those items are designed to be cash shop items. You just press F3, there is no shortage of how many value packs you can buy there. 

It's understandable that there is a demand for cash shop items available for silver, but this isn't a "problem" of the game.

There are many items in the cash shop, that can't be sold AT ALL in market. The reason is the same.

What is "worth" how much, can't say. It's really arbitrary, furniture for 30 bucks or dyes that last a week.. personally would never buy that. But also don't see a reason why to complain about it.

Posted

I think you didn't get my point. Those items are designed to be cash shop items. You just press F3, there is no shortage of how many value packs you can buy there. 

It's understandable that there is a demand for cash shop items available for silver, but this isn't a "problem" of the game.

There are many items in the cash shop, that can't be sold AT ALL in market. The reason is the same.

What is "worth" how much, can't say. It's really arbitrary, furniture for 30 bucks or dyes that last a week.. personally would never buy that. But also don't see a reason why to complain about it.

And you're missing the point of this thread. It's a "problem" because it's a missed win for everyone; people practically need 4 pets to loot for them, if they have none then it doesn't matter how much AP they have, their grinding will be shit and they'll be reduced to AFK fishing for any sort of decent income. So if they can fulfill this need and make more money at the same time, why would they not? Value Packs are much the same argument, but more for life-skill players; they need either that or a ton of storage/weight enhancers in order to do anything but fish efficiently. The tax reduction also opens up a lot of money-making opportunities that don't work without it, and it's practically the only way to make the shit dye system in this game work.