• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bidding system needs to be gone :(

89 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The marketplace system is not ideal, but what FapperJohn (are you twelve?) proposes is very silly.

Here are my suggestions for improvements:

1) More transparency -> show some statistics, for example show us how many people were bidding.

If i know that I lost to 3 other people, then I can try to bid again as my odds weren't that bad. But if I knew I would be bidding against 1000 or even 10000 people then I might reconsider and spend my time trying to acquire such item with other means.

2) Fix the small inconveniences:

* let us buy the lowest priced item but excluding items that are currently in the bid phase

* while bidding maybe take/block our bidding money but then give us the item directly if we win or return/unblock the money; would save us from the messages "failed to purchase/item already sold" which are very frustrating

3) Add queuing mechanism

As I understand some items go into the "preorder" and some go directly into the market starting with the "bidding" phase, let's add a third category which is "queuing" and it would work like this: if the item is not available to buy, you would click on "add to queue" button and you would join to the queue (and as hinted in point 1, transparency would be nice to have here, so you would see how many people are before you in the queue for this specific item).

You would still have the currently available methods of acquiring items but you would also gain a less RNG way of eventually getting those items.

For a rare item I am more willing to wait 100 days and get it for sure rather than to randomly bid on it (as if i was even there to bid it at all times) (yes, with bidding you could get it on your 1st day, but also you could be on your 200th day and still get nothing).

4) Different approach to quantity items?

Perhaps if someone sells 500 wheat and several people bid on it, maybe "more fair" approach would be that the quantity would be divided evenly between the bidders.

I'd rather get guaranteed 166 wheat than a 33% chance of grabbing 500 wheat.

5) Request system

So I understand that certain items are better to keep rather than sell so some are practically not available for buying at all.

What if there was a system for requesting such items.

I need 500 rough stone so I'll make a request for it and in the market it would be visible in a special section that there is a request for at least 500 rough stones (practically it would be more as i suspect many more people would put such requests). 

And as long as there was a requested quantity of the items people would be able to fill the requests. And to incentivise it so the requests would actually be fillable by people - the price could be x% higher than normal market price and on top upon filling the request some trading experience would be given to the person filling such request (based on the total price of the transaction?).

And again just like in point 4 -> if more people request rough stones (lets say 5 people) and someone puts 500 stones, then each of those five people get 100 stones.

----

I don't think those are ground breaking changes, but would remove so much frustration (at least my frustration :P)

Edited by Bremer Dan Gorst
2 people like this

Posted

I understand the existence of the bidding system, but what I don't understand is the fact that I now tried to buy about 50 different items in the last 3 days and literally failed to buy all of them (with a few exceptions where I was too slow). Is it because I'm not level 50 yet? Am I not worthy enough because I only recently started playing again? Do I need to sacrifice a goat to be able to buy items? I don't know! :S

Seriously though, did they lower the success chance of the bidding with some patch? Because I remember with the old bidding (where you didn't have to accept the purchase twice) the chance of getting through with the purchase was relatively okay.

Posted

My complaint is the bid wall barricades things nobody is actually bidding on. I've bought multiples and had to stare at bid wall, calculating for 5 minutes total and got every item I "bid" on.
More times than I can count I've gone to the MB saw 6000 of something I want to buy to make stuff and spam escape, walk away because of the Bid barricade.

Posted

U think it's fun wasting time clicking on market "item sold" "item sold" "failed to purchase" "failed to purchase"? Dude it drives ppl nuts, if u can deal with it fine, others can't .

I have transaction maid I don't waste time front MP >.> Time is silver and I rather spend it grind ding not wasting in front of MP. ^.~

Posted

i agree with op 100%

1 person likes this

Posted

Taking an hour and half to win a couple sharps is a bit ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have transaction maid I don't waste time front MP >.> Time is silver and I rather spend it grind ding not wasting in front of MP. ^.~

I have maids too, and it's still a waste of time by clicking and failing to purchase.

Posted

Taking an hour and half to win a couple sharps is a bit ridiculous.

especially when you can have them for free in way less time than that with a bit of elbow oil.

Posted

There's a lot of things wrong with this game, but none are worse than that bidding bullshit. It ruins the experience of buying anything in this game. I like the idea that I can preorder, but not at the cost of standing at the market and trying to make one stinking purchase for 30 minutes. Dumbest economic design in MMO history.

Exactly dude, I mean how stupid u have to be to come up with this sh1t? Every MMO in existence has a better economy system than BDO. At the least in no other game ppl get so irritated by not being able to purchase sh1t. Ppl would quit this game just for how frustrating it is for them.

Posted (edited)

With out this bidding system someone with billions of silver will snipe all good items and hoard them.  You won't even have to chance to bid or decide if the item was worth buying at listed price because there won't be be any items or many of them. Remember the rich dude can afford to sit and wait at market place for 5 hours with his billions of silver. 

Edited by Vocation

Posted

With out this bidding system someone with billions of silver will snipe all good items and hoard them.  You won't even have to chance to bid or decide if the item was worth buying at listed price because there won't be be any items or many of them. Remember the rich dude can afford to sit and wait at market place for 5 hours with his billions of silver. 

With this cancer RNG bidding system someone lucky will snipe all the good item. Those who are unlucky will never be able to buy anything cuz they are just born with sh1t RNG luck and they can't do sh1t about it.

Posted

With this cancer RNG bidding system someone lucky will snipe all the good item. Those who are unlucky will never be able to buy anything cuz they are just born with sh1t RNG luck and they can't do sh1t about it.

Its not even that. The system before favored the campers and the people with low pings to the servers. They will snipe the items 90% of the times before the images could get rendered on your end. This bidding system is more fair even if its RNG. 

Posted

But RNG is the ultimate unfairness, u can't defend that. Anything is better than RNG. 

actually RNG is completely fair, you're just as crying because you're not getting what you want

dumb as a -----ing brick

Posted

actually RNG is completely fair, you're just as crying because you're not getting what you want

dumb as a -----ing brick

No it's not, ur the one that dumb. Some ppl are just born with shit luck they can't be saved as long as it's RNG. U can get rich if u just grind but u can never get lucky.

Posted (edited)

No it's not, ur the one that dumb. Some ppl are just born with shit luck they can't be saved as long as it's RNG. U can get rich if u just grind but u can never get lucky.

find people funny when they say others have better RNG then someone else, RNG is RNG you either get lucky or you don't, even someone with really good RNG can start getting very unlucky why? because it's RNG ffs, everyone has the same chance at winning a bid, and everyone has the same chance at failing it, some just get lucky and win it more then others but eventually they get unlucky and start losing it to others hence randomness, just like playing a game with dice sometimes people will always roll higher numbers constantly then all of a sudden they will start rolling lower numbers and someone else will win and possibly even go on a streak. You really have no right to reply to someone calling them dumb when you're the one who is wrong.

Hell lately I couldn't even get a costume for any of my characters off marketplace then today when two new ones were released I got my Valk's costume in my first try and my Musa's costume on my 7th try, RNG is RNG and whining wont make a difference, just will make you more irritating to people.

Edited by Excisionex

Posted (edited)

find people funny when they say others have better RNG then someone else, RNG is RNG you either get lucky or you don't, even someone with really good RNG can start getting very unlucky why? because it's RNG ffs, everyone has the same chance at winning a bid, and everyone has the same chance at failing it, some just get lucky and win it more then others but eventually they get unlucky and start losing it to others hence randomness, just like playing a game with dice sometimes people will always roll higher numbers constantly then all of a sudden they will start rolling lower numbers and someone else will win and possibly even go on a streak. You really have no right to reply to someone calling them dumb when you're the one who is wrong.

Hell lately I couldn't even get a costume for any of my characters off marketplace then today when two new ones were released I got my Valk's costume in my first try and my Musa's costume on my 7th try, RNG is RNG and whining wont make a difference, just will make you more irritating to people.

So who cares if ur irritated? Can't stand some1 with different opinion? 

RNG is cancer it's the biggest reason ppl quit this game, unlucky ppl knows that they will never stand a legitimate chance in this game as long as every f00king thing is RNG. A way to progress gear without RNG must be provided that:

If ur lucky u can upgrade with less cost than the non-RNG way

If ur unlucky it will cost more

There MUST be a CHOICE! Not just f00king RNG only.

As for costumes I don't even care I just buy with $$$ fine with me, I'm always willing to pay if I can avoid RNG shit.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

I hate it that we can only purchase the cheapest item. If I don't care about a a slight price difference. What bothers me is that I have to join a damn bid war while the insta buy item under it costs like 2 silver more.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate it that we can only purchase the cheapest item. If I don't care about a a slight price difference. What bothers me is that I have to join a damn bid war while the insta buy item under it costs like 2 silver more.

It's the worst.

Oh no, those Kalis Longbow's are 100 silver less, better grab them up!

Posted

This is my only beef with the current marketplace. I know they recently tried to fix it by adding a price window that you could buy within, but it's still too small of a margin for my tastes. 

Posted (edited)

So who cares if ur irritated? Can't stand some1 with different opinion? 

RNG is cancer it's the biggest reason ppl quit this game, unlucky ppl knows that they will never stand a legitimate chance in this game as long as every f00king thing is RNG. A way to progress gear without RNG must be provided that:

If ur lucky u can upgrade with less cost than the non-RNG way

If ur unlucky it will cost more

There MUST be a CHOICE! Not just f00king RNG only.

As for costumes I don't even care I just buy with $$$ fine with me, I'm always willing to pay if I can avoid RNG shit.

you're hilarious and I think you need to learn how to read, never said I was irritated I said it makes you more irritating to people.

Once again it's still fair... lol everyone has an equal chance at losing a bid what do you not understand? just because someone got lucky doesn't mean they wont hit a patch where their luck runs out it's RNG, my example of dice was to hard for you to understand? you're too funny. Also RNG is in pretty much all games, deal with it. If you wanted to just state an opinion you wouldn't be quoting another guy calling him dumb back while neglecting his opinion by saying no it's not.

Also really? there must be a choice between RNG and not RNG? what kind of game would that be, nobody would take the RNG method if they didn't have too, also there is multiple ways to get an item in the game, do the bosses, use the marketplace, use the night vendor or wait for an event for that item and even if all 4 are RNG they give more then enough choices, even without a bidding system it would still be RNG since it would be the first person who buys it out of thousands of people, so stop whining about RNG and if you don't like it then quit but good luck finding a game without it.

Edited by Excisionex

Posted

you're hilarious and I think you need to learn how to read, never said I was irritated I said it makes you more irritating to people.

Once again it's still fair... lol everyone has an equal chance at losing a bid what do you not understand? just because someone got lucky doesn't mean they wont hit a patch where their luck runs out it's RNG, my example of dice was to hard for you to understand? you're too funny. Also RNG is in pretty much all games, deal with it. If you wanted to just state an opinion you wouldn't be calling another guy dumb neglecting his opinion by saying he was wrong.

He called me dumb first, so there ain't no reason for me to fire back. Maybe ur too dumb to understand that.

And no, RNG is not fair, if it's fair ppl would not be quiting because of that shit. The problem is the only choices we have is RNG, certain unlucky ppl will never win because there is no alternative. Ppl only have limited amount of chances, if RNG f00ks u up most ppl would quit, there ain't no next time in enchanting because most ppl simply don't have the resource or patience to try again and again and again.

Posted

He called me dumb first, so there ain't no reason for me to fire back. Maybe ur too dumb to understand that.

And no, RNG is not fair, if it's fair ppl would not be quiting because of that shit. The problem is the only choices we have is RNG, certain unlucky ppl will never win because there is no alternative. Ppl only have limited amount of chances, if RNG f00ks u up most ppl would quit, there ain't no next time in enchanting because most ppl simply don't have the resource or patience to try again and again and again.

People quit all games because of RNG because oh wait EVERY game has it, if people want to be babies and quit because of it then so be it they can go play my little pony, and it's not about you calling him dumb back it's about you neglecting his opinion and saying he was wrong yet you said to me "cant stand someone with a different opinion" maybe you're to dumb to understand that and your reading seems to be horrible. People like you just crack me up, expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter while their are people out there with PEN and TET gear they worked their asses off for and are not complaining lmao, if they can do that why cant you? because you're just some casual? lol anyway replying to you is a waste of time, only a matter of time anyway till this thread bites the dust like all the ones about RNG before it.

Posted (edited)

People quit all games because of RNG because oh wait EVERY game has it, if people want to be babies and quit because of it then so be it they can go play my little pony, and it's not about you calling him dumb back it's about you neglecting his opinion and saying he was wrong yet you said to me "cant stand someone with a different opinion" maybe you're to dumb to understand that and your reading seems to be horrible. People like you just crack me up, expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter while their are people out there with PEN and TET gear they worked their asses off for and are not complaining lmao, if they can do that why cant you? because you're just some casual? lol anyway replying to you is a waste of time, only a matter of time anyway till this thread bites the dust like all the ones about RNG before it.

Ps. If there ain't no reason for you to fire back, you wouldn't of replied back calling him dumb O.o stop proving the definition of what you're lol.

lol that's a lot of insulting words there. Seriously I don't give a damn about ur opinion or what u write or whether ur irritated or not so just deal with it son. 

As for RNG the reason it's cancer is because there is no alternative to it, and I'm not gonna change my opinion about that. And plz save ur time don't write some lengthy reply to me cuz I ain't reading it.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted (edited)

lol that's a lot of insulting words there. Seriously I don't give a damn about ur opinion or what u write or whether ur irritated or not so just deal with it son. 

I'm not irritated, I'm amused :) though I honestly don't care if people want to whine about something being unfair when it's in fact fair, and obviously you don't care about others opinions either because you fired back "yet saying you had no reason to which is hilarious" when someone stated theirs :P these threads don't last long anyway the OP just denies everyone else's opinions thinking their right and everyone else is wrong.

Edited by Excisionex

Posted

People quitting because of RNG are quitting because of a different kind of RNG.

When it is RNG relating to an item that thousands are trying to purchase, it is technically as fair to you as it is to everyone else attempting to buy the item

If it is RNG relating to enhancing accessories, of which you can fail multiple times losing all net worth, that is understandable to why some players just cannot continue playing after they go backwards so far in progress.

The marketplace is much better how it is now, it can be frustrating at times losing multiple purchases on boss armour for example, but it is much better than how the system worked beforehand.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0