• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Evasion build and Casting Speed

17 posts in this topic

Posted

So far I share my armor and accesories on all my characters, but I want to get seperate gear for my main, a witch. I've looked around and seen that evasion build (rocaba helm+glove+muskan+evasion secondary) is pretty good on a witch, but I run into a problem. The build recommends using +5 evasion crystals on helmet, but then I must sacrifice 4 casting speed. I COULD get 2 CS back trough weapon crystals, but then i would loose 10 AP. Is +10 evasion worth loosing 4 casting speed?

Posted

I wouldn't recommend evasion build unless you have Kzarka Staff because of the cast speed on the staff plus one memory crystal is 5 cast speed.

Posted (edited)

If you don't care about crit chance from crystals, you can go for 2x Viper in Gloves with Kzarka, if you don't have it it's not worth it and think about getting Precision crystals for Kzarka if you have it, instead of Power ones. (i'm talking about black crystal ones ofc. same for Viper)

Edited by Azalel

Posted

The last cs u get from food, as in most cases u get better stat from an extra crystal slot if u wanna min max

Posted

The last cs u get from food, as in most cases u get better stat from an extra crystal slot if u wanna min max

which food (aside from limited-available event buffs) gives 2 castspeed?

because i would rather rotate through serendian meals (5 ap, 10 acc 1 crit -> to reach 5 crit), valencian (mandatory) and a milk tea or other similar one for the xp buff.

if you have kzarka + 4 piece boss armor then the mediah special could give you the last missing 1 castspeed along with 5 ap, but thats not an option in evasion builds with rocaba.

Posted

because i would rather rotate through serendian meals (5 ap, 10 acc 1 crit -> to reach 5 crit), valencian (mandatory) and a milk tea or other similar one for the xp buff.

if you have kzarka + 4 piece boss armor then the mediah special could give you the last missing 1 castspeed along with 5 ap, but thats not an option in evasion builds with rocaba.

its mediah food yes, and i also dont like using it as id rather prefer using another 3rd food.

Posted

+3 from kzarka, +1 from boss set, +1 from crafted set at costume mill (takes $15 cash shop to turn this into a usable costume). 

This is how i get +5 cast speed on sorc while maintaining x2 evasion gems in head and x2 red power in weapon.  Assuming that wizards outfit also gives +1 cast/attack speed. 

1 person likes this

Posted

+3 from kzarka, +1 from boss set, +1 from crafted set at costume mill (takes $15 cash shop to turn this into a usable costume). 

This is how i get +5 cast speed on sorc while maintaining x2 evasion gems in head and x2 red power in weapon.  Assuming that wizards outfit also gives +1 cast/attack speed. 

and how to get 5 crit?

Posted

and how to get 5 crit?

Two Valor gems and serendia food.  I use serendia, knights, valencia (hq version serendia in node/seige so i can get jungle hamburg on as a fourth food). 

Posted

Just wanted to give an alternate crystal setup that gives 5/5 with complete choice of helm crystals.

Cast Speed: Kzarka (+3) & Boss Armor Set (+1) & BMC: Viper in gloves (+1 CS / +2 acc)

Crit: Valor in gloves (+2) & Margoria Food (+2) & crafted costume (+1)

The advantages of this setup include only requiring one food and an extra +2 acc from the viper. Disadvantages are requiring full boss armor (no rocaba) and crafted costume ($15 and you can't look different). 

You could switch to rocaba and get the last CS from mediah food. Also looking into using the coral belt (+1 crit version) instead of the crafted costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

but the evasion build includes rocaba helmet + gloves, so no boss armor set bonus.

I never really understand why people would sacrifice ~10 accuracy from bhegs for 5 evasion, when its also known that accuracy scales slightly better even, but thats how dp/evasion builds roll.

Posted

but the evasion build includes rocaba helmet + gloves, so no boss armor set bonus.

I never really understand why people would sacrifice ~10 accuracy from bhegs for 5 evasion, when its also known that accuracy scales slightly better even, but thats how dp/evasion builds roll.

Yeah its a bad choice for sure.  Muskan ands bhegs should be everyones eventual goal. 

Posted

u could have a addis (i think its called) that gives +1 cast +1 crit and +2 ap in wep, that will cap your cs and crit (im using it atm even tho there could b a betr option)

Posted (edited)

Currently running 2 x Agility, 2 x BMC - Precision in weapon and 1 x BMC - Viper + 1 x BMC - Valor (with full boss ofc)

Leaves me at 3 crit with Serendia Special, could run the +1 crit clothes if I wanted to as well though or another food + shock elixir in a party setup. In the future we'll get +5 accuracy viper which IMO would be flat out better than the crit

Edited by Robin Hoodlum

Posted

Stir-Fried Oyster  gives +2 cast speed

Appearently accuracy isn't that of a big deal for witches/wizards due to the high boost in accuracy from awakening skills. That is why Rocaba helm+gloves and muskan+tree is a popular set. 

Posted

You definitely don't have to go Rocaba to build evasion. That's a whole 5 evasion that you're giving up a lot for (1%cs, 100hp, 10+ accuracy). Afaik it's more like 4 evasion b/c Giath gives more evasion than Rocaba according to datamined info. 

Appearently accuracy isn't that of a big deal for witches/wizards due to the high boost in accuracy from awakening skills. That is why Rocaba helm+gloves and muskan+tree is a popular set. 

Wiz/Witch are smart to take the low hanging fruit accuracy from Bheg's, because evasion stacked characters will still cause a lot of misses even with 25% from abilities - even if we ignore the few abilities with 12-15%. Especially Ninja and Kuno, who can stack insane amounts of evasion with just their buffs and Tadd. 

Especially Wiz will still grab some accuracy if they want to land their grab with any regularity. 

Posted (edited)

Your forgetting about centaurs belt and sicil necklace also adds evasion.

TRI centaurs=15 evasion TRI sicil necklace=9 evasion

Edited by Helga_Hufflepuff
Stats

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0