• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Housing Monopoly

74 posts in this topic

Posted

The Rank 1 housing system is the oddest thing I've ever seen in an MMO. I've mulled over many different mechanics, and the best I can come up with that would be remotely competitive, is a lifeskill system that takes lifeskills, crafting, etc. that contributes to the town/city  to earn town/city contribution. And not simply who can pack their house with the most high point value furniture items.

And even then, it shouldn't limit to Rank 1. It should be a range like Rank 1 - 5. Or even better, a player that can contribute above a pre-designated threshold.

Packing your house with items isn't competitive. Contributing the the town/city is competitive.

Lol this is actually the WHALE system that u despise so much about. 

Posted

Lol this is actually the WHALE system that u despise so much about. 

still waiting for that screenshot.

do you even get profit from those investment banks?

I heard you lose more than you gain.

Posted

A few millions per day is worth it to you to spend a few hundred?

In the long run it has a better ratio than selling pearl items. I was making 25m daily on average from investment banking for months before the merge. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

The rewards for just the Valencia banks, is like Millions of silver per day, with 2 workers.

Not p2w definitely    xDDDDDD

Posted

I'm not splitting hairs. You're, literally, ignoring my point.

The amount of advantage you get is proportional to the amount of money that you pay. If Player A and Player B do the same amount of work, but Player B pays a bunch of money, Player B will definitely have an advantage over Player A. Player B will always be in the advantageous position, and this advantage is proportional to how much money was spent. This is exactly what P2W is, and this is exactly the model that BDO fits. I'm not the one theory crafting here, the above Player A-B scenario is so straightforward and apparent it's almost trivially true.

On the other hand, this is theory crafting: Coming up with scenarios as to how an non-paying player could potentially match a paying player who plays less, by playing more and optimizing their [whatever] strategies.

This is very much the pot calling the kettle black.

Sooooo...go get a job.

Posted

In or, they've changed insanely banks to be a workshop now instead of a separate thing requiring decoration game. Accessible to all.

Posted (edited)

I'm sure you have a source for this. :) Odd that this person only got a high of 12 million, but I'm sure you've documented your numbers. Rather irnoic that you accuse someone of pulling numbers out of their arse, and then proceed to pull numbers out of your own arse.

Good one! :) 

Oh thanks for asking, indeed i do

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzAeIFslcWhZ-TudUTrvt4S6ejGF8Uo5FwVqNivfHK0/edit#gid=808784556

There you have it, line 99 and 100. It takes a little over 9h for my Goblins to complete one run, so i get 2 per day. I rest my case. So how about next time you have no clue what you are talking about (which is usually the case) you just dont hit the reply button? Or atleast do it every other time.

And since you seem to have trouble reading and understanding, let me quote yourself to you:

"The MAXIMUM you can make in a day is 12 million silver, in truth you're much more likely to hit around 1 million extra day. "

For your convenience i have highlighted the important part (not sure you can see that, but there is only so much that can be done). And last time i checked a day has 24h and that means at 9h per run that is atleast 2 runs per day if you log in every 12h atleast. And to put icing on the cake you didnt even read the source you quotet yourself otherwise you would have seen the part where it says :

Cycles per day2,582,54

Benefits per day5.729.395,536.172.962,93

still waiting for that screenshot.

do you even get profit from those investment banks?

No you dont.

Edited by MajorS
1 person likes this

Posted

There you have it, line 99 and 100.

And the maximum i made from that bank in one day was a little over 23m.

So I asked you to provide evidence that you made 23 million in one day from one bank, to which you replied with a link to the SAME Google Doc I posted and pointed me toward the line that shows ~12 million silver, which is what I said was the maximum you could make. You claimed that you made 23 million silver, the lines you linked me to show values of 11 and 12 million silver.  

Are you under the impression that no one on this forum can read, or are you so delusional that you think no one will notice your blatant lie? :) 

Posted

I just want more houses with multiple rooms and a more unique feel to them. It's annoying that most houses in this game are only one room. And a garden that can be used to place furniture in or crops would be great.

But on the topic of the 14000 point houses etc. that system is horrible they should rework it to as soon as your house has let's say 5000 points for example, you are able to try for that gold. 

2 people like this

Posted

So I asked you to provide evidence that you made 23 million in one day from one bank, to which you replied with a link to the SAME Google Doc I posted and pointed me toward the line that shows ~12 million silver, which is what I said was the maximum you could make. You claimed that you made 23 million silver, the lines you linked me to show values of 11 and 12 million silver.  

Hint: 12*2= ?

1 person likes this

Posted

the system could work better if it was more elaborate. Like, only certain sets of furnitures (including pearl shop ones) allowed in certain towns. Limit to the number of pieces you can place (scaled with CP invested to own the apartment). In this way there could be a much closer and fierce competition, plus we could get rid of certain ludicrous set ups, with top ranked apartments that are good only for throwing up, and others where you risk to get stuck the moment you step in to visit them.

Posted

Your losses tend to be less than your wins. So the most you typically lose is 6 million, but more often than not its maybe 2 million.

Your wins normally are 6-11 million.

I don't have a spreadsheet, but thats about right. In theory you can hit 23m in a day, and sure it happens soemtimes, but sometimes you lose 10 million. Overall it favors the investor.

Posted

How ? Whatever you can get free in game the cash shopper can too, but they also get their +500 set bonus so there's no way to compete with them if they want to win a specific house.

The only way to compete with them is to not compete at all and find another house they don't want

You Tube it. There's a long time player who explains and compares cash shop vs market items very well.

Here's the link 

Don't be so defeated. Do your research. You can be number 1. I have faith in you :)

Posted

You Tube it. There's a long time player who explains and compares cash shop vs market items very well.

Here's the link 

Don't be so defeated. Do your research. You can be number 1. I have faith in you :)

A video posted before they changed it so crafted furniture doesn't count more than once, yes, that's certainly strengthening the argument.

Blade researches his stuff, but you can't expect him to develop a time machine to go back to edit videos he's made when they update the game. It's not a thing anymore.

Posted (edited)

Here's the link 

If you had watched the video you'd see the annotation he's added which states that "multiple copies of the same item no longer add points" so it's just a guide on how to get the best furniture items with no more ability to stack items it's impossible to compete with a cash shopper who does benefit from multiple cash shop copies stacking points, hell the don't even need to stack copies as there's many different items they can buy.

Anything a non paying player can get in game the paying player can get but the playing player has the added advantage of the cash shop items on top of the normal items.

So the only way you can compete is to find a home that a cash shop player doesn't want and compete with the other non paying players and if a cash shop players comes along and decides he now wants your number 1 house, there's nothing you can do to stop him

It's a ridiculous system

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted

Let the whales support the game. I remember being in a guild in Blade and Soul called Killer Whales. I wonder if that was a guild established by NC Soft. lol. Anyways. As long as they pay for the game. We can all eat cake.

Posted

If you had watched the video you'd see the annotation he's added which states that "multiple copies of the same item no longer add points" so it's just a guide on how to get the best furniture items with no more ability to stack items it's impossible to compete with a cash shopper who does benefit from multiple cash shop copies stacking points, hell the don't even need to stack copies as there's many different items they can buy.

Anything a non paying player can get in game the paying player can get but the playing player has the added advantage of the cash shop items on top of the normal items.

So the only way you can compete is to find a home that a cash shop player doesn't want and compete with the other non paying players and if a cash shop players comes along and decides he now wants your number 1 house, there's nothing you can do to stop him

I watched the video. I seriously doubt you did, because if you did. He explains how much RL money he spent and how it was unnecessary. My original point remains. Can you compete without spending RL money, you sure can. Is it more difficult. Absolutely.

Welcome to the world of MMO with cash shops, it's a fact of life and its not going to change. I suggest getting use to it or go play something else. 

Posted

Welcome to the world of MMO with cash shops, it's a fact of life and its not going to change. I suggest getting use to it or go play something else. 

Doesn't mean you HAVE to bend over and take it.

Posted (edited)

I watched the video. I seriously doubt you did, because if you did. He explains how much RL money he spent and how it was unnecessary. My original point remains. Can you compete without spending RL money, you sure can. Is it more difficult. Absolutely.

How about you watch the video and better yet.. UNDERSTAND what you watch?!

Seriously, you are condescending, yet you are wrong. Even the person who made that youtube video admits it..... sigh....

Why spread the misinformation? What does it accomplish? Are you one of these people who spend $2k+ on furniture only to realize how dumb it is/was and now you will defend it?

They changed the way points work for crafted/ npc bought furniture so that points don't stack from having the same item multiple times. Yet it doesn't do this for pearl items.

This means that you can literally craft every single furniture/ interior point item in the game, plus buy the all the furniture from NPC's and I can still get a higher rank house than you simple by buying multiple Chandeliers.

Do you not understand this? 

Here prove to us you know what you are talking about and get Rank 1 in Heidel 9-4 with crafted/ npc furniture.. or get a rank 1 house in Arehaza.

Here's one easier for you, show us you breaking 30k interior points with ONLY crafted/ NPC bought items...

I DARE YOU!

Sad fact is it's a shit system and one of the few things in this game that are P2W and a cash grab. Though honestly who cares? I can make more money with less stress anyways.

Such a waste in every sense of the word.

Edited by Pavo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can you compete without spending RL money, you sure can. Is it more difficult. Absolutely.

Err, no ... if someone with a wallet wants to take it, he can ... all your silver amounts to nothing because you cannot pile same item bonus, how many sets are there in the Pearl Store? each set should provide a bonus.

But I am not going over with that, its just its a system right now that only a few can engage because its limited, this I think had a snowball effect because people realized they cannot compete with wallet warriors and stop, this is more of a case were you lose 1000 people willing to buy something because you made it so only 10 can actually use it.

This is why banking was broken, it was a system for a few and the rests would have to Wallet PvP eventually, not you needed to buy every house set but you had to buy some otherwise someone would simply wallet and win.

Edited by DRKN
1 person likes this

Posted

Are you under the impression that no one on this forum can read, or are you so delusional that you think no one will notice your blatant lie? :) 

Are you

a) ignorant

b) clueless

c) troll

d) all of the above

The sheet i linked is my own if you cant even tell the difference. And since you are incapable of math i will break it dowan for you again. Day = 24h, 1 cycle = 9h => about 2 cycles per day => which means that those two results fall within a time period of 24h which is a day which is the 23m i mentioned. I am not sure whats worse your constant babbling of nonsense or your inability to actually comprehend and realize when you are wrong. Because even if you do only 1 cycle per day the 1m you mentioned is still wrong. WHich is clear from the evidence you posted yourself but failed to understand in the slightest.

Posted

Really the solution for all this would be to make the top 5~10 players or so count as the top house. The housing system seemed not so bad from what I've read when there were multiple servers but having hundreds of thousands of players compete for a few hundred homes is just ridiculous. Seems they really forgot to scale some stuff with the server merge.

Posted

I don't care much about top housing spot, but I'm dying for huge houses with multiple bedrooms/ stories.

WTB mansions and castles

1 person likes this

Posted

I wanted to try investment banking... but saw that every house as a huge amount of points. This is a huge disappointment.

Posted (edited)

The MAXIMUM you can make in a day is 12 million silver, in truth you're much more likely to hit around 1 million extra day. You're also forgetting that Valencia has 129 houses to chose from. 

This is wrong... the 50m High Yield node with an arti goblin takes roughly 9 hours. He can return 4-5 100g ingots + 3-13m silver..... Ive had this goblin EASILY pull in 20m alone on the regular, per day. For someone that claims to know about the game, its almost as if you dont even play it? (Forums arent actually part of the game)

Edited by Reckoner