• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Idea to Make Pets & Value packs more accessible to buy in game.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

why dont ppl just buy things for pearls themselves instead of begging in chat all the time not once but many times, we see it were not blind but we are not your personal bank. you want something buy it instead of asking and relying on us all the time

It doesn't sound like you've read my full Post or any of my responses that address this multiple times.   Most people are willing to spend money on the game whether that be $50 or $5000.  But everyone's situation is different.  You are quick to judge someone and call them a lazy freeloader but you were once young and barely made enough money to pay rent as well... unless you were a spoiled rich kid that survived off the hard work of his parents.  

Bottom line is there are certain things in the game that cost a lot of money to obtain that not everyone is can justify spending on a mere video game.   Tier 4 pets for instance.  

Tier 4 pets give you the ability to grind Pirates at max clear speed and make 15+ million silver per hr... but just having Tier 2 or 3 pets can slow you down enough where you're only making 10 mil an hr.  Tier 1 pets and you're only making 8 mil an hr at pirates.   But to get higher tier pets you have to throw a lot of money at the cash shop.. To get Tier 4 pets the average cost buying them all yourself is around $200.  To have a reasonable Manufacturing empire you have to spend $100-$200 in warehouse storage upgrades in order to have enough space to pull it off.   

To some people like you or me, that's nothing.  It's disposable income, no big deal.  To other people that $400 is a huge amount of money and due to their situation they can't possibly justify spending that money on a video game.  Other people fall in between where they might be able to afford a value pack every month but can't afford to throw any more at it a month.  Others still can slowly throw a little extra money at the cash shop here and there throughout the year.   When it comes to prioritizing which is more important... being able to afford rent or food to feed your children you're going to pick those over some video game.  

The other fact you people are too short sighted to see is  that MMOs thrive on having large player bases with very wide and expansive demographics.  Large player base = thriving game and lots of fun.  Games with dwindling player bases because of cash shop inequities and paywalls die off slowly.  You need only look at Archeage for an Example of an amazing PvP game that died because of it's cash shop follies. 

So slow your judgemental roll son.

How did we play the market game without the value pack before it was released?!?!?!

Can't snipe it for fake money (silvers ingame) well time to use the real ones if your eally want it. support the game you're playing if you really belive it is a must.

See Above. 

The argument "if it's cheaper, more buy it so more profit" has been brought up many times. I think the company is well aware of the possibility to adjust prices. In fact, they will have probably a whole team with experts that work full-time just to take care about what makes profit, what's better and what not.

And you say, a spoiled forum kid that is in rage because he doesn't get certain premium items, can judge that better?

LOL spoiled forum Kid?  Do you even read my posts or responses?  I've probably easily spent more money on this game than you and most of your friends.   I work for a living and I have enough disposable income where spending money on this game is something I enjoy... better than drinking it away at a bar and pissing it down a urinal.  

But I also understand  that MMOs require a large player base to thrive and that everyone's situation is different. Some people can justify spending 5 or 10k a year on this game.  others $50-$100 a year.  Others still can afford say the value pack every month but not anything above and beyond that.  Some people might be able to afford 4 tier 1 pets for $30-$40  but can't justify spending the $200+ it requires to get Tier 4 pets.    

So instead of calling everyone a spoiled forum kid, maybe you should stop being a judgemental ****?   You know... just a thought.  

1 person likes this

Posted

And you're missing the point of this thread. It's a "problem" because it's a missed win for everyone; people practically need 4 pets to loot for them, if they have none then it doesn't matter how much AP they have, their grinding will be shit and they'll be reduced to AFK fishing for any sort of decent income. So if they can fulfill this need and make more money at the same time, why would they not? Value Packs are much the same argument, but more for life-skill players; they need either that or a ton of storage/weight enhancers in order to do anything but fish efficiently. The tax reduction also opens up a lot of money-making opportunities that don't work without it, and it's practically the only way to make the shit dye system in this game work.

So what you're saying, is that a lack of efficient looting, despite there being other avenues to offset it, is game breaking? 

Posted (edited)

I think you didn't get my point. Those items are designed to be cash shop items. You just press F3, there is no shortage of how many value packs you can buy there. 

Ahhh but there IS a limit on how many you can SELL in the game.  And someone like me who has disposable income would just like more silver making options than buying Costumes all the time.  

I'm not even sure why you are against this... I'm not suggesting anything crazy here.  Instead of listing 1 pet on the market I want to list a 3 pack of pets.... nothing new here I just want to list something else besides costumes  for 20+ mil because I don't like wasting my 5 weekly Marketplace sales on a 5 million silver item.   Selling packs helps Me fund the game more as well as helping players who can't quite afford buying value packs and trying to get Tier 4 pets at the same time.   It's Literally a WIN/WIN situation that doesn't even increase P2W in the slightest and it flabergasts me that your incredibly dense mind can't see this lol. 

So what you're saying, is that a lack of efficient looting, despite there being other avenues to offset it, is game breaking? 

No,  I'm talking about helping the community with a super simple tweak that is a complete WIN/WIN situation for everyone that doesn't significantly increase pay to win, helps financially support the game but makes these items more available on the marketplace.  It literally wouldn't effect YOU in the slightest.  How you monkeys can't see this is beyond me lol.   I mean why is it you guys are so against helping people and helping the community grow?  That only benefits both you and Kakao.  It's not like the game is losing any amount of support.. Kakao doesn't care If I buy  the pets or if you do.  At the end of the day if a pet is listed on the market place it was purchased by SOMEONE and hence the game is supported. 

And there really isn't a way to offset efficient looting without losing silver per hr.  And what other avenues are there to offset that?  Passive income or manufacturing which is bottle necked by how much storage you have... and oh yeah you need value packs or a couple hundred bucks to upgrade those to a point where you can have a profitable node empire...

But regardless that's passive income.  The only other option you have for active income is active fishing.  Gathering is 4-8mil/hr max and that's if you're lucky,  less of course if you don't have a value pack so yeah you're better off grinding with crappy pets or Active fishing. 

Edited by JoeBravo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

people practically need 4 pets to loot for them

that's nonsense, you need no pets at all. of course it helps, that's the old boring story again "every advantage is p2w blabla".

by that logic, you need everything that's in the cash shop, you also need to buy 5 costumes per week, for the same reasons "otherwise silver will be shit".

you need it only when you want the best possible grinding, but then you also need t4 pets. etc...

what's your point? there's a cash shop with cash shop items, get over it. nobody will care if you "need" something from it but don't want to spend a dime.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

It doesn't sound like you've read my full Post or any of my responses that address this multiple times.   Most people are willing to spend money on the game whether that be $50 or $5000.  But everyone's situation is different.  You are quick to judge someone and call them a lazy freeloader but you were once young and barely made enough money to pay rent as well... unless you were a spoiled rich kid that survived off the hard work of his parents.  

Bottom line is there are certain things in the game that cost a lot of money to obtain that not everyone is can justify spending on a mere video game.   Tier 4 pets for instance.  

Well you said see above but I don't remember calling people freeloaders, just posting the obvious. If you can't buy it  with money from a game that literally rain down from the sky on you then you have the option to use real cash.

Can't afford it? Well I can't afford a mustang ( or can I :P ) but I don't go next to the mustang sale saloon and ask people to let me drive it for awhile or give me one for the price of a regular car.

The game advertises it has cash shop and you may find information that it's not cheap and a lot of things can really benefit you in the game.

Ok, now don't get mad  but let me bore you with a little theory.

In later posts you said "I just want to help the community", you should get into politics  :) . You're not aiming to help the community, you're aiming to maximilized profits in long term. When costumes are out they're flooding the market but I saw situations when a costume box was just laying there as there was no more high demand for it. It got bought eventually but after awhile. Then you know that selling that costume might not be as profitable so you need another thing to sell. But pet's don't net you as much silver and value packs also but they're in high demand. So making pack's of it you would be making same profit like with costumes but with items that there will always be a market for.

Posted

that's nonsense, you need no pets at all. of course it helps, that's the old boring story again "every advantage is p2w blabla".

by that logic, you need everything that's in the cash shop, you also need to buy 5 costumes per week, for the same reasons "otherwise silver will be shit".

you need it only when you want the best possible grinding, but then you also need t4 pets. etc...

what's your point? there's a cash shop with cash shop items, get over it. nobody will care if you "need" something from it but don't want to spend a dime.

God, there are so many problems with this post... but I'm going to ignore them because yet again you're focusing on the wrong thing here, it's like it's impossible for you to understand the point. Let me reiterate: "It's a problem because it's a missed win for everyone." The problem is that there's a huge unmet demand that could make them more money while also making their players happier. If you disagree with this, explain why instead of trying to pick apart every related aspect of each post, because that's not getting either of us anywhere.

Can't afford it? Well I can't afford a mustang ( or can I :P ) but I don't go next to the mustang sale saloon and ask people to let me drive it for awhile or give me one for the price of a regular car.

What are you even trying to compare here? Nobody is asking to take something away from Kakao at no cost, they're asking for somebody else to buy the Mustang for them while paying that person in another way, leaving all 3 parties happy as you got your car, the buyer got whatever it is they wanted from you, and the car salesman got his sale. What's the downside?

Posted

So true. The seller gets his ingame silver to make their character stronger or whatever. And the player who buys the cosmetics forfeits gear progression in exchange for cosmetics.

Posted

God, there are so many problems with this post... but I'm going to ignore them because yet again you're focusing on the wrong thing here, it's like it's impossible for you to understand the point. Let me reiterate: "It's a problem because it's a missed win for everyone." The problem is that there's a huge unmet demand that could make them more money while also making their players happier. If you disagree with this, explain why instead of trying to pick apart every related aspect of each post, because that's not getting either of us anywhere.

What are you even trying to compare here? Nobody is asking to take something away from Kakao at no cost, they're asking for somebody else to buy the Mustang for them while paying that person in another way, leaving all 3 parties happy as you got your car, the buyer got whatever it is they wanted from you, and the car salesman got his sale. What's the downside?

^^^ THANK YOU!  SOMEONE actually GETS my point lol.   Everyone wins here.  why these guys can't get that is beyond me.  Kakao still makes money.  Pay to Win doesn't get worse and more players with less real world disposable $$ get access to pets in game.  It's literally a win for everyone. 

In later posts you said "I just want to help the community", you should get into politics  :) . You're not aiming to help the community, you're aiming to maximilized profits in long term. When costumes are out they're flooding the market but I saw situations when a costume box was just laying there as there was no more high demand for it. It got bought eventually but after awhile. Then you know that selling that costume might not be as profitable so you need another thing to sell. But pet's don't net you as much silver and value packs also but they're in high demand. So making pack's of it you would be making same profit like with costumes but with items that there will always be a market for.

Here's the thing.  I AM trying to help the community.  Personally I don't need freebies.  I have a main account that I have been playing for a year that has all the pets I need and weight, storage, inventory and costumes galore.  All which I bought with my own money.   I don't need additional ways to make silver because I make 100 mil a day.  So I'm personally fine in all of those aspects.   What I kept seeing in twitch streams and what not are people asking how much money that they need to spend on the game. Many of the twitch streamers claimed you only need to buy the $10 package to be relevant in the game. 

For Leveling reasons I wanted to take a break from my main account as I want to level all of my toons to 59 via the olivia channels.  During that time I decided as a challenge I wanted to try to play the game on a $10 account to see how hard it is and IF in fact you can play the game and get to PvP viable gear/levels on just Ten Bucks.   I figured (and I think many others figure) that it's a fairly simple thing to buy a value pack and a few pets off the Marketplace.   What I found was that neither pets nor value packs are listed very often and I have all of them on notification.  However Costumes are constantly listed.  Pick a costume and I gurantee its proably listed 20-30 times a day.  Pets on the other hand are hardly ever listed and there have been a few instances where I haven't seen a single pet listed for 2 days. I even double checked to see if my notifications were off lol.  In almost a month I've tried to buy pets nearly 50 times and value packs over 30 times and have struck out every single time.  Another player I know who's only playing on a $10 account has tried 150 times in over 3 months to get a pet and still  no pets.... so availability is definitely a problem.  

And being a player that has "Paid to Win" in the past I know the typical circumstances for that.  See it's not worth it to pay to win week in and week out because it's easier to just buckle down and make 100-150 mil a day grinding/managing your node empire. 

Typically you end up paying to win out of desperation.  For instance say there is something on the marketplace for a little over 1 billion silver but you only have 925 mil.  Well you don't want to chance taking the time to grind all day and lose your chance to buy the item so instead you shell out $150 and throw as many awakening costumes on the marketplace as you can so you can quickly make the silver you need to buy that high ticket item. 

In that instance you don't want to waste one of your 5 weekly sales on a measly 5mil silver pet.  Now from old perspective I didn't care because I know I can always sell the costumes. Especially if I just ask in server chat what ppl want.  I send up 1 message and 20 ppl whisper me for requests.  But I ignore anyone asking for pets or  value packs because it's not profitable for me. Before I didn't care about those ppl, but now that I'm trying to play on a $10 account I see why this is a problem. 

So to help out those people I tried to think of the easiest and simplest solution that would have the least negative impact on the game to make pets and value packs more available.  Selling 3 packs of pets and 2 packs of value packs in the marketplace was the best solution I could come up with.   That way when I need to sell cash shop items in a pinch to buy a high ticket Item I don't have to ignore all of the people asking for pets of value packs. 

If you can think of a better solution by all means feel free to contribute. 

You DO need pets if you want to have decent silver per hr grinding mobs.  You can make 15+ mil an hr grinding at pirates if you have tier 4 pets.  No pets and you're making like 4 mil an hr because you have to slow down so much to manually loot.  Your comment is naive.   Back when I was only playing my main account I thought the same thing as you.  "Why cater to these whiners who can't afford pets"  Its not until  you try playing a $10 account for a month like I am trying to do before you understand how much a difference having high tier pets make. 

2 people like this

Posted

So true. The seller gets his ingame silver to make their character stronger or whatever. And the player who buys the cosmetics forfeits gear progression in exchange for cosmetics.

Well this post is basically suggesting we raise the Silver value of pets and value packs and sell them in multiple packs so that they are more attractive for cash shop players to sell.  So players don't have to "forfeit gear progression"  rather they are fueling it by getting pets (or more pets to create higher tier pets) and value packs to increase their silver production per hr/per day.   So basically it's a win/win/win with the Seller getting the silver they want,  The player getting a gear progression item they want and Kakao making money on the cash shop transaction.  

Basically everyone wins... no one loses... pets aren't cheaper in fact they are more expensive. They are simply priced and packaged in such a way that cash shop players will have more incentive to sell them. 

Posted

I am honestly really surprised how people don't give a shit about the game or other players except for themselves and licking kakaos feet.
Apart from the "usuals" 9_9 theres a lot of people who didn't even bother reading the post and half assumed OP was crying for free shop items.
Keep up the good fight OP, but I HIGHLY doubt you'll get anything through to people here. These forums are for people who come here to get their regular dose of "social interaction" or like arguing on the internet just for sport. You yourself saw the comments and the mindset of these players.
I like your suggestion and I support it, but sadly it will fall on deaf ears here.

Posted

You guys do realize that those items being sold are still bought by somebody, right? Meaning, if you make things more worthwhile to sell and thus more are sold, that means more were bought and thus more profit for the game while still allowing those "freeloaders" to get access to the almost-mandatory cash shop items. This irrational hatred you have for people who can't (or even don't want to) drop hundreds on a game is counter-productive.

it's about hating on poors :P lol

Exchanging your game time for someone else's money sounds like...

Work? Except you're working for cash shop items?

Who cares about all that. I've got this fantasy cooked up where I give the old forum beat down to self-entitled children whose time I don't value so their time has de facto zero value. Universally. Even if someone else wants to pay for it.

Dirty, filty, lazy poors!!

Posted

I really support your idea and I like your view on the need of having a big player base for a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Game. 

But it's more then just pets or value packs. If you stuff your $10 account with four tier 4 pets, you will soon get into big trouble with your inventory weight ;)

Posted

Here's an idea... want pets and value packs easier to acquire? Spend a few bones in the cash shop and get them. Stop trying to piggy back on those who do spend money there.

I have zero sympathy for players who piss and moan about the availability of cash items on the marketplace.

My thoughts exactly.  Put something into the game and stop the F2P whine fest.

These forums are for people who come here to get their regular dose of "social interaction" or like arguing on the internet just for sport. 

I come here because I have a few free moments to browse whilst at work ;) 

Posted

I really support your idea and I like your view on the need of having a big player base for a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Game. 

But it's more then just pets or value packs. If you stuff your $10 account with four tier 4 pets, you will soon get into big trouble with your inventory weight ;)

LOL well you'll certainly have to run to a wagon or horse more often that's for sure but you CAN get weight upgrades for loyalty and a Hercules armor set adds 200 LT so you can get a toon up to around 600 LT on just a base account.  + 100 LT with value pack and +200 LT with long term loyalty purchases (although those would be lower in priority over warehouse storage)

Posted

There's a much simpler solution to increase cash shop item diversity on the MP. Instead of limiting sellers by # of items, you limit them by amount of pearl value. Bam, fixed, done. They can list anything they want and still get the same amount of silver, and buyers get a better shot at pets and value packs.

It will never happen though, sadly. Why? Because in Daum/PA's eyes, it doesn't increase profits. So, why should they bother?

1 person likes this

Posted

There's a much simpler solution to increase cash shop item diversity on the MP. Instead of limiting sellers by # of items, you limit them by amount of pearl value. Bam, fixed, done. They can list anything they want and still get the same amount of silver, and buyers get a better shot at pets and value packs.

It will never happen though, sadly. Why? Because in Daum/PA's eyes, it doesn't increase profits. So, why should they bother?

Actually that Idea would work rather well.  Thanks for suggesting actual CONSTRUCTIVE criticism! 

1 person likes this

Posted

What do you guys think?

I think this is a great idea. 

Those people that make the false claim that people that spend in game silver on Pearl Items on the market instead of buying them directly from the cash shop are freeloaders have failed to use logic. 

Those people are actually exchanging their time for other peoples money.  Both time and money are external factors.  For every market place purchase, made with in game silver, of a pearl item there is a corresponding purchase of the pearl item from the cash shop with real money.  Without the purchase using in game silver the purchase with real money wouldn't have happened.  In other words if nobody bought the items on the market place nobody would buy the pearl items to sell on the market resulting in a loss of potential income to support the game.

Posted (edited)

Somehow, I don't think there's going to be any emphasis on increasing the chances of F2P players piggybacking on the money of Cash Shop players. An increase of Cash Shop trading by players would only balance out to the same level as fewer players would purchase Cash Shop items as they're more readily available via Silver/MP purchases. Which would only result in fewer Cash Shop players supporting the habit of F2P players.

Here's an idea... want pets and value packs easier to acquire? Spend a few bones in the cash shop and get them. Stop trying to piggy back on those who do spend money there.

I have zero sympathy for players who piss and moan about the availability of cash items on the marketplace.

I have no sympathy for your ignorance of how cash shop models work.

Make value pack time stop stacking --- limit inventory ownership to 1 value pack at any time...family bound.

Problem solved.

This wouldn't solve the issue.

You would still be fighting like dogs over a few scraps.

Is it possible to be more uniformed than this?

Pets are the most important pay to win item in the game.

It's not that big of a deal though they only saved me 1,000's of hours so far.... no biggie.

They are nearly useless in parties also because Silver is so optional in this game and gear has so little impact.

I bet you believe Obama ordered a wire tap on Trump, you must be one of those types of people.

Edited by feebleone

Posted (edited)

Aint this one on their subscription server?

Russia gets a sub server? D:

How do they pay for costumes/furniture/etc? Via in game silver?

That's heartbreaking if it's true. Why don't we have that option?

Edited by Vorkrunne

Posted

Buying pets and value packs off the marketplace is nearly impossible because of how seldom they are listed because Cash shop players reserve their 5 weekly purchases for max silver priced items such as awakening version costumes that sell for 24 mil silver.

Solution:
1) equalize and fix pearl shop sale prices so that 1000 pearls = 8mil silver (or 10 mil silver)

2) create "packs" that people can list on the marketplace that essentially equate to selling an awakening costume.   Example Value pack 2 pack (3000 pearls = 24mil silver) or Pet 3 pack (3 pets of your choice) for 3000 pearls.

{snip}

What do you guys think?

Edited 5 hours ago by JoeBravo

Part 1 of your idea makes sense to me as a general concept, but I wouldn't suggest attaching a particular pearl/silver exchange rate to it. They showed that they can be reasonable about this when they rolled out in-game RMT in the first place, and they have a much better idea than we do about how many people are buying at the existing rate, how much sales and discounts change their sales numbers, and what expectations they need to meet.

I also suspect that they want to make the pearl/silver ratio increase supralinearly with pearl cost to give big spenders a better deal for going big than small spenders.  

Part 2 of your idea is a very clever way to let cash shop players who want to cap out their purchases buy a range of things to resell instead of the Single Most Cost-Efffective Thing-- it's a nice idea. 

I approve!

Posted

You would still be fighting like dogs over a few scraps.

"They"...would be fighting.

I support myself, thank you.

Posted

I love how all these wannabe third-party RMTers are upset about having Kakao undercut them. It's my favorite part of this thread.

Posted

Actually that Idea would work rather well.  Thanks for suggesting actual CONSTRUCTIVE criticism! 

I already suggested it though back when this thread was first active, lol.

Posted

p2w.thumb.jpg.66e08a1d26ea9a5d7a380146c8

Value pack for 400 hunter sell and pet for 500 hunter seal.

This would be really great and needed in our version. Horse pearl sellers would mostly loose their pathetic behavior because it's easier and fairer for everyone to get a nice and good horse. Oh, and also add memory fragments for about 5-7 Seals. This would make the game so much better in general.

Posted

Is it possible to be more uniformed than this?

Pets are the most important pay to win item in the game.

It's not that big of a deal though they only saved me 1,000's of hours so far.... no biggie.

They are nearly useless in parties also because Silver is so optional in this game and gear has so little impact.

I bet you believe Obama ordered a wire tap on Trump, you must be one of those types of people.

No use discussing with so extremely narrow minded people who think the game is ONLY about grinding.

Maybe ask the dude who got 20 billion in his bank and is still lv57, how much pets helped him getting that.

Now go back to Sausan.