• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I highly dislike the contested argument being brought up. The main issue is if both areas are uncontested pirates still will be on top which makes 0 sense. 
Many people claiming Valencia has better exp and cash but never have i ever seen one person mention the place in question.

Lazepeon mentioned he nets around 30m/h in Valencia (Which i refuse to believe). Without solid evidence of this the statement of pirates still stands out.

I have done Gahaz elite rotation with a lvl 10 node and S rank on gahaz elite rotation when everyone was sleeping for 10 days straight. No where near 30 mil.

Fully buffed warrior one shotting gahaz with all S ranks and no where near 30 million / h.

It highly irritates me when someone claims there is "big money spots" in valencia without mentioning one of them. 

sound about right i know a person with 3 level 60s who makes 30-40 mil at gahaz and has like 6 10 slot gardens there, so now i have at least 4 accounts of people making the same at gahaz just being the most crazy grinder i've known says he goes gahaz for money. clearly they know what they're doing and probably elite chasing every 15 mins. if you don't want to believe that's fine go bak to pirates.

"If both areas are uncontested" yea but pirates is never uncontested for long periods of time now is it? It's just not realistic

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

Are y'all just a bunch of whiners? Have you even taken the time to explore ALL of Valencia?

The "trash" mobs you talk about at Naga, Fogan, Bashim, Gahaz Bandit, Prison mobs, Faolun(Sulfur Mine), Cadry, Crescent, etc., just to name a few, may not drop more silver per mob, but they drop their specific mob item trash drop, which are worth anywhere from 1600-2000 silver per, when you get back to any town and vendor them.  Given the amount of mobs you are killing out there, it's much more XP efficient, and weight efficient, than getting overloaded on silver like Pirates and Sausans, and having to run back and sell all the time.

Plus the added bonus of "Scroll Written in an Ancient Language", they sell for full price every time I list them, (About 1.0-1.1 milly)and they drop at a much higher rate then any Relic Shard does from mobs.  The shit drops at pirate for Red/ Blue Coral are reduced to a near worthless amount, given the time it takes to get there and back and travel to Lema Island for turn-ins, etc. Spend the same amount of time out in Fogans or Gahaz Bandits, (and yes I mean including travel time to and from), and you should see more money for your time, and better XP.

Maybe I shouldn't be telling you all these secrets, maybe those of us that grind Valencia should shut up so we have less to fight over from other players, but hey, I seriously think the progression of mobs and related drops are right on par with where you should be at level 57 and beyond.  If you'd rather sail for 25 minutes to Kuit Island, get griefed on rotations for now-shit Red/Blue drops, and sail another 20 minutes to Lema for turn-ins, then another 20 back to Velia, just because it's level 57-58 ez-mode for you, then quit crying about it.

Valencia is just fine for it's level and ratio of XP and drops and silver/per hour.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To add to your great points, BDO late game grinding needs more variety(mechanics)/short burst perks/stimulus, the current mind numbing extreme repetitive rotation/route/loot feels like a laughable insult to players. 

Your first point basically described Diablo3 RNG spawned goblin.

Edited by Gnuznes
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

sound about right i know a person with 3 level 60s who makes 30-40 mil at gahaz and has like 6 10 slot gardens there, so now i have at least 4 accounts of people making the same at gahaz just being the most crazy grinder i've known says he goes gahaz for money. clearly they know what they're doing and probably elite chasing every 15 mins. if you don't want to believe that's fine go bak to pirates.
"If both areas are uncontested" yea but pirates is never uncontested for long periods of time now is it? It's just not realistic

Why are you assuming i farm at pirates? I enjoy farming in the desert thus i am making this thread.

I am sorry the numbers you have just specified are not realistic even with the rarest drops being dropped. 

If a scroll drops every single 2 minutes you would not net that much. 

You missed the point about the uncontested explanation, thus i can no longer try to explain things to you as you have made your decision. 

Edited by AzureWind

Posted

@AzureWind

I totally support this change.

This idea is just too excellent.

Here's my additional idea:

Update our available guild quests, too.

Decrease the spawn rate of guild quests from Calpheon.

Increase the spawn rate of guild quests from Valencia, Margoria and upcoming new map!

Also, add new guild quests for Valencia such as hunting Pila Ku Jail, Roud Sulphur Works, Aakman Temple and Hystria Ruins.

The complete reward should also be good enough to ENCOURAGE  players to spend so much time traveling there to do a guild quest.

1 person likes this

Posted

@AzureWind

I totally support this change.

This idea is just too excellent.

Here's my additional idea:

Update our available guild quests, too.

Decrease the spawn rate of guild quests from Calpheon.

Increase the spawn rate of guild quests from Valencia, Margoria and upcoming new map!

Also, add new guild quests for Valencia such as hunting Pila Ku Jail, Roud Sulphur Works, Aakman Temple and Hystria Ruins.

The complete reward should also be good enough to ENCOURAGE  players to spend so much time traveling there to do a guild quest.

Liking the idea of more guild quests in upcoming content. 

I'm hoping for more [CO-OP] Daily quests in the upcoming new map.

Posted

I disagree with the idea that people should move out of Pirates after only 3 levels or so.  Most of the pre-55 grinding zones have mobs that should satisfy grinding for 2 levels at least, but most guides will tell you to stay in a spot for 5 to 7 levels.  Why should Pirates be different?  Why should you expect to have to grind at Pirates for only 2-3 levels just because you're past level 55 now?

People also complain that grinding in Valencia isn't rewarding, but I question if they're doing this solo or in a group.  I find grinding in Valencia at level 56 to be just as difficult as grinding at Sausans at level 52, and yet at level 52 I was told Sausans were the best (of course, now I would probably be told to go to Pirates or something).  If you think Valencia is too hard for too little reward, maybe you should grind in a group the same way a level 52 at Sausans must.

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree with the idea that people should move out of Pirates after only 3 levels or so.  Most of the pre-55 grinding zones have mobs that should satisfy grinding for 2 levels at least, but most guides will tell you to stay in a spot for 5 to 7 levels.  Why should Pirates be different?  Why should you expect to have to grind at Pirates for only 2-3 levels just because you're past level 55 now?

People also complain that grinding in Valencia isn't rewarding, but I question if they're doing this solo or in a group.  I find grinding in Valencia at level 56 to be just as difficult as grinding at Sausans at level 52, and yet at level 52 I was told Sausans were the best (of course, now I would probably be told to go to Pirates or something).  If you think Valencia is too hard for too little reward, maybe you should grind in a group the same way a level 52 at Sausans must.

I think you misunderstood the entirety of the post. But i appreciate your reply.

Posted

I think you misunderstood the entirety of the post. But i appreciate your reply.

No, I didn't misunderstand.  You're saying there isn't enough encouragement for people to get out into the desert, and especially for people to go grind out in the desert.  There is encouragement.  The best accessories drop in the desert.  The best trash loot drops in the desert.  The only thing stopping people from grinding out in the desert is gear.  People grind at Sausans and Pirates because they aren't 60 yet and because they don't have gear that allows them to farm "efficiently" in the desert.  The reason Pirates/Sausans are highly contested is because people want to get a bunch of their alts to level 56, so those grind areas constantly have a flood of people in them.  If someone wants to get out of that mess, they need to get the gear or party to go into Valencia and grind there efficiently.  People want group content, and efficient grinding of Valencia mobs requires a group, so do it.

Side note: Valencia is a desert.  It's not supposed to make the majority of the population swarm there.  It's supposed to be hostile and uninviting.  Do you really want to see the karma bombers and other griefers moving into the desert and out of Sausans/Pirates?  Keep them there, and leave Valencia as the promised land where those people don't go.

Posted

No, I didn't misunderstand.  You're saying there isn't enough encouragement for people to get out into the desert, and especially for people to go grind out in the desert.  There is encouragement.  The best accessories drop in the desert.  The best trash loot drops in the desert.  The only thing stopping people from grinding out in the desert is gear.  People grind at Sausans and Pirates because they aren't 60 yet and because they don't have gear that allows them to farm "efficiently" in the desert.  The reason Pirates/Sausans are highly contested is because people want to get a bunch of their alts to level 56, so those grind areas constantly have a flood of people in them.  If someone wants to get out of that mess, they need to get the gear or party to go into Valencia and grind there efficiently.  People want group content, and efficient grinding of Valencia mobs requires a group, so do it.

Side note: Valencia is a desert.  It's not supposed to make the majority of the population swarm there.  It's supposed to be hostile and uninviting.  Do you really want to see the karma bombers and other griefers moving into the desert and out of Sausans/Pirates?  Keep them there, and leave Valencia as the promised land where those people don't go.

Sorry but 99% of what you have just mentioned is incorrect , i would advise to re-invigilate the claims you have just made.

Posted

Best accessories...right.

But you should check the drop rate and how to get a Tungrade Earring.

Once you realized it, you'll obviously choose to solo & ALT+C at Pirate Island / Sausans to farm the main spot if you are 60 and with good gears.

Another reason is, both Pirate Island and Sausans are easy to get supply.

So it's just an endless Priate / Sausan loop.

Posted

I absolutely love the way things are in Valencia.  I tried out Mediah and found the sausan grind a clusterfukk of caged animals, childish minded -----wads... caught in a loop of insanity.  It sounds like pirates is the same.  Completely unchallenging, unrewarding.  Those idiots out there truly *do **GRIND.   How fun is that?  I guess the pvp would be cool, if you were a top dog, but pvp isn't an option for a new DK pleb..heh.

Like an above poster mentioned, I too had tried out Soldiers Grave.  Man I tell ya, that place was excellent mobility practise, for the mobs don't respond to conventional cc.  As a DK, you really have to time your attacks/guard, and to really learn how to become mobile. Soldiers Grave definitely sharpened my DK skills.

I just recently decided to gamble and test my skills with my mediocre gear instead out there in Valencia, and can only say this...what a thrill.  I find fighting in Valencia with less than great gear on my DK, provides an extremely invigorating challenge.  One hit drops me 40%, so I find staying alive for an hour at a time is a great achievement.(I go through alot of pots, but eh)  It's great practice, intense challenges.  Only Day two out there, no fancy loot, but I'm sure that will change with node investment.

2 people like this

Posted

Except no one but your self sees that as an achievement and this isn't about feeling good about yourself. This is about how xp wise pirates is faster than anything else and that has been tested, while the desert is unappealing to most. Of course if you have the gear, pirates isn't actually the best money wise. Pirates isn't end game but Valencia is closer to endgame. But endgame is more about gear than levels and even some people who get to 60 think it's not all that worth it to grind solely for xp, so it goes back to money and the accessories of the desert. But then again again you can hardly count the accessories with their drop rate.

I confused myself writing this and forgot what I was arguing for, might edit later.

Correct this noob if I'm wrong but the desert isn't karmapenalty less pvp?

Posted (edited)

Except no one but your self sees that as an achievement and this isn't about feeling good about yourself. This is about how xp wise pirates is faster than anything else and that has been tested, 

Fair enough, can't ignore the math.. but what is playing this game about then?   I mean, disregarding the point of why I said that grinding sausans or pirates in a mindless cage loop defeats the purpose of playing the game in a challenging way doesn't make your opinion right.

Of course, who wouldn't want more drops in Valencia, hell, I'll take em.  In the end it doesn't matter if we agree, to each their own.  I'm simply stating that I actually like Valencia so far the way it is.  Of course it's only day three out here, lol, will take time to invest energy in nodes.   I will admit having a guild or something to roll with through here might really be entertaining, at least at this gear level... but then again, guilds don't go to Valencia, they faceroll sausans and pirates...

ah well, I'll find a small valencia guild eventually.

edit.. quick update after this reply. I logged on to gahaz tonight, started swinging at some mobs by the node manager, and got one shotted in the back by some danty fruitcake wearing little butterfly wings(Morgaine_IsaDork, or somethin)...heh as if the desert wasn't big enough hey? You never see anyone out there lmao. I'll definitely need better gear,  now knowing there are idiots who want the whole desert for themselves out there.  I plan on eventually smashing that little fruitcake under my boot.

Edited by Dethla Hadyn
cuz