• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Order a Character!

265 posts in this topic

Posted

Just to make sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, the issue here is only for creations of famous characters/people. If you want a unique character and ask me can you make a character like lightning but with blue hair that won't be shared with anyone else ever. What I'm debating on atm in People requesting Gandalf, John Snow, Lightning, etc exact copies. I kinda feel odd telling someone I can't take their request because they want Gandalf and I've already made it for someone else. It's why I'm thinking of making requests for famous characters available to everyone and unique characters only available to the person who requests.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm not sure what to do about these famous characters. I'd love to offer unique characters to ppl that request them but at the same time what do I do if a second person requests that famous character? Maybe a few ppl could let me know what they like?

Should I do famous characters on a first come, first serve basis OR should I only keep custom characters unique and give famous characters to everyone?

I'd say famous characters should be public (unless you want to deny requests for characters already made), however you should probably state somewhere approx what is considered "famous". Any character from a game/anime? Celebrity? 

No matter what you do there will be like 50 Lightnings walking around at one point, just some slight differences to yours.

Also I've seen in the thread some people posted BDO Characters made by players from other versions of the game (KR/JP/CN) which are highly popular in the forums but made private by the creators. What would you do then? :o

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'd say famous characters should be public (unless you want to deny requests for characters already made), however you should probably state somewhere approx what is considered "famous". Any character from a game/anime? Celebrity? 

No matter what you do there will be like 50 Lightnings walking around at one point, just some slight differences to yours.

Also I've seen in the thread some people posted BDO Characters made by players from other versions of the game (KR/JP/CN) which are highly popular in the forums but made private by the creators. What would you do then? :o

I totally agree, the beauty of creation system lets you do amazing things, so why not have a database with the celebrities or the most beautiful creations? Famous and not, certainly it makes public only if you want to or under request to the creator. I can not find something scandalous but a demonstration of the potential of the game.xD

PS: in any case you decide well quietly, mine was only a request .If you can't, that's okay ;)

Watch this video for example, simply amazing  :D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0TvSeZDzYU

Edited by Seiya

Posted

As for me: I totally don't mind anyone else having the same character (even if White Dragon might not be a very popular character anyway). I love her looks and I want to play something close to that in BDO, but if someone else wants that as well, why not?

I feel everyone should play exactly what they like and if that happens to be one of my characters, I'm happy to share. Chances are we will never meet anyway.

BTW, I'm not on the waiting list *sad*

Posted

Just reminding people. Posting in this thread is claiming a spot on the wait list. The main post is mostly to help me sort the upcoming requests and since the list became so long I won't bother updating it for every new post and I'll just update in in big chunks when I clear a chunk or requests. So if your name isn't there don't worry it just means there's a long wait time.

Also ugh I don't like doing this much because it makes it seem like I just do this for profit (broke uni students are broke) but I'll accept tips for rush orders. That means that is you want a specific character to be made ASAP (like for CBT1) or you want more than 1 character, you can go check the first post and find a link to my paypal and offer a tip for a rushed order. There's no fixed amount just offer what you think it's worth. Just write your forum name in the "twitch username" field and/or tell me who you are and what your request is in the "message" field.

I'd like to remind everyone that there's no need to offer donations and I'll make every request (wait time may be a bit long sorry :/).

On another topic, I've decided that requests for existing characters/people look-a-like won't be unique. Which means I may make the character file public and/or give it to someone else who requests it. What is considered an existing character/people look-a-like is entirely up to me (I may consider very obscure characters unique, etc). If you want you character to be unique let me know that you want a character that is "inspired" by the reference rather than a copy as close as possible.

Sorry for the long post (will have quite a few characters done at the end of the week).

1 person likes this

Posted

As well okay I put this proposal for Sorceress :D :

selene_photoshop.thumb.jpg.7f6180851e99a

Posted (edited)

Hey,

can I order Female Blader (Plum) based on Mikasa Ackerman?

mikasa_ackerman_by_jxbp-d6h7m53.png

Edited by Geralt
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Do you think in the future the doum face as the Korean site and put a special section for character customization? It would be nice :D

Edited by Seiya

Posted (edited)

hey i want to order one burger and a coke please.

Edit: sorry wrong thread

Edited by decap
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm putting a hold on this now because I'm having really bad experiences with aweful requesters and liars. >.< I thought the community was rly nice here but I guess there's always a few bad apples. I'll see if I can sort things or maybe if I can just forget about it and come back after a break. Sorry but I mostly did this for fun and now it turned 100% unpleasant.

Posted

I'm putting a hold on this now because I'm having really bad experiences with aweful requesters and liars. >.< I thought the community was rly nice here but I guess there's always a few bad apples. I'll see if I can sort things or maybe if I can just forget about it and come back after a break. Sorry but I mostly did this for fun and now it turned 100% unpleasant.

Sorry to hear that, but you shouldnt let some rotten eggs effect you. Keep the good work up :)

Posted

There's no such thing as a good community (especially on the internet) =/ Thanks for the original offer though~ Goodluck

Posted

That is unfortunate but don't let "a few bad apples" discourage you. Take a break and hopefully, we'll see some of your work again.

Posted

How can people upset someone who tries to help? oO People are weird. Keep your head high and thanks for the offer, even if you stopped doing it now.

Posted

oO :(

...than i was lucky, when she made char for me, so thx again..and dont forget,,if u need some guest pass PM me

Posted

same here your work was really good and i will have guest passes for you also.

Posted

I regret that the question you're thinking, if you can not it's understandable. We all have a real life and commitments and we are all here to have fun.
Personally, I thank you for the wonderful initiative, however it turns out. Whether you continue, whether you want to stop. Thanks in any case.
xD

Posted

I'm just curious, would you help make certain features on a character more natural? for example my character in my profile (its really old now XD) had slightly weird bottom lips and i want to make the eyes follow a more natural almost korean style eye curvature like ones in fashion magazines? 

To the point, would it be possible to give my data and kind of guide you on how i want it to be like by posting pictures of certain parts of the face, e.g pictures of lips, eyes, cheeks and you try to replicate them? I would do it myself but i'm really really bad at using the tools in this character creation >.<!!! 

Posted

I'm really sorry to hear this, I've been following Zah's thread too so I think I know a little of what you're referring to. Hopefully it was only one person but even so it's understandable upsetting. If you're anything like me you might spend hours (or even days on that special character) in character creation so I can empathise with the kind of effort and love you undoubtedly put into your work. Thank you for offering your lovely characters to the community and I hope this doesn't completely sour your experience of BDO :(

Posted

i cant understand  People are complaining about your work when you doing it for help others. Keep your head up its a nice thing you doing and thanks for the offer!!

Just got the fill of my request character from you in my mail. very awesome work i love it. thanks alot cat. super nice work :) big karma for you.

Posted

Hey thanks a lot for the support guys! I've solved the situation with a person that was upsetting me so at least it's better now. I can ignore the other rude/mean/ungrateful people. That being said though I'm going to pick the requests I wanna do now instead of doing it for everyone. You can kinda tell right away who's going to be a handful. o.e lol

Just keep posting in the thread and I'll keep doing requests and giving you the file in private message. Just know that if you want anything changed you can ask for it but in a nice way and I won't spend days on your character so if the result is absolutely not what you want, I think it's a better idea if you ask someone else. Just be honest and courteous. I like working with nice people! :3

3 people like this

Posted

I'm just curious, would you help make certain features on a character more natural? for example my character in my profile (its really old now XD) had slightly weird bottom lips and i want to make the eyes follow a more natural almost korean style eye curvature like ones in fashion magazines? 

To the point, would it be possible to give my data and kind of guide you on how i want it to be like by posting pictures of certain parts of the face, e.g pictures of lips, eyes, cheeks and you try to replicate them? I would do it myself but i'm really really bad at using the tools in this character creation >.<!!! 

Yes I can do that but you'd be advised to wait until CBT to get all the new creation options that we'll be getting.

Posted

If I may ask, how do we know which requests will be accepted? :o

Anyways hopefully get picked eventually~

Posted

If I may ask, how do we know which requests will be accepted? :o

Anyways hopefully get picked eventually~

You'll know when I send you the character file xD.

1 person likes this