• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bidding system needs to be gone :(

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Random is the the epitome of fairness, you may want to rethink that. Everyone has the same chance of winning at the bid.

Would you prefer the old system with only a captcha where the fastest typer with the lowest ping wins?

Chance yes everyone has the same chance but result wise NO. There are those who are blessed and those who are damned so it's never fair with RNG. I'd rather have that cake split up so everybody can eat a piece than have one winner take it all. Now how to make that idea work is left to the devs. 

Posted

Why can we all just win? 

How dare sort after items be hard to buy 

1 person likes this

Posted

Chance yes everyone has the same chance but result wise NO. There are those who are blessed and those who are damned so it's never fair with RNG. I'd rather have that cake split up so everybody can eat a piece than have one winner take it all. Now how to make that idea work is left to the devs. 

An equality of results requires the game to track how many bids you lose across the whole marketplace, to know when you deserve to win the next bid, or something like that.

Now tell me you can't see someone abusing the living hell out of this system, by say bidding repeatedly on value packs, which are perhaps the most bid on MP items per posting. Bid after bid, they build up their marketplace 'failstacks' and then switch over to what they really want to buy, and instantly win without anyone else getting a chance.

2 people like this

Posted

An equality of results requires the game to track how many bids you lose across the whole marketplace, to know when you deserve to win the next bid, or something like that.

Now tell me you can't see someone abusing the living hell out of this system, by say bidding repeatedly on value packs, which are perhaps the most bid on MP items per posting. Bid after bid, they build up their marketplace 'failstacks' and then switch over to what they really want to buy, and instantly win without anyone else getting a chance.

Ppl are going to abuse and devs are gonna fix it's part of the process.

As for equality ppl are only gonna care about the result, they don't give a damn about chance, if u fail u fail, zero, zip, none. So make the result equal for everyone or watch them riot.

Posted

As for equality ppl are only gonna care about the result, they don't give a damn about chance, if u fail u fail, zero, zip, none. So make the result equal for everyone or watch them riot.

Uhm, yeah... that's why we're always hearing about Lottery Riots on the evening news.

9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

What makes u think that it's ok to have only one winner? Everybody with enough money wants to buy so everybody needs to get something in return not just one winner and others left with nothing.

Ummm... well for starters.. because there's only one prize to go around. What... are you saying that if 1 person sells an item on the marketplace, that numerous people should all win? Seriously? Are you the type that thinks everybody should get trophies just for participating? C'mon...

Your response is laughable. "Everybody with enough money wants to buy so everybody needs to get something in return" LOL! So you're saying that if somebody lists an item on the market, that everybody who had the money to bid on it should all be given something? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? LOL! Wow...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ummm... well for starters.. because there's only one prize to go around. What... are you saying that if 1 person sells an item on the marketplace, that numerous people should all win? Seriously? Are you the type that thinks everybody should get trophies just for participating? C'mon...

Your response is laughable. "Everybody with enough money wants to buy so everybody needs to get something in return" LOL! So you're saying that if somebody lists an item on the market, that everybody who had the money to bid on it should all be given something? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? LOL! Wow...

Yes that is still fairer that cancer RNG 

RNG is not sorts there is nothing wrong with everyone having a trophie

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

Market RNG is frustrating but everyone has a chance at the item. What some of you want is not a player based market place but a "general goods" npc vendor that has infinite stock of everything. The system has its downs but due to it, it is very hard to rmt items and currency, except entire accounts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Market RNG is frustrating but everyone has a chance at the item. What some of you want is not a player based market place but a "general goods" npc vendor that has infinite stock of everything.

QFT.

Nail on the head, and all that.

And much more polite than what I was going to say!  :P

Posted

Market RNG is frustrating but everyone has a chance at the item. What some of you want is not a player based market place but a "general goods" npc vendor that has infinite stock of everything. The system has its downs but due to it, it is very hard to rmt items and currency, except entire accounts.

Yes indeed since we are not allowed to trade there must be some NPC vendor that sells us everything. The market system in this game simply doesn't work, the price setting ignores supply/demand. 

Posted

The market system is just fine ... You have to work for your items. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Really clonning items? After 1-2 days most of people would stop selling and there would be 10 000 dandelions on the market because they were all clonned from 1.

Fair for everyone...Ok let's take it up a notch.

When you make a new char it should ahve the lv skillpoints and items just like  the top tier character on the server. Of course with the amount of cash in WH like the wealthiest player and everyone should have a set of their T8 horses leveled up with all the good skills. And everyone will live happilly ever after...or how about everyone were bored to hell so they went to a game that has a challenge.

RNG in this situation is the best solution for equal chances. I know why some lobby so much. i remember Jack here talking somethign about 8 bilion he cannot use. Of course he would love a whale system. Why wouldn't you like a system that benefits you. And he spams like crazy about NPC vendors selling already enchanted items up to PEN. Just ignore him you're throwing rocks into a wall....a very thick wall.

1 person likes this

Posted

No not with RNG, chance mean nothing when result is not equal. Everybody has a chance but only one person gets the result that's not fair, everyone should get the same result for the sake of equity.

omg... This is the stupidest thing I have read in my entire life. What are they teaching you in school these days? How old are you even? You think like an 8 year old.

1 person likes this

Posted

The bidding system now is a huge improvement over what we had without it.  No way do I want them to remove it. 

No not with RNG, chance mean nothing when result is not equal. Everybody has a chance but only one person gets the result that's not fair, everyone should get the same result for the sake of equity.

WTF have you been smoking?  How is one item going to be divided among everyone that bid on it?  Perhaps you should explain better because what you said is just... crazy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honnestly the RNG system is great...but need a rework. I would say that it should let you pay the item at the bid phase and if you win you automatically get it in your mail, otherwise your money is refunded which would fix the whole "bid and keep the check bid window opened until it expire to instantly buy the item".

Posted

That would be a solution I suppose, after all this is a fantasy game lol. At least that is the fairest solution.

My follow up was tongue in cheek.

If you have the silver, you could try putting in a very high pre-order.  If an item goes to pre-order, the person with the highest bid wins. That seems to be what you are looking for.

Posted

Waiting and watching market for 3 hours and constently refreshing YET fail on purchase or sold :( NOTHING FOR 3 HOURS OMFG for real ? fix this

Dude, 3 hours? Ofc you wont get shit in 3 hours, let me remind you that you are bypassing millions upon millions in: hard to get stones (sharp/hard), failstacking on a half a dozen alts, the grief of getting half your gear from tri to duo and back, Memory stones to get it all back to speed and the literal DAYS of gameplay it takes to set all of this up, and you want to be able to get a TET in 3 hours? Even 30 hours is outrageously entittled, you suck.

You wont get jack shit in 30 hours or dozens of tries, and that is called; FAIR.

Posted

I wouldn't bother with this person.  Spews out so much irrational no sense. Keeps saying everyone when in fact it's probably only a few individuals that want this.

1 person likes this

Posted

If prices on things like materials and enchant items went up, people would actively start farming these them to make easy money. Market would get flooded the very second one item became to pricey. It's the case in most MMORPGs.

So no, I dont think reasonable prices means only a few rich dudes gets stuff. Loads of life skillers, such as myself, would go nuts farming logs, crystal shards, meat or milk, to make cash if the price was right.

The problem today is that max prices on high demand items is so low, it's not worth farming to sell. You only farm stuff for yourself and horde, because selling feels like giving it  away to someone that doesn't deserve it lol. That's why the marketplace is empty on so many items.

But I do think max price on more exclusive gear&weapons should stay somewhat fixed. Since supply there cant meet demand.

Posted

Really clonning items? After 1-2 days most of people would stop selling and there would be 10 000 dandelions on the market because they were all clonned from 1.

When you make a new char it should ahve the lv skillpoints and items just like  the top tier character on the server. Of course with the amount of cash in WH like the wealthiest player and everyone should have a set of their T8 horses leveled up with all the good skills. And everyone will live happilly ever after...or how about everyone were bored to hell so they went to a game that has a challenge.

RNG in this situation is the best solution for equal chances. I know why some lobby so much. i remember Jack here talking somethign about 8 bilion he cannot use. Of course he would love a whale system. Why wouldn't you like a system that benefits you. And he spams like crazy about NPC vendors selling already enchanted items up to PEN. Just ignore him you're throwing rocks into a wall....a very thick wall.

Dude if u like RNG fine, there are millions of others that don't like RNG=gambling at all. There must be something that let u avoid RNG like force enchanting or NPC selling everything, just for THE RIGHT PRICE.

I wouldn't bother with this person.  Spews out so much irrational no sense. Keeps saying it's everyone when in fact it's probably only a few individuals that want this.

U think it's fun wasting time clicking on market "item sold" "item sold" "failed to purchase" "failed to purchase"? Dude it drives ppl nuts, if u can deal with it fine, others can't .

You still pay the silver so technically it's not cloning. If the system list that a dande can only be sold for 95mil then it makes no sense that a dande is worth any more than that, thus everybody should be able to access it at 95mil, like u buy a cup of coffee at nearby convenience store.

You wont get jack shit in 30 hours or dozens of tries, and that is called; FAIR.

Nah I'd call that waste of time, really. I'd do something meaningful like grinding with my time. Just because everybody is suffering from this retarded system doesn't mean that it's fair. 

You only farm stuff for yourself and horde, because selling feels like giving it  away to someone that doesn't deserve it lol. That's why the marketplace is empty on so many items.

But I do think max price on more exclusive gear&weapons should stay somewhat fixed. Since supply there cant meet demand.

That's exactly the problem here, and the devs are too stupid or too lazy to fix it. Nobody should feel robbed when they sell their sh1t.

Posted

If an item goes to pre-order, the person with the highest bid wins. That seems to be what you are looking for.

Nah, the higher the bid the higher the chance that yours wins, but highest bid doesn't equal automatic win when it goes to pre-order.

Posted

Waiting and watching market for 3 hours and constently refreshing YET fail on purchase or sold :( NOTHING FOR 3 HOURS OMFG for real ? fix this

It's a pain in the ass for high-demand items such as sharps, concentrated blackstones, costumes, etc.

That said, I much prefer it to letting marketplace scripting players run rampant.

Posted

It's a pain in the ass for high-demand items such as sharps, concentrated blackstones, costumes, etc.

That said, I much prefer it to letting marketplace scripting players run rampant.

Yeah but there must be better solution than this, right?

Unluky ppl are quitting this game cuz they can't take this abuse from RNG no more. Enchanting is RNG, buying stuff is RNG, preordering is RNG, everything is f00king RNG in this game. RNG = if u ain't lucky uninstall the game

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah but there must be better solution than this, right?

Unluky ppl are quitting this game cuz they can't take this abuse from RNG no more. Enchanting is RNG, buying stuff is RNG, preordering is RNG, everything is f00king RNG in this game. RNG = if u ain't lucky uninstall the game

When friends ask me about this game, I pretty much say "every aspect of it has at least 3 layers of RNG".

1 person likes this

Posted

The market system is just fine ... You have to work for your items. 

lol, good one.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0