• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

64 posts in this topic

Posted

I really like this Idea. I think in a game like this where pve is actually based on grinding, the reward should be higher for grinding mobs that are stronger than weaker ones. Let it either be more exp or more silver or both. But Pirates are too f*cking contested too easy to grind compared to some places in Valencia that should give way more exp and silver than pirates, since the mobs are stronger and harder to kill.

1 person likes this

Posted

Call me pessimistic, but our client is almost an exact copy of other regions - I highly doubt we'll get any changes that other regions don't get first unfortunately :(

Posted

I valencia you get scrolls. Kakao should slightly increase drop rate of scorlls in valencia, nothing else is needed.

Posted (edited)

Seeing the level requirements listed on the map for certain spots, I sometimes wonder if we are all playing the game wrong. I mean, why would the devs release a new region that does everything to make you not want to grind there for more than half a year? But then make it look like the logical step straight after getting lvl56 at Sausans was to go for Desert Fogans for a quick lvl57 before going for aakman temple? Is it about elions tears or newbie tears? We will probably never know.

Edited by gosu

Posted

Even after only playing a few weeks, I can already see that one of the biggest threats to continued playing is the inability to find good, fun spots to grind. 

There is nothing fun about having to argue with people every few minutes over spawns, or having random trolls ruining spawns, or so many people running around everywhere worth grinding that you just give up.

I actually enjoy grinding but I enjoy it when I can actually find good places to get in a groove and grind. Constant interruptions from trolls or just oblivious players absolutely ruins it. Spending an hour just to find an available spot is miserable. Having that spot repeatedly interfered with is even worse.

This game desperately needs more channels, more viable grinding locations, and honestly probably a few instanced zones so worst case scenario you always have a good place to grind.

1 person likes this

Posted

Even after only playing a few weeks, I can already see that one of the biggest threats to continued playing is the inability to find good, fun spots to grind. 

There is nothing fun about having to argue with people every few minutes over spawns, or having random trolls ruining spawns, or so many people running around everywhere worth grinding that you just give up.

I actually enjoy grinding but I enjoy it when I can actually find good places to get in a groove and grind. Constant interruptions from trolls or just oblivious players absolutely ruins it. Spending an hour just to find an available spot is miserable. Having that spot repeatedly interfered with is even worse.

This game desperately needs more channels, more viable grinding locations, and honestly probably a few instanced zones so worst case scenario you always have a good place to grind.

Pls no more channels. But more VIABLE grinding locations? Yes. The vast majority of the world map goes basically unused at the moment because its content became obsolete for the most part.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

My idea for making Valencia areas profitable is simple. Add Hard and Sharp stones to the drop tables. Give them 1/2 the drop rate than they are now so it's somewhat rareish when 1 drops. This gives people who hate life-skilling or a very low energy pool a chance/way to collect them without fighting the market and needing to put up bullshit pre-orders. People will sell what they don't need and there you go, nice chunk of money each time 1 sells.

Edited by Serimorph
2 people like this

Posted

Absolutely. It's weird that Sausans then Pirates are basically endgame as far as money is concerned. Especially when so much of the Valencia content has the potential to be rewarding - I prefer fighting out there, it's just not the most profitable way to spend my time, unfortunately. That is, unless you're a level 59-61 with ~500gs, in which case  there are allegedly more profitable, less contested spots (considering the opportunity cost of pirates and competition). I don't know how viable that really is though.

IMO, Valencia is too interesting/beautiful/etc. to only be used for some quest lines.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a big fan of the Valencia region and was underwhelmed by how it compares to every other region ingame so i came up with this rather than nerfing pirates.

Part 1 : The problem.

Kuit islands aka Pirate island is very populated by players because of how rewarding it is , neglecting the majority of the other regions in game.
This is very toxic to the game's environment as players coming in to the game cannot progress as fast as older players EXCEPT if they farm there and by how contested it is it is not as efficient in the log run . It can net up to 30 million per hour compared other regions in game including deep down in Valencia . As the player base increases there will be not enough channels for players to contest which leads to a very slow progress for new players.

Part 2: Theory-crafting solutions.

Nerfing pirates by itself is not the right move in my opinion. On the other hand bringing other higher up regions (Valencia) on par with it will distribute  players in a healthy way to keep the game world alive and not trapped in one place for maximum profit.

Option #1: Increasing silver per mob in all the Valencia regions.
For Basilisk and Centaurs to having more increased silver and trash loot per mob compared to other Valencia part 1 regions due to their difficulty in killing.
Increasing weapon and armor stones from the Valencia region or be on par with pirates.

After a 144+ hours data sheet there is a significant number increase from pirates to Valencia regions , even with the event on.

Option #2(Recommended): Just like the candy and dark knight event make an event item that drops exclusively from all Valencia regions. To be exchanged for gold bars from an npc ( Node NPC)
The exchange rate is as follows 

1. 15 exchange - 100k
  2. 45 exchange - 300k
  3. 100 exchange - 1 mil
  4. 200 exchange - 3 mil
  5. 500 exchange - 5 mil
  6. 1000 exchange - 10 mil

This will reward people farming longer period of times to be rewarded with higher amounts of silver in return rather than abusing minimum amount of farm to get the same amount as someone who sat there for 4 hours.

Another option is to have an account for the top 100 contributers that exchanged to be rewarded with a title + a reward worthy of their efforts.

I think this will really spread out the playerbase amongst the world to create a lively world in bdo.

Part 3: Increase exp in the desert.

An event for a certain duration of time for anyone leveling in the desert area will automatically receive a +20% exp and 20% skill exp bonus.

Spread out random even gathering spots that are located in the desert that have a chance to obtain one of the following items.

Weapon stone
Armor stone
Black crystal shard
Concentrated weapon stone
Concentrated armor stone

15x Weapon stone (Rare)
15x Armor stone (
Rare)
3x Concentrated weapon stone (Very rare)
3x Concentrated armor stone (Very rare)
3x Black crystal shard (Very rare)

This will encourage people to explore the desert and form parties on the hunt of such treasures in the desert.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Much love.

Azurewind. 

Very good suggestions. 

Posted (edited)

Make Valencia Great Again!!! 
And i will build a Giant Wall around Kuit Island.. and THEY WILL PAY FOR IT!! Its true! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fk68Wqs4Qg

Edited by Nyaldorian Nekomimi

Posted

+1 Would be nice to have just as good grinding spots as pirates :) 

Posted (edited)

I valencia you get scrolls. Kakao should slightly increase drop rate of scorlls in valencia, nothing else is needed.

so the price of scrolls drop and pirate island grinders can get their fragments cheaper?

--------------

the valencia region is absolutly fine and rewarding when it comes to grinding. you have different spots, some offer high XP but almost no money (bashims), some no XP but high trashloot value + rare drop (centaurs, basiliks), fogans offer good XP, okay money and a chance for a rare drop etc.... the player has to decide what he wants to go for. you have also pila ku for high end grinders. 

the only problem is that pirates offer everything. HIGH xp, HIGH skillpoint xp, HIGH base income and rare drops (red coral earring prices on EU 10-15 mill last weeks).

nerf that god forsaken spot and we are fine. 

Edited by Julianiscomplaining

Posted

in all the Valencia regions (...) reward people farming longer period of times to be rewarded with higher amounts of silver in return

3mln rewards from the following daily quests (12mln total):

No4Ymu8.png

An event for a certain duration of time for anyone leveling in the desert area will automatically receive a +20% exp and 20% skill exp bonus.

Well, how about +30% XP bonus instead? For 4 hours per day?

doGLbnl.png

This will encourage people to explore the desert and form parties on the hunt of such treasures in the desert.

Well, how about Dandelion Weapon Box or 100mln gold from a hidden treasure? 

tOCXRkF.png

I think this will really spread out the playerbase amongst the world to create a lively world in bdo

He wants to create lively world? In the middle of the Desert?

tl;dr this guy doesn't know any better.

Posted

I agree, this morning i was planning my XP grind for the next level and all I could come up with that made sense was pirates. That's kind of sad, but if you do anything else, it's just not worth your time when pirates is an option.

Posted (edited)

Those daily quests you just posted require you having 260 contribution points.

The EXP quest requires you having done every quest line in the game and even then you need friends to help you complete the part that gives you the quest.

Gold keys require 100 silver keys,  yeah good luck with that.

Edited by Jipsum

Posted

I'm a big fan of the Valencia region and was underwhelmed by how it compares to every other region ingame so i came up with this rather than nerfing pirates.

Part 1 : The problem.

Kuit islands aka Pirate island is very populated by players because of how rewarding it is , neglecting the majority of the other regions in game.
This is very toxic to the game's environment as players coming in to the game cannot progress as fast as older players EXCEPT if they farm there and by how contested it is it is not as efficient in the log run . It can net up to 30 million per hour compared other regions in game including deep down in Valencia . As the player base increases there will be not enough channels for players to contest which leads to a very slow progress for new players.

Part 2: Theory-crafting solutions.

Nerfing pirates by itself is not the right move in my opinion. On the other hand bringing other higher up regions (Valencia) on par with it will distribute  players in a healthy way to keep the game world alive and not trapped in one place for maximum profit.

Option #1: Increasing silver per mob in all the Valencia regions.
For Basilisk and Centaurs to having more increased silver and trash loot per mob compared to other Valencia part 1 regions due to their difficulty in killing.
Increasing weapon and armor stones from the Valencia region or be on par with pirates.

After a 144+ hours data sheet there is a significant number increase from pirates to Valencia regions , even with the event on.

Option #2(Recommended): Just like the candy and dark knight event make an event item that drops exclusively from all Valencia regions. To be exchanged for gold bars from an npc ( Node NPC)
The exchange rate is as follows 

1. 15 exchange - 100k
  2. 45 exchange - 300k
  3. 100 exchange - 1 mil
  4. 200 exchange - 3 mil
  5. 500 exchange - 5 mil
  6. 1000 exchange - 10 mil

This will reward people farming longer period of times to be rewarded with higher amounts of silver in return rather than abusing minimum amount of farm to get the same amount as someone who sat there for 4 hours.

Another option is to have an account for the top 100 contributers that exchanged to be rewarded with a title + a reward worthy of their efforts.

I think this will really spread out the playerbase amongst the world to create a lively world in bdo.

Part 3: Increase exp in the desert.

Spread out random even gathering spots that are located in the desert that have a chance to obtain one of the following items.

Weapon stone
Armor stone
Black crystal shard
Concentrated weapon stone
Concentrated armor stone

15x Weapon stone (Rare)
15x Armor stone (
Rare)
3x Concentrated weapon stone (Very rare)
3x Concentrated armor stone (Very rare)
3x Black crystal shard (Very rare)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Much love.

Azurewind. 

1. 200 exchange - 3 mil

This one is odd - It's a far better exchange rate than *any* other option. 

Maybe make it 250 for 2.5m or 200 for 2m, or 300 for 3m to keep it in line, and/or make 500 = 5.5m and 1000 = 12m or something.

Otherwise, increasing scroll drops in Valencia can also help a lot. Relic shards are more economical to get *and* use. The only advantage mediah and valencia scrolls have is less time needed to do them, but everything else leading up to it is a bit meh.

Another option is to *nerf* pirates (and sausans), rather than buff valencia...

Posted

3mln rewards from the following daily quests (12mln total):

No4Ymu8.png

Well, how about +30% XP bonus instead? For 4 hours per day?

doGLbnl.png

Well, how about Dandelion Weapon Box or 100mln gold from a hidden treasure? 

tOCXRkF.png

He wants to create lively world? In the middle of the Desert?

tl;dr this guy doesn't know any better.

As someone stated they all require a lot of stuff to be able to do them.

Compared to pirates that require little to non. Valencia is not as rewarding as it should be.

If new content is MADE for higher level game play with less experience+silver/h makes 0 sense. 

And if you agree it with it , it's most probably for selfish reasons.

1. 200 exchange - 3 mil

This one is odd - It's a far better exchange rate than *any* other option. 

Maybe make it 250 for 2.5m or 200 for 2m, or 300 for 3m to keep it in line, and/or make 500 = 5.5m and 1000 = 12m or something.

Otherwise, increasing scroll drops in Valencia can also help a lot. Relic shards are more economical to get *and* use. The only advantage mediah and valencia scrolls have is less time needed to do them, but everything else leading up to it is a bit meh.

Another option is to *nerf* pirates (and sausans), rather than buff valencia...

Those numbers were kind of examples , was just a template for them to go by. They can tweak it ofcourse. 

Nerfing sausans or pirates is not a solution. 
That will break the "ladder" of gaining AP thresh-hold for new players. 
Keeping them but rewarding higher level and difficulty places with an AP threshold to be able to comfortably farm there.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 love you

Posted

I am always up for more diversity (pirates and sasusages are so boring...) so you have my +1

Posted

Yes 

Posted

I drafted a Valencia part 1 rework a month or so ago, but never really finished on it. Val part 1 (and sulfur mines, somewhat) are the main places that really need to be looked at. Pila Ku, Aakman, and Hystria are very good (if not better) at providing constant income like pirates/sausans via trash drops, however they're so distant in terms of gear score required for Pirates/Sausans vs. Pila Ku/Aakman/Hystria.

Here's my proposed rework of Valencia part 1, what each spot should be changed to capitalize on:

Bashims: XP, Rosar Secondaries, Black Stones
Fogans: XP, Seraph Necklaces, Rocaba Armor
Crescents: XP, Black Stones, Crescent Ring
Basilisks: XP, Pila Fe Scrolls, Basilisk Belt

Nagas: Silver, Rosar Primaries
Gahaz: Silver, Gold Bars(1G Uncommon, 10G Rare)
Cadry: Silver, Black Stones, Cadry Ring
Centaurs: Silver, Pila Fe Scrolls, Centaur Belt

Waragons: Black Stones***
Kisleev Harpies (Kisleev Crag revamp): Pila Fe Scrolls***

Current Weaknesses
Bashims: Low end of trash-to-silver (TtS) value, no worthwhile alternate drops

Waragons: Have their own area, have their own Elite mobs, but are useless in every aspect.

Desert Nagas: Spread out densities, lowest TtS value currently

Desert Fogans: Tightly packed, amazing for XP farming, that's about it

Gahaz: Best TtS value when compared to required gear score to fight them. However income is very dependent on presence of elites in rotation

Crescents: Only real value is Crescent Ring

Cadry: Promising XP farm, income dependent on elites (some are not in rotations), cadry ring isn't as highly valued

Basilisks: Only real value is Basilisk belt, XP not so stellar, TtS is not bad, but requires decent AP

Centaurs: Centaurs, pre-Val part 2, were the toughest mob to fight, yet have a belt that is less valued than Basilisks.

Beyond what I've posted, I wholeheartedly agree with OP that all Valencia trash drops simply need a base increase in silver values, as well as the very rare offhand chance that hard/sharp crystal shards drop from the mobs. Additionally, many Valencia areas should have a daily quest at the node manager (after you've finished the 3 quests they give you initially), that awards 2mil? 1mil? as a bonus incentive.

Right now, we have daily quests in Valencia that are highly RNG gated, these quests for lower end grind spots would help ease players into the higher tiers of Valencia grind spots.

3 people like this

Posted

+1 get it done

Posted

too bad they're not gonna translate and even bother taking all you wrote into consideration let alone read it.

2 people like this