• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bidding system needs to be gone :(

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Waiting and watching market for 3 hours and constently refreshing YET fail on purchase or sold :( NOTHING FOR 3 HOURS OMFG for real ? fix this

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah rng market is the dumbest thing. Though it'll probably never be changed so you best start praying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well either you are new to the game, or used a bot before that you think it's now worse.

Because before they introduced bidding, with normal playing you got nothing, didn't even have a small chance.

12 people like this

Posted

We dont have the same bidding system at the start. Guess what ?people still moan about marketplace bots and people with better ping. Whatever cowcow do retards will still just moan.

Posted

The problem with the bidding system is when you're buying something, is some f--ker puts up an item for a lower price then you have to wait through the entire bid phase just to buy your item. For example I'm in the middle of buying a couple stacks of beer then one guy decides to list 1 beer at the lowest price just to make people wait. (✿◡‿◡)

7 people like this

Posted

You are new probably. Unless you were a marketbotter yourself. 

Posted

The problem with the bidding system is when you're buying something, is some f--ker puts up an item for a lower price then you have to wait through the entire bid phase just to buy your item. For example I'm in the middle of buying a couple stacks of beer then one guy decides to list 1 beer at the lowest price just to make people wait. (

(✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Waiting and watching market for 3 hours and constently refreshing YET fail on purchase or sold :( NOTHING FOR 3 HOURS OMFG for real ? fix this

Let me guess, your a Ex-Marketplace-Botter?

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me guess, your a Ex-Marketplace-Botter?

Nope semi new

Posted

There's a lot of things wrong with this game, but none are worse than that bidding bullshit. It ruins the experience of buying anything in this game. I like the idea that I can preorder, but not at the cost of standing at the market and trying to make one stinking purchase for 30 minutes. Dumbest economic design in MMO history.

2 people like this

Posted

Depends on what you want to buy.
Yesterday I was able to get over 20 grunil armors in about 40 minutes. I lost some 60, but I did get the number I needed. However if I try to get a DK outfit, chances are I'm not going to get one.

Posted

Nope semi new

Oh you leveled up.  When do you become legendary? :D

Posted

And how do you suggest they set it up instead?

Make the items magically multiply by the number of people that hit "bid" so everyone wins?

2 people like this

Posted

Bidding system is fine. It just sucks that you're normally bidding against thousands. The bonus is that you don't lose to whales who can outbid you. The downside is that thousands are all bidding for the same item. So basically you're trying to win the lottery.

I personally prefer a lottery system than a Whales Win system.

5 people like this

Posted

only problem is is you are forced to buy the lowest priced items, so you often have to sit and wait for the bidding to finalize....just to have someone list another item that hits bid phase.

4 people like this

Posted

Honestly the issue with the lowest price items is the worst part of the bidding system 

still a much better than competing with market place bots

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bidding system is fine. It just sucks that you're normally bidding against thousands. The bonus is that you don't lose to whales who can outbid you. The downside is that thousands are all bidding for the same item. So basically you're trying to win the lottery.

I personally prefer a lottery system than a Whales Win system.

But there are thousands others that would not want a lottery in any form cuz lottery is the ultimate unfairness. A whale win system is better because once that whale gets what he wants I may get to be the one next in line if I can save up enough silver, that alone gives me hope to go on. Where as RNG is basically hopeless.

And how do you suggest they set it up instead?

Make the items magically multiply by the number of people that hit "bid" so everyone wins?

That would be a solution I suppose, after all this is a fantasy game lol. At least that is the fairest solution.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

But there are thousands others that would not want a lottery in any form cuz lottery is the ultimate unfairness. A whale win system is better because once that whale gets what he wants I may get to be the one next in line if I can save up enough silver, that alone gives me hope to go on. Where as RNG is basically hopeless.

That's a load of crap. Every MMO in existence that allows whales to buy up stock will always result in whales buying up the stock to control the market. Whales might not profit, but they can control who the items go to. No just no. One of the best factors of this game is that whales can't control the market.

4 people like this

Posted

That's a load of crap. Every MMO in existence that allows whales to buy up stock will always result in whales buying up the stock to control the market. Whales might not profit, but they can control who the items go to. No just no. One of the best factors of this game is that whales can't control the market.

But RNG is the ultimate unfairness, u can't defend that. Anything is better than RNG. 

Posted (edited)

The system in place now, even though rng heavy, is world's better than what we had before.

You would still never get anything then either.

At least now you have a chance.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

The system in place now, even though rng heavy, is world's better than what we had before.

You would still never get anything then either.

At least now you have a chance.

No not with RNG, chance mean nothing when result is not equal. Everybody has a chance but only one person gets the result that's not fair, everyone should get the same result for the sake of equity.

2 people like this

Posted

But RNG is the ultimate unfairness, u can't defend that. Anything is better than RNG. 

You're looking for the devil where he doesn't exist. RNG might not be "your" friend, but in this case it helps somebody else. Somebody else actually won and received the item. Those who didn't get it, are just losers with sour g-----s who wish to moan "OMFG! RNG is the worst!". Sure,  RNG can be a ----- when you're trying to enhance an item, I'll give you that. But when RNG always produces a winner, as in the case of bidding... then -----ing about RNG is just sour g-----s. Get over it. An RNG where there's no winner is a hard pill to swallow, and can be moaned about. An RNG where there's "Always" a winner is an entirely different entity. When there's always a winner the losers are just puckering from sour g-----s. Get over it, and move on.

Posted

You're looking for the devil where he doesn't exist. RNG might not be "your" friend, but in this case it helps somebody else. Somebody else actually won and received the item. Those who didn't get it, are just losers with sour g-----s who wish to moan "OMFG! RNG is the worst!". Sure,  RNG can be a ----- when you're trying to enhance an item, I'll give you that. But when RNG always produces a winner, as in the case of bidding... then -----ing about RNG is just sour g-----s. Get over it. An RNG where there's no winner is a hard pill to swallow, and can be moaned about. An RNG where there's "Always" a winner is an entirely different entity. When there's always a winner the losers are just puckering from sour g-----s. Get over it, and move on.

What makes u think that it's ok to have only one winner? Everybody with enough money wants to buy so everybody needs to get something in return not just one winner and others left with nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

We dont have the same bidding system at the start. Guess what ?people still moan about marketplace bots and people with better ping. Whatever cowcow do retards will still just moan.

Because they still influence a lot. Not as extreme as without bidding, but still.

Or do you really believe, when 100 items are sold per day, the one that manually checks and clicks in the market, has the same chance as someone who lets his macro run 24 hours nonstop?

The argument is so lame "in bidding everyone has the same chance". Well I tell you, non-cheaters would have much better chance if all the scripts and macros wouldn't be used. So of course they are still a problem. Even for you. Except you are using macros/scripts, then you will like the situation.

Posted

Random is the the epitome of fairness, you may want to rethink that. Everyone has the same chance of winning at the bid.

Would you prefer the old system with only a captcha where the fastest typer with the lowest ping wins?

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0