• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The 6 days review by a new player

103 posts in this topic

Posted

The game IS p2w, you can buy your silver directly from Daum with real money -> p2w.

If you don't mind me asking, how is it exactly P2W when there's a limit to how much the cash shop user can sell per week? Or are you saying it's P2W ebcause it'll take the cash shop user over 1 year to be able to buy the best gear on the marketplace? :) 

4 people like this

Posted

If you don't mind me asking, how is it exactly P2W when there's a limit to how much the cash shop user can sell per week? Or are you saying it's P2W ebcause it'll take the cash shop user over 1 year to be able to buy the best gear on the marketplace? :) 

The game is running already 1 year now here. Not 1 piece of "best armor" has been sold.

It's the old P2W fanatics argument "they just can buy everything". At least until their next post in another forum section when they whine about marketplace, basically contradicting themselves all day.

Posted

Darkfall took 8 years to see the light and it was complete garbage. I've never played a MMO I had paid for so little. The combat was just plainly stupid even in PvE, let alone PvP. You had to run in circles like crazy and obviously it suffered from lag way more than BDO.

if you don't mind me asking, when you have paid you win what exactly?

Posted

if you don't mind me asking, when you have paid you win what exactly?

Standard reply is "this game is all about accumulating wealth, wealth = power", so of course if you can buy silver which equals wealth, then the game can be called P2W.  That assumes that everyone's end goal is to be in a full set of TET+ gear though.

Posted (edited)

What I'm getting from this subject is: You've only been playing for 6 days, and you don't like some things, and you do like some things?

The forums appreciate your opinion.

Edited by Grehm

Posted

If you don't mind me asking, how is it exactly P2W 

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out

P2W player: Has 300 memory fragments, buys 300 artisans, now you have 900 durability to go TET.
Other player: Has 300 memory fragments, doesn't buy artisans, has 300 durability to go TET.

The guy that buys artisans will have a lot of TETs by the time the other player even gets his first, unless he's lucky.

It's just that simple.

4 people like this

Posted

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out
P2W player: Has 300 memory fragments, buys 300 artisans, now you have 900 durability to go TET.
Other player: Has 300 memory fragments, doesn't buy artisans, has 300 durability to go TET.

The guy that buys artisans will have a lot of TETs by the time the other player even gets his first, unless he's lucky.

It's just that simple.

I'm sorry, but the person I was quoting said that the game is P2W because you can buy silver, albeit only 125 million per week, and I was asking how that is P2W.

Regardless, I enjoy destroying the AM argument so let me do it again. :) 

1. The cash shop user has more silver to ATTEMPT for TET, they don't suddenly have a RNGless way to get TET
  2. The cash shop user has access to the same market as the free user for enchanting, they don't suddenly have more shards and stones

These two points destroy any argument for AM being P2W due to the fact that anytime you look at the marketplace, there are less than 10 of each stone and each shard. Please stop lying to the community because you can't actually show that AMs are P2W, the cash shop user WON'T have more TETs, they have a CHANCE to have more TETs. Last I checked for something to be P2W it needs to allow you to buy the better gear, not deal with the same RNG. A user could have 2.8 trillion AM, it won't help them if they only have 7 shards or stones. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

How i prevent my self from reinstalling BDO again.

Remembering that wod had more content

"I started off trying most of the different classes to about level 15-20 and decided in the end that I liked the feel of the Musa the most, currently sitting at level 50 and so I will not be talking about awakening or PvP as I don't have enough experience on those topics. I will say that I definitely am mostly a PvE player but I will try and discover more about PvP as it seems to be the higher focus of this game and it seems to have cool elements to it."

PvP is poorly balanced garbage which favor's what class you are playing/what level you are/how much better gear you have. As for pve, unless you believe that killing the same mobs for weeks or months on end for pitaful amounts of exprience or for a chance for some rng piece of gear to drop, then pve content does not exist. No dungeons or raids exist in this game.

"So you go kill some insects, goblins and wolves etc. and I'm thinking "Wow the feel of this game is just amazing, combat is really fun" and this feeling still holds true but my major issue with the combat is the lack of difficulty, monsters have never really posed a threat, including bosses etc..."

Nothing will really change from what you exprieneced at level one, it will just be mindless grinding untell you hit the soft cap, and then wait untell another expasion and grind mobs for weeks/months on end untell you hit the level cap so you can wait untell another expasion so you can grind against unchallenging mobs to level cap. 

In order to have a greater under standing of peoples opinion of P2W, look at revelation online. That game allows players to get all BiS of gear in less than 1 minute, while if you do not pay you will be forced to wait months. For some retarded reason people do not conisder this to be P2W, despite the fact that it clearly is. Now BDO is not as bad as revelation in terms of P2W, but it does have P2W aspects and people defend such pratices just like the revelation fan boys do. Most people will say "BUT HOW ARE THE GAME DEVS GOING TO SUPPORT THEIR GAME WITHOUT MAKING US PAY FOR CERTAIN THINGS HUH?" but they also enjoy ignoring the fact that all of the bad ass looking armor ,slut garments,  bad ass looking horse armor, and housing custimaztion "Only the flooring and wall options are locked by a paywall but BDO purposly locked most of the cool looking custiomaztion furinature behind a payall" are locked a paywall. 

I could keep going but this post is long enough. I personally thought this game was very in depth but that was only because i was overwhelmed at first, once i got used to this game after 20-30 hours i realized at how dull and bland it really is. This game is a ocean wide but a inch deep.

why you still around then ?

Standard reply is "this game is all about accumulating wealth, wealth = power", so of course if you can buy silver which equals wealth, then the game can be called P2W.  That assumes that everyone's end goal is to be in a full set of TET+ gear though.

125mil per week maximum ( 5x 2900 pearls costume sold 20/25ish millions each ). TET equipement cost 1.1/1.3BILLION per piece ( boss armor ) weapons are 1.4/1.7BILLION.

yeah you can definatly pay2win , it's gonna cost you a fcking shit ton of money and take you a couple months , but yeah you can pay2win.
( tho you could make money way faster just playing the game ).

GOOD LUCK !

Posted

I'm sorry, but the person I was quoting said that the game is P2W because you can buy silver, albeit only 125 million per week, and I was asking how that is P2W.

Regardless, I enjoy destroying the AM argument so let me do it again. :) 

1. The cash shop user has more silver to ATTEMPT for TET, they don't suddenly have a RNGless way to get TET
  2. The cash shop user has access to the same market as the free user for enchanting, they don't suddenly have more shards and stones

These two points destroy any argument for AM being P2W due to the fact that anytime you look at the marketplace, there are less than 10 of each stone and each shard. Please stop lying to the community because you can't actually show that AMs are P2W, the cash shop user WON'T have more TETs, they have a CHANCE to have more TETs. Last I checked for something to be P2W it needs to allow you to buy the better gear, not deal with the same RNG. A user could have 2.8 trillion AM, it won't help them if they only have 7 shards or stones. :) 

Does not matter how you beat around the bush, shards or no shards they have more durability which gives them more attempts which usually gives them more TETs than the average player that does not buy artisans.

You can polish, sugarcoat it all you want, artisans in this game is the only, true form and very definition of pay to win. 

I'm not lying to the community, it is common sense that artisans allow the user to repair easily and try more TETs. I have a lot of friends in game  that tried to go TET around the same time, some buys artisans and those that did  are full TET by now, while those that didn't buy artisans have 1-2 TETs at best. We know it is all RNG in the end, but artisans make it much more easier by having more attempts. 

They basically get more dice roll attempts.

2 people like this

Posted

no shards

gives them more attempts 

So you've just confirmed that you don't actually play the game. Shards/Stones are what give you more attempts, not durability. Durability may be more expensive to recover for the free user, but with over 7,000 memory fragments currently available there aren't any issues for people. Unless you're going to tell me that a cash shop player doesn't need shards/stones to attempt an enchant? :) 

Posted (edited)

So you've just confirmed that you don't actually play the game. Shards/Stones are what give you more attempts, not durability. Durability may be more expensive to recover for the free user, but with over 7,000 memory fragments currently available there aren't any issues for people. Unless you're going to tell me that a cash shop player doesn't need shards/stones to attempt an enchant? :) 

Both shards and memory fragments give attempts, but memory fragments is whats stopping players to do TET attempts to begin with. Are you sure about me not playing the game? It seems more like you are the one not doing that. You can just snipe shards from the market if you have the money. Memory fragments is much more difficult to snipe. 

Anyway, you are avoiding the topic at hand, which you obviously are because you are not making any sense right now. 

Artisans make the memory fragment aspect of Tet enchanting a joke, only leaving the sharps to be needed, while no artisans forces you to get a lot of both.

Artisans _gives_ a _huge_ advantage, you can't convince someone that they don't. You can say "oh you need sharps" or "oh you need to gather" all you want.

Edited by LoneWolf
3 people like this

Posted

I'll just say based on what I have seen in chat, that people in this game are extremely defensive and seem to have some sort of perception that liking something means you aren't allowed to criticize the things you think are bad about it.

I've honestly never seen a playerbase as defensive as BDO's, in an mmo at least. Try bringing something up in channel chat and you'll have at least a couple people going for your throat.

Posted

memory fragments give attempts

You can't use memory fragments to enchant your gear, only concentrated stones which are made with shards. If you have 0 shards and 0 stones then it is IMPOSSIBLE to enchant your gear, even if you have 10.4 trillion AM and 9.54 billion MF. :) 

Posted (edited)

To people who claim it isn't P2W: You're being defensive, and letting it get in the way of your logic. If the amount of money a person throws down is proportional to the advantage they get, then the game is P2W. The fact that a person is able to do the same things, eventually, without paying, is totally irrelevant. The fact that there are non-money requirements is irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is whether or not someone's money spent is proportional to their advantage—and it is.

The only way it wouldn't be P2W is if people who pay money get no advantage proportional to the money they spend (i.e. - If the only things that they could pay for were purely cosmetic.) This is obviously not the case.

Edited by AmagicalFishy
3 people like this

Posted

You can't use memory fragments to enchant your gear, only concentrated stones which are made with shards.

???

Are you deliberately misquoting me to give you more credibility or what? If you are going into what item is technically enchanting a gear piece instead of talking about the artisans giving an advantage on enchantments, then we are done here, I'm not suprised you have run out of ammo.

2 people like this

Posted

The game IS p2w, you can buy your silver directly from Daum with real money -> p2w.

If I buy a costume and sell it on the MP I get a few million, which I could easily have farmed that without spending real cash. So at current limited MP prices I'd have paid to lose.:P

Posted

???
Are you deliberately misquoting me to give you more credibility or what? If you are going into what item is technically enchanting a gear piece instead of talking about the artisans giving an advantage on enchantments, then we are done here, I'm not suprised you have run out of ammo.

I didn't misquote, you deliberately lied and stated that it doesn't matter if you have shards or not when enchanting. You then stated that AM gives you TET rather than giving your more chances for TET. You continued to lie by then stating that it's MF that allow you to enchant and not shards.

shards or no shards they have more durability which gives them more attempts 

Both shards and memory fragments give attempts,

Don't want to be "mis-quoted"? Stop lying then.

You can just snipe shards from the market if you have the money. Memory fragments is much more difficult to snipe. 

Since you claim to play this game, tell me which is easier to snipe...2,506 or 0? :) 

kdmPDtX.png

Posted (edited)

@Plunge - Please outclass Shiraishin with your semantics.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're already here.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

To people who claim it isn't P2W: You're being defensive, and letting it get in the way of your logic. If the amount of money a person throws down is proportional to the advantage they get, then the game is P2W. The fact that a person is able to do the same things, eventually, without paying, is totally irrelevant. The fact that there are non-money requirements is irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is whether or not someone's money spent is proportional to their advantage—and it is.

The only way it wouldn't be P2W is if people who pay money get no advantage proportional to the money they spend (i.e. - If the only things that they could pay for were purely cosmetic.) This is obviously not the case.

Correct

You can't use memory fragments to enchant your gear, only concentrated stones which are made with shards. If you have 0 shards and 0 stones then it is IMPOSSIBLE to enchant your gear, even if you have 10.4 trillion AM and 9.54 billion MF. :) 

Obviously memory fragments don't enchant your gear, stones do and thats all rng. But imagine this as a slot machine instead, you may get 10 attempts while the person next to ya gets 30. Armor durability and enchanting your gear are directly related. 

Posted

Obviously memory fragments don't enchant your gear, stones do and thats all rng. But imagine this as a slot machine instead, you may get 10 attempts while the person next to ya gets 30. Armor durability and enchanting your gear are directly related. 

Let's use the slot machine as an example, concentrated stones are the coins you use to operate the machines, memory fragments are the electricity for the machine and AM are tokens that allow you to run the electricity for longer. 

It doesn't matter how long the slot machine stays on if you run out of coins to play with.

Posted

So everyone who disagrees with you is being defensive? No other way for their opinions to be valid? K den lul.

Also by your logic every game is p2w.. name me one game that looks or plays even close to the quality of BDO that has a purely cosmetic shop, pls.

Posted

Both shards and memory fragments give attempts, but memory fragments is whats stopping players to do TET attempts to begin with. Are you sure about me not playing the game? It seems more like you are the one not doing that. You can just snipe shards from the market if you have the money. Memory fragments is much more difficult to snipe. 
Anyway, you are avoiding the topic at hand, which you obviously are because you are not making any sense right now. 

Artisans make the memory fragment aspect of Tet enchanting a joke, only leaving the sharps to be needed, while no artisans forces you to get a lot of both.

Artisans _gives_ a _huge_ advantage, you can't convince someone that they don't. You can say "oh you need sharps" or "oh you need to gather" all you want.

nitckTa.jpg

You don't actually play this game anymore, do you?

Posted

Well... the original topic was not about your daily ... hourly p2w-troll-bait.

As for the starter of the threat: You can level until reaching Mediah-content, then you are starting to use Potion and the brainless fights are almost over, if you are not too overgeared for those mobs.

To judge this game, you need to spend more time in all the regions and in nodemanagement, workers etc..

Posted (edited)

Let's use the slot machine as an example, concentrated stones are the coins you use to operate the machines, memory fragments are the electricity for the machine and AM are tokens that allow you to run the electricity for longer. 

It doesn't matter how long the slot machine stays on if you run out of coins to play with.

That doesn't negate the fact that the electricity is going to go out for one guy in one hour, and three hours for the other. Meaning that they have to both pay the same electric bill but one of them only has to pay that bill once every three months, and not every one month like the other. In the long run the guy paying once a month is spending much more than the other for the same reward.

Stepping away from the slot machine example, heres an in game one. Player 1 is the one with 100 frags/AM, Player 2 is the one that has only 100 frags. In this example they both will have 10 stones to attempt to enchant with. In their attempts to upgrade the gear the first time say they both fail all 10 times. Player 1 and 2 both repair their gear. Both need to go get more stones already, but heres the kick. Player 1 doesn't need to go get memory fragments yet, he only has to go get more stones, thus he saves a lot more time and silver than player 2 who needs to get both. 

On a side note I agre that its not hard to buy shards or fragments, but that doesnt negate the fact that one without AM is paying more than the one with in the long run.

Edited by DreamC

Posted (edited)

"BUT HOW ARE THE GAME DEVS GOING TO SUPPORT THEIR GAME WITHOUT MAKING US PAY FOR CERTAIN THINGS HUH?"

Back until a few years ago mmos were a 10-12 euro monthly subscription and they survived just fine. How can you justify selling skins for 30-40 euro these days? BD is just another cancerous p2w feeding on players' addiction, they give you some candies at the start to make you believe you'll be ok without spending much if anything at all, then slowly realize Daum is just as guilty as all other f2p bullshit games out there. Everything is toned down and thoroughly designed in order to maximize shop sales, so called "micro transactions" (gotta laugh at the "micro" term)

Edited by Shiraishin