• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Returning Ranger questions

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I just returned to BDO and my Ranger (was 51 4 days ago).

I hit 56 yesterday and did my Awakening Quest. ATM I am Saving Silver for a DUO Kzarka bow (should have it till Saturday if I can Grind Sausan like the last few days)

My Stats are: 121 AP (bow) 71 AP (Awakening) 172 DP. I am Using Liverto +13 ATM becasue I planned to buy a DUO Kzarka. Awakening weapon is still +0 (just got it)

I have 2 witches earrings (non enchanted) Wearing green +15 hebe set (I have the yellow Armor from Magical Exchange Armor Quest).

My rings are the blue ones which drops in this Moutain Spot (cant remember name atm) also non enchanted.

And my belt is the tree belt also non enchanted. Should I upgrade my Bow to Kzarka and then focus on something else?

And on what should I focus after the bow? Or is it completly wrong and I should focus on other things first before I get a Kzarka bow. (I have heard Kzarka is a big big must have because of the high acc it will give)

Edited by Nathalia

Posted

It boils down to how many hours are you willing to put in building your character. Avarage gear for ranger if you want to be somewhat competative in pvp is arround 220 AP and TRI boss gear ( 263 DP ) and level 59. Probably a bit lower if you are really skilled but not that much.

You are doing the correct thing by trying to plan your way ahead but to determine what you should do I would say you have to ask yourself first :

Why did I stop playing in the first place ( you say you are returning ranger ) ?

How much time I can spend per day playing the game ?

How much time I am willing to run AFK activities to accumulate passive income ?

Do I get easily frustrated if I get stomped by other players even though I think I am playing this game a lot ?

Is your goal to be competative in pvp or you are playing the game to kill some monsters and because you generaly enjoy the mechanics of the combat and graphics ?

Ranger in its current state is a class that requires good gear to feel somewhat powerfull. Although it is relatively easy to play in my opinion it is hard to master and it takes significant time to get the proper items. So in case you are not willing to invest time/money in this game probably you will get much better expirence if you get cheaper gear. Also there are classes that require less gear to be more relevant in the pvp scene so it might be worth investing those options as well. A lot of the rangers rerolled just because they can do the same or better with other classes with less or the same gear. So stick to ranger if you like the gameplay and the character and you don't care that you are not the strongest on the field. 

Taking the above in mind DUO kzarka is always a great item to have but do not expect it will drasticaly change your power. Awakening skills deal much more damage and you are gonna use those in 80% of the time after 56. So focus on getting dandelion. After that if you want to be able to farm higher level areas you should get better armors ( ideally boss gear with priority on bheg and muskans first). After that start building accessories to boost your AP so that you can grind faster the monsters getting more exp,money/h.

After you get your gear to DUO and PRI accessories is when you are gonna feel that you have spent quite a lot of time in the game and you are still very weak compared to a large portion of the players. This is a turning point for a lot of the players I think. The next one is when you get TRI armors and DUO accesories and you are still weak and you have been playing for months the game :) When you start getting those TET items and TRI accesories is when you are gonna feel more powerfull. This can be achieved in short time if you play a lot or as in my case 9 months ( note that I play actively the game something like 30minutes -1 h / day ).

There are quite a lot of guides in the ranger section so check those out for guidelines how to build your gear. Patience is a virtue in this game. You either have to be a hardcore grinder or enjoy the gearing process over a long time without getting frustrated.

1 person likes this

Posted

I Started as Ranger when the game released. I played Maehwha then a bit (ranger 51 Maehwa 55) and then I stopped playing the game completly (260 days offline)

Now I got back to the game and I really liked the combat and gameplay of my ranger so I decided to get back to my first class which I wanted to play but I wanted to give maewha a try when it was released becasue combat / animations looked quite nice.

I know that I will not stomp on other players because I was away for so long. I am wiling to grind / farm as much as possible to make my ranger more powerful I love this class and gameplay (just dinged 56 yesterday so I have to learn awakening gameplay).

I also have no really clue about professions / workers in terms of perfect time / result usage. I enjoyed the combat so much in the past that I did not really care about those things how to make AFK silver and passive with workers what node to invest etc so I am really nooby in this part of the game.

But I can excel really good at combat pve and pvp. The only thing I need to know is what to focus on depending on my gear.

Ranger got some nerfs here and there and I want to perfectly spent my silver to get the best possible result now for my ranger.

I have 260Mil silver atm and plan to get to 305 mil in some days (DI Kzarka costs so much). Or should I use my Silver for other items first?

Here is a link of my gear what I am using now: http://bdoplanner.com/s/3lJbFkzw

I would really appreciate some help in this question. Will a DI Kzarka help my farming speed more or focusing on rings, maybe Awakening wep or armor more?

Posted

Awakening gameplay for ranger is quite different from the pre awakening. As you will be spending the majority of time in awakening I would say that you have to check whether you like tha class mechanincs in the awakening form. Checkout some videos maybe or just try the skills with your current weapon. In any case at your gear if you stick to ranger I would say focus on getting an awakening weapon ( TRI/DUO dandelion preferably ) Than I would enchant my liverto to DUO and focus on getting DUO boss armor. After I get the boss armor ( bhegs and muskans first)  I would switch to getting nouver and start spending on PRI accesories with accuracy and AP ( red corals, tree belt, crescent rings, ogre/layten). After that I would try to get a TRI/DUO Kzarka and after that I would move on to getting my remaining weapons to TRI, my boss gear to TRI and than my accessories to DUO.  

If you are not sure whether you will stick to ranger you can probably focus on boss armor and accessories first and use TRI green weapons. That way you can switch to another class if you dont like it. Investing in kzarka bow and dandelion will take a significant portion of your money and will narrow you down to sticking to ranger.

Posted

Okay, yes I wil stick to my ranger I already tried the Awakening combat and it feels nice but I have to learn how to use the spells which / when etc.

Some combos only work when I get to 58 for example as I have found out lately.

So I should buy a Dandelion weapon (Tri or duo) with my silver and then focus as you said. Is Awakening really that much more dmg compared to bow stance?

Posted

Awakening does a lot more damage compared to bow, but to be effective (at least in pvp), you must play in bow form too. Also, most of the ranger combos are "complete" when you are lvl 58 and bonus skill at lvl 59, but competitive at lvl 60.

2 people like this

Posted

Keep In mind that a tri dandelion pre-order can cost around 700Mil. If you get lucky and get it off of bid, its much cheaper. As far as combos go, until you get your awakening up higher, WotW and shotgun will do more damage in PvE farming. My awakening didn't become my primary farming weapon until I hit 57 and I had it up to duo. Waltz of wind spam is an easy way to farm using awakening, but it isn't SUPER efficient until you hit 58 I think. Keep in mind that awakening damage scales better with level than mainhand bow. Once you get all three of your weapons to TRI, that's when you should worry about PvP combos. I recommend finding a guild with a few level 59+ rangers who are willing to walk you through some stuff, give you advice on crystals, give you advice on which accessories you want to go for, etc.

Posted (edited)

Maybe LeWaffles is right . I was almost 58 when awakening came out so I dont know how damage scales on lower levels with awakening but at least from 58 onwards it feels much more damage dealing. To be honest I don't know if it is useful to enchant the liverto or just use Yuria till you buy a Kzarka. I know that some of the rangers were running green awakening and totaly skipped the blue one till they got dandelion and that was ok. Probably if it was me in your shoes I would go for TRI Yuria cuz its cheap and try to get a dandelion. And then ofc switch to Kzarka once I was done with boss pieces and basic accesories.

Edited by NK

Posted

Thanks for all the replies :) I will try to get a dandelion duo (which costs like 330 mio when not pre ordering. Tri Yuria is 121 Mio atm in the market which nets me 30.5 AP. Tri Liverto is 247 mio and nets me 38 AP. really weak is my awakening yet atm.

So I will continue to farm and level in Sausans for money and XP.

Posted

bit hijack this thard sine its the same topic for me :P

I saw the Aweaking skills got rested/removed? Do i get a compensation for this since i wasted 500 relict for this or i should cry now :/

Same about Yuria? How about the human dmg? Its shared with aweaking?

all about the view of causal.

Posted

bit hijack this thard sine its the same topic for me :P

I saw the Aweaking skills got rested/removed? Do i get a compensation for this since i wasted 500 relict for this or i should cry now :/

Same about Yuria? How about the human dmg? Its shared with aweaking?

all about the view of causal.

Id love you help you, but I don't understand what youre asking :/

I don't know of any removed awakening skills, and there isn't really any way you needed 500 relics/ Mem frags for a single piece of gear. Unless I just don't comprehend what your question is.

Posted

recently returning 57 ranger - can confirm that at 56 bow/sword are basically the same damage and you will probably be split 60/40 between the two. At 56 once your awakening abilities are on CD you basically do no damage unless you switch back to bow. 

Posted

Id love you help you, but I don't understand what youre asking :/

I don't know of any removed awakening skills, and there isn't really any way you needed 500 relics/ Mem frags for a single piece of gear. Unless I just don't comprehend what your question is.

you could add a passive for a Skill? Example 5%HP dmg on WotW.

Where is it?

Posted

Where is it?

Do you mean the awakening addon skills?

If so, then you might be right as I don't recall seeing that as an available skill but I also started this game just a few months ago.

Posted

Where is it?

RNG mechanic in addons got removed some time ago, now you just chose what you want. 

Posted

RNG mechanic in addons got removed some time ago, now you just chose what you want. 

... i hate myself ty for the answer.

Posted

Thanks Nyseth. I didn't play when that was a thing, so I didn't know what he meant :/

Posted

This might be a bit of a late reply but here it is.

I know that some have recommend that you focus on dandelion in comparison to kzarka, but I would beg to differ, especially since that you are being very economic and trying to plan ahead. 

A tri-kzarka is an absolute must because of the accuracy it provides. Rangers are very accuracy dependent since our skills don't offer much accuracy boost and we don't get any from passives like many other classes. In comparison, a blue-awakening weapon is going to do almost as much damage as a dandelion in PvP and vs. human monsters (e.g. pirates and sausans). What I'm basically saying is that you will do more damage with tri-Kzarka + blue-awakening weapon than tri-Liverto + dandelion.

If you have extra money, and as much as it seems frustrating, investing it into accessories will really be the most effective way to make you stronger. Rangers are pretty glass-cannon and honestly, enhancing your armor won't really let you feel a difference compared to an increase in AP, especially in group PvPs. 

I've been playing ranger since last year in May and I'm currently lv 60 and my gear score is 239/241/263. I write this not to show off, but more as a way to say that you should be able to trust my opinion as I feel fairly experienced with the class.

Posted

This might be a bit of a late reply but here it is.

I know that some have recommend that you focus on dandelion in comparison to kzarka, but I would beg to differ, especially since that you are being very economic and trying to plan ahead. 

A tri-kzarka is an absolute must because of the accuracy it provides. Rangers are very accuracy dependent since our skills don't offer much accuracy boost and we don't get any from passives like many other classes. In comparison, a blue-awakening weapon is going to do almost as much damage as a dandelion in PvP and vs. human monsters (e.g. pirates and sausans). What I'm basically saying is that you will do more damage with tri-Kzarka + blue-awakening weapon than tri-Liverto + dandelion.

If you have extra money, and as much as it seems frustrating, investing it into accessories will really be the most effective way to make you stronger. Rangers are pretty glass-cannon and honestly, enhancing your armor won't really let you feel a difference compared to an increase in AP, especially in group PvPs. 

I've been playing ranger since last year in May and I'm currently lv 60 and my gear score is 239/241/263. I write this not to show off, but more as a way to say that you should be able to trust my opinion as I feel fairly experienced with the class.

You mentioned that tri-kzarka + blue awakening weapon is better than tri-liverto + dandelion. In my case, I have kzarka and a blue awakening weapon, and I can't really get hold of dandelion any time soon (because of money issues and grinding memory fragments to enchant it). I would like to ask if I should just try TET'ing my blue awakening weapon since I have the failstacks ready etc. since it's a lot easier to repair and damage-wise isnt much of a difference in pvp. Would it be a waste or just go for it?

1 person likes this

Posted

You mentioned that tri-kzarka + blue awakening weapon is better than tri-liverto + dandelion. In my case, I have kzarka and a blue awakening weapon, and I can't really get hold of dandelion any time soon (because of money issues and grinding memory fragments to enchant it). I would like to ask if I should just try TET'ing my blue awakening weapon since I have the failstacks ready etc. since it's a lot easier to repair and damage-wise isnt much of a difference in pvp. Would it be a waste or just go for it?

If it helps, TRI Ranger Dande is the MOST commonly registered tri dande on the market out of all classes. I saw 2 registered yesterday. It is the most easily attainable, you might be best served simply saving 700Mil and preordering it and fighting for the bid. I know you said you have a few monetary issues though, so I don't know how feasible it is for you to buy it. Just an observation.

Posted

So this is my gear now.

What to focus on now? Dandelion tri or duo?

I am level 57 now btw.

2017-03-13_372002252.JPG

Posted

I think teting your blue awakening would not be a bad idea. It has been tested at least that with the extra human damage, the blue awakening weapon is not much worse compared to dande in PvP. I would recommend people to invest more into accessories than into dande in general, unless you can just snipe it off the marketplace. People always had this hype for dande, which I never really quite understood. It is BiS, yes, but it's not worth blowing 400-500 mil into, when you can easily use this money to upgrade your accessories and get more out of the money you have. 

So this is my gear now.

What to focus on now? Dandelion tri or duo?

I am level 57 now btw.

2017-03-13_372002252.JPG

You should at least duo your awakening weapon and your dagger, and then consider getting PRI on your MoS and witch earrings. 

Get all three of your weapons to tri would be a good target too

1 person likes this

Posted

Duo and ulti the off hand, ditch the mos for redcoral rings and ditch witches for blue coral earrings 

mos are witches are

pretty redundant at current prices, they are too expencive for cheap temporary upgrades while you work towards the gold stuff 

Posted

Okay,

i got 300 mil in storage atm. I was also thinking about selling my duo kzarka and try to get a tri kzarka.

Would this be worth it? it is 12 AP boost. So i would be at 159 (atm I don't use my awakening really often, bow does same dmg and I will not get hit so often becasue of no melee range).

I find it really hard to decide on what to upgrade next. I can Farm Sausans for days without pots. Yesterday I trief Pirates and yeah the ranged mobs hit quite hard becasue they can shoot at me :P  when the melees dont hit me very often.

Posted

Okay,

i got 300 mil in storage atm. I was also thinking about selling my duo kzarka and try to get a tri kzarka.

Why do you wanna sell it and buy a tri ? It makes more sense just to enhance it yourself.